Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,065 comments
Open the Object Inspector app and it gives you the instructions (alt + click on the mesh)

interior windshield should look something like thisView attachment 1227749
ok, so I figured out how to get this info screen from the object inspector but what am I supposed to tell from the information? Or what could be wrong?
The effect it also happening with the side windows but not the rear window.

Attachments

• Object Capture.JPG
    Object Capture.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 7
ok, so I figured out how to get this info screen from the object inspector but what am I supposed to tell from the information? Or what could be wrong?
I'm no expert at this and don't even know if they are related, but I see that window is using the ksWindscreenFX shader. You could try disabling or playing around with the CSP WindscreenFX option and see if that corrects the problem. Worth a shot.

Generally with poor-quality mods, the interior windshield would have the wrong shader attached to it (usually per pixel reflection) which causes a similar issue to the one you're experiencing. Didn't expect it to be the case with Patrik's mod but doesn't hurt to check

That being said though usually the per pixel windscreen results in a reflection of the interior rather than what seems to be it duplicating in your case. If I had to take a guess given that it seems to work fine in vanilla, it could be a video-related setting, so to try and narrow it down you can first try disabling csp all together (settings -> csp -> general patch settings -> Active) and setting render mode (settings --> assetto corsa --> video) to single screen if it isn't already

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating this has been, but I did find the cause of the issue.. It ended up being one of the skins causing the issue! Now deleted of course.
It was one of the things I skipped to check. Not sure why it was doing it but now that I selected a different skin the car is fine.

Thanks for your efforts to help all the same.

Anyone else getting Simplygon updates all the time? I've had three in the past three days.

they force me to update to V 9.xxxxxx
after that, they force me again to update V 10.xxxxxx
You need to uninstall v9 and prior versions, which are eventually still installed.

The updater of Simplygon is kind of dumb. As long as he finds a version prior to v10 he tries to update them, even if v10 is already updated.

Link for Sharemods is broken :(
I'm so sorry, idk what happened, I just create a new publication about the mod because all links I add are broken...
There you go!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/78115586

Like the Aston, this is a wonderful car to drive. One question though, does this car not have cockpit lights yet? When driving at night, nothing in the cockpit lights up except for a few dash lights.
Hey ! Thanks for your feedback ! I add interior light on the next update ! You cana tell me other thing I can improve on the next update ! ^^

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating this has been, but I did find the cause of the issue.. It ended up being one of the skins causing the issue! Now deleted of course.
It was one of the things I skipped to check. Not sure why it was doing it but now that I selected a different skin the car is fine.

Thanks for your efforts to help all the same.
Great to hear you've solved the blurred windscreen issue...

Would you share the skin name/number or better still, zip the culprit-livery folder instead and posted it here so that I can take a look at it (that is, check the livery-files/content) - I'd be interested to see what's going on (root cause)...

Would you also happen to know the source of the livery? RD perhaps? At the very least, a warning of a shotty-livery to other users could be handy information to know... Better still, let the source owner know of it for a fix.

TIA

edit: I've checked all liveries that I have for this mod and nothing - all OK.

Last edited:
according to the author, "you Can delete your old 488 GTE Evo ! Mine version is the most realistic and complete version !
😁
"

I asked the question of where he gets the info to show his is most realistic from, data from Ferrari? Tested by real world drivers who have competed in the car? no response.. obviously not complete :D
I love the low resolution skins, fit wonderfully well when playing in 4k!! 😝

Is there a way to fully visualize and edit a race grid preset file on CM? I ask this because I have downloaded some preset files and when I load them in CM, it doesn't give any warning about missing cars or skins, differently of what happens in user championships. Thanks in advance.

I love the low resolution skins, fit wonderfully well when playing in 4k!! 😝
To be fair I don't think the skins on the mod I'm working on are 4k either , I can't recall the size of the templates, those are something the end user can change relatively easily. My comment I think is a fair question when someone claims it's the most realistic.. based on what data/testing is what I'm interested in.

The mod I'm associated with uses the manufacturers technical manual, and feedback from a race engineer and 2 drivers who have worked on/ driven the cars in the real world. Is it the most realistic, personally I can't tell, I've not been lucky enough to drive one..

Is there a way to fully visualize and edit a race grid preset file on CM? I ask this because I have downloaded some preset files and when I load them in CM, it doesn't give any warning about missing cars or skins, differently of what happens in user championships. Thanks in advance.
You.can edit a race grid preset on CM. In the drive section. Select presetting to.load the preset grid you want, on the most right icon above the list of cars, it allows you to check/edit the drivers in the loaded preset. Not at the laptop to take a screenshot

To be fair I don't think the skins on the mod I'm working on are 4k either , I can't recall the size of the templates, those are something the end user can change relatively easily. My comment I think is a fair question when someone claims it's the most realistic.. based on what data/testing is what I'm interested in.

The mod I'm associated with uses the manufacturers technical manual, and feedback from a race engineer and 2 drivers who have worked on/ driven the cars in the real world. Is it the most realistic, personally I can't tell, I've not been lucky enough to drive one..

