Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,305 comments
Guys, I have a car that in 1st person cockpit view, there are goggles in front of my face/view. Is there a way to disable that?

Hi Teddie! Check the driver3d.ini in the cars data-dir. There should be lines like this:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:Driver_Body_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

But of course without knowing what car your are talking about, I cannot tell you what is missing. Of course you also can move your "head" a little bit forward to avoid seeing the glasses, but that is just a bad workaround.
in CM Showroom , you can go to car tab and click the checkbox to show driver...
then you can go 1 step back (clicking the arrow left ) and then click on the driver part that is visible, then you get the name of the mesh you need to enter as NAME in the HIDE_OBJECT_ sections (above example).

1713793681609.png

For completeness, in case
- you cannot unpack the data.acd file (encrypted mod) so you can't recreate the data folder and change the driver3d.ini file
OR
- you do not want to unpack / repack the data.acd file because you wanna be able to join online sessions with this car

you can add in a ext_config.ini file something like:

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_helmet_cuir ;your own choice of driver
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET ;the object you do not want to see in FPV

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE ;the object you do not want to see in FPV

this will overrule the driver selected by the author , and hide the parts in FPV which you want...
Cosmetic changes like driver etc. do not affect the performance and should be OK to change even for online use.

UPDATE

Fiddled around with the 'Chaser Camera' some more, seems like the issue was the 'Pitch' option. I zeroed it out and now its giving me results I'm much more satisfied with.
View attachment 1349161

Can't recall changing it before, but I suppose something must've changed when moving stuff over.

Thanks for the help regardless!

Now all that's left to solve is why applying a steering lock is causing physics freakouts like this when rendering previews through CSP mode..
View attachment 1349162

Keep Dancing...

jey-uso.gif

Last edited:
I'm having a very recent problem with the ai cars rejoining the races, after teleporting back to the pits when spinning out/crashing.
In CSP’s ’NEW AI BEHAVIOR’ tab, I have the ‘Get back to the race after going to pits’ box unchecked, but now they’re still leaving the pits.
I’m running CSP version 0.22.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused:

Hmmm, at least I'm not the only having this issue... A bit better than being alone with a problem

Aye, it's even doing it for me with 'new AI behvaiour' off so it's a baseline CSP thing, not even related to that module sadly.

Hey guys, does someone know about a kinda good F1 1998 mod?

Once there was a SD one but it was old and outdated, and I was wondering if the cars of that season are even in the game as a full mod?

Hey guys, does someone know about a kinda good F1 1998 mod?

Once there was a SD one but it was old and outdated, and I was wondering if the cars of that season are even in the game as a full mod?
there's a 1998 Ferrari F300 and a McLaren-Mercedes MP4/13 both by "Virtua Simulazioni, Updated by Ponz" (no version number)

Both are pretty nice, sound and drive well... but the Merc does have floating digital instrument texts (prob only issue when you use VR).

youtube vid incl download link (direct link : download)

edit : There's also a 1998 pack for sale here , but I haven't bought it ... so can't say if it's good.

Last edited:
there's a 1998 Ferrari F300 and a McLaren-Mercedes MP4/13 both by "Virtua Simulazioni, Updated by Ponz" (no version number)

Both are pretty nice, sound and drive well... but the Merc does have floating digital instrument texts (prob only issue when you use VR).

edit : There's also a 1998 pack for sale here , but I haven't bought it ... so can't say if it's good.
That is the SD pack

Hi everyone.

So, I have a GrassFX issue at Silverstone when using Pyyer's F1 2023 extension. Grass appears on top of some of the outside curbs. Does anyone know how this could be fixed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_ks_silverstone_22-3-124-20-59-40.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_ks_silverstone_22-3-124-20-59-40.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Teddie! Check the driver3d.ini in the cars data-dir. There should be lines like this:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:Driver_Body_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

But of course without knowing what car your are talking about, I cannot tell you what is missing. Of course you also can move your "head" a little bit forward to avoid seeing the glasses, but that is just a bad workaround.

then you can go 1 step back (clicking the arrow left ) and then click on the driver part that is visible, then you get the name of the mesh you need to enter as NAME in the HIDE_OBJECT_ sections (above example).

- you cannot unpack the data.acd file (encrypted mod) so you can't recreate the data folder and change the driver3d.ini file
OR
- you do not want to unpack / repack the data.acd file because you wanna be able to join online sessions with this car

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]

this will overrule the driver selected by the author , and hide the parts in FPV which you want...
Cosmetic changes like driver etc. do not affect the performance and should be OK to change even for online use.

Analyse the car, then one-click to fix the driver parameters where prompted.
You may need to unpack the car data first.
Guys, thanks much for the help. I'll try this out tonight. They're not encrypted, so I should be good. Although I've never raced online in AC. Do we have an online racing league for GTPlanet AC bros and sistahs?

the 1998 Mod is just a poor F1 Challenge/Rfactor Conversion . For that money you get probably R-Factor 1 and download for free the F1 1998 Mod from GPTEAM , including Seasons from 99 until 2013

I've had these GATC cars for years now... I was going to set up a custom championship but cannot find any info on 'GATC' as a motorsports series.

I know the car names are made up (like VRC and RSS do), but do these cars represent a racing series in real life? I tend not to create "fictional" championships, so I'm hoping someone knows what exactly these cars are supposed to represent in the real motorsports world.

Help the old man out if you have info. Thanks.

