Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Good afternoon. I'm trying to adapt a Ferrari 312/66 from another model from 1965.

As the "original" wheels are smaller than the real ones from 1966, I "imported" the wheels from the Ferrari 330P Spyder ( proportion x=1.0 , y=1.0 , z =1.0 , however in 3dsimed (I adjusted the size that I think is the most correct , it was more or less (rear x=0.90 and front x=0.82).

As you can see in the print ( figure A, what I would like it to be, figure B is what is on the track (this print is when "align using data" is active), but it is unmarked when I go to the track.

In the print inside the lane you can see (that the size is not what I wanted).

Question.
Where is the problem?
Why is it not in the proportion I want?
Is there any "trick"?

It usually happens on all the cars I try to adapt (my simple solution is to try to "import" a "wheel" or just the "tire" of the size I want.

But then what are the "proportions" for " x - y - z " for each piece within 3dsimed?

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
This happens because your wheel object scale is not set on 1.00000.

You either need to edit your wheel object scale separately and save it in 3se format, before importing it in your car (using the "replace" function in 3Dsimed), or you can rescale each sub-objets (rims, tires, etc) directly on the car model (which can be a bit tricky depending on the objects numbers and proportions).

The most important is that your main WHEEL_LF, WHEEL_LR etc. objects scale are set on 1.00000. That way, you'll never have any scaling issue with the wheels ingame (wheels are the only instances that don't support rescaling in AC).

Then, you might need to adjust the tires radius in the tires.ini (physics) so your wheels are not sinking or flying over the track. ;)

Last edited:
I converted this, its a bit ropey thus far and i'm flitting between stuff so i reckon i will just upload it here and see what happens to it, if anything.
The steering wheel doesn't even turn yet, the wheels do though.

Its an interesting thing in real life.

I'm making a cup version from it as it uses 997 base and engine, and owes a lot in the look department to Mr Porsche.
Despite its looks, it ain't electric. Which is good.

Its a rinspeed zazen.

Anyway I'll upload it at some point tomorrow.
Anyone think they would be interested in making it shine?

__custom_showroom_1677796680.jpg

The cup version i'll be focusing on.

__custom_showroom_1677796832.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions regarding track modding. I just started a new project, and I'm looking to do a high quality job.

What recent tracks, assets or other things can I take a look at as an example of a well made track (to current AC standards). Especially regarding foliage, as I'll need to do that from scratch. Also terrain mapping/texturing will be something I want to look into

Also, it's taking ages for KsEditor to actually load the track, to the point I haven't succesfully loaded it as of yet. Is this a known issue? I'm currently working on it in Blender and everything seems to be fine there

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions regarding track modding. I just started a new project, and I'm looking to do a high quality job.

What recent tracks, assets or other things can I take a look at as an example of a well made track (to current AC standards). Especially regarding foliage, as I'll need to do that from scratch. Also terrain mapping/texturing will be something I want to look into

Also, it's taking ages for KsEditor to actually load the track, to the point I haven't succesfully loaded it as of yet. Is this a known issue? I'm currently working on it in Blender and everything seems to be fine there
Fat Alfie, Lilski, John R to name 3.
The Reboot guys right here in this forum are putting out some fairly passable stuff as well. :)

You could also check this forum at https://assettocorsamods.net/forums/ most of the well know track modders seems to be active here.
Keep in you mint a few, I think easy to avoid, minor faults, even the best track maker do make them, but in VR mode a bit of an immersion breaker.
  • 2D crowd & other 2D objects near the race track, or repeating the same 2D trees standing at a perfect straight line, parallel to the road.
  • Using fences and power/telephone lines that producing lots of graphical artifacts.
  • Mixing objects with, (I think its calling) differently resolution side by side. Especially noticed when it becomes to a create a distance mountain view or fuzzy rocky surface spots besides the road.
  • Creating a object/ environment, with an unrealistic color and movement (like a lake or river) think then its better to skip that or change it into something different.

