Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
ive got the same issues .. but with all the cars.. mabye its a new csp bug.. iam using the latest csp preview..
the thing is that the nvidea overlay show me 60% gpu usage.. while csp shows me 200%
if you have issues w all cars, then indeed your issue is w new CSP and your config in general...
Maybe turn off the featured marked "new" one by one...
I hope you find a setting in CSP/assetto graphics settings, which will allow you to get back your stable desired fps (esp if you run in VR).
The issue i posted really has to do with this particular car, as with other cars I do not get those spikes and drop of fps.

Ferrari 330 P4 Berlinetta (V1.0) by F40 LM Lover.

3. Thank you. I'm waiting for you guys feedback!
Especially, FPS is good or bad.
The car is beautiful - thank you very much indeed. That polycount is killing my frames though. The Kunos P4 can lap at 90fps in VR but yours maxes out at ~75fps. So yeah, some optimisation (and LODs for spec races) would definitely be a good idea. Looking forward to seeing what can be achieved. Thanks again.

You can't rely on folder dates. They can tell when you installed the track, not when the track file was created. Sergio Loro don't use verion numbers but he did release big update for his Hockenheim last summer.

You should also check your ne_ttassen. At least that was one of those that didn't match and I'm sure that I have latest one on my drive.
Yes I got into Assetto right after last summer, so I suppose it's the latest one.
But I'll double check, same for TT Assen.

1655638556237.png

Skin done and uploaded on RD.

Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_19-5-122-11-22-41.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_19-5-122-11-22-41.png
    Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_19-5-122-11-22-41.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 11
no need to put the whole path in order to be able to drag the file in CM... :) here is a repack , including some plain-color fictive skins i slapped on (no other changes to the mod whatsoever)
you will see this one can be dragged in CM as well , and does not have the "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\" part in it.
lovely interior, BUT for some reason this thing is eating at my GPU , and not allowing me to get to a stable 72 fps (most other mods no problem).

View attachment 1162453

My GPU usage is through the roof (w other car mods its usually below 100%, and the red line in the Render stats giving these spikes where it's normally a flat line... fps is below 60 (where i usually get a solid 72)
Hope you can find the rootcause and fix, cause it looks stunning!
I still manually install and never use CM as i've had so many problems in the past doing it that way. Maybe i'm just old school but for me doing it manually is always safer lol

Last edited:
This is fantastic, thanks. I may be being dumb but I can't work out how to get the categories across the screen like you have them. If I enlarge the car selection screen I just get a huge car and the categories remain in a narrow vertical strip like this. Where do I find a setting to change this?

Please don't assess my driving skill from those lap times LOL!

View attachment 1161801
Drag to the left the little gray rectangle on the left of "BRANDS COUNTRIES CATEGORIES..." menu

no need to put the whole path in order to be able to drag the file in CM... :) here is a repack , including some plain-color fictive skins i slapped on (no other changes to the mod whatsoever)
you will see this one can be dragged in CM as well , and does not have the "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\" part in it.
lovely interior, BUT for some reason this thing is eating at my GPU , and not allowing me to get to a stable 72 fps (most other mods no problem).

View attachment 1162453

My GPU usage is through the roof (w other car mods its usually below 100%, and the red line in the Render stats giving these spikes where it's normally a flat line... fps is below 60 (where i usually get a solid 72)
Hope you can find the rootcause and fix, cause it looks stunning!
The car is beautiful - thank you very much indeed. That polycount is killing my frames though. The Kunos P4 can lap at 90fps in VR but yours maxes out at ~75fps. So yeah, some optimisation (and LODs for spec races) would definitely be a good idea. Looking forward to seeing what can be achieved. Thanks again.
Lod_B which is Reduced polygon by 50% is repacking. Try it and give me the feedback~

The download link has been changed in my video, if you guys can get hot fix and some updated version.
Discord, description of video, above link are all same.

When I generate an AO map for a car using CM, I notice that it doesn't show the decals in that map, the way I see on many others. Why is that? Is there an option I'm missing. Or is it insignificant anyway...

