Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,209 comments
1) car setup: could be you have made a setup change on the one track (which then loads always per default as last used setup for that track), and on the other track your car has a default setup still?
2) on one track you drive with extended physics turned off , on the other on ? (if you use presets open them both in Drive tab and see if the checkbox is same for both)
3) the ffb multiplier : I'm not sure it is saved on car , or on combination of track+car ...
make sure you have ffb multiplier % the same on both tracks. (if you didn't do already , assign buttons on the wheel to change the multiplier on the fly... pretty handy!)

Check those 3 cases , otherwise I would not know how to explain it... maybe someone else has a 4th possible road to explore.
same conditions on each track, same car, same FFB, same setup as it was the default setup for the car. That doesn't change the atmosphere that just feels off, but it's all good, I have the Neil Shaw version which Rainmaker did the update for, the dabaeda one went to trash since there was no point keeping them both

Last edited:
same conditions on each track, same car, same FFB same setup. That doesn't change the atmosphere that just feels off
Seeing a balloon in the sky wouldn't change the feel in your steering wheel.

I'm just trying to help you figure out where the different feeling comes from...
if you say that it feels less flat I take it you feel more through the ffb wheel... and not in general your feelings regarding the track. When you are reffering to those kinds of feelings , I would say "des goûts et des couleurs...

Anyways I'm sorry I couldn't help you then.

I could need some help:

In short:

I can't change (sequential) gears as soon as I'm entering the pit lane, not even after stopping in the box.
Same issue when I start from pits (on and offline): car stays in neutral, whatever I try.

I had this issue last year, but can't remember how (or even if) I managed to fix it.
Anyway, it's back now after a reinstall (upgraded PC).
  • H-shifter cars: no issue.
  • Not car/track related, happens with every seq shifter car on any track.
  • Auto clutch is disabled in PRO setting.
  • All controls checked, all OK.

Can't think of any solution atm.

Any thoughs please ?

EDIT, got it working again after reinstalling CM / CSP / SOL...

Last edited:
Schleizer Dreieck update

Sorry, Beez had to take a short break. ;)
I've come quite far, but there's still a lot to do.

Anyway, someone pointed out to me that the 100th anniversary of the Schleizer Dreick was just celebrated.
So I looked for a current config etc., but found none. :boggled:
Now I've started working on one of gilles75's tracks again in order to get some more out of it.
Although, again, a new conversion would certainly make more sense. But that will have to wait. :)

Here is a config, vao-patch, new map and new surfaces.ini. But the originals are also available, renamed, and can be easily restored if desired.
Config contains of course grass_fx, rain_fx and some brightness adjustments and fixes. The skin includes fixes to the horizon to avoid the thin black lines that can be caused by the config.

I also fixed a lot of wrong vertex normals, but for the most part that only works in the kn5 file. Unfortunately, I can't simply share it.
But that's why all the rest is here. :)

The pictures are before and after comparisons.

Have fun with the changes I made. :)
I hope I didn't make anything worse. Unfortunately, there was no time for long testing because of working on Beez and RL. :)

1687262575985.png
1687262594966.png

1687262630342.png
1687262649313.png

1687262663250.png

Attachments

• schleizer_config.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 32
Does anyone know how to edit the sun specular for a specific track surface?
If you want the easiest way, via ext_config.ini, put this in there and replace the right materials or meshes and the values you like:

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= corrected shader settings
MESHES=
MATERIALS=
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 1

If you want the easiest way, via ext_config.ini, put this in there and replace the right materials or meshes and the values you like:

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= corrected shader settings
MESHES=
MATERIALS=
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 1
Amazing, do you know also how to increase grassfx lod? On some tracks grass is generated everywhere but on others the grass is generated only to a certain distance and it's quite horrible

UPDATE Dijon-Prenois 2016

v3.3
  • recovered pit marker
  • optimized AI side lines for GP layout
  • fixed glass for some track side vehicles
  • new road shader
  • updated loading screens
  • fixed normals for pit building, no black areas more
Thanks Gunnar333 for advice.

bgr01.jpg

Screenshot_ks_praga_r1_dijon-prenois2016_20-5-123-18-14-29.jpg

First of all, thanks once again for share...

