Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,761 comments
Someone released a mesh for Long Beach here just a few days ago.
I use the NAGP version of Mid Ohio, which doesn't feel smooth. I'm not sure if Zwiss based his version off that or the original. Maybe @Fanapryde could confirm?
I have zw_midohio v2.1 installed and I used to have the NAGP (bumpy) version (used to because I seem to have lost it one way or another :boggled:).
Zwiss' version is based on the original by VLM for rFactor, converted to AC by Terra21, road mesh smoothed by NAGP, vao patch and config by @norms. Zwiss fixed a whole list and also @leBluem did some stuff.

EDIT: downloaded the track again thanks to @Breathe list, I hope it's the original bumpy version... too late now to try, but I already noticed: nagp smoothed/fixed by Assetto-fr.tk, so I fear it's not the case...

Last edited:
I have zw_midohio v2.1 installed and I used to have the NAGP (bumpy) version (used to because I seem to have lost it one way or another :boggled:).
Zwiss' version is based on the original by VLM for rFactor, converted to AC by Terra21, road mesh smoothed by NAGP, vao patch and config by @norms. Zwiss fixed a whole list and also @leBluem did some stuff.

EDIT: downloaded the track again thanks to @Breathe list, I hope it's the original bumpy version... too late now to try, but I already noticed: nagp smoothed/fixed by Assetto-fr.tk, so I fear it's not the case...
Otherwise you can have a go at this one, from THR server:

Hi everyone, I just see today a bit of the Super Trofeo race in NOLA track, it has remarkable bumps, and I tested the Terra21-DaBaeda version, but the surface is so smooth (tested in the Huracan Performante, and Huracan SuperTrofeo Evo from Rollovers), maybe, is there some version with reworked surface? thanx in advance

Another "classico" finished, in my way, in plenty of time, after F1, and racing in the simulators, was almost converted into the "serial production" style. Starting from the original Assetto Corsa Ferrai 312t, removing the parts that would be "swapped" after all the textures had been saved, then "loading" those from the 312b3 model, after finishing, it created the next model from where it had finished, but the problems appear, but the fun of "seeing" in the "replay" this model is very good.

Attachments

• Ferrari312B3.Regazzoni1974.png
    Ferrari312B3.Regazzoni1974.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Ferrari312B3;Lauda1974.png
    Ferrari312B3;Lauda1974.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ScuderiaFerrari1974.png
    ScuderiaFerrari1974.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 18
Another "classico" finished, in my way, in plenty of time, after F1, and racing in the simulators, was almost converted into the "serial production" style. Starting from the original Assetto Corsa Ferrai 312t, removing the parts that would be "swapped" after all the textures had been saved, then "loading" those from the 312b3 model, after finishing, it created the next model from where it had finished, but the problems appear, but the fun of "seeing" in the "replay" this model is very good.

Great mod and a good taste for specific cars I would say :)
Do you have a link to your works?
Thank you!

Velos new Bluebird, feels really nice but 2.5GB for 7 Skins are way to heavy...
I deleted the mod again after two laps. The wipers are borked and the textures are stretched in some places, but most importantly I didn‘t like how it drives. I’m not a huge turbo fan. I started to fix the wipers but then figured it was not worth it.

Last edited:

Do you want the NAGP version again? I can upload it later if so.
If I remember rightly, the original T21 version was too bumpy and LilSki made it more 'tolerable' for the NAGP version. However, it sounds like Zwiss based his on the NAGP version (smoothing the mesh was the only change that LilSki made), so would naturally be an improvement.

Last edited:
Pro tip #427

How to recover 2.5 Gigabytes of space from your AC install. (or 3 Gigabytes depending on your choice)

1. Navigate to assettocorsa\sdk\dev\skin_templates (these are skin templates for default content)
2. 7z or zip all the folders = 500mb archive
3. delete all the folders = 3 GB
4. profit!

If you archive, you save 2.5 gb of files you (likely) will never use.
If you do not archive, you will save 3GB of files you will never use.

note: running integrity check will replace all the files.

Last edited:
I deleted the mod again after two laps. The wipers are borked and the textures are stretched in some places, but most importantly I didn‘t like how it drives. I’m not a huge turbo fan. I started to fix the wipers but then figured it was not worth it.
Fixed wipers for the bluebird: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zx1uddx7nf0que4/atcc_nissan_bluebird_910_grpc.ini/file

Now I need to figure out what should be displayed on the digital display and which font to use...
1653290451067.png

Do you want the NAGP version again? I can upload it later if so.
If I remember rightly, the original T21 version was too bumpy and LilSki made it more 'tolerable' for the NAGP version. However, it sounds like Zwiss based his on the NAGP version (smoothing the mesh was the only change that LilSki made), so would naturally be an improvement.
We ran an indycar (2021 VRC) event there last week, the Zwiss version was the only one that was drivable with them and DD wheels. It's still bumpy enough to be realistic but doesn't break your wrists/ruin your vision for a week

Last edited:
Ok, so I did redo the updates...
  • Transparent sun roof
  • Working wipers
  • Rain drops on the windows including sun roof
  • Speed and gear indicators
  • black window edging (is that the correct term?) visible from the inside
  • Copied shifting animation from one of the Kunos cars (not perfect but better than nothing)
  • Changed the driver from driver_no_HANS to driver_no_helmet in driver3d.ini
  • Included the used fonts (though they might be stock ones from one of the Kunos cars, idk)
For those who want to try it out, here's the link:

PS: the mod is still far from perfect, there are gaps between the ceiling and the sunroof, the lights on the dash are not working, I haven't fixed the mph scale, there are still rain drops inside the car, ...
Thanks for this, it's coming together nicely.
Here's a slightly reworked kn5. I exported and lightened the interior_lod0.png in PhotoShop and adjusted some individual values in CM to allow the vanta blacks to be lightened and to remove the awful smeared-with-vaseline shine on most of the cockpit materials, then converted it to a .dds.
I also fixed the alpha on the switchgear labels to remove their backgrounds.
Like you say, the analogue speedo scaling needs converting from km/h to miles/h to bring it in line with the digital display and to stop the needle heading off the dial at high speeds. Anyone able to do this?

satans_piss.png

(link updated with correct label alpha settings)

Last edited:
I deleted that file by mistake, I'm uploading a fixed version with the pit_lane.ai file in it, thx for letting me know
Hey man! First of all, thank you for a fantastic Silverstone pre '10 track. I was wondering if you have any plans to add more layouts, like for example the versions with Motorcycle chicanes and the "Classic GP Circuit" with the flat out configuration of Abbey. https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/united-kingdom/silverstone.html

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back