Also, wasn't I previously able to extract image maps using CM? Can't find that function anywhere anymore.
Decals need to be their own separate object for them to appear in AO (like if you have a GT Sport rip likely)

But there's no need to have decals baked into ao really. It just makes the skinning process more difficult
why would a car mod that used to work now no longer be able to take off , as if they are glued to the road (tires spinning at launch but the car only goes backwards if any movement at all) ?
Have experienced this with Berta Tornado SP v1.2 by Daniel Jimenez , APVS
(i gave it 4 stars some years ago, so I know it worked fine back then...)
Given daniel jimenez mod me thinks either one of the wear/thermal curves are named wrong, or there's a [THERMAL_FRONT_1] that is supposed to be named [THERMAL_FRONT]

edit: taking a look at it it seems both the wear/temp curves aren't even there at all (based on the link posted).

Try copying the 'F1_67_front.lut' and rear as well as 'tcurve_f167.lut' from lotus type 49 into the data folder of berta (and delete the data.acd) and see if it works

Last edited:
Lod_B which is Reduced polygon by 50% is repacking. Try it and give me the feedback~

The download link has been changed in my video, if you guys can get hot fix and some updated version.

Thanks for the swift action, but this just adds a LOD B without optimising the main LOD A kn5 at all... so performance in hot lap mode will be exactly the same. Adding a LOD B will have a small effect in spec races, but not much without LODs C & D. And even then, the 4.4m tri LOD A will still cripple performance, especially in a pack when you're surrounded by other LOD A cars.
LOD A really needs vastly reducing in size if performance gains are to be made, but that'll be a long a tedious process I imagine.
I think this might be a common issue when the base model has an extremely high poly count, but I don't think I've seen a kn5 quite this detailed before.

Last edited:

indeed as Masscot pointed out, fps/gpu issue is not much improved

furthermore I now noticed another big issue (which was not there in 1.0 i presume else i would have noticed) : the mirrors are showing image at a 45 degree angle ...

Montreal from terra21 - reworked slightly
1655649920197.png

1655649943557.png

Just extract file into content folder, make a backup before, in case you don´t like it.
Hope you enjoy it till @Pyyer releases his new extension.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot to mention. As I just hacked some loose ends together, I used some code previously posted, for example from @El Locho. Also added the new DRS zones from @ShadowWSK174 over on RD. I hope it´s Ok. :)
And I improved some code, added new code, a new vao-patch, new map, geo tags ...
Is only meant to bridge the time until the new extension comes out. ;)

Attachments

• Montreal_reworked_a_bit.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks for the swift action, but this just adds a LOD B without optimising the main LOD A kn5 at all... so performance in hot lap mode will be exactly the same. Adding a LOD B will have a small effect in spec races, but not much without LODs C & D. And even then, the 4.4m tri LOD A will still cripple performance, especially in a pack when you're surrounded by other LOD A cars.
LOD A really needs vastly reducing in size if performance gains are to be made, but that'll be a long a tedious process I imagine.
I think this might be a common issue when the base model has an extremely high poly count, but I don't think I've seen a kn5 quite this detailed before.
Thanks for the feedback.
I also have concerned FPS since starting to mod this car.
I will keep trying to optimize.

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT1 (R35) Pack

Last mod for a long time.. I'm really sorry.. :guilty:

It's just a Rework of my old mod with :

New skins
AO
2009 to 2011 spec (spoiler and splitters)
Endurance added (Special lights worked)

Thanks for your support !

View attachment 1161320
Thank you for sharing these with us, I saw the LODs were not quite working. I fixed it and uploaded them here:
R35 GT1 LODs
Btw.

Here are a few more Peugeot.
Sorry, if some are repeated, I don't remember which ones I shared before.

View attachment 1161527
View attachment 1161528

View attachment 1161530
View attachment 1161535

Peugeots
Thank you for sharing these Mods, also had to generate some LODs for them and they can be downloaded here aswell.
Peugeot 908 HDI LMP1
Peugeot 208 R5 TE
Peugeot 205 T16 Concept
Peugeot 205 T16
Peugeot 307CC WRC
Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing these with us, I saw the LODs were not quite working. I fixed it and uploaded them here:
R35 GT1 LODs
Weird, when I try to download the GT1 LODs a blank page appears saying "no file"...

Plus, is it normal that I race a weekend that features accelerated time (from afternoon to night) and then in the race replay there's no afternoon and no transition, it starts directly from the night?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back