Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Just started making a track and I'm getting multiple issues firstly as you can see in the 1st picture If i use local units scale in Blender when exporting I get 2 pillars spawning really far away from the car I'm guessing it's something to do with the pit crew as they don't appear anywhere. Then if I use FBX units scale like you're supposed to (second picture) none of the scales make sense everything is like a quarter of the size it should be and I don't get the weird pillars (or pit crew). Then you can see in Blender kind of what the true scale should be. Any help with this?
I'm guessing you have this sorted by now but if not you will need to use your first pics option so the world is scaled correctly then reset the scale on your spawn points dummies. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this in Blender but I'm sure the info is out there. GLHF.

@FAL9000 it looks great but @ludwig6666 did an excellent reworked version 2 weeks ago with new asphalt and 3d trees and other things that here are missing...it will be great if you could collaborate to put all things together to have a "definitive" version!

ps. here the version mentioned :)
I ran ludwig6666's track and it is a great rework from the original. But to me, the tree type and amount is quite different from how Long Beach really is. In FAL9000 's version, the landscaping, updated fountain (both plants AND water movement) and correct bridges and race fencing are exactly how this place really feels. The near correct palm trees alone, on FAL9000's version, make it tops (in my humble opinion). I think a lighting patch, crowds, and maybe some helicopters/blimp would damn near finish it... Just my 2 cents...

Added lights, blimp/helicopters from other track files, and the crowds were in there the whole time.

Oh, and if I can figure out how to properly activate FallGuy's RainFX coding so I can not only hear, but see the rain and puddles. Not overly worried about the rain since we never get that much there anyway...

(Just needed to run CSP preview, I'm an idiot...)

In the end, I'm just very happy to have some great Long Beach options in AC! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Another driver suit done for the Tatuus FT60.
If there's any interest to help with skins, let me know. Plenty of them to do for this, and the FT50. Toyota Gazoo Racing NZ has great hi res pics to use as reference too.
View attachment 1229116View attachment 1229117View attachment 1229115
(Yes Masscot, I applied the shadows before saving the finished suit)

Last edited:
I ran ludwig6666's track and it is a great rework from the original. But to me, the tree type and amount is quite different from how Long Beach really is. In FAL9000 's version, the landscaping, updated fountain (both plants AND water movement) and correct bridges and race fencing are exactly how this place really feels. The near correct palm trees alone, on FAL9000's version, make it tops (in my humble opinion). I think a lighting patch, crowds, and maybe some helicopters/blimp would damn near finish it... Just my 2 cents...

Oh, and if I can figure out how to properly activate FallGuy's RainFX coding so I can not only hear, but see the rain and puddles. Not overly worried about the rain since we never get that much there anyway...

In the end, I'm just very happy to have some great Long Beach options in AC! Thanks everyone!
Hm, as I wrote, you just need to copy the lines from my post to the existing ext-config.ini file in the \extension folder in the track folder. Once you set up rain in AC, the puddles start to evolve then (tried it by myself and it works).

Hi everyone,

I'm releasing Long Beach remastered

I have redone most of the shaders , added skidmarks, reflections and more,i have created the missing bridge and fencepoling, overhauled some off the trees and added the missing ones and some other minor changes.
I still don't know (and quiet frankly not really bothered)how to do lightning and rain etc. so if anyone is interested in doing it, i can upload the editor files.

I'm still running at an older CSP so depending on your setup and filter it might look awful and the original long beach wasn't really friendly to the system to begin with and i've only added more polygons, maps and textures to it, so it might struggle to get decent FPS (especially if you run in 4K)

I also dont know if it will work by simply dragging the file into content manager, probably better to just copypaste the folder into the tracks folder manually.

Big thanks to Terra21 and nrms for the original conversion and Reboot team and JohnR from which i borrowed some textures.

View attachment 1228740

View attachment 1228741

View attachment 1228739

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4rwvcmanz51cb1/fln_long+beach.zip/file
Very nice, thanx a lot 😃
There are wrong paths in camera_facing.ini preventing the spectators to show up.
TEXTURE=content/tracks/fn_long beach/ should be TEXTURE=content/tracks/fln_long beach/ (fn -> fln)

10 out of the 16 New Zealand Grand Prix entrants liveries done. Wheels don't look as good in the showroom as they do on the track.
Doubt I'll get all the helmets and suits done, otherwise this will stay as a WIP. Then there is the 2023 season to do as well.
If I do all this, I'll never get the 2019 season done for the FT-50, and dont want to make it availble with the mud skins that came with rF2.
Since these use the rF2 model, the skins would all be able to be added to that sim too, but that isn't part of my plans.

