Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
Hey,

I am pitman, founder and one of the admins of THR - THRacing.

Discord_Icon_200.png

THR is a community of passionate fuelheads, gentleman drivers, SimRacing enthusiasts who love to race raw, vintage cars. We mostly race in Assetto Corsa. The heart of THR is the GPL Mod for AC (1967 F1 cars), that we regularly race in different championships. Besides that we race all types of F1, touring and GT cars from the most iconic eras of racing history.

In the past years we held over 150 events and many different championships.
This year we raced Bazza´s F1 1975 Mod.
While planning the championship, I stumbled over rmi-wood´s Silverstone 1975. I liked the flow of the track, but it feels like it needed some more 'life'.

Therefore I made a THR layout with the following improvements:
  • pitboxes added
  • starting positions aligned to track
  • realistic road mesh
  • sticky fences fixed
  • shortcuts closed
  • 3d people added in the pits
  • spectators added to the stands
You need to install rmi_wood´s base track and can simply drag the THR layout file into Content Manager.

Silverstone75_small.jpg

THR´s championship race took place on the first of May and our drivers liked the improved track a lot.

I would like to thank rmi_wood for his track and his great work that I could use as a base!
And I also want to thank him for the permission to upload my THR layout to RD!

To all who download and install the track and my track layout >>>
I wish a lot of fun and awesome races!

Your
THR pitman

P.S.: I have also made improvements to other vintage tracks. When I get permission from the modders I will publish them too.

P.P.S.: A small donation would be very cool, to keep vintage racing at THR running.

Credits:
@RMi_wood for the base track and the permission
@Sergio Loro for the people and spectators

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/improved-layout-to-rmi_wood´s-silverstone-1975.52348/

Thanks for this - any improvements to old tracks are always welcome.
One trick missed though: all those limp and lifeless flags would look much better replaced with proper CSP flag shader versions that ripple in the wind. Could these be lifted from another track? I always think it makes a big difference when some movement and dynamism is added to trackside objects.

No VR here, I can´t see any holographic reflections, sorry.
You can get rid of these reflections, imo by commenting out the code, as I have already done here.
Look at this from line 200:
INI:
;[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
;ACTIVE=1
;DESCRIPTION= glass corrected shader settings
;MATERIALS= $Glass__track
;SHADER= ksPerPixelSimpleRefl
;BLEND_MODE= ALPHA_BLEND
;CAST_SHADOWS = 1
;CULL_MODE= OFF
;IS_TRANSPARENT = 0
;;DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
;SEMITRANSPARENT_SHADOWS = 1
;PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.225
;PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.175
;PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.50
;PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 150
;PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0
;PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.25
;PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 500
;PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.6
;PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, 0.5
;
;[LOCAL_CUBEMAP_...]
;ACTIVE=1
;MESHES = material:$Glass__track, pitbldg_01_SUB5, pitbldg_01_SUB10,
;POSITION = 100, 1, 10
;OFFSET = 0, 0, 0
;EXCLUDE = material:$Glass__track, pitbldg_01_SUB5, pitbldg_01_SUB10,
;CLIP_PLANE_NEAR = 2
;HIGH_RESOLUTION = 0
;LOW_RESOLUTION = 0
;IS_DYNAMIC = 0
;DYNAMIC_FAST = 0
;STATIC_FACES = TOP, LEFT, REAR, BOTTOM
;INCLUDE_SKY = 1
;INCLUDE_CARS = 0
;DYNAMIC_LIGHTING = 0
;DEBUG = 0
;DEBUG_CLEAR = 0
Ah, thanks. I already did try commenting out the [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] header, which I thought disabled everything in the 'section' under it. Do you need to comment out all the other lines too?
I didn't do the same with [LOCAL_CUBEMAP_...] so maybe that's why I was still getting weird reflections.
I'll test - cheers. 👍

Last edited:
Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_mugello_11-6-122-21-39-22.jpg

Hey guys. Looking for some testers for my upcoming PureLIFE GTS Filter.

It's optimized on Pure 0.110+ and CSP 1.79p25+ so I need somebody who has access to these files (I won't share it) and another who's on Pure 0.75 and latest public or Patreon CSP.

I've tested it on my own in both configs and think it's ready to release. If you like, please send me a PM with your current config.

Thanks

Last edited:
Following on from this, if you think they are expensive then look at this.

View attachment 1171794

£25.
Really tempted as I just like the look of it.
But having a go at bodging my own one...

View attachment 1171793
Damn.. I wish I can mod. I hope you'll share this Peugeot someday

I have all of those, got them the other day.

