Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,824 comments
Thanks for the feedback though, as I otherwise never would've checked that I don't know how this got un-checked!

Thanks again! Now I'm off to try your new 992 GT3!
I'm glad you solved it. And yes, you must check the auto-adjust scale setting.

It's obvious, but remember to also have a rotation angle of 900º into Thrustmaster TX Control Panel in Windows.

Last edited:
Hey you guys,

My AC install went blooey and I've spent the last 48 hours frantically trying to revive it. Uninstall/reinstall. CHKDSK. Move install to D: Integrity check. Everything. Nothing. I give up. What with hundreds of mods, Content Manager, Custom Shader Patch and all the rest, this house of cards was doomed to fail. Sooner or later...is now. Is potato. I give up. It's been a great ride, but I'm done. Goodbye cruel world. I may check in from time to time, but basically, I'm outta here. Good bye...and good luck. (Write me when AC2 ships.)
I've often thought about if, when CSP etc goes pop.
Worst case is, at least i thought, you just start again.
Rid your PC of all traces of AC, CSP, SOL etc etc.
If needed worst case purchase base game for what £4 in steam sale.
And start all over.
Sometimes i wonder if it would be a blessing and just start again and only with the best mods.

Ah Roland Hummerich mods for f1 challenge
RH2004 is argualy the best f1 mod ever done for this game gen
Ralph Hummerich :) His skinpacks were awesome
He did liveries for Project Cars later on

Hum2.jpg

Last edited:
Alright now. Don't give up. Take a rest. Let it sit and come back in a day or two. Don't give up. Plenty of IT guys here including myself that would take the time to help you.
Add my offer to help, to that pile.
And start all over.
Sometimes i wonder if it would be a blessing and just start again and only with the best mods.
Clean sheet is very inviting. Windows SOP, too. Good backups, sharp pruning knife... 😂

And start all over.
I was going to say something similar. Start again with a clean slate, write down what car/track mods you enjoyed the most and forget the rest.
My AC is so bloated it's ridiculous, and even being brutal with deletions isn't easy because of the CM memory loss issue making the UI soon slow to a crawl.
See this as an opportunity for a fresh start and you might find AC ends up performing better than ever.

I'm waiting since F197 by Psygnosis for PS1 to drive that Mastercard Lola TRUCK :D

The exact model I mentioned few posts ago. Sad that many people are converging on the same model at the same time instead of choosing they're own category (RSS for formulas, vrc for prototypes ecc)

In fairness, VRC have done all the other circa 2000 prototypes, so it fits nicely into their grid. And personally I'm a big fan of having several models from the same era to create a varied grid.

I'd love something like the Matra MS670 you mentioned, but it'd be weird on its own without a matching Ferrari, Mirage, Alfa, Lola or Chevron IMO.

Credit to them for doing a nice in-depth field, which matches the RSS GT1 and GT2 cars really well.

Good point, I absolutely loved that Rafanelli Lola in ALMS. The ORECA run Chrysler-Dallaras would match their other cars better than the BMW too and they were really competitive.
There is 1 car y'all also forgotten that most of us wanted: the Dallara BR1....the 2019 LMP1 that is missing.
We have some courage and Pescarolo from simdream but eventually you can use them for racing against in a well designed mod live vrc or whatever it is.
Btw for me we need more groups of modders like that. They're really a few.
love all these chats plus @Berganzio we got some of these cars in the works aswell including the Pescarolo C60 from 2003 and the Courage LC70 and C65 LMP900?

I think that ACF Magny Cours 2001 is the only one version with old chicane...I think...

I try to do something...increasing the textures resolution (very low) starting from 1997 billboards, where possibile...as always...

Little mistake: tobacco livery for Benetton on a no tobacco circuit! But it's Jean Alesi! 😁

View attachment 1137103
i search evrywhere this track with this chicane, can you give me the link here or in dm plz ?:bowdown:

i search evrywhere this track with this chicane, can you give me the link here or in dm plz ?:bowdown:
You really do need @Breathe's track spreadsheet. I don't seem to be able to paste the link without the whole spreadsheet appearing here. Perhaps someone can help out.

One of the most useful contributions to this community ever made, now even better than before. The track links are in column D.

Last edited:
I was going to say something similar. Start again with a clean slate, write down what car/track mods you enjoyed the most and forget the rest.
My AC is so bloated it's ridiculous, and even being brutal with deletions isn't easy because of the CM memory loss issue making the UI soon slow to a crawl.
See this as an opportunity for a fresh start and you might find AC ends up performing better than ever.
Ive Done that several times now. Complete with new Windows Installation.
I always find AC running and looking better after that too.

I worked these cars on rf1.
Yes i have a discord in my signature.
There is not plenty of cars but there are some
Unfortunately I cannot say what are the differences you brought to the kunos models (really curious to know!) But I encountered a problem with the sauver c9 sprint. The engine doesn't rev high otherwise it broke in less than 1 sec. Is there a way to fix it?

