Aston Martin Will Help You Build the Supervillian Lair of Your Dreams

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 36 comments
  • 7,901 views
And just like that, thousands of aspiring money-launderers cried out in joy.
 
Imagine if this was a thing back when Blofeld existed... most badass Super-villain Lair ever
 
I bet, Shmee will do this. You heard it here, first!
 
They sure do like water.
 
God I would go crazy on this opportunity if I had the means :drool:
 
I can just imagine how Batman's Batcave will look after this :lol::lol:
 
tenor.gif
 
Honestly I thought the yacht thing was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard - who's going to make their $1m/ft superyacht look like their £150k sports car - but Q keeps on going somehow. The tower block in Miami is just nuts.
 
Honestly I thought the yacht thing was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard - who's going to make their $1m/ft superyacht look like their £150k sports car - but Q keeps on going somehow. The tower block in Miami is just nuts.

What about that private submarine? And IIRC Lexus has a yacht, too - though at least that makes sense since Toyota has a marine division, like Yamaha, or other Japanese zaibatsus like Mitsubishi and Fuji Heavy Industries, the latter of which is also known as Subaru.

I really wonder how they afford to produce all this stuff. Nevermind selling it! Wasn’t Bugatti only able to sell the Veyron at a loss due to being owned by VAG?
 
What about that private submarine? And IIRC Lexus has a yacht, too - though at least that makes sense since Toyota has a marine division
No, you misunderstand. It's not an Aston Martin yacht (although Aston Martin does have a yacht), it's Q by Aston Martin offering a service to personalise your yacht so it looks like your Aston Martin:
‘Q by Aston Martin’ can help to design and procure luxury items relating to customers’ cars, for example a specific colour matched to the car. This could extend as far as helping the customer’s architect to design their house or the interior specification of a yacht.
Hence my question "who's going to make their $1m/ft superyacht look like their £150k sports car".

That was back in 2012, for reference.
 
No, you misunderstand. It's not an Aston Martin yacht (although Aston Martin does have a yacht)

I don’t get it.
 
I don’t get it.
"Aston Martin" = Auto/car maker.
"Q by Aston Martin" = Custom Design firm provided by Aston Martin.

The yacht in question is not built by Aston since they didn't actually built one (for this service), but actually just customize the existing on the market.
 
Last edited:
"Aston Martin" = Auto/car maker.
"Q by Aston Martin" = Custom Design firm provided by Aston Martin.

The yacht in question is not built by Aston since they didn't actually built one, but actually just customize the existing on the market.
So what does he mean when he says Aston Martin still has a yacht? Like a yacht that’s not for sale, but maybe used for promotion or for parties involving its staff?
 
So what does he mean when he says Aston Martin still has a yacht? Like a yacht that’s not for sale, but maybe used for promotion or for parties involving its staff?
Refers to this. Aston does built one but its not part of the service mentioned on the OP news (unless you already own said powerboat, in which case the service will further customize).
 
Here are few options :
-Command center
-Monorail
-Escape pod
 
You gotta hand it to Aston Martin. In a short few years, they are already rivaling Ferrari, Porsche, & Bugatti in going above and beyond just cars to cater to their clientele. Q by Aston Martin is essentially Porsche Design/Ferrari TailorMade/Bugatti Blue.
 
I want an ejection seat couch thing in my living room.
 
I wonder if they’ll fit Missile Launchers? It’d certainly keep terrorists at bay
 
I don’t get it.
Aston Martin has a yacht.

I was not referring to the Aston Martin yacht when I said:

Honestly I thought the yacht thing was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard - who's going to make their $1m/ft superyacht look like their £150k sports car - but Q keeps on going somehow.
I was referring to the "Q by Aston Martin" personalisation service that will make your own yacht look your Aston Martin, as per this release in 2012:
‘Q by Aston Martin’ can help to design and procure luxury items relating to customers’ cars, for example a specific colour matched to the car. This could extend as far as helping the customer’s architect to design their house or the interior specification of a yacht.
Hence my question "who's going to make their $1m/ft superyacht look like their £150k sports car" - because an Aston Martin is cheap compared to even an extremely small yacht, and the concept that anyone would buy a yacht for millions and keep for a long old time, then want to make it look like one of their several sports cars that they change every few months is baffling.

"Q by Aston Martin" is the name of a personalisation service offered by car brand "Aston Martin". "Q by Aston Martin" works both on customising your car beyond Aston Martin's usual options list, with new colours and materials, but also on customising other things to match the car. "Q by Aston Martin" will customise your luggage, furniture, garage, house, yacht, or plane to match your car. It also offers entire flats/condos in a purpose-made tower block in Miami (everyone who bought one got a DB11; the person who bought the penthouse got a Vulcan).

The article that this thread is the comments thread for reveals another service from "Q by Aston Martin", of creating galleries and lairs specifically for the purpose of displaying your Aston Martin, whether your house is a country retreat, an underground facility or perched on top of a mountain - or it could be your business premises. It's all explained in the article.


Aston Martin also has a submarine, as you pointed out. We also reported on that at the time, last year.
 
James Bond is probably following this.
 
Waiting for my Powerball win, and I'll be in touch ;)
 
Addendum: I showed this to my sister, who's a Project Architect at a Pittsburgh firm, and she describes the photos as being "like a caricature" of design. And I sort of agree - it's almost gaudy, like each design is trying too hard.
 
James Bond is probably following this.

No, no, no. He's just an employee. Alec Trevelyan would be following this.
 
No, no, no. He's just an employee. Alec Trevelyan would be following this.
Or Heinz Doofenschmirtz...

 
Back