Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
I guess technically I would be able to do it...

...but I don't have the time, especially since there's quite some data to be displayed (with multiple pages and states):

if you could add the 2 empty meshes and give me the kn5 file and names of the meshes , I could create the ini file ,...
just like in the screenshot of the mini_cooper_clubman_ks_drag i would add gear and speed to be shown,
making the mini_cooper_clubman by Wack a 5 star mod (in my book at least).
I would then share it here with everyone of course , and give you most of the credits! ;)

Hi guys, I downloaded Apexxer's Toyota TS020 from a post found here, dating back a long time ago. I know it is not perfect as a mod and I know that Legion had improved this mod, but there is no download link on the Legion site.
Anyone know if this monster mod is present somewhere else? Or it would also be good for me to understand how to improve the steer ratio of this car, because the steering is really too direct

Thanks all
i have 2 TS020's in my collection,
1) "toyota_gt_one_ts020" from Assettoland (4 star for me) , but on the new Assettoland it's not available anymore...
2) "toyota_ts020" from www.virtuasimulazioni.com (which i gave 5 stars in CM), but this site doesn't seem to exist anymore,

don't know if it's ok to share them here then... ? ( I will PM you a link)

Sydney Motorsport Park - Eastern Creek v1.01
  • quick fix for Amaroo layout crashing
  • links updated in original post
Thank you to all for the great version.

Not sure if it is just me, but the RSS Formula 2 2020 car sounds don't work on this track. Tried deleting audio_sources.ini but no change. Hear the car for a second or so when loading the track, and then silent thereafter. Anyone with any clues on how I might fix this? It will be a nice car for the Gardner layout in particular!

Thank you to all for the great version.

Not sure if it is just me, but the RSS Formula 2 2020 car sounds don't work on this track. Tried deleting audio_sources.ini but no change. Hear the car for a second or so when loading the track, and then silent thereafter. Anyone with any clues on how I might fix this? It will be a nice car for the Gardner layout in particular!
Works fine for me. Maybe try reinstalling the car.

the one from Assettoland i actually like better now (physics wise) ...
I slapped the sound of Virtua's on it (way better imho), and also some extra skins (fictional)...
feel free to grab it here

1653093793630.png
1653093839411.png

1653093889649.png
1653093915722.png

1653093944762.png
1653093977009.png

Last edited:
Works fine for me. Maybe try reinstalling the car.
Hmmm, seems I have lost sound everywhere in the Formula RSS 2 V6 2020. Idle sound is audible for a second or two when session starts and then silent thereafter. Have tried reinstalling, tried replacing the sound (with the 2018 version sound, which seems to be working normally in its own car), all with no success. I am assuming it is something in the data or an extension file somewhere - has anyone encountered (and overcome!) something similar previously?

Very odd - was racing the car fine last night, and now it is completely silent 🤷🏼‍♂️

UPDATE: Found the problem. The AudioLevelPerCar app had somehow been set to 0.0 for that particular car! Fixed now.

Last edited:
New Track by @CrisT86 & @pugsang

Tony Rust racetrack - Namibia (Southern Africa)

3 layouts that local racers using at present Normal, Reverse and Oval circuit

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor

• Initial release for rFactor by Cameron Wagner and Mark Stenger

v1.0 AC
  • Conversion under permission from Cameron Wagner and 3d remodeling to Assetto Corsa by Pugsang
  • New AI, Sidelines, etc by @KevinK2 & @RMi_wood
  • New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments by CrisT86 & @slider666
  • New TV Cams by @CrisT86 & @DaBaeda
  • New VAO by CrisT86
  • Testing and feedback by @Breathe @Fanapryde @twobegreen
  • Thanks for the help, advises & support to @RMi_wood @norms @Masscot
  • Adjustments and corrections by @slider666 & @RMi_wood
  • Special thanks to all SimRaceAfrica discord community and support, especially to Melvin Gous who drove 400 km only to take pictures from the track as it is at present
In case we had forget to credit someone, please let us know, it wasn't intentional, enjoy the track ;)

View attachment 1151822View attachment 1151823View attachment 1151824View attachment 1151825View attachment 1151826View attachment 1151827View attachment 1151828

DOWNLOAD LINK:
What a great little track, has a really good atmosphere especially at dusk.

Is it rocket science to do a track .vao and if not, what's the best method?

Thanks...
Its as complicated as dragging the track's main kn5 onto the exe of a tool that someone created a while back and letting it do it's thing.
It seems like the links are down, so I'll upload it for you in a bit, unless someone beats me to it.
And yes, there are methods to achieve better results, but this one still works fine imo.