All worth the money IMO, but be aware data is encrypted so any personal tweaks are not possible which did annoy me a tad.
Also lacking skins, although you can bend automobilista skins onto the Gol

View attachment 1171792

They all look really nice even on track. Beetle is great fun.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah too bad data is encrypted, I think I'll have the beetle and enjoy the rest in AMS2

hello dear friends

I did a study on my own for the unlit lights of the Lotus 2-Eleven Naturally Aspired tool made by 101Creative with the file name lot_2eleven_09. you can try.

Attachments

• lights.ini
    1 KB · Views: 11
I talked to rainmaker and planned to release my version after my vacation.
But I was not aware that DaBaeda made another version.

Cause he was faster with his publication rainmaker decided to put his original version and my and DaBaeda´s version together.
Good point you are working together instead of releasing 3 separate tracks with there own weak and strong points. I do hope this will bring inspiration to other modders, to cooperate.
Maybe @Masscot could bring in the removed balloons.

Last edited:
Reworked Adelaide 1988 from Terra21
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Thx, for sharing your work. 👍
The Track from

Oh noes how can i add lights in the dark?
I also made a new configuration with lights. Still WIP but imo it doesn't look too bad, currently. ;)

1657642977200.png

1657643003504.png

1657643031252.png

1657643061319.png

Changed a few other things, but not much. Be aware, lights cost some fps and since it is still WIP, is not optimized yet.
Hope you enjoy... :)

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    12.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Excuse me if this has been done already. I'm trying to catch up on some of the newer track releases that I haven't tried yet because I was busy with my own track projects. First on the list was Battenbergring and I noticed right away no seasonal changes because I pretty much always drive in the fall. So I threw one together real fast and thought i'd share. Didn't go over it real well so I might of missed some winter stuff. It's nothing more than fat-alfie's original config with my seasonal stuff added at the bottom. If you don't like the look, simply delete everything from ;;;;; Seasonal Stuff ;;;;; down and you'll be back to the stock config. Or just make a backup of the original first.

Going to work on slightly different grassfx later on so this will be updated in the near future.

Back to the track because she's another FA winner...

Last edited:
So here it is, Peugeot 504 using base as the xfab original standard version (same model used by the RPM £25 mod).

As I've always said, all I do is fiddle, so this isn't perfect, skins won't be great, it is what it is feel free to use abuse or bin, and please change physics etc and make it better.

Has roll cage, lowered, new wheels, race seat, steering wheel is the same but will change at some point.
Few basic skins of no relevance to real racing as this car was little raced.

Not fast but quite cool and not £25!!

I think it has wipers, not used it in VR yet so no clue how it looks in there, driver anim's most likely poor.

Hope it can be of some use.

Remember, choice is yours, this one will be better by far than mine... for £25

__custom_showroom_1657664170.jpg
__custom_showroom_1657664321.jpg
Screenshot_peugeot_504_tn_race_lilski_road_america_12-6-122-22-38-9.jpg
Screenshot_peugeot_504_tn_race_lilski_road_america_12-6-122-22-38-46.jpg
__custom_showroom_1657664254.jpg

Link

Last edited:
So here it is, Peugeot 504 using base as the xfab original standard version (same model used by the RPM £25 mod).

As I've always said, all I do is fiddle, so this isn't perfect, skins won't be great, it is what it is feel free to use abuse or bin, and please change physics etc and make it better.

Has roll cage, lowered, new wheels, race seat, steering wheel is the same but will change at some point.

I think it has wipers, not used it in VR yet so no clue how it looks in there, driver anim's most likely poor.

View attachment 1171995View attachment 1171996View attachment 1171997View attachment 1171998View attachment 1172000

Link

Thanks for this, I recently came across RPM but refused out of principle to pay the price they are charging and that was before I could determine they were not using scratch made models or any custom sounds

Looking forward to trying this out tomorrow when I get a chance, thank you for making this direct from the original source as an alternative.👍

Last edited:

View attachment 1171995View attachment 1171996View attachment 1171997View attachment 1171998View attachment 1172000

Link

Thank you! I love your unusual choice of car

Excuse me if this has been done already. I'm trying to catch up on some of the newer track releases that I haven't tried yet because I was busy with my own track projects. First on the list was Battenbergring and I noticed right away no seasonal changes because I pretty much always drive in the fall. So I threw one together real fast and thought i'd share. Didn't go over it real well so I might of missed some winter stuff. It's nothing more than fat-alfie's original config with my seasonal stuff added at the bottom.

Back to the track because she's another FA winner...
Settled on this. Can't figure out why I can't get snow on the hay bales so they won't be snow covered in the winter. New grassfx similar to what I did with my Fonteny mod. Grass is higher when not around a town, farm, etc. Original config included. Just need to rename it to revert back.

Let me know if I missed anything significant. You might want to have a look at the readme file. ;)

battenbergring_seasons.jpg

Attachments

• battenbergring_ext_config.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 54
I just did a leisurely lap in fall and one in winter and one just stopping and cycling through the seasons in different places. Enjoyed it immensely!

