Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
All out of sudden I'm getting "cpu at 99%" message when driving AC. I always have only 10 cars on the grid. Could it be a recently installed mod causing this? Running CSP 160
Have you tried CSP 1.79? Didn't he make a lot of optimizations from 1.60?
Hi from Michigan.

Winter grass and trees skin for any of the vintage spa tracks. I.E., my recent versions or the Spa 1966, 1938 or THR versions. Does what my Monza and Nords winter skins do. Removes the leaves from the deciduous trees and browns up the other trees so it can be used as a late fall, early spring skin as well. I separated the grass and trees because I actually like the winter grass as an optional skin to use in the summer. Has a sort of burnt out feel.

Winter track skin
Can I use these in conjunction with your other textures/skins? I just had all of your content included for the 34 & 66 layout, but I don't see the winter trees. What might I be doing wrong?

Edit: unless this is how your winter trees look..?

1673136596804.png

Last edited:
Can I use these in conjunction with your other textures/skins? I just had all of your content included for the 34 & 66 layout, but I don't see the winter trees. What might I be doing wrong?

Edit: unless this is how your winter trees look..?

View attachment 1221364
That is how they are supposed to look, but you have to have seasonal adjustments turned on and set a winter date for them to look snow covered. They are not white by default. If you want to use them as a late fall\early spring skin (when the trees have no leaves), you don't want to use a fall date or they will turn orange. If I want to get a fall feel with this skin, I use either Sept 25-30th or March 20-25th. Get similar lighting to late fall but without orange trees.

Also, you need to disable any other skin you might have active and only use the winter skins if you want a winter look with leafless trees.

Last edited:
That is how they are supposed to look, but you have to have seasonal adjustments turned on and set a winter date for them to look snow covered. They are not white by default. If you want to use them as a late fall\early spring skin (when the trees have no leaves), you don't want to use a fall date or they will turn orange. If I want to get a fall feel with this skin, I use either Sept 25-30th or March 20-25th. Get similar lighting to late fall but without orange trees.

Also, you need to disable any other skin you might have active and only use the winter skins if you want a winter look with leafless trees.
Okay. After I posted my sample pic, I remembered from your Monza post your reminder about seasonal adjustments, and I moved back about a month or so, and indeed the leafless trees looked darker. The effect is certainly more subtle than the Nords Dead of Winter skin, and Spa happens to have a high ratio of coniferous trees as well.

Disable skins.. do you mean OTHER than your skin updates, or should I need to disable yours as well?

Also.. I'm not sure I'm seeing changes to the grass, but maybe I need to play around with dates more.

View attachment 1221174
Just a little sneak peek of something I'm working on in SimHub to use on AC. Little bit of work to do on some things, but the base is there...
So, the reason that was mostly a sneak peak, is because for some reason in the couple weeks since I last touched it, the fonts played up. So, fixed that up, and this is where it's at now:
1673139573071.png

Needs a couple things like re-alignments of some boxes and logos and the timings possibly.
For those who don't understand what this is, effectively I'm trying to recreate the timing + ladder graphics that are currently in use for the Australian Supercars Championship (and, effectively support races run on the same weekends - used by Fox Sports Australia) for use on AC. However, I'm trying to do it as a historical one, so that it can be used for Group A ATCC races, or Australian Super Touring, so I have added in the manufacturer logos to go next to the car numbers for this reason.

At the moment, I've coded in:
* Timing box
- Manufacturer logos will work with any manufacturer that has competed in ATCC/Supercars, Group A, Group C, Super Touring or TCR (should work with cars from those manufacturers that aren't in those categories as well) - side note, since I am Australian, the Vauxhall Vextra is a Holden. Too bad, deal with it muaha.

* Timing ladder- Manufacturer logos should show up using the same criteria as before, however it will only be the Group A, Group C, GT3, ATCC/Supercars, TCR, Super Touring/Class 2, 90's FIA Class 1, effectively any touring cars (excluding GTE) but only of those manufacturers I've alluded to at the moment (so, no Ferrari, as an example), but eventually probably will try to include as many GT3 cars/manufacturers as possible as well.

* On both - Car numbers: This is a tricky one, as this uses Gary Swallow's plug in, and I've noticed an issue with using 'Car numbers' (as set by the skins in Content Manager), is always set by the order they are input into the race grid of Content Manager (player is always Car #0, 1st AI entrant is #1, 2nd is #2, so on...), and haven't been able to find a work around for this on the timing ladder. However, on the timing box, it's currently coded by the folder name of the skin of the 'observed driver', looking for the last 4 characters of the folder name (single and double digit numbers with leading zeros [0001, 0082, etc] with triple digit numbers needing a leading '10' [Triple 8 racing would need to end in 1888 for example]. Hoping there's a way to code it to just use the Car Number as set by the skin in Content Manager soon.

