Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
Reworked Adelaide 1988 from Terra21
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

I really like what's been done here. The only small issue I think, is that the new flag marshals should be on the other side of the walls, not on the track side.

Also feel free to add my F1 broadcast TV cameras and updated sponsors for 1988-1993, and for 1994-1995 with the yellow/red/yellow/blue kerb colours for those years. :cheers:

One more thing about this track and the Imola 88 AMS conversion, Does anyone know how can I enable the team's pit wall boxes to show their team logos(like on Kunos' tracks for example), instead of the generic AC logo?

Last edited:
Right, long shot, anyone want to chip in £1 each to get that rp motorsport 504?
25 of us and we can get it.

I'm happy to paypal someone £1 now to start the ball rolling, maybe get one of the old guard to take the money?

Tell me I'm daft if this is a bad idea.

No rules about splitting the costs is there?

Thx, for sharing your work. 👍

I also made a new configuration with lights. Still WIP but imo it doesn't look too bad, currently. ;)

View attachment 1171894
View attachment 1171895

View attachment 1171896

View attachment 1171898

Changed a few other things, but not much. Be aware, lights cost some fps and since it is still WIP, is not optimized yet.
Hope you enjoy... :)
Update for the lights in Adelaide. Should have less impact on the fps.
Also, some other minor things have been changed... Nothing wild. :D

Hope you like it... :)

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    13.2 KB · Views: 62

I'm happy to paypal someone £1 now to start the ball rolling, maybe get one of the old guard to take the money?

If it was a fiver maybe, but honestly $25 for that is a bit of a rip off imo. If it was Pessio quality then i'd happily give you a bluey towards it lol

Count me in I'll go €5 on it..

Looks like First Studio Racing (FSR) are working on something... Radical SR10 with the "old" roll cage.

fsr_radical.png

custom_showroom_1657071964.png

Another WIP teaser by Theghost, the Peugeot 9X8 (Simdream rework)

293821796_594841228671903_1615871561782945674_n.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: Had a quick look. Looking at the texture used on those distant trees, they all looked like Pines to me, which is probably why I left them green in the fall. I can look into staggering them to break up the monotony a bit since it's hard to tell what type they are from that far away even if they are all pines. What I won't do though is setup a situation where I see orange Pines in the driving areas. I'd rather have it all green in the distance than to see an orange Pine while driving.
The occasional small group of totally brown pines (amid a sea of normal, green ones) would make sense as that could be a nest of the bark beetle, which is a constant problem in German pine forests and I see that all over the place but I agree, it would look unnatural to have conifers take on fall colors as a rule somehow. I appreciate your conviction there.

wPq3hSy.jpg

However, here's a close-up of one of the trees I mean. As far as I can tell, they're pretty much exclusively used for areas a bit away from the road but they make up, I'd say, more than half of the trees in the distance. I marked in pink a ridge that's full of them. I don't know what kind of tree it is, maybe a poplar, but it's certainly not a pine.

Are they not as bad as Simdream if they are charging £25 when the source of the model isn't their own?

Giving in then buying it will just ensure they will continue to do what they are doing and charge a ridiculous price while they are at it.

Does Ilja know they are selling his model? He doesn't get any credit on their website?

Last edited:
i posted the fix a few pages back. will have to do until csp/sinplygon do something their end

edit - ive copied and pasted it here again for ease

SIMPLYGON FIX

The new Simplygon (9.2.7.000.0) doesnt work with Content Manager. Those of us using a Free Licence are forced to upgrade to the latest version hence why downgrading to an older version wont automatically work.

Clear the generated Lods cache in CM

Uninstall Simplygon and delete all folders on your drive and documents.

Restart Computer

Download and install an older version of Simplygon from here:

https://github.com/microsoft/Simplygon-DCC-Integrations/releases

Run "SimplygonLicenseApplication" which can be found in the install directory.

Select "Install Simplygon Title Evaluation Licence"

This is a temporary solution until its fixed. Each email address used will give you 30 days usage of Simplygon. Not ideal but its working again.
Hi, I followed those steps 1 month ago to get simplygon working again. Now my license has expired and there is no way to get it working again. Has anyone tried something?

I have uninstalled everything again, reinstalled and tried the license with another email, but no results.

1.PNG

Last edited:
the ff feels very heavy
Force Feedback is so strong/heavy
FFB controller to the rescue...

1657722885701.png

Got this problem with Golf R 7.5, only stock version, not APR one.

Someone know how to fix it?
Looks like the author added a new texture to the model in ksEditor but forgot to update/re-generate the LODs. Probably best to report the problem to the author. The mod should still work though, it only gives those warnings when loading into the game. You could re-generate the LODs yourself or disable the LODs in data\lods.ini (if not encrypted) if it bothers you.

Edit: are you sure you're on the latest version?

1657723986677.png

Attachments

• 1657723011408.png
    1657723011408.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
FFB controller to the rescue...

View attachment 1172154

Looks like the author added a new texture to the model in ksEditor but forgot to update/re-generate the LODs. Probably best to report the problem to the author. The mod should still work though, it only gives those warnings when loading into the game. You could re-generate the LODs yourself or disable the LODs in data\lods.ini (if not encrypted) if it bothers you.
haha thanks

Putting these here for now. Eventually they will end up on RD.

Update of the Vallelunga mod I posted on RD this afternoon, but this adds lap number and time of day on the display board. Not what should be there, but at least it's something for now.

KS_Vallelunga mod v0.98

First draft of my Mugello mod that does the same thing as the Vallelunga one. Working flag lights and display boards (again, not accurate). A couple of vegetation and ad board skins, but they are not very good right now. There are better ones out there, but you can try them out. Maybe you'll like them better than I do.

