Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,753 comments

WHAT'S YOUR MOST PLAYED SIM OF 2022?​

I would guess 99% here play AC more than anything else, maybe even only just AC,
So please go there and vote which is your most played SIM in 2022.
images
Assetto Corsa - 100 %

So yeah, tomorrow we will get superb quality Honda Accord, Ford Mondeo and Opel Vectra super touring cars.

Nice to see my prediction was right on lines to bring a Vauxhall & Mondeo. Now we are getting decent Super touring mods coming out somebody need to have a look at doing a decent BTC-T pack.
only the Renault Laguna is missing from the 1999 Season now..
I've done Will Hoy Skin for F302 Laguna if anybody would like the skin I'll put on RD tomorrow

__custom_showroom_1672351217.jpg

Nice to see my prediction was right on lines to bring a Vauxhall & Mondeo. Now we are getting decent Super touring mods coming out somebody need to have a look at doing a decent BTC-T pack.

I've done Will Hoy Skin for F302 Laguna if anybody would like the skin I'll put on RD tomorrow

View attachment 1219267
thanks ! will work as a grid filler.. unfortunatly the physics are trash.

That's a huge upgrade for what was already a really nice track! Which is the base version you're using please. Thanks.
Unknown to me, @slider666 had already done what I did and more with his Reworked version so mine was kind of a waste of time. In talking with @CrisT86 , i'm not sure what version I have on my hard drive. It's been on there for months, but I never got around to driving it until last night. It has no creator name attached to it so I downloaded all of the versions @Breathe has on his spreadsheet to try and figure it out and none of them matched what I had. All I know is whatever version it is sits in a longford_67 folder and has animated planes, trains and boats scattered around.

So I guess i'm not sure what version this config works with.

Last edited:
Unknown to me, @slider666 had already done what I did and more with his Reworked version so mine was kind of a waste of time. In talking with @CrisT86 , i'm not sure what version I have on my hard drive. It's been on there for months, but I never got around to driving it until last night. It has no creator name attached to it so I downloaded all of the versions @Breathe has on his spreadsheet to try and figure it out and none of them matched what I had. All I know is whatever version it is sits in a longford_67 folder and has animated planes, trains and boats scattered around.

I was wondering why you picked that Longford version. The longford_reworked that I'm using (with fixes from @slider666) looks better to me (though the new CSP version seems to have messed with some structures (a brighter piece of tarmac that didn't show in earlier CSP version.
This is how it looks (without any extra skin): darker tarmac, lower mountains, working railroad X-ing lights etc...

longf_reworked.png

Last edited:
I was wondering why you picked that Longford version. The longford_reworked that I'm using (with fixes from @slider666) looks better to me (though the new CSP version seems to have messed with some structures (a brighter piece of tarmac that didn't show in earlier CSP version.
This is how it looks (without any extra skin): darker tarmac, lower mountains, working railroad X-ing lights etc...

View attachment 1219274
Yeah, i'm just using slider's version for now until I have more time to mess with whatever version I have. I have to lighten up the textures though. On my system, the ambient feel on sliders is too dark.

If I could make one suggestion and you may have done this already. I would suggest you copy the longford_67.vao-
patch file from the extension\vao-patches folder and paste it into the longford_67_reworked folder. Rename it to longford_67_reworked.vao-patch. That will eliminate the black trees in the turn just after the railway tunnel.

As for the road texture mismatch, it's an easy fix with a little shader tweaking. I've done it already for myself with a combo of shader adjustments and my own road textures from the mod I posted yesterday.

Last edited:
You got me confused now...
What's with 'your' 2019 version of High Speed Ring (acf_hsforward) then ? Trees are worse, but the track itself is better.
Oh, and when you tag me, it's Fanapryde :D
I should rather wait for a straight foward port from GT6 or 7 just like what they did to R246.

... I would suggest you copy the longford_67.vao-
patch file from the extension\vao-patches folder and paste it into the longford_67_reworked folder. Rename it to...
Seizing the opportunity, I throw a question to the air: it's possible to use the LOD's of a car mod with other similar car mod just renaming the files, or isn't that easy?

Yeah, i'm just using slider's version for now until I have more time to mess with whatever version I have. I have to lighten up the textures though. On my system, the ambient feel on sliders is too dark.

If I could make one suggestion and you may have done this already. I would suggest you copy the longford_67.vao-
patch file from the extension\vao-patches folder and paste it into the longford_67_reworked folder. Rename it to longford_67_reworked.vao-patch. That will eliminate the black trees in the turn just after the railway tunnel.

As for the road texture mismatch, it's an easy fix with a little shader tweaking. I've done it already for myself with a combo of shader adjustments and my own road textures from the mod I posted yesterday.
You mean put the VAO file in the track folder? Why not in the dedicated VAO-patch folder?

I should rather wait for a straight foward port from GT6 or 7 just like what they did to R246.
Tbh, it's a GT track I don't really fancy. I had the first one still stored for some reason (not installed) and I won't keep this one installed either. Much better GT tracks around anyway. :P

Circuit Piddy v1.0

Screenshot_ks_glickenhaus_scg003_piddy_3-11-122-14-12-44.jpg

Fictional circuit in Switzerland.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layouts (SH and SAH)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Fredhot & Neel Jani
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Billboard textures by @Masscot
cameraman and textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @twobegreen

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Rainer Musch.

So yeah, tomorrow we will get superb quality Honda Accord, Ford Mondeo and Opel Vectra super touring cars.

Unfortunately it's not the original Accord (1995) aka MK5
only the Renault Laguna is missing from the 1999 Season now..
But for past seasons and JTCC we are missing cars. Even though there is trash physics version for both champs (laguna for example) there needs to be more Supertouring mods at this high quality cause as of now we have 6.
3 from PM3DM - E36, Primera eGT, S40 and VRC - Mondeo MK II, Vectra and Accord MK6.

View attachment 1219267
That will be lovely to have to be fair.
alfa 156, peugeot 406
As Alesi Said, not in 1999. The 156 However did do other championships iirc

You mean put the VAO file in the track folder? Why not in the dedicated VAO-patch folder?
because why spread files all over the place? It is much easier for all files in one folder.
As a matter of fact, any tracks/cars that have an extenion folder or VAO not in the track/car folder gets moved to the track folder on install and re-archived. Who needs 4 folders for one track/car

thats why

I started to wonder which version we have and PROBABLY it is Longford 76 1.1 with Longford 1976 Add-ons:

As I remember well, I deleted reworked version because of some issue with mountaints at background.

For my eyes, 'old' version with add-ons and your skin looks more detailed and realistic that reworked.
We just need animated flags at start line.

comparision.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back