Hey you guys,

My AC install went blooey and I've spent the last 48 hours frantically trying to revive it. Uninstall/reinstall. CHKDSK. Move install to D: Integrity check. Everything. Nothing. I give up. What with hundreds of mods, Content Manager, Custom Shader Patch and all the rest, this house of cards was doomed to fail. Sooner or later...is now. Is potato. I give up. It's been a great ride, but I'm done. Goodbye cruel world. I may check in from time to time, but basically, I'm outta here. Good bye...and good luck. (Write me when AC2 ships.)
Sorry, I didn't followed the story.
What exactly went Blooey ? Do you have a error message, is it from CM, or Steam, or AC itself ? When you say "move install to D" you are implying it wasn't at first, so I suppose on C, with the System. Is the system clean ? (sounds silly, but a system failure is more likely to make it fail than a intregrity failure, especially when the install is on the same disk)

I know what you feel. I tried to mod Far Cry 3 once. Didn't worked. Never even worked again. not even an error message, just never launch. integrity check, system check, Security check, steam check, every god damned possibilities. No idea why. And you know what ? 10 years later, it is still one of the few old games that I miss... Sad, isn't it ?
Don't do the same mistake. It's IT world, man, everything work or doesn't for a reason, even if it's close to impossible to find it. I'm sure there is a bunch of Nerds here who knows a thing or two about it :gtpflag:

OFFER/OPTION

This is not for everyone. Requires a bit of diligence and care.
I don't have ANY of the actual data files/folders in content/cars or content/tracks.
My AC install is on an nVME drive, my AC library is on another HDD.

My car and track libraries are organised by folders which suit me and are not important in this context.

I'll written two batch files, which are placed on my desktop for easy access.
The batch files are folder drop targets. You drag and drop car or track folders from almost any file manager (even 7Z) onto them, and they take the dropped folder (or folders) and create junctions for those folders in content/cars or content/tracks, depending on which batch file you drop on. NB. NO nested folders, just single-level folders like you have in content/cars or content/tracks. There IS NO error checking. I wrote them for me. That said, you're creating a junction, not anything potentially catastrophic, and Windows does some housekeeping (can't create duplicates etc). So I don't think anything will explode, but your data, your drives, make backups.

Tech Note: A junction is like a shortcut, except for the OS. To Windows or any app that uses Widows file management, that folder looks like it's there, except it's not, it's on another drive or what-what.

So in content/cars and content/tracks, you only have junctions. Delete button in CM deletes the junction only, not the files.
This wouldn't solve the memory problems if if you just dragged and dropped ERRYTHANG, but it opens the possibility to only have what you're interested in at the moment, in your content folder.
Like say one JDM car and 6 Touge tracks. (that's how I use it, anyway). With these small numbers CM struggles less.
I also have a sandbox folder for cars and tracks I'm not sure about and don't want to add to the library before I've had a go with them.

You could do this by copying only the cars/tracks you want rn to the AC content folder, but SSD's have a finite life and write/delete cycles like I can do now would be bad for the drive. Every folder has 100's of files.

There are some more caveats to note, but this post is long enough already.

Happy to post the batch files if anyone is interested, but I won't be tech-support for anyone's Windows install :)
Hah! No.

Last edited:
shi
Pineda v1.16

conversion from GTR2/GTL.
Fictional circuit in Spain.

View attachment 1135425
-CSP required
-34 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Created for rFactor by entrevias. Thanks for creating this track and making it freeware.
Converted GTR2 by RacerM and Thank you for gave me permission
Converted GTL by der Dumeklemmer

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
cam and ext_config by @CrisT86
.lua and font by @gunnar333
Additional Pits Layout by @MeltFire
logo.png by @Fanapryde
cameraman, tree texture by kunos
Test, Feedback by @Breathe , @RMi_wood , @twobegreen

The readme for rF, GTR2, GTL and AC can be found in the _readme folder.
Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.15 changelog;
Change Castrol billboard.
Added some normal map.
Tweaked shader.
Adjusted the brightness of the light.
Spectators are now supported in camera_facting.ini.
Replaced the cameraman with one from kunos.
Reduced the saturation of the curbs.
Added normal maps for islands and hills.
Expanded sea area and adjusted shaders.
Adjusted the UI.
The blue areas were erased with treewall textures.

v1.16 changelog;
Tree was placed at the edge of Treewall. ( @Fanapryde Thanks for the report.)

v1.16 changelog;
Tree was placed at the edge of Treewall. ( @Fanapryde Thanks for the report.)
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf15t_pineda_11-3-122-11-0-32.jpg

I think that ACF Magny Cours 2001 is the only one version with old chicane...I think...

I try to do something...increasing the textures resolution (very low) starting from 1997 billboards, where possibile...as always...

Little mistake: tobacco livery for Benetton on a no tobacco circuit! But it's Jean Alesi! 😁

View attachment 1137103
i try it ! it's converted from GP4 i thinck right ? The track is great, but the kerb are poor :'(
You thinck you can make it better ?
I try Hockenheim 01 it's a bit highter in term of quality but if you can make something too ? it will be amazing track's is good too :)

thx again for what you do :)

Ralph Hummerich and Ivo Franic made the best F1 mods for the EA games. They were already involved in making the games themselfs.
agree !

Last edited:
Ok, so I've fixed the previous issue (TLDR I'm stoopid), but I have a new one. When I try to open the collider with ksEditor, I get a message: "ERROR: FOUND SCALING ON NODE: RootNode" Anyone know what's wrong?

The original install was on C:. After a half-dozen attempts to repair that one (including uninstall/reinstall, flushing the Steam cache, etc., etc.) I tried a brand-new install on D:, which lead to the same dead-end as before: a message about "disc write failure" towards the end of the (incomplete) install. My C: and D: are separate SSDs. It's extremely unlikely that both SSDs developed bad sectors (or whatever) at the same moment. Therefore, something bad must be stuck somewhere in some sub-basement of Win10 (yes, I tried W11; hated it). I suppose I could offload everything (we're talking terrabytes here) onto an external drive, reformat C: and D: and start all over again, but I just can't. I've sunk 5 years of my life into this game (which has given me some priceless moments, like winning a league race at my favorite track in my favorite car). I have nothing left to give. So I'm retreating to my private island in the British Virgins (no phone, no TV, no Internet) to lollygag on the beach, sipping margaritas and thinking of you guys. Fins up!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back