Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Question: Do you know a 60s Formula 2 or 3 mod? I tested Bazza and SBH Formula mod from THR. The F2 Matra from the GPL mod by Bazza and of course the FJunior by Sergio Loro. Is there anything else I should know? (Tried to make a championship with them but colliders are broken.)
For the 60's, that's all. Someone a while ago was working on a Brabham (a BT23 or a BT21, i don´t remember exactly), but i never heard anything about it anymore. U can try to find the topic on RD - it was on modding discussions or "what are you working on".

Since I'm always the guy with alternatives, I can suggest (because I've already done it, too) for F3 races in the late 60´s, to clone the Russell-Alexis and the Lotus formula ford and create new cars with them - replace the sound and the names, make a BOP with Bazza cars, and you can have a half-baked Pygmee or Alpine. I don´t need to say that to do that public, you need the authorization of both modders (that´s why I never shared it, in first place!)

Last edited:
Kyalami 1976

Kyalami 1976 v0.975

As always, I take no credit for the track itself. All credit for the track goes to the guys at actrackrebootproject. All I did was add some CSP features and alter the look of the track to fit my eye better. It is a standalone track so it won't alter the original version.

CREDITS:

Original Track: actrackrebootproject
Config: @CrisT86
1976-1977 Sponsors\Logos: @leopardpete Get well soon.
Seasonal Changes Advice: @andrevr
Help and Advice: The guys from @Breathe discord channel. Too many to name here, but they know who they are. Plus @leopardpete and @Fall Guy for the pics and video I used as reference.
CSP Additions: @racinjoe013

The track itself is unfinished so expect future updates. There are a couple of things i'm not happy with. The big one being the areas where the dirt edges meet the road or grass. They don't blend well and at times have a different level of brightness. No matter what I try I can't seem to make them look the way I want. Frustration has set in and I need to step away from the track for awhile, but I don't think it's enough of an issue to hold off on making the track public.

Notes:

-- If you don't care for my choices of colors for the grass and trees and want to make or use your own track skin you must first disable the automatic texture change feature in the ext_config. Just delete the SCRIPTS / EXTRAS section all the way at the bottom.
-- There is a 1977 track skin that will change the podium and control tower sponsors to their 1977 versions.
-- If you want more crowds, there is a Crowd Stuff section near the bottom of the ext_config file. Set the first Mesh Adjustment entry to Active = 0. Just know that they are simple 2 sided crowd objects and will look odd from certain angles.
-- I made a new ai line to fit my limited driving abilites better. If you don't like it, just use whatever ai file you currently use on the original Kyalami 1967 track.

View attachment 1255486
Great work again, thanks for a brilliant update of an all-time classic track! 👍

For the 60's, that's all. Someone a while ago was working on a Brabham (a BT23 or a BT21, i don´t remember exactly), but i never heard anything about it anymore. U can try to find the topic on RD - it was on modding discussions or "what are you working on".

Since I'm always the guy with alternatives, I can suggest (because I've already done it, too) for F3 races in the late 60´s, to clone the Russell-Alexis and the Lotus formula ford and create new cars with them - replace the sound and the names, make a BOP with Bazza cars, and you can have a half-baked Pygmee or Alpine. I don´t need to say that to do that public, you need the authorization of both modders (that´s why I never shared it, in first place!)
of course, you seek permissions where possible, but sometimes that is not possible, so giving credit where it is due is always a must. It is a shame you havent released what you have started, it might spur on some interest from others, and with the history of the series, I am sure there are more than just you and me that would be interested in something like this

BREMGARTEN 1954 RELEASE v2.0

Great old track of my collection merged with all the modern updates done by Jim Lloyd and leBluem. + Some stuff you can read in the change log below.

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr02.jpg

Change log:

v2.0
  • merge of the Reboot and Rainmaker version
  • reworked AI side lines
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • fixed a missing alpha shader and wrong normals
  • merged .kn5 files
  • repacked new texture files
  • added missing Read Me files
  • added some tags in CM
  • added download link
  • some new UI
  • added loading screens
  • added extension file for CSP stuff by lebluem (GrassFX, night lights)
  • added CM vao patch
  • made RainFX, changed some material names for that
  • added some missing objects from v1.0

v0.9
  • overhaul of the track by Reboot Team (no change log given)

v1.0
  • initial release for AC by Rainmaker

Tomorrow the GPLmania championships will start! 😀

Last edited:
Question: Do you know a 60s Formula 2 or 3 mod? I tested Bazza and SBH Formula mod from THR. The F2 Matra from the GPL mod by Bazza and of course the FJunior by Sergio Loro. Is there anything else I should know? (Tried to make a championship with them but colliders are broken.)
I would check Legion website and that russian formula alternative from @jurik1984 at RD.

BTW thanks for the Bremgarten

Last edited:
Yes the Estonias from Jurik are nice. With a little bit more quality it could be it.

EDIT: Thanks for the legion tip! I found something: F3 Lotus 1967 and some 1968s I was looking for.