Last edited:
Hi !

The fun fact about "Performance Delta" is… It’s the vanilla apps from AC ! ^^

So, about the RT Oulton Park v1.2 and my enigma, the mystery stills on my side.
I used the other versions of the track with some other cars and the problem about the first sector also appeared.

I repeat, with the v1.1 and the v1.0, no problem.

Cheers. ;-)
Hi Gentlemen ! ;)

The last version of "Oulton Park" by the Reboot Team (v1.4) solved my problem with the App performance delta on the first sector of the track.
Oulton Park (v1.4) by the Reboot Team

Thanks a lot again for all the people involved in.

Cheers ! :cheers:

@chas1723
It's a known problem, I gave the direct link in my post.

Last edited:
anyone else getting a Oulton Park update through content manager but it shows a file forbidden when I try to download it.
As stated previously, just download the update from the original link.
The CUP update system can be problematic at the moment.

My advice is to just do it! don't be too self conscious.
Create whatever you like, take cues from the real race cars,
Or do your best to replicate the real life car's liveries,
Put it out there, then move on to the next project or tweak and update the previous ones.
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. :) I've uploaded it to RaceDepartment if anybody wants it.

With that in mind, I've also been playing around with a 1991 Mitsubishi GTO mod I found a while back. The mod looks really nice, but it was tragically boring to drive and had weird stuff like having too many gears and the wrong size wheels. Sadly I have no idea who the original author is; I'm assuming they're in Asia since this mod has little presence in English-speaking AC communities.

It's a bummer that not only are there not really any good GTO mods, but also that most of them out there use the fugly facelifted version without the pop-up headlights or active aero wing.

So I've been playing around with it - although I don't really know what I'm doing - and while it's still a bit (undertatement) ropey, I like to think what I've done to it has at least made it a bit more fun and more 'active' to drive.

You can find it here: https://mega.nz/file/w4sU2AoK#Q2G5BsRcwupyIyZpElD9G4tqKZ8wbhkv61YRuL_475Q

Here's a picture to break up this wall of text:
preview.jpg

Here's what I've done:

• Raised weight from 1300kg to 1700kg
  • Changed from 6-speed to 5-speed, with stock gear ratios
  • Changed wheel/tire size to stock... previously had the same wheel size as an Abarth 500
  • Added more tire options
  • Redone power curve based on data I've found. Now develops 276hp at wheels, 320-ish at crank... about what you'd expect
  • Drastically raised center of gravity in addition to massively softening the suspension
  • Made it so the turbo doesn't damage the engine when you accellerate

Here's what's still wrong with it:

• Gear ratios feel too long, you'll basically never reach fifth gear
  • 0 - 60mph is too fast, 0 - 100mph is waaaaay too fast
  • The brakes are just awful, assume I need to increase their power to account for the fact that the weight has increased so much
  • The turbo is copy/pasted from the Kunos Mk4 Supra.
  • The suspension is what you may call 'completely buggered' with a hilariously high ride height in addition to a bunch of other stuff... it was a lot of trial and error before I figured out that it was the low CoG that was mostly causing the boring handling.
  • Seriously, I think I made the suspension so floppy that the body strikes the rear wheels or something when you brake hard.
  • I have literally no idea if the 4WS works. Again, copy/paste - this time from Kunos R34
  • I get a lot of FFB clipping. Not really sure how to fix that.
  • The model is encrypted. Can't do anything about that. :( Which means no new previews and due to the length of the folder name, CM won't record distance traveled.

Nevertheless, and despite all the issues, I like to at least think it's better than when I started. The updates I've made give it a tendency to oversteer at low speeds, but it's super easy to catch and gives it a feeling of agility the original version lacked. If you want to compare, I've included the original data.acd in the folder.

Lapping Suzuka, I found I could lap it roughly as fast as an NSX, 300ZX, R32 GT-R, etc.

