(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship | NW48 & Aaroh007 Are Your Driver's Champions!!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 1,971 comments

Which Day/Time Would You Like This To Take Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi gamer, no problem there's usually lot of space in testing sessions. 👍
Tomorrow is group-B focus so it is preferable that you bring these. If we have time maybe we could try a mock race with both group A & B cars if there's enough people.
Your spot is locked-in for the series.

Sorry guys, it's Valentine's on Saturday lol. There is NO way I'll be allowed to get onto the Sony that night haha, I already got in trouble for having some practice really late on our anniversary night couple months ago:P. Duty calls!!
No problem, Pubs! The ladies are important on this day, I managed to get it all done yesterday on all of the days, Friday the 13th. :lol: So I'm all set for tonight.

Hey everyone here,
and hi David,
I would like to try to race in the tests tomorrow if there are spots available...
I would gladly take part in a friendly time-zone hosted series like this.
You are more than welcome to join us for testing and if you want, the series. As David said, we are focusing on the Group B cars, so bring a few of those along if you can make it.

I BoP tested all the Group B cars at Silverstone this week. Here are the regs I made for them...
1423875325111-603191206.jpg

All the tested cars have a 100/100 ride height, 1.0/1.0 camber angle, 0.00/0.00 toe angle, and a 10/10/10 differential setup. On hard racing tires, all cars got a best lap of at least 2:09.

Lexus IS:
14238755369262036443905.jpg
1423875666475615632380.jpg

Mercedes C 63:
14238757559611002462398.jpg
1423875780284-1403023439.jpg

BMW M4:
14238758660691026548515.jpg
14238758982581555152909.jpg

Hyundai Genesis:
142387598502921273803.jpg
1423876015396-36029420.jpg

I'll run these regs for my cars at the testing session tomorrow.

No problem, Pubs! The ladies are important on this day, I managed to get it all done yesterday on all of the days, Friday the 13th. :lol: So I'm all set for tonight.
Friday the 13th never clicked to me yesterday! Haha.
Lucky man being able to get it done already ;). It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't working 10-11 hours today could've done something during the day. Oh well lol.

Friday the 13th never clicked to me yesterday! Haha.
Lucky man being able to get it done already ;). It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't working 10-11 hours today could've done something during the day. Oh well lol.
:lol: I get ya, you won't be missing much though as Tim & I have just about got the Group B specs perfect with the Hyundai not playing nice, so we're working on that now. ;)

ATCC Announcement

Firstly, I need to thank everyone for contributing to the growth of this series, whether it's just attending a test session or BoP Testing on your own, you've made the series what it is today.

But a special thanks needs to go out to @David Talle and @Timlour for all their work, ideas and general ethic towards the series in its infancy. Without them, I wouldn't look as good as I am and the series wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Now, onto the announcement, the specs AND power/weight/ballast parts that @Timlour posted just above, is what the Group B Specs will be for the series. After extensive testing, myself and Timlour found that these specs were best, keeping all cars within a few hundredths/thousandths of a second.

The new Group A specs will be posted in the Driver's Briefing for the test very soon.

Following on from that, this Pre-Season Test will be run like a Race Day to help get into the routine of things.

-------

The second announcement is that we are adopting a 'different' qualifying method, one that is similar to NASCAR's. Everyone will take part in their respective manufacturers' Pre-Q session held in the ATCC Community Club Events, the Top 6 from each class, Group A & Group B, will advance to a spot in the race. In the occurrence that one Group had less than 6 in the Pre-Q, more numbers will be brought in from the opposite Group to bring the race field up to 16.

------

Watch out for the drivers briefing, which will be posted when the test session is closer to starting

ATCC Driver's Briefing | Pre-Season Test #2
@David Talle, @WanganGhost, @lxmmy, @RESHIRAM5, @Pringles947, @FutureF1, @Cobra_GT500, @Timlour, @Danny99, @J_Cameron, @GTPvw_slc, @Pubs16, @Aaroh007, @gkgamer, @Mikey24, @Tijee, @Doomstorm16

image.jpg

It's close... So close you can almost taste it... The smell of burning rubber, the high-revving engines piercing your ears... It's time. It may just be a Pre-Season test, but everything is on the line. The crowd is filing in and the green light is at the ready... The ATCC is open for business. A new generation of Touring Car Racing is about to set the Gran Turismo racing scene alight.