Will look to share probably when I at least make sure that all the cars work on the timing ladder, as you can see there are some blank logos where I've coded incorrectly, and to be specific, they are for the:
VRC Vauxhall Vectra
TCR 2019 MG Pro Xpower
TCR 2019 Renault Megane
(I expect there is more, so I'll have to go through the list)

If you run some other graphic-intensive games, you may find the same issue occurs. The temperature your GPU rises to is totally dependant on the load it's handling (vs. how good your cooling fans work), as well as the ambient temperature when you're running it. Sim racing pushes the cards pretty hard.

I've had this very issue in summer myself. When the PC is continually going hot, cool, hot, cool, hot, cool... things plugged into the motherboard can move around from thermal expansion and contraction, then eventually you get an intermittent connection which can shut the PC down.

If you're unsure how to reseat the card, you can find some helpful videos on youtube:

You can use the hardware monitor of the "MSI Afterburner" tool, to control the temperature and usage of GPU and CPU. It works for all graphics cards, not only MSI cards. I use it to optimize my graphics settings for AC and control how demanding a track or car mod is on my system.

Speaking of performance did anyone experienced a performance drop by installing the latest CSP preview 1.80.115? Even though my gpu and cpu are not fully utilized frames don't over 100fps while before I had 120fps solid

@WiisardNic

I also had a black screen all the time. My new graphics card is quite heavy. I then propped up the graphics card. Since then no more problems.

If the PC is turning off completely like they've suggested, it could also be the CPU overheating. Or it could be the power supply deciding it no longer wishes to supply power.

I love computers and how totally reliable they always are.
Also an update on this situation:
I could not be bothered opening up my PC to reseat my graphics card today, so installed the MSI Afterburner tool as suggest, and then just set the fan to 100% while running AC. Temp sits at 88deg now while driving, but hasn't conked out the computer yet, so.. that seems to have proven the issue. I'm looking to upgrade my whole PC this year anyways, its not a proper gaming PC, it's just my wife's old office desktop she bought on a whim and decided she would rather a laptop, and it runs games 'reasonably' well so I commandeered it for my makeshift rig haha.
Minkia! :D The TEMPRA DTM
Words I didn't expect to see on here for $500 thanks! :lol:

Also an update on this situation:
I could not be bothered opening up my PC to reseat my graphics card today, so installed the MSI Afterburner tool as suggest, and then just set the fan to 100% while running AC. Temp sits at 88deg now while driving, but hasn't conked out the computer yet, so.. that seems to have proven the issue. I'm looking to upgrade my whole PC this year anyways, its not a proper gaming PC, it's just my wife's old office desktop she bought on a whim and decided she would rather a laptop, and it runs games 'reasonably' well so I commandeered it for my makeshift rig haha.

Words I didn't expect to see on here for $500 thanks! :lol:
Ha. No wonder your PC was crashing! If you're still clocking 88 degrees with the fan running at 100%, you can be absolutely sure it was overheating badly before you turned the fans up.

A tip for the future, regardless of what computer you end up using:
Every few months, it's worth taking your PC outside, then opening it up and thoroughly blowing all the dust out, as that can add to overheating woes as well. Also, set up a custom fan profile with Afterburner, so that the fans really start cranking up as soon as you start getting over about 70-75 degrees C. That can really save your bacon financially, instead of cooking it – especially in the hotter period of an Australian summer!

Last edited:
Winter grass and trees skin for any of the vintage spa tracks. I.E., my recent versions or the Spa 1966, 1938 or THR versions. Does what my Monza and Nords winter skins do. Removes the leaves from the deciduous trees and browns up the other trees so it can be used as a late fall, early spring skin as well. I separated the grass and trees because I actually like the winter grass as an optional skin to use in the summer. Has a sort of burnt out feel.

Winter track skin
Hi, many thanks to make AC more realistic. Should be helpfull to know where to put the two folders...Thanks for your support. Best Regards

I have a problem with content manager. When I try to calculate AO, CM crashes. Newer had this before. Could have something to do with my graphic card (rx 6600xt), as I found a couple of people having this problem with this specific card. Has anybody experienced this and more important, found a fix?
Try with a different showroom
MrBoo is right on the money here... Similar issues had in past whilst generating a cars' AO was related to having a graphic-intense background in CM showroom, so basically made a non-intensive background (eg. no lights or objects of any kind) and have not had another episode whereby CM ***** itself and shuts down...

_ . _

@RMi_wood (WIP)
Have been adapting alike liveries for the AMR to the 924, whilst I have the source of decals etc handy - so what do you think? Any good? I'll keep working on them and a few more in the meantime...