I take this opportunity to comment on a small problem that happens with some mods, in this case with the interior rearview mirror of the Lancia Stratos (another of my wet dreams of youth)...

Sometimes, the image of the asphalt is reflected in some elements of the interior of cars; the white lines, the pianos, the grass (yeah, I'm always off track limits 😅), etc, etc, which is annoying and unreal. It usually happens in structures like carbon parts of the interior, or in the roll cage bars, usually with shiny surfaces, but it had never happened to me with the mirrors. In the interior rearview mirror of this Stratos, in addition to reflecting the correct rear image, you can also subtly see the texture of the asphalt, the starting lines, the pianos...

Is there an easy way to correct this effect? And if so, could someone explain how to do it step by step? I would like to learn how to solve these little nuisances...

Last edited:
Seeing a balloon in the sky wouldn't change the feel in your steering wheel.

I'm just trying to help you figure out where the different feeling comes from...
if you say that it feels less flat I take it you feel more through the ffb wheel... and not in general your feelings regarding the track. When you are reffering to those kinds of feelings , I would say "des goûts et des couleurs...

Anyways I'm sorry I couldn't help you then.
why would you assume a balloon in the sky is the issue? That is just part of the not right ambience.
Yes it feels flat, same setup, same ffb but it goes beyond just the ffb feeling and beyond the balloons. Yes they dont belong there, and apparently its easy to remove them, though I'm lost on how. Doesnt matter, I dont use that track when there is another one that has the feel and the vibe of the real thing. I gusss I cant put it in words properly.
Thanks for trying to help, but as I said, it's in the bin, as I have one that feels more "right"
Not sure what your french or whatever language that is, says.

Last edited:
This time the year is 1970. Continuing with tests/adjustments/adaptations/BoP of the cars from the 24h Le Mans. (what we have and what can be adapted/created).

PORSCHE 917LH / Elford-Ahrens - Pole Position

FERRARI 512S Coda Corta / Moretti-Manfredini - 15th quali

ALFA ROMEO T33 / Galli-Stommelen - 13th quali

FERRARI 512S Coda Lunga / Ickx-Schetty -6th quali

PORSCHE 917K / Siffert-Redman - 3rd quali

Hi. Which one McLaren F1 is the jest best? I found this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/sisjwsqjj5908ix/ad_mclaren_f1.7z?dl=0
but it has no wipers removes rain drops effect.

Which McLaren Artura is the best one? I found binarny motors which is not available on their discord and RemZonda which looks the same.
For the F1 , personally my favourite is the GTR EVO by Kunos / edited by ATS .
I added TC to be able to keep this beast on the track,
and also swapped the shift animation for a better one. Has working wipers as well.

You can download it here.
1687333276034.png

and also swapped the shift animation for a better one. Has working wipers as well.

View attachment 1266852
My personal favourite is Tidy's

anyone has a tool to recommend for mass/batch compression of dss files?

reason I ask is I saw a massive possibility for storage reduction!

For example I took this 64MB skin dds
1687335411123.png

size on disk already smaller then actual size because of LZX compression with the CM Compress Tool !
It only takes 4MB of space on my SSD.

compressing in GIMP, made size on disk increased to 21.3MB (same as actual size ).
After running the LZX compression in CM again to recompress , it now shows:
1687335534507.png

So I gained almost 50% !
I know this is an extreme case and I won't be able to bring down my entire content/cars folder by 50%
but still it will make a huge difference if I find a way to batch compress DDS files ...

Last edited:

View attachment 1266852
Why would you stick TC on a car like that? That's like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa 😂

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back