Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,757 comments
Please excuse me for asking, I remember seeing something about a Tokyo R246 conversion for AC? I was away from my sim rig when it was released and don't recall seeing it anywhere to download now. If someone could send that to me or direct me to where I can download it, then it would be extremely appreciated, thank you.
You'll find the Tokyo R246 here ("fictive" tab):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13712763

Please excuse me for asking, I remember seeing something about a Tokyo R246 conversion for AC? I was away from my sim rig when it was released and don't recall seeing it anywhere to download now. If someone could send that to me or direct me to where I can download it, then it would be extremely appreciated, thank you.
Here. link in the description

Ferrari 355 Berlinetta and ferrari F355 Berlinetta F1

Authors: GADU Boyz Mod, updated Peugeot905

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/.../Ferrari_355_Berlinetta.7z/file

Other mods I have updated or converted: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

Changelog
-Updated accurate gear ratio's(courtesy of Motortrend)
-Upated Tyres to help replicate reliastic grip levels.
-Updated Previews for mod.
-Updates to .Lut tyre files
-Slight modifications to car.ini
-other slight modifications.

Test's used for data
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ferrari-f355-berlinetta/
https://www.caranddriver.com/.../ferrari-f355-archived.../
https://www.roadandtrack.com/.../1995-ferrari-f355.../
Also BestMotoring videos

View attachment 1151173
View attachment 1151174
Great car! many thanks!

i havent looked into his files but the capped top speed suggest it has been. could be wrong. shame as hes one of my fav modders.

I always found his mods being rubbish in physics terms (nissan r390 f.ex.) so yours better be better than his mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi !

Another skinpack for a lonely monoskin car.
Untitled-1.jpg

Those are fictional but still "early 90's" era based, and all made in 4k for the eye candy.

LINK :

GANON :

Cheers !

Attachments

• Screenshot_pb_mazda_62_rx7_rt_sebring_17-4-122-19-24-9.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_mazda_62_rx7_rt_sebring_17-4-122-19-24-9.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_pb_mazda_62_rx7_rt_sebring_17-4-122-19-25-46.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_mazda_62_rx7_rt_sebring_17-4-122-19-25-46.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 20
shi
Sandown Raceway v1.01

View attachment 1150167
Sandown International Raceway is a motor racing circuit in the suburb of Springvale in Melbourne, Victoria, approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) south east of the city centre.
Sandown is considered a power circuit with its "drag strip" front and back straights being 899 and 910 metres long respectively.(Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP required
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2012/2022 layout

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Learie11 and Thank you for gave me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, cam by @KevinK2
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
terrain texture by Terra21 version Sandown Raceway
preview by @macko68
Additional ext_config by @slider666
Penrite bridge texture by @Breathe
ext_config and cam by @CrisT86
marshall, cameraman, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Fanapryde , @macko68 , @Masscot , @CrisT86

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Camereon Coster.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed a crash caused by camera_facing.ini.
Fixed groove/skidmark height.
Added ext_config and cam by CrisT86.

Sandown Raceway v1.01
changelog;
Fixed a crash caused by camera_facing.ini.
Fixed groove/skidmark height.
Added ext_config and cam by @CrisT86 .

The download link is in the quote.

Last edited:
And he is very right, i know where all the models you use come from and it is ok (not the finest kind, but ok) for me, most 3d models/cars aren't from scratch
and hardly anyone is interested either, just someone started being stupid with the money patreon train and boom the capitalist woke up, doing something with the aim of asking for something is really a mean thing in modding, I'm just saying GADUBoyz, perfect mods and don't take money for them.

On the other hand, Jaskier just makes rubbish and wants something in return, you can see the differences couldn't be bigger.
to each his own...

everyone has a different opinion and no one knows the ultimate truth.

Thank you both Legion and TMW
You can be right if money doesn't push people to improve themselves in a way that I think just passion can do.
Unluckily for us we don't know where our money are worth to be spent on mods due to the enormous amount of modders that came out. But for sure we know the very few who did everything really good like RSS and URD..

Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak Data Replacement have been updated to 0.8. TC, ABS and autoblip has been disabled.

Zenvo TS1 GT

credits: Kenneth,Lukas and Dragster666
Zenvo_TS1_cropped.jpg

View attachment 855576
known issue: the wing is inaccurately shaded its white for some reason we will fix this in the future.
Also a note if you're driving with auto shift the first 3 gears can be aggressive this is just a small reminder if you want to go 100% throttle with this car.