Last edited:
Hey, I could have sworn I saw new cams for the Imola 1994 layout 2.0 track sometime recently but after some effort I cannot find it anywhere..

Do they actually exist or was I just imagining it? If they are in here some where would someone be so kind as to point me in their direction please?

Many thanks

if you could add the 2 empty meshes and give me the kn5 file and names of the meshes , I could create the ini file ,...
just like in the screenshot of the mini_cooper_clubman_ks_drag i would add gear and speed to be shown,
making the mini_cooper_clubman by Wack a 5 star mod (in my book at least).
I would then share it here with everyone of course , and give you most of the credits! ;)
Being a road car, this is a 3 star mod at best in my book. I haven't driven it enough to rate the physics but for the visuals...
  • no internal windows
  • no working wipers
  • rain drops inside the cockpit
  • no shifting animation
  • steering animation is... meh
  • no digital instruments or indicator/signal lights
  • sun roof is not transparent
  • the speedo displays a mph scale but uses kph (regardless of the display unit set in CM)
  • missing meshes around the sun roof and the rear doors
After a little bit of tinkering I now have a version that is closer to 3.5 stars:
Screenshot_mini_cooper_clubman_tony_rust_21-4-122-8-38-21.jpgScreenshot_mini_cooper_clubman_tony_rust_21-4-122-8-38-10.jpg

If you only want the speed and gear displayed, I could try to export the empties as a separate kn5 to be injected via ext_config. Let's see if I can spare some time today, maybe during F1 qualification...

@racinjoe013

Here you go;

Step 1. Extract the file.
Step 2. Open the folder and the folder of the track in question on your desktop.
Step 3. Drag the track's main kn5 file onto the CustomTracksBakery8 application.
Step 4. Profit.

Occasionally this won't work on certain tracks, but looking in other track's folders, you can see how people have just added VAO to certain objects, such as fences, so that's always a handy workaround with this tool.

Last edited:
Can someone please remind me what the config shader replacement command is to fix cockpit glass so that it lets sunlight in that actually casts shadows in the interior?
Many thanks, a search failed.

Edit: thanks @norms

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = whatever_the_interior_glass_mesh_name_is
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Last edited:
@racinjoe013

Here you go;

Step 1. Extract the file.
Step 2. Open the folder and the folder of the track in question on your desktop.
Step 3. Drag the track's main kn5 file onto the CustomTracksBakery8 application.
Step 4. Profit.

Occasionally this won't work on certain tracks, but looking in other track's folders, you can see how people have just added VAO to certain objects, such as fences, so that's always a handy workaround with this tool.
Thanks for this. I will give it a try and see what happens. If it comes out bad, guess I could always ask someone who knows a better way to do one for me.

Barcelona Update 2022 is now available at RD 😉

Enjoy and have a nice week-end! 🙂

I can assure you TMM's version of Slovakiaring is going to be much better than the existing one.
I second that. It's already much better in its current unfinished state and will probably be the definitive version available for ANY sim when it's completed.
And @NivekBS, sometimes modders want projects that they have a connection with or that personally inspire them, rather than trying to second guess what some random person on a forum might or might not want.

I second that. It's already much better in its current unfinished state and will probably be the definitive version available for ANY sim when it's completed.
And @NivekBS, sometimes modders want projects that they have a connection with or that personally inspire them, rather than trying to second guess what some random person on a forum might or might not want.
im in there discord and im pretty sure its part of their league races as well as their home track so it makes sense...

Being a road car, this is a 3 star mod at best in my book. I haven't driven it enough to rate the physics but for the visuals...
  • no internal windows
  • no working wipers
  • rain drops inside the cockpit
  • no shifting animation
  • steering animation is... meh
  • no digital instruments or indicator/signal lights
  • sun roof is not transparent
  • the speedo displays a mph scale but uses kph (regardless of the display unit set in CM)
  • missing meshes around the sun roof and the rear doors
After a little bit of tinkering I now have a version that is closer to 3.5 stars:
View attachment 1152130View attachment 1152131

If you only want the speed and gear displayed, I could try to export the empties as a separate kn5 to be injected via ext_config. Let's see if I can spare some time today, maybe during F1 qualification...
This is the vanilla Clubman with the two empties for gear and speed in the kn5 plus a basic digital_instruments.ini which uses the mclaren fonts (from the whistleblower 720s GT3).
@jac0 you can change the instuments live by pressing HOME/POS1 on the keyboard to open the developer console and entering "set observeDigital 1" plus ENTER.

I can't share the version with working wipers, sunroof, etc. because Blender didn't like the mesh names with more than 63 characters and because of some broken/flickering textures. Now I'm glad to move the mod back to my backup drive and to hopefully never touch it again.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back