View attachment 1229129

Last edited:
Spa F1 Extension 2020/2021/2022 has now been updated to 4.0 and is available to everyone directly on patreon 🙂

Your extensions are fantastic but a lot of them suffer from flickering billboards (maybe from z-fighting if the existing boards aren't hidden first?). Any plans to update the affected ones?
Bathurst looks great with no noticeable flickering, but blacks are maybe too black and look unnaturally dark, taking no sun effect at all (apart from absorbing all of it). Maybe a very dark grey should be used, certainly something less than 100% black? Or Kunos billboard properties copied? I was always told that we rarely perceive 100% black or 100% white in the real world due to ambient lighting.

1675858726067.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello to everyone!!
I have a problem with old cars skins like Lancia Delta Hillclimb and some variants.. in the showroom are ok but in game are total black..
Please, could you help me find a solution? I'm not a modder and I don't know what I must search or change...
Thank you very much for the patience! I hope is easy and doable!! ;)

P.S: I have latest CM, SOL 2.2.4, CSP 1.79p5

Two images for example:
Write them a message. https://www.patreon.com/assettorallydb I wrote to them.

I published a v0.9 of raceway Park of the Midlands. Scratch made.

Still to do:
Add some more track side objects (cars, trucks and tents)
Add some more vegetation
Fine tune the tarmac (add some patches)
Add lights
Add rain effects
Fix grooves and skids
Real traffic on the highway (who can help?)

Still to do:
Add some more vegetation
Add lights
Add rain effects
Fix grooves and skids
Great work!
It has the same folder name as a previous (converted?) version of the track, so people need to be careful when installing. Make sure to do a clean installation or delete the old track first.

see below

Last edited:
Great work!
It has the same folder name as a previous (converted?) version of the track, so people need to be careful when installing. Make sure to do a clean installation or delete the old track first.
No it has NOT!
My track folder is called zw_rpm
The older version was 'mam'...
I think you have the W.I.P. I shared on discord :)

Last edited:
they're not as good as the ones I linked, IMO. Model wise and physics wise i'd take Fabian's mods any day. You can find good mods here too, really nice to drive imo https://discord.gg/n-f-modding-designers-community-755707054693548083
I have dowloaded and tested some of the GroupA cars (about 10 cars), and can not share your good opinion.

Mostly poor textures (gtsupreame level), 2 cars did not start, because unable to change the gear. 1 car crashed whiloe loading all the time.
Maybe you can find trasures there, but i was unable to do so.

I mean the NF stuff. Did not try Fabian`s

Did some work on this car yesterday. It's a 1957 Maserati 300s. The model has been kicking about for a long time as I found it with V2 tyres fitted.

Updated shaders
Fixed opaque windshield and lights
Fixed broken mirror
Made new normal maps where necessary
Added flames to exhausts
New V10 tyres made and fitted
Other stuff that I've forgotten about

https://mega.nz/file/yJYkjQJA#vYYGdjq-c66qZDKZh0stm8I_2MNC_nzshsk26UhNURg
does anyone still have this or a newer Maserati 300s?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

also looking for these skins to complete le mans 2014

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Hm, as I wrote, you just need to copy the lines from my post to the existing ext-config.ini file in the \extension folder in the track folder. Once you set up rain in AC, the puddles start to evolve then (tried it by myself and it works).
Completely my fault. Had downgraded to lower CSP to check lumirank operation. Once I reloaded preview CSP I'm all good. I edited my comment above.

The RainFX script looks awesome on this track! Thank you again!

URD Radical XXR - data replacement v0.10
  • adds extra SS tire compound to maintain better temps, grip unchanged from Soft
  • oil temp digits moved to show full Celcuis logo

* Will cause online mismatch
After replacing the data file with this one, selecting the car causes CM to crash.

Unsure if this is something on my end.

1675890263963.png

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Still to do:
Add some more vegetation
Add lights
Add rain effects
Fix grooves and skids
Nicely done! Here's some basic RainFX for the track as it currently stands, if anyone's interested -- just add to ext_config.ini:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road01, roadcracks, Concrete?, road_pit?, dragroad, roadpit, rmbl
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road01, roadcracks, Concrete?, road_pit?, dragroad, roadpit
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = grdr?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = google
LINES_MATERIALS = line, roadsf
STREAM_POINT_... = -228.96, 4.06, -309.75

Still to do:
Add some more vegetation
Add lights
Add rain effects
Fix grooves and skids
Replay Cams - RPM (main layout)

Nicely done indeed @Zwiss!

Those twists and unexpected tight-turns are a hoot... Caught out a few times, taking them wide and losing a place or two, or three, or what the heck... :embarrassed:

Here's a couple of cams for the 'main' layout.

zw_rpm__main.jpg

Happy racing!

racealot-cams

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back