Mugello mod v0.98

You need CSP for both of these...
Hey @racinjoe013,

I changed some stuff in grass_fx ini for Mugello to get less of these weird and wrong looking colored grass, to get it patchier. Backup your own config first, just in case...
If you don´t like it, just ignore it. :)

Attachments

• ext_config-grass-seasons.ini
    4.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Polo G40 seems to of been abandoned, had no seat and the steering wheel turned opposite to how you turned.
So new seat but needs structure at the bottom, new steering wheel working correctly now.

Something wrong with the windows if anyone can fix.

Changed how it felt to drive as didn't like it before.
Will overwrite other one so back up.

Its not great model but fun in a race with loads as not resource hungry at all, fill that grid with all the skins!

View attachment 1172099View attachment 1172101

link
Feels great to drive, thank you for your changes and for sharing, I think it's an improvement compared to the orig mod.

Would you know why the tachometer needle goes the wrong way round? Doesn't really matter in a race car but maybe it's easy to fix...

Feels great to drive, thank you for your changes and for sharing, I think it's an improvement compared to the orig mod.

Would you know why the tachometer needle goes the wrong way round? Doesn't really matter in a race car but maybe it's easy to fix...
easy fix, just negate the STEP value in data\analog_instruments.ini, 0.8 was incorrect anyway, should be -1.1.

INI:
[SPEED_INDICATOR]
OBJECT_NAME=ARROW_SPEED
ZERO=0
STEP=-1.1

... you might have to remove/rename data.acd depending how CM is set up - or package the modified data to overwrite data.acd

CSP wipers for the Polo G40:

looks like the dirt texture on the windshield should be mirrored...
1657726745722.png

Last edited:
easy fix, just negate the STEP value in data\analog_instruments.ini, 0.8 was incorrect anyway, should be -1.1.

INI:
[SPEED_INDICATOR]
OBJECT_NAME=ARROW_SPEED
ZERO=0
STEP=-1.1

... you might have to remove/rename data.acd depending how CM is set up - or package the modified data to overwrite data.acd
Yep, that did it - thank you for your quick solution.

Cadillac Northstar LMP 2000 ALMS and Lemans Version

Authors: NielB1971, RMS

Physics: Peugeot905, kcader

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rqv0s8vpr76ey10/Cadillac_Northstar_LMP_2000.7z/file

Updated Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p05kc571r5thj/Lemans_Prototype_Updates

Other Mods Updated: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

More updates to come.

Hours spent fine-tuning the mod and physics.
Thank you for this one. Awesome to see more LMP900s out in the wild! You guys have done a great job making such an old model stand up pretty well in the modern age. Looking forward to really sitting down with it and giving it a proper go soon. Also looking forward to seeing the updates and maybe further LMP900s. :)

Last edited:
Hi, I followed those steps 1 month ago to get simplygon working again. Now my license has expired and there is no way to get it working again. Has anyone tried something?

I have uninstalled everything again, reinstalled and tried the license with another email, but no results.

View attachment 1172155
free licence is fixed again, you need the latest version of both simplygon and content manager

Last edited:
Remember that this is not related to RSS, not an official add-on by them. Don't ask them

MCL36 Steering Wheel for RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 (rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s)
https://sharemods.com/xql1wvbdwxq6/MCL36_Steering_Wheel_RSS_FH22_v2_READ_INSTALL.TXT.rar.html

This include real LED lights from the real steering wheel. As RSS updated the LEDS in the v2, I'll try to update the others steering wheels in the coming days/weeks

View attachment 1172192
any chance of a DRS active light/led ?

I just tried the wheel and did not notice any change on the wheel when DRS was available or active

Hey @racinjoe013,

I changed some stuff in grass_fx ini for Mugello to get less of these weird and wrong looking colored grass, to get it patchier. Backup your own config first, just in case...
If you don´t like it, just ignore it. :)
Thanks for fixing the problems. Won't have a chance to try it until later, but i'm sure it is fine. I'll add it to my mod and include it in an update at some point.

EDIT: Much better than what I came up with. Thanks again for the fix.

Last edited:
I have a problem that surely someone can help. Installed a car mod and the suspension.ini allowed me to change the stance of it. After an edit to the wheels, now it doesn't do anything. I always click "align using data" but now the car suspension doesn't move no matter what value I change. Anyone know why?

So here it is, Peugeot 504 using base as the xfab original standard version (same model used by the RPM £25 mod).

As I've always said, all I do is fiddle, so this isn't perfect, skins won't be great, it is what it is feel free to use abuse or bin, and please change physics etc and make it better.

Has roll cage, lowered, new wheels, race seat, steering wheel is the same but will change at some point.
Few basic skins of no relevance to real racing as this car was little raced.

Not fast but quite cool and not £25!!

I think it has wipers, not used it in VR yet so no clue how it looks in there, driver anim's most likely poor.

Hope it can be of some use.

Remember, choice is yours, this one will be better by far than mine... for £25

View attachment 1171995View attachment 1171996View attachment 1171997View attachment 1171998View attachment 1172000

Link

Quick fix for the mirror attached*, CSP wipers would be nice as well...

*) replaces steamapps\assettocorsa\content\cars\peugeot_504_tn_race\data\mirrors.ini

P.S. the mirror glass needs to be moved up a few millimeters in the model, there's a small gap atm

Attachments

• mirrors.ini
    45 bytes · Views: 29
Last edited:
free licence if fixed again, you need the latest version of both simplygon and content manager
Not working for me. Same error as before when trying to get the free licence.
By Jove! Gave it one final attempt and it worked this time. If at first you etc etc...
Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back