Lets get on with it!

Estimated Schedule
Room Opens ~ 9:30pm GMT+10
Tech Inspection ~ 9:40pm GMT+10
Cars Allowed on Track ~ 9:41pm GMT+10
10:00pm GMT+10 ~ Test Race 1 Begins (5 Laps)
10:15pm GMT+10 ~ Test Race 1 Concludes
10:35pm GMT+10 ~ Test Race 2 Begins (7 Laps)
10:50(Ish)pm GMT+10 ~ Test Race 2 Concludes
11:30pm GMT+10 ~ 30min Enduro Starts
12:00am GMT+10 ~ Race 3 Concludes/Testing Concludes

Additional Body Options
This check will form part of the Tech Inspection. Any car that does not have the mandatory custom parts attached, will not be permitted to leave the Pit Lane. For a list of what your car needs, go to the OP

Tech Inspection
This will likely be a lengthy process depending on how many show up. Therefore I ask for your patience and cooperation during the process so we can get through it uninterrupted.

Cars
Unlike what I have said before, this will no longer be specifically for Group B cars. I would prefer that everyone brings their most likely car/s that they will use in the championship, whether they are Group A or Group B, it doesn't matter.

There is no longer any limit in what tuning you can do to the car in regards to Suspension/Transmission/LSD/Downforce as we have exited the BoP Testing Phase.

Specs & Power/Weight/Ballast parts for Group B cars will be exactly what @Timlour posted above.

Specs for Group A will be;​
Mustang- 620PP // 705BHP // 1321KG
Vette- 597PP // 567BHP // 1321KG
GT-R- 597PP // 540BHP // 1394KG

To achieve the new BHP/PP specs, only adjust the Power Limiter accordingly.​

Power/Weight/Ballast parts will stay as they are currently for Group A cars.

Contact of Cars
Regulations regarding contact will remain the same as they are stated in the OP.

Qualifying
There will be no qualifying due to the fact it is just a test session.

----

I hope to see as many people as possible there as, the more people, the better the chance for this series to go on and start ASAP, and if you haven't sent me a friend request, do so before the test session starts so you can be invited into the Community Club.
image.jpg

:lol: Racing Hards for both Group's.
Alrighty then. :lol:

There is no longer any limit in what tuning you can do to the car in regards to Suspension/Transmission/LSD/Downforce as we have exited the BoP Testing Phase.​

I can't find this anywhere in the OP?

@Mikey24;

These are the parts, ignore the Power Limiter as that has changed since I've made new regs;

Corvette
image-jpg.296309

image-jpg.296310

Mustang-
image-jpg.296311

image-jpg.296312

GT-R
image-jpg.296314

image-jpg.296315

The New Specs;
Specs for Group A will be;

To achieve the new BHP/PP specs, only adjust the Power Limiter accordingly.

@Mikey24;

These are the parts, ignore the Power Limiter as that has changed since I've made new regs;

Corvette
image-jpg.296309

image-jpg.296310

Mustang-
image-jpg.296311

image-jpg.296312

GT-R
image-jpg.296314

image-jpg.296315

The New Specs;
Specs for Group A will be;

To achieve the new BHP/PP specs, only adjust the Power Limiter accordingly.

Ah right, thanks @NW48! :)

Ok, room is open 10mins earlier than expected, Tijee is hosting as I had to leave the room to invite @gkgamer.

Providing enough people show up, I will be able to do LIVE updates properly and this'll be the post to find them.

Ok test is over, went pretty well. If any of you (and I think more about B drivers) have comments on the specs or the series just send a PM or post here what you think we should change in the specs and we'll have a look at it. I will check the M4 power issues but if there's any complementary infos you'd like to share before we change or (don't change) anything you're welcome.

Secondly, there was no stewarding because it was testing but once the series starts we will be more looking on track limits and racing behavior.
I'm going to invoke once more on GTP the EmptyBox videos (seriously he should pay me for all this advertisement...). If you don't learn anything from it, fine, but I suggest to watch them especially Group A drivers and people not comfortable with dealing with traffic and multi class racing. Just to be sure everyone is looking in the same direction, if that makes any sense...

Can't be bad to watch either.

Last edited:
Back