Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,674 comments
@Scaff - Good review. We have similar issues on the PC. We can adjust the FoV and see the numeric value in degrees, like you can on console. One difference is when we do a tilt, I believe they do show a number. If I remember correctly, your view starts at 0 and as you click it can go -1, -2, -3, etc. or 1, 2, 3, etc. but like many other settings in Assetto Corsa (I'm looking at you dampers/wheel rate/ARB) I couldn't tell you what the hell a -1 or +3 actually means. Maybe it's degrees, but I have no clue.

Did you do a review on the last update yet, Scaff? Cars or Features? I enjoy listening to other people's views on the cars that Kunos puts into our garages.

P.S. Before anyone gets all huffy, I know that sometimes the ARB does have a proper value. The same can be said of all of the car settings. Sometimes they make perfect sense. Sometimes I have no idea what the hell each value represents exactly. I know if I'm increasing or decreasing stiffness, height, length, etc. but it would be so nice if there was some freakin' uniformity here. This better be in the Top 10 of "must get straightened out" in AC II, if it happens some day.

@Scaff - Good review. We have similar issues on the PC. We can adjust the FoV and see the numeric value in degrees, like you can on console. One difference is when we do a tilt, I believe they do show a number. If I remember correctly, your view starts at 0 and as you click it can go -1, -2, -3, etc. or 1, 2, 3, etc. but like many other settings in Assetto Corsa (I'm looking at you dampers/wheel rate/ARB) I couldn't tell you what the hell a -1 or +3 actually means. Maybe it's degrees, but I have no clue.

Did you do a review on the last update yet, Scaff? Cars or Features? I enjoy listening to other people's views on the cars that Kunos puts into our garages.

P.S. Before anyone gets all huffy, I know that sometimes the ARB does have a proper value. The same can be said of all of the car settings. Sometimes they make perfect sense. Sometimes I have no idea what the hell each value represents exactly. I know if I'm increasing or decreasing stiffness, height, length, etc. but it would be so nice if there was some freakin' uniformity here. This better be in the Top 10 of "must get straightened out" in AC II, if it happens some day.
I've not had time to get one done on the new update / cars yet, will be working on it soon.

I mentioned lack of numerical values in another thread. Not a huge issue but would be handy, especially as I've come across a bug or two and it hasn't saved my setting. I went online yesterday in the Supra Drift and my driving view was set in the passenger seat. Also I'm dubious about autoset adjusting to your own TV. In the Porsche GT3 my autoset set me to the height of a 5 year old with my face on the steering wheel.

Good 2:40 min Lamborghini Huracan GT3 battle with the AI at Highlands .
I'm the Black one against the orange AI alias fernando ... nop not Alonso he is in America doing the Indianapolis 500 miles on the 28/05/2017 .

That Dutch Orange one could be me. Bringing the Max Defense Driving Style in practice and sometimes a little too aggressive overtaking but at the end Sven is always faster then me :lol: Well done and real fun to watch this race 👍. AI level is very ok. Agree?

That Dutch Orange one could be me. Bringing the Max Defense Driving Style in practice and sometimes a little too aggressive overtaking but at the end Sven is always faster then me :lol: Well done and real fun to watch this race 👍. AI level is very ok. Agree?
Hmmmm about the AI....Ok they are not bad at Ver 1.14 but they are a bit slow at the highlands .
The new 1.15 can't come s....n enough to PS4 , seems to be a good improvement regarding the AI .

Sometimes starting in the last position isn't the best idea in the world.

EDIT: I don't have AC on console...not sure if this would go over the console limit for number of drivers. :sly:

what a swarm of cars. Did you collect all race cars available on the globe and put them in one race. Great to see!
I have multiple PS4's and can try to cascade them in parallel mode and then cumulate all the max number of AI available per PS4 into the master PS4 and then fire up AC. haha keep on dreaming :confused:

But also on PC you need a beast of a config. Right?

EDIT: I don't have AC on console...not sure if this would go over the console limit for number of drivers. :sly:

:lol:
Reminds me of the Nurb 24hr.

My guess is the one with the arrow is you.........maybe:confused:
Capture.JPG

?????

@FPV MIC - I appreciate you not assuming I was that sorry sack coming up the rear. :lol: Just the idiot who couldn't keep it on the track. :D

sES0BRb.jpg

This is from a free mod on Race Department: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nordschleife-108-grid-spots.15493/

From the creator:

Funnily with my PC I had no problems with the GPU. I have a GTX 970 and normally I run max details @ 60 FPS. With 108 cars at the start of a race (!) it were still >30 FPS. My CPU, an Intel i7 6700K couldn't cope with calculating 108 car physics (AI) in realtime, so the game was going in slow-motion. With 60 AI cars I had no problems with the CPU.
For online use it should perform even better - I'm already planning a one-off VLN multiplayer race over @ virtualracing.de. Let's see if we can organize a race with >100 participants - details on that will follow at a later point.

I do plan on giving this a shot - probably this weekend. I doubt my laptop will be able to handle 108 cars. I'm on an i7 CPU, but it's from 2015 and my 2x965m(SLI) cards probably won't matter. But, if I can run 50 cars with no hiccups I would be very happy. :)

Back