2024-04-22 15_08_25-DRM BMW 2002 Turbo '77.png

I've had these GATC cars for years now... I was going to set up a custom championship but cannot find any info on 'GATC' as a motorsports series.

I know the car names are made up (like VRC and RSS do), but do these cars represent a racing series in real life? I tend not to create "fictional" championships, so I'm hoping someone knows what exactly these cars are supposed to represent in the real motorsports world.

View attachment 1349293
Nope, all fictional... :)

View attachment 1349293
These are some Italy fictional TCR spec cars made by LPdesign. Doesn't represent any real TCR series or cars.

Hi everyone.

So, I have a GrassFX issue at Silverstone when using Pyyer's F1 2023 extension. Grass appears on top of some of the outside curbs. Does anyone know how this could be fixed?
Let me see if my patreon account is still active for him and if so, i'll download the extension and fix it for you.

EDIT: Little bit of a problem. It's not his extension that's the issue. It's the way the track is setup by Kunos. Those meshes are marked as a grass material so when you setup the grass_fx to spawn grass on the grass material, those curbs spawn grass as well. Typically you could occlude those meshes from the grassfx, but they are a part of a bigger mesh that includes some actual grass areas. If you occlude that mesh, then some grass areas won't have grassfx. I'm going to have to make an addon kn5 file that separates the meshes into two parts, one for the curbs and one for the grass areas. Then I can occlude the curb meshes.

Last edited:
Let me see if my patreon account is still active for him and if so, i'll download the extension and fix it for you.

EDIT: Little bit of a problem. It's not his extension that's the issue. It's the way the track is setup by Kunos. Those meshes are marked as a grass material so when you setup the grass_fx to spawn grass on the grass material, those curbs spawn grass as well. Typically you could occlude those meshes from the grassfx, but they are a part of a bigger mesh that includes some actual grass areas. If you occlude that mesh, then some grass areas won't have grassfx. I'm going to have to make an addon kn5 file that separates the meshes into two parts, one for the curbs and one for the grass areas. Then I can occlude the curb meshes.
I'm not sure to have understood right the issue, but by set this values

MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.75 ; how saturated (with green) should the surface be (not real saturation, could be more than 1)
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.01 ; offsets target color from green to yellow and red, if set high enough
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -5 ; minimum luminance to spawn grass on
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 2 ; maximum luminance

you can determine how and where let the grass spawn on meshes that may can include in one grass, roads and gravel at the same time.

The value above are the standard i use in all my configs.

How can I adjust the mirrors on T-cam view? There´s no problem with them in cockpit view, but I want to drive with T-cam and mirrors look like this

Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_db_barber_motorsports_park_22-3-124-14-8-6.jpg

shi
Dunas 1981 v1.02
View attachment 1337319
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from RACE07.

-CSP recommended
-25 pit/start
-AI, cam

Note;
Trees were not included in the original track.
If you want to restore the original look,
delete the dunas_1981_tree.kn5 entry from models.ini.

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by entrevias
-Thanks for creating this track and making it freeware.
RACE07 Converted by Sergio Hundo
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
fast_lane.ai, sidelines, drs_zones.ini by formulaHEINE
ai_hints.ini by IMEAN
logo.png by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
trees, marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

v1.01 changelog;
-New fast_lane.ai, sidelines, drs_zones.ini by formulaHEINE. (Thanks!)
-ai_hints.ini by IMEAN. (Thanks!)

v1.02 changelog;
-Fixed ai_hints.ini.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Wellington 500 v1.2

v1.2 changelog;
Updated fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Deleted ai_hints.ini.
Fixed holes in the road surface. (Thanks Josuracer for the report.)

Dunas 1981 v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-Fixed ai_hints.ini.

I have attached a zip file so that you do not have to download the full package.
Overwrite ai_hints.ini in the data folder.

Attachments

• ai_hints.zip
    341 bytes · Views: 2
I'm not sure to have understood right the issue, but by set this values

MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.75 ; how saturated (with green) should the surface be (not real saturation, could be more than 1)
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.01 ; offsets target color from green to yellow and red, if set high enough
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -5 ; minimum luminance to spawn grass on
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 2 ; maximum luminance

you can determine how and where let the grass spawn on meshes that may can include in one grass, roads and gravel at the same time.

The value above are the standard i use in all my configs.
I will try that and see if it gets the grass off the curbs. Thanks for this before I waste any time trying to separate meshes.

EDIT: Didn't seem to work so I went the separated meshes route.

Original:
original.jpg

No Grass:
nograss.jpg

No Grass and lighter:
nograss_lighter.jpg

@giorgos_nes

Give this a try and see if it helps. Don't worry, it only replaces one file from Pyyer's mod and I included the original that you can rename to go back to how it was before.

ks_silverstone_grassless_kerbs

If you'd like to use this for the base track (because the kerbs on the stock layouts spawn grass as well), there is a folder in the package named 'extension_file_for_regular_track'. Here's where it gets a little confusing. If you already have an extension folder with an ext_config file in it, copy the code from my included file and paste it at the bottom of your current config. If you don't have an ext_config file already, just copy the one I included to the tracks existing extension folder.

I'm not sure I matched the kerb brightness correctly to how it was before, but you can mess with the shader values to adjust as needed. If you are not sure what I mean, just send me a PM and i'll explain it.

Last edited:

View attachment 1349190

OR

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]

wait what? data.acd can be encrypted now? I thought csp devs said they didn't want to do it because nothing justify encrypting data.acd, it doesn't contain manufacturer data worth protecting.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back