You.can edit a race grid preset on CM. In the drive section. Select presetting to.load the preset grid you want, on the most right icon above the list of cars, it allows you to check/edit the drivers in the loaded preset. Not at the laptop to take a screenshot
I find some real specs about the evo version (engine, aero, etc) ! (not the GT3, the GTE) ! My friend made data and the time is very very similar on a track ! ^^
And I mean most complete because I think we don't have another 488 GTE Evo with two specs (Bodykit / lights) and with some skins ^^

Last edited:

Yeah, it allows to edit the grid, but doesnt give any information about the missing cars or skins on the grid. Thanks anyway.

I'm so sorry, idk what happened, I just create a new publication about the mod because all links I add are broken...
There you go!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/78115586

Hey ! Thanks for your feedback ! I add interior light on the next update ! You cana tell me other thing I can improve on the next update ! ^^
The side mirrors on the Le Mans version don't work. Fortunately they do on the standard version, so it's an easy fix to copy and paste the working mirror file over to the Le Mans version.

Also, when starting the car, the set up is invalid and the suspension needs to be increased by one on each front wheel. I fixed this by changing the rule from 55 to 54 in the car file.

Panoz Esperante GTR-1 by F302 Updated by Peuegot905

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fs4lk...ante_GTR-1_1997_F302_updates_by_Peugeot905.7z

other updated Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7g6488jsyt2ux/Lemans_Prototype_Near_Finalized

Physics updates to
-Tyres
-power.lut, engine.ini, drivetrain.ini
-setup.ini
-audio updates to extension config
-car.ini (fuel consumption, inertia, etc)
-brakes
-ai.ini
-suspension(correct front and rear track, Changes to graphic offset.)
-aero.ini and aero LUT files associated
also other physics updates

Test Data in .txt below

Planned Next Release.

Dallara SP1 Team Oreca Judd Year 2002

3 Aero Packs: Low Downforce, RearendPlate, HighDownforce

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-23-32-38.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-23-32-10.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-23-32-24.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-23-32-45.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-22-48-8.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-22-48-23.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-22-48-34.jpg

Screenshot_f302_panoz_esperante_gtr1_st_showroom05_1-1-123-22-48-43.jpg

Attachments

• Test Data Panoz Esperante GTR-1.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm not trying to be critical, but I think i'm starting to understand why some people hate the seasonal adjustment feature. Who makes some of these configs for CSP? I mean really, June-July doesn't actually look like this at Nords, does it?

before.jpg

Not saying my version looks perfect or anything, but at least you actually get green in June and July:

after.jpg

Last edited:
The side mirrors on the Le Mans version don't work. Fortunately they do on the standard version, so it's an easy fix to copy and paste the working mirror file over to the Le Mans version.

Also, when starting the car, the set up is invalid and the suspension needs to be increased by one on each front wheel. I fixed this by changing the rule from 55 to 54 in the car file.
Strange, my LM version has none of these issues, mirrors are fine and I can drive without making any changes...

Yeah, it allows to edit the grid, but doesnt give any information about the missing cars or skins on the grid. Thanks anyway.
at least you can see in the list where the missing ones are, it's easy enough to delete the one you dont have, so you dont get a random. Easy enough to add back later if you can work out which is missing, and then find it.
If its real world, is there a results list you can check to compare? Then you know what to search for.
I couldnt remember off hand if it showed in red the missing one, like a missing track in a custom championship does.

The only other option I can think of is, to open the actual preset and go through the driver names until you come across the one that isnt in your skins folder. Enjoy the haystack, hope you find the needle :D
in case you dont know where the presets are, in your C:\Users\insert your username on your pc\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets, right click the preset, open with notepad, you should be able to compare the names in the file to the ones in the list in the preset in CM

20230203_081616.jpg

Last edited:
Can you make the fender edges of the car smoother?
I see what can I do ^^

That strange the mirror are working for me.. I see the data and they're same

And I mean most complete because I think we don't have another 488 GTE Evo with two specs (Bodykit / lights) and with some skins ^^
First Racing Studio made one with the Endulights but only one spec car tho

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_488_gte_evo_sx_lemans_2-1-123-18-5-8.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_488_gte_evo_sx_lemans_2-1-123-18-5-8.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm not trying to be critical, but I think i'm starting to understand why some people hate the seasonal adjustment feature. Who makes some of these configs for CSP? I mean really, June-July doesn't actually look like this at Nords, does it?

View attachment 1227835

Not saying my version looks perfect or anything, but at least you actually get green in June and July:

View attachment 1227836

Can confirm as someone who passed out from heat exhaustion at the 24 Hours a few years back, that yes the trees were green when I awoke.

VW Golf enthusiasts might enjoy this. I haven't driven it yet myself.

The mod:

at least you can see in the list where the missing ones are, it's easy enough to delete the one you dont have, so you dont get a random. Easy enough to add back later if you can work out which is missing, and then find it.
If its real world, is there a results list you can check to compare? Then you know what to search for.
I couldnt remember off hand if it showed in red the missing one, like a missing track in a custom championship does.

The only other option I can think of is, to open the actual preset and go through the driver names until you come across the one that isnt in your skins folder. Enjoy the haystack, hope you find the needle :D
in case you dont know where the presets are, in your C:\Users\insert your username on your pc\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets, right click the preset, open with notepad, you should be able to compare the names in the file to the ones in the list in the preset in CM

View attachment 1227895
Thanks, I'm already opening it with Notepad. I think I can also use python in order to sort the grid in a table, as it seems to follow a python dictionary format. Thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back