Some observations:
After the Laisa turn, on the left, there are the same red flowers as in Fonteny, which don't take on winter colors. They remain red. I don't know if you found a fix for that yet. It's not a big deal, just thought I'd remind you.

On the right, just a little further down the road, there are rows of pink trees. Maybe cherry blossoms made for spring season? They stay pink the whole year. Maybe they can be adjusted. I have no clue how these shaders work. I don't know if it's possible to turn them pink in spring and then the usual seasonal colors the rest of the year but could be something to look into.

In terms of trees, I noticed that only those close to the road change color. Those that populate the surrounding hills and ridges do not, even though there's a very often used type among them that looks deciduous. I don't know if it would be overkill to turn all of those yellow/brown in fall or if, perhaps, it would look bad to turn them all the same color (while they look ok with them all green). As is, it also looks slightly odd though that fall doesn't extend to the farther out world. Not sure what's possible there.

If I'm nitpicky above, it's because you come across like a bit of a perfectionist so I'm assuming this may be helpful. Don't mistake it for serious criticism, please. It's already a treat to have seasons! Makes an already AWESOME track a smidgen more awesome.

Hamilton Street Circuit v1.1

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_hamilton_street_circuit_9-4-122-11-26-51.jpg

Hamilton Street Circuit was a temporary street circuit in Hamilton, New Zealand.
From 2008 to 2012 it hosted the Hamilton 400 as part of the V8 Supercars championship.(Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP Recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by FVRfactor and Thank you for gave me permission (FlashQld).

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
Sections file by @Fanapryde
some textures by @Breathe
pit_lane.ai by TITI
cam by @DaBaeda
house, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @KevinK2 , @RMi_wood

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Camereon Coster and Samuel Spencer.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added groove/skidmarks.
Added 3d terrain.
Billboard textures were upscaled with AI.
Fixed billboard mapping.
Replaced cameraman.
New marker board textures.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Changed pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
Changed spectator textures to those of Kniker97. (Thanks)
Other minor fixes.

Last edited:
Polo G40 seems to of been abandoned, had no seat and the steering wheel turned opposite to how you turned.
So new seat but needs structure at the bottom, new steering wheel working correctly now.

Something wrong with the windows if anyone can fix.

Changed how it felt to drive as didn't like it before.
Will overwrite other one so back up.

Its not great model but fun in a race with loads as not resource hungry at all, fill that grid with all the skins!

__custom_showroom_1657708370.jpg
Screenshot_polog40_ks_nurburgring_13-6-122-11-38-40.jpg

link

I just did a leisurely lap in fall and one in winter and one just stopping and cycling through the seasons in different places. Enjoyed it immensely!

Some observations:
After the Laisa turn, on the left, there are the same red flowers as in Fonteny, which don't take on winter colors. They remain red. I don't know if you found a fix for that yet. It's not a big deal, just thought I'd remind you.

On the right, just a little further down the road, there are rows of pink trees. Maybe cherry blossoms made for spring season? They stay pink the whole year. Maybe they can be adjusted. I have no clue how these shaders work. I don't know if it's possible to turn them pink in spring and then the usual seasonal colors the rest of the year but could be something to look into.

In terms of trees, I noticed that only those close to the road change color. Those that populate the surrounding hills and ridges do not, even though there's a very often used type among them that looks deciduous. I don't know if it would be overkill to turn all of those yellow/brown in fall or if, perhaps, it would look bad to turn them all the same color (while they look ok with them all green). As is, it also looks slightly odd though that fall doesn't extend to the farther out world. Not sure what's possible there.

If I'm nitpicky above, it's because you come across like a bit of a perfectionist so I'm assuming this may be helpful. Don't mistake it for serious criticism, please. It's already a treat to have seasons! Makes an already AWESOME track a smidgen more awesome.
Can't do anything with the flowers unless I change the texture file. For whatever reason, CSP won't turn red to white. Same goes for the pink trees. Only way I could make it work is to change the red flowers to orange. That's how I did it on Fonteny.

Don't know how I missed the distant trees. I'm going to have to double check that because i'm almost certain I included them. I even remember clicking on them with the object inspector and copying the material names. Who knows, maybe I forgot to paste the names into the file. I'll fix that sometime today and get an update out.

Thanks for the info...

EDIT: Had a quick look. Looking at the texture used on those distant trees, they all looked like Pines to me, which is probably why I left them green in the fall. I can look into staggering them to break up the monotony a bit since it's hard to tell what type they are from that far away even if they are all pines. What I won't do though is setup a situation where I see orange Pines in the driving areas. I'd rather have it all green in the distance than to see an orange Pine while driving.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back