Hey dragster could you reupload it? Link's dead

Last edited:
Is there a list of all zwiss mods somewhere? I'm looking for his Adelaide conversion.
You'd better save Breathe's amazing track list and search any track there. As a seperate and specific zwiss list - I don't know about that.

(I hope it's okay to post a link of Breathe's list)

I still have some thoughts from yesterday that have stuck with me, so I want to shift attention away from the "stolen pay mods" controversy, and more towards a general issue I have with historical authenticity and how AC modders need to step up (even if it's just the little things sometimes). I think what really came across as a shock when I switched my modded-sim-racing focus from GTL/GTR2 to Assetto Corsa is that while the latter game is significantly more popular, the actual attention to detail in a lot of mods -- especially earlier historic models predating, let's say, the 2000s -- can be seriously lacking compared to the deeper level of enthusiasm and accuracy that still somehow came from a smaller community. A telling case of what I'm thinking about can be displayed in just one car: the Nissan Skyline KPGC-10 GT-R. This is probably the best example I can think of when it comes to a well-known classic car that has a lot of fans and a lot of useful online resources devoted to it, to the point where an appearance of not only its road-going model but its cult-hero race-spec version is pretty much a given in modding circles.

So what's my gripe? Well, at the risk of making myself look like a fun-hating dork whining about "my immersioooooon," Here's a visual aid. From top to bottom: the real-world KPGC-10 (or at least a highly accurate replica) as it was raced in 1970s Japan, a mod created many, many years ago by Team21 for GT Legends, and the KPGC-10 that comes with the AC Legends GTL Classics pack.

1652891373363.png

OK then. Well.

That bottom version is the most accessible and possibly the only version of the racing Skyline I can find without going on a wild goose chase of dead-link-strewn, unfinished, and private YouTube-posted mod footage. As you can see, it doesn't really bear more than a superficial "I guess that's the same source car" resemblance to the historic racing Skyline, or really to any period-correct Skyline that actually raced anywhere outside the fanciful imaginations of Need For Speed: Shift 2-era Slightly Mad Studios. Yes, the model was available, yes, it looks good, and yes, I trust that every bit of attention was paid to making it handle like a car of its specifications should. The PDF I got this screenshot from shows every indication that the team behind this mod knows the racing history of this car, and knows it well. And yet they used a model with a completely fictional widebody kit, and then took the step of giving it (and I quote) "a turbo engine delivering 417Nm @ 4000 rpm @ 1 bar of boost pressure. Maximum power is 452hp at 8000rpm" for league-friendly power-balancing purposes. When you get to that point, this 1971 "Hakosuka" might as well be a 1981 Zakspeed Capri for all it matters.

Not to pick on Bazza in particular, as his mods are actually a good example of someone knowing there's something missing in the game and working to fill that gap. In fact, it's the general sense of overall quality control and testing that goes into these mods that leads me to wonder why the AC Legends version can't go that extra step and give us a better representation of the genuine article. If I want to drive an accurate simulation of an actual historic-spec racing classic GT-R -- the kind of cars that obliterated the competition on the old banked Fuji Speedway of the early '70s -- I still, somehow, won't get it in AC despite the fact that the Team21 GT Legends mod was already meeting this standard in 2009. What is the reason for this, honestly?

Simhub Discord: https://discord.com/invite/B9gS2GW
Gomez Sim Industries (GSI) Discord (GSI Simhub): https://discord.gg/zQ6TatmT
Free RSS dashes: https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/lvxrhp/

I don't know if there are any good ones, I remember having driven and deleted quite a few of them due to poor 3d models and/or textures. Claudio has a Stock car Brazil 2019 championship including a link for the 1st RaceCar 2019 on his website: https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

View attachment 1150518
Thanks!

Hey guys, I've seen a few videos and even a Le Mans event featuring the URD Oreca 07. I've been dying to get my hands on this mod since they first teased it but can't find it for sale on their site. Am I crazy?