Last edited:
me again i fixed the uv on the front bumper now shold be better i hope @XaleroZ

and sorry but i fear you need to adusjt the skins abit now @MrHunt

hope its better now enjoy thank you :)

Thank you, the AO looks much better now. 👍
I can try to help you if you want
"optimization"
"AO mapping"
"Adding texture.dirt, damage, scratches, etc.."
Sent me a message if you want
the Peugeot 406 BTCC is one of my favorites
That would be awesome, The 406 deserves more attention.

BREMGARTEN 1954 RELEASE v2.0

Great old track of my collection merged with all the modern updates done by Jim Lloyd and leBluem. + Some stuff you can read in the change log below.

View attachment 1255651
View attachment 1255652
View attachment 1255653

Change log:

v2.0
  • merge of the Reboot and Rainmaker version
  • reworked AI side lines
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • fixed a missing alpha shader and wrong normals
  • merged .kn5 files
  • repacked new texture files
  • added missing Read Me files
  • added some tags in CM
  • added download link
  • some new UI
  • added loading screens
  • added extension file for CSP stuff by lebluem (GrassFX, night lights)
  • added CM vao patch
  • made RainFX, changed some material names for that
  • added some missing objects from v1.0

v0.9
  • overhaul of the track by Reboot Team (no change log given)

v1.0
  • initial release for AC by Rainmaker

Tomorrow the GPLmania championships will start! 😀
This may be a silly question. Why update and release this version of Bremgarten when there is an outstanding version from the maestro Fat Alfie?

This may be a silly question. Why update and release this version of Bremgarten when there is an outstanding version from the maestro Fat Alfie?
Because your work should always be on the best level. And I had the old v1.0 still in my archive. Despite this version has some charm too and is not so limited by fences and stuff. Which makes the Fat Alfie version a bit like a bobsleigh run. I my version you can touch the wood.

right i have a model in .blend and .fbx that for some reason I cant save into an editable kn5.

after exporting the blend/fbx into a kn5, the kn5 will not reopen in 3dsimmed.

tried the usual methods and also converting the textures from png to dds.

if anyone could please help me get an editable kn5 can you kindly dm me.

Last edited:
of course, you seek permissions where possible, but sometimes that is not possible, so giving credit where it is due is always a must. It is a shame you havent released what you have started, it might spur on some interest from others, and with the history of the series, I am sure there are more than just you and me that would be interested in something like this
No problem then. Since there is some interest, I might even share these cars and my championship - probably next week. Just need to fix some stuff and I make it public.
Yes the Estonias from Jurik are nice. With a little bit more quality it could be it.

EDIT: Thanks for the legion tip! I found something: F3 Lotus 1967 and some 1968s I was looking for.

Another way around: for a F2 race in the middle 60´s, u can use Bazza´s Ferrari 158 and Legion´s Lotus 33 as a stop-gap for the Ferrari Dino 166 F2 and the Lotus 48 F2, respectively - the same thing, just need a BOP. I did this also, last year, but I lost these files some time ago.

Last edited:
ASR have updated their 1991 F1 cars.

Physics:
– Small correction on aerodynamics and FBB

Sound:
Introduced new sounds with surround support in VR mode

3D Model:
Updated and improved models in general, specifically below:
– Brabham steering wheel 3D model
– Ferrari new 3D mirrors model
– Fondmetal new real 3D dashboard and display Model
– Fondmetal new 3D mirrors model
– Leyton House new 3D mirrors model, cover engine fix, add new sidepods configuration
– Minardi new 3D mirrors model
– Tyrrell new 3D mirrors model
– Williams new 3D mirrors model and fix cockpit edge
– Dallara new 3D mirrors model and fix sidepods normals

Graphics, configuration and Texture:
– new textures for slick tires
– some general corrections on some textures and skins
– New damage texture

And added a new car (pay mod): AGS JH25B 1991

I love their products but their updates and download methods are quite frustrating. I downloaded the 1991 season file but some of the car folders only include the skin files and no cars? The website says to remove all the old 1991 files and installing the updated files in doing so some of the cars a physically missing.
Did you experience this or am I doing something wrong here?

I love their products but their updates and download methods are quite frustrating. I downloaded the 1991 season file but some of the car folders only include the skin files and no cars? The website says to remove all the old 1991 files and installing the updated files in doing so some of the cars a physically missing.
Did you experience this or am I doing something wrong here?
Their process is kind of confusing. You have to download the individual (free) car files. The “DLC” download is the Coloni car+all the extra skins for the other cars.

Majura Valley Motorsports Park from IC updated DaBaeda and CrisT86
New Trees and Objects, GrassFX, RainFX, TreeFX and Cams
Addons from CrisT86

With that version I see white trees, but not seasonal ajustements active, I dont know why

Would anybody here have a guide or Advice for converting GTR2 cars into AC? I'd really like to start doing car conversions of my own. Any help would be great.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back