924_1.png

924_2.png

924_3.png

ps. have assigned #13 to the DHL livery cause it's @racinjoe013 's favorite racing number...

Last edited:
MrBoo is right on the money here... Similar issues had in past whilst generating a cars' AO was related to having a graphic-intense background in CM showroom, so basically made a non-intensive background (eg. no lights or objects of any kind) and have not had another episode whereby CM ***** itself and shuts down...

_ . _

@RMi_wood (WIP)
Have been adapting alike liveries for the AMR to the 924, whilst I have the source of decals etc handy - so what do you think? Any good? I'll keep working on them and a few more in the meantime...

View attachment 1221432

View attachment 1221433

View attachment 1221434

ps. have assigned #13 to the DHL livery cause it's @racinjoe013 's favorite racing number...
keep going!

missing historic styles...

Porsche_944_LM_rear-right_Porsche_Museum.jpg

30817-1.jpg

960_ssjaew.jpg

a few others with a nostalgia theme

Hi guys does anybody have this stunt car racer track, it`s not avaliable at the assetto forum thats linked in the video, would love this, i had stunt car racer on the commodore 64 and amiga when i was a kid..wow

Oh wow! I've been waiting for someone to do this and hopefully the Hard Drivin' tracks too one day.
I loved both on my Atari ST, 30(!) years ago.

Those Stunt Car Racer tracks would be insane in VR! :crazy:

Last edited:
Speaking of Brazilian Stock Car Racing on AC, i would like to think of having these Raceroom fictional
vehicles mod on AC:

Cougar C14-1
Cougar C14-2
Canhard R51
Canhard R52
upfront-racers-inc-8-1752-image-full.webp

team-checkered-racing-14-1755-image-full.webp
east-sea-motorsports-5-1698-image-full.webp

young-talent-racing-9-1743-image-full.webp

Is there a model of these to import it to AC?

I love this cars, would be amazing to have them on the sim. Nice to see that im not the only that thinks like that hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Littlebird update.
v1.80 (Jan 2023)
Translucent 'Littlebird' windscreen banner added to all cars; customised MoTeC dash display added; 7-Up, Apple, Bubbly, Co-Op, Cube, Stihl, Dunkin' Donuts, Elf, NGK, Michelin, Namco, Link, BP, Neo Synthetics, Mont Blanc, Kwik-Fit, Oakley, Fujifilm, OMP, GReddy, TAG Heuer, Oreo, OXO, Rowes, Tabasco, TDK, Tide, Frank's, N64, Playstation, Xbox, Total, Santa Cruz, & Ken Block skins added; Some tweaks to previous skins; various minor fixes.

Sorry for the delay. Christmas came at the wrong time.
It's a '77 car so.. there are 77 skins. Should be enough for good variety with large grids.

1673179963089.png

Screenshot (228).png Screenshot (229).png

Thanks to @norms and @petercrill for help with the banner and MoTeC.
It's a Sharemods link for permanence and because Mediafire wasn't working, and to stop complaints about the WeTransfer link expiring after a week ;)

Remember: this car is fictional, so don't go getting any knickers twisted over perceived inaccuracies. :)

Something like this? Watch from minute 2.

(Yikes! Once again they have anticipated me with the answer... With the desire that I have to contribute something useful, and not just drop sailor jokes...!) (Sailor jokes=coñas marineras en inglés, según Google Translator).
Littlebird update...
spongebob-worship.gif

EDIT: Problem, and big... My game crashes with Littlebird; starts to charge the session, but when it's about to start, sounds the motor but screen goes black... I wanna cry...

EDIT 2: Problem solved, I think... Possibly when downloading the file the first time, some bit was lost. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled it and now everything seems to be ok... I'm more relieved than Robert Downey Jr. in his relief meme.

EDIT 3: Problem not solved altogether... A curious thing happens to me: in race or trackday modes AC starts without problems; in practice or hotlap, the game crashes. The computer leprechaums attack me again...

Last edited:

_ . _

@RMi_wood (WIP)

View attachment 1221432

View attachment 1221433

View attachment 1221434

Yeah, somehow this works. I was trying to decide if these modern liveries jive with this older car, but I think the core design of the car itself is fresh enough to support them.

Hi, many thanks to make AC more realistic. Should be helpfull to know where to put the two folders...Thanks for your support. Best Regards
Typically I would have setup the proper folder structure, but since this can be used with 6 different tracks, I would have had to make 6 different folders with the textures in them and that would have jacked up the file size. Anyways, they go in the 'skins\cm skins' folder of whichever version of the vintage Spa track you are using. Then you need to enable them in CM when you choose your track.

If you don't use CM, then you need to put all of them in the 'skins\default' folder of your track. Problem is, if you already have files in there, they will be overwritten. That's why it's better to use CM to manage and enable\disable track skins.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back