I was looking for the best Barcelona f1 track, I don't know on the kunos one I have difficulties in doing great lap times it looks weird, even because I don't have great issues with the other tracks. With f1 cars I have a lot of trouble with the car spinning very easily

Hey guys, I've seen a few videos and even a Le Mans event featuring the URD Oreca 07. I've been dying to get my hands on this mod since they first teased it but can't find it for sale on their site. Am I crazy?
not yet available on the shop, it's a WIP version, coming soon for public

I still have some thoughts from yesterday that have stuck with me, so I want to shift attention away from the "stolen pay mods" controversy, and more towards a general issue I have with historical authenticity and how AC modders need to step up (even if it's just the little things sometimes). I think what really came across as a shock when I switched my modded-sim-racing focus from GTL/GTR2 to Assetto Corsa is that while the latter game is significantly more popular, the actual attention to detail in a lot of mods -- especially earlier historic models predating, let's say, the 2000s -- can be seriously lacking compared to the deeper level of enthusiasm and accuracy that still somehow came from a smaller community. A telling case of what I'm thinking about can be displayed in just one car: the Nissan Skyline KPGC-10 GT-R. This is probably the best example I can think of when it comes to a well-known classic car that has a lot of fans and a lot of useful online resources devoted to it, to the point where an appearance of not only its road-going model but its cult-hero race-spec version is pretty much a given in modding circles.

So what's my gripe? Well, at the risk of making myself look like a fun-hating dork whining about "my immersioooooon," Here's a visual aid. From top to bottom: the real-world KPGC-10 (or at least a highly accurate replica) as it was raced in 1970s Japan, a mod created many, many years ago by Team21 for GT Legends, and the KPGC-10 that comes with the AC Legends GTL Classics pack.

View attachment 1151348
OK then. Well.

That bottom version is the most accessible and possibly the only version of the racing Skyline I can find without going on a wild goose chase of dead-link-strewn, unfinished, and private YouTube-posted mod footage. As you can see, it doesn't really bear more than a superficial "I guess that's the same source car" resemblance to the historic racing Skyline, or really to any period-correct Skyline that actually raced anywhere outside the fanciful imaginations of Need For Speed: Shift 2-era Slightly Mad Studios. Yes, the model was available, yes, it looks good, and yes, I trust that every bit of attention was paid to making it handle like a car of its specifications should. The PDF I got this screenshot from shows every indication that the team behind this mod knows the racing history of this car, and knows it well. And yet they used a model with a completely fictional widebody kit, and then took the step of giving it (and I quote) "a turbo engine delivering 417Nm @ 4000 rpm @ 1 bar of boost pressure. Maximum power is 452hp at 8000rpm" for league-friendly power-balancing purposes. When you get to that point, this 1971 "Hakosuka" might as well be a 1981 Zakspeed Capri for all it matters.

Not to pick on Bazza in particular, as his mods are actually a good example of someone knowing there's something missing in the game and working to fill that gap. In fact, it's the general sense of overall quality control and testing that goes into these mods that leads me to wonder why the AC Legends version can't go that extra step and give us a better representation of the genuine article. If I want to drive an accurate simulation of an actual historic-spec racing classic GT-R -- the kind of cars that obliterated the competition on the old banked Fuji Speedway of the early '70s -- I still, somehow, won't get it in AC despite the fact that the Team21 GT Legends mod was already meeting this standard in 2009. What is the reason for this, honestly?
I don't know if there are more and more Patreon paywall lazy-converting douches on the market, but it looks like we can witness an increase in Karen-angry customers too.

My idea of it is : if you want something, just do it, or enjoy what you can have. I think that race cars that have only 1 or 2 skins to race with are a shame, because has a race car, it is made to race, not doing track days alone. So I make the skins, because I know how to (kinda... still learning), and I don't really care if they are historically accurate, I want them to be immersive and "period" accurate. If I want to change the physics of the car, or converting/creating some, or track, or something, I'll look into it, learning the how to the hard way and try doing my best for everyone. If I don't, I don't complain. especially for something FREE.

You want a historically accurate KPGC-10 from 1970 ? Well, search for it, and if you don't find it but still want it, search how to make it yourself. There are a few "stock" hakosuka around, that might be a good start. Ask the maker/converter if you can use it as a base to work on, I don't know. Even ask here for help to make it, there are plenty of talented dudes around that know a thing or two about 3D modeling.

But seriously, stop complaining for something free just because it is not at your taste. this recent trend around was funny at first, it is becoming just annoying.

You want a historically accurate KPGC-10 from 1970 ? Well, search for it, and if you don't find it but still want it, search how to make it yourself. There are a few "stock" hakosuka around, that might be a good start. Ask the maker/converter if you can use it as a base to work on, I don't know. Even ask here for help to make it, there are plenty of talented dudes around that know a thing or two about 3D modeling.