Could someone please offer suggestions on how I can fix the many things that are wrong with it?

Last edited:
As stated previously, just download the update from the original link.
The CUP update system can be problematic at the moment.
Yeah...I figured it out after posting. My camtool sets are no longer correct with this version. The cams switch a bit sooner than the 1.3 version. I take it the track has been shifted slightly to cause this.

Zolder 2009 v1.21 "iOpener"

View attachment 1228128

Source: Realtime Racing by Simbin
Conversion: @RMi_wood

Converted directly from RTR source for Assetto Corsa
This was my first official conversion of a track to AC

changelog v1.21
  • physical road mesh by @pugsang
  • new AI
  • new cameras
  • more CSP features...
  • extensive lights update
  • RainFX (beta)

- 'TV' Cameras*, Grid/Pits*, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team
- Zolder 2017 skins should work without issues

:: DOWNLOAD v1.21 ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.30 ::
note: I cannot upload this to RD, thus... GTP/Patreon is the home for this track
Zolder 2009 v1.30 "iOpener"

1677940936078.jpeg

changelog v1.30

:: DOWNLOAD v1.30 ::

Last edited:
Yeah...I figured it out after posting. My camtool sets are no longer correct with this version. The cams switch a bit sooner than the 1.3 version. I take it the track has been shifted slightly to cause this.
The track hasn't shifted - the s/f line position was corrected. This probably borked the cams.

The track hasn't shifted - the s/f line position was corrected. This probably borked the cams.
Cameras are driven by the AI line (fast_lane.ini)
A timer location move/change should only affect overlays.ini, which is used for Time-Attack mode.

Last edited:
Cameras are driven by the AI line (fast_lane.ini)
A timer location move/change should only affect overlays.ini, which is used for Time-Attack mode.
But moving the s/f line obviously means the AI s/f line has to change too, so definitions of in/out points for the cameras will also alter.

Drift Spirits - Showroom Pack1 v1.0

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_rmi_ds_garage_02_1-2-123-15-35-36.jpg

Screenshot_fgg_nissan_silvia_k_dia_selection_rmi_ds_garage_011_horii_2-2-123-14-10-8.jpg

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_rmi_ds_garage_20_2-2-123-15-44-31.jpg

Screenshot_honda_city_turbo_ii_fire_rmi_ds_garage_30_2-2-123-17-26-39.jpg

Screenshot_lm_porsche_930_nf_rmi_ds_garage_40_studio_3-2-123-15-0-17.jpg

features:
  • 5 showrooms / driveable showrooms for advanced photographic screenshots

credits:
  • converted from the mobile game by @RMi_wood

info:
  • 2 more packs will follow
  • enjoy these small tasty cakes with your morning cofee or tea!

:: DOWNLOAD ::
How can I use these showrooms?
I copied the the folders into AC/content/showrooms, but nothing appear in CM.

Attachments

• kép_2023-03-04_190716483.png
    kép_2023-03-04_190716483.png
    156 KB · Views: 7
  • kép_2023-03-04_190808554.png
    kép_2023-03-04_190808554.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
I don´t want to overtake your version, so maybe it´s the better way to share it here with you, and you can decide what to take from my version and what you want to ignore?
It´s online for 7 days only...

Now with rain_fx and lights too
View attachment 1236505
Mate, I only use Kunos AC, I can't test rain, night, etc... thanks!

i see a showroom folder in your showroom folder...
open any showroom in CM, goto "scene", change showroom
Ohhh... THX! So what I always saw there (on the linked picture and the right bottom side of Showroom panel), thats only saved presets or something like that)

The showroom folder: Somebody name his showroom with this name....

Attachments

• kép_2023-03-04_202458396.png
    kép_2023-03-04_202458396.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 8
hi, anyone knows if a VW SP2 mod exists in AC?

(if you like myself didn't hear of a SP2 yet till now, here's a video
a custom version like this would even be more awesome I think ;) )

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back