But seriously, stop complaining for something free just because it is not at your taste. this recent trend around was funny at first, it is becoming just annoying.
"If you don't like it, make one yourself" is easier said than done, and "be thankful for what you've got" makes for a better song than a way to improve things. Believe me, if this was the kind of hobby I could commit an extra 30 hours a week to just so I can learn how to make a computer car seem more like the historically detailed mods I remember people used to regularly make for older, less popular games, that's what I'd be doing instead of just venting here. (Seriously, I looked at A&M / brotto marco's modding manual upthread and came to the conclusion it would be easier for me to build an actual Caterham in my garage.) I'm glad there are some people out there who actually are putting in the time and the work to get things right, but those aren't the people I'm complaining about.

The problem is that there are modders who have already done the studying themselves, who do know how to make detailed mods, who put dozens if not hundreds of hours into a project for the most-played and most-widespread moddable racing sim since rFactor if not of all time -- and the end result is a frankencar that is somehow less true-to-life than its equivalent from a "simcade" like Forza or GT. Talented and hardworking they might be, but they're still overlooking or glossing over things that a previous generation of modders, who also put out their work for free, actually paid close attention to in order to make our goofy little "lookit me, I'm Mark Donohue / Ayrton Senna / Colin McRae" dreams come at least virtually true. I don't need to be a Michelin chef to be disappointed when I'm served a meal that tastes weird or gives me bathroom agony, and I don't need to be Pessio to look at a rip from another game, complete with Zipanol livery, and wonder if it's even partway committed to replicating the driving experience. Literally every message board I've read asking for car mod recommendations comes with at least a couple comments saying "just stick to RaceDepartment, everything else is trash," and it doesn't have to be this way.

View attachment 1151348
OK then. Well.

I can't put words in Bazza's mouth (or DrDoomsLab's), but I believe it's been created in a fictional "what if" GT spec to match the other cars in that mod. And there's plenty of room for that sort of interpretation IMO.

So it's not trying to be the authentic 1970 Skyline for a start. There is a decent model out there (in AC) of an authentic Skyline but, as you lamented previously, it's not had a good set of physics developed for it (PM me if you want to see the model). I'm not sure of it's origin.

One of the beauties of AC to me is that I can ask a lot of "what if" questions. What if Mont Tremblant was on the WSC calendar in the 60s? What if the Ford MkIV had raced at Monza v the P4s? What if Bizzarini did the World GT Championship Vs Cobras and 250GTOs? What if Jag had built the XJ13 for Le Mans '66? In this case, what if Nissan did Group 4 ETCC in the early 70s?

Real life sportscar racing often had patchy grids in the 60s, works teams only did a few rounds so some races were fairly unspectacular. AC, thanks in part to amazing modders, allows us to participate with several cars from the real grids but also to expand them, to hypothesise.

Another point too is that mods require more detail than they did for GTL. Look at conversions of tracks in this thread and how much effort goes into making any update look passable in AC. Cars too, both graphically and physics-wise, require so much more modelling depth and knowledge about the data. To me it's a miracle we have as much high quality content as we do!

To reiterate, I only play with vintage/classic content, there's nothing on my HD from >1976, so I love any release with great physics I can drive. But there have been so many cars and tracks that I never knew about before that I only know because someone had the drive and passion to put it in game. Sure, some are oddballs that aren't for me, but I just enjoy the ones I do like instead.

Sorry for yet another ramble whilst I wait for my son to sleep!

Yeah, sorry for getting all negative for a bit, I just got a bit frustrated looking for mods and trying to scratch that same itch I got from those last-gen titles and the nearly unfathomable amount of variety that got me into PC sim racing in the first place. I should probably just try looking on the bright side more often -- I could hold my breath for the second coming of Power & Glory, or I could just chill and hope AC's status as a sim with a community that seems to be in it for the long haul means the cars I want will eventually show up in time. It'll probably take me a lot more laps in the RSS GT cars while I wait for me to get bored of them anyways.

The problem is that there are modders who have already done the studying themselves, who do know how to make detailed mods, who put dozens if not hundreds of hours into a project for the most-played and most-widespread moddable racing sim since rFactor if not of all time -- and the end result is a frankencar that is somehow less true-to-life than its equivalent from a "simcade" like Forza or GT.

Just one other point on the AC Legends packs, but they're also primarily meant as a balanced set of cars for a pack - in the excellent manuals Bazza produces with them he often alludes to tweaks being made for BoP reasons.

So with that Nissan example, it makes a lot of sense to me that it's a hypothetically upgraded one to match the Pantera, the Daytona, the Capri and the CSL rather than a more realistically behaving one (that I've no doubt Bazza could make) which would sit in a weird pace bracket between the GT cars and the TCL pack.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back