Audi R18 Vs Peugeot 908 Vs Bentley 8-Speed Vs Anything Else

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 64 comments
Can I tell you what not to pick? *cough, cough, DeltaWing* Unless of course you like fighting a car to run a clean lap that's 30 seconds slower than cars of the same pp :D

Nissan R92CP is another C class beast as well, I was able to win the GT Championship with it without any problems.

Go look at post #16 in this thread to find some helpful tuning info if you have trouble with this car, but it is FAST.

If you take off all the downforce, it performs just as the real r18, with no additional upgrades (turbos that is..)
The straightline speed, not the overall grip you loose by doing that! But anyways, that's ok PD cant possibly get all 1,200 cars to accuracy. I guess what would be better is to take off some of the old Group C car's downforce. The Mazda 787B should be the car doing 3.35s at LeMans, not the R18 TDI which should be at 3.25 xx for a fast driver. I bet immortal pilot couldn't do a 3.25 with it online with stock trim (winner of 13 online time trials.)

The straightline speed, not the overall grip you loose by doing that! But anyways, that's ok PD cant possibly get all 1,200 cars to accuracy. I guess what would be better is to take off some of the old Group C car's downforce. The Mazda 787B should be the car doing 3.35s at LeMans, not the R18 TDI which should be at 3.25 xx for a fast driver. I bet immortal pilot couldn't do a 3.25 with it online with stock trim (winner of 13 online time trials.)

Although the R18 in game is supposedly the La Sarthe version, it is always possible the car is still in game modelled in the initial higher downforce configuration teams used before Le Mans.

The straight line speed, not the overall grip you loose by doing that! But anyways, that's ok PD cant possibly get all 1,200 cars to accuracy. I guess what would be better is to take off some of the old Group C car's downforce. The Mazda 787B should be the car doing 3.35s at Le Mans, not the R18 TDI which should be at 3.25 xx for a fast driver. I bet immortal pilot couldn't do a 3.25 with it online with stock trim (winner of 13 online time trials.)
No car in GT will ever achieve an accurate grip setting. We either have too grippy tires, and a weak aero engine, or the opposite. I will cherish the day in a GT game where I can do 180 mph going into Porsche and holding full throttle all the way. The stock trim as you describe it, doesn't really mean much. GT modeled the torque way wrong. If you look at on board GT cars, and watch the R18's come and pass them, they fly by incredibly fast. However in GT, it takes a good thirty seconds to pass a regulated GT car. You can only achieve similar torque settings when in the 800+ hp range, which is just ridiculous...

Although the R18 in game is supposedly the La Sarthe version, it is always possible the car is still in game modeled in the initial higher down force configuration teams used before Le Mans.
I once brought up this as well. It could be in the Spa setting, as a very high down force setting is ran at that track. However, 2011 was a very bad year, because it was the first year of implementation for the R18. They lost to the French, but gained a lot of technical information for that years Le Mans. Sadly, as we all know, curiosity to push the limits of that car led to the retirement of two garages.

I wish rather than some random numbers we slide left to right, we can set the down force pressure on every car. Either standard factory setting for the air friction of each car, or a slider adjusting the pounds of downforce created. The LMP's of today, and many other race cars, produce thousands of pound of downforce. So adjusting a slider which we really dont know what the numbers mean is a joke.. almost as big of a joke as not being able to change each individual tire, or not to take tires at all...

My top five LM or Group C racecars (or other unclassified beasts) in GT6 are:

Toyota 7 - just a complete and total beast...at 620 kilos.
Toyota Minolta 88C-V - handles like a dream and very fast
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - probably the fastest car on a track course
Peugeot 905B Evo - turns like a knife through butter, but the torque is horrifically low (494.5 fully tuned)
Mercedes Sauber C9 - I don't use it often because I prefer the Minolta but this car is equally impressive if not more.

Honorable mentions:
Nissan R92CP - kinda hard to control but haven't spent a whole lot of time with it. Seems too powerful for its own good
Chaparral 2J - to me it doesn't seem as sticky as in GT5 but it still is so ridiculously fast
787B Stealth - took a bit of tuning to get it to feel right but now it's very nice
Suzuki Escudo - If you put very high downforce and throw some ballast on this to compete in 650pp races or the 630 hill climbs you will utterly destroy everyone. It sticks to the course like glue, but no matter what transmission, downforce combination I tried, it refuses to go above ~230 mph IIRC.
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car - Wow...just wow. This thing is so smooth you think you're watching a pro drive it. (This goes for the regular non-race car F1 too when tuned properly)

Mazda Furai - holy crap I bought this last night since I loved it so much in GT5. It's even better than before - I was lapping most courses 5-15 seconds faster than my SLS AMG GT3. It just doesn't stop accelerating....if you hit a wall you're back to 180mph in like 3 seconds. Handling is very very good as well. This is a MUST buy for everyone.

I have yet to try a bunch of the super expensive ones in GT6, so there's plenty still out there. Bentley Speed 8, Toyota GT-One, Peugot 908 HDi, AMG Mercedes CLK-LM, Audi R8 Race Car, BMW V12 LMR, Corvette C5-R '00, and my next purchase, Jaguar XJR-9.

No love for the Pescarolos?

Pescarolo Hybrid is actually my favorite LMP out there. I used for 24 mins of lemans and won it first try. :)

Deltawing 2013 is also a very fun car. It may not be the fastest but i enjoy it. 24 mins of lemans with this car had to be one of the easiest races ive done in gt6 yet.

Last edited:
I took the Bentley Speed 8, mind you I already had the Sauber C9 but wanted to drive something new.

@Swagger897, it is impossible to reach 180mph into the Porsche curves, although this is what Mcnish says on the movie Truth in 24.
watch this video :

Yes, but the prototype back then was the R10.

I normally get a peep out of him on twitter so I'll see if I can ask him... Otherwise it could've just been a bluff, but the R10 set faster times than the R18

One of my goals is to collect all the premium LMP and Group C cars.

So far I have the

Audi R18
Sauber C9

Which leaves the

Mazda 787B
Jaguar XJR-9
Peugeot 908
Audi R10

Any I have missed?

If you want a secure bet buy the DeltaWing... since its much lighter than the rest, it saves a lot of tyres and fuel while still going very fast. Easy win for the lemans race for example.

If you want pure crazy speed, I believe the Nissan R92CP is the fastest of them all. Acceleration of that thing is insane, its like a rocket

I'm trying figure out which car to invest into for the gt world championship and the s class races your suggestions?

Hi mate, check this thread, hope it helps you decide => https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-le-mans-prototypes.295752/

Go do the the Redbull X2014 standard championships and buy all of them.

Each of those cars will eat the field if you know what you're doing. There is no best...Well there is if you pick specific characteristics and it's the Nissan R92CP if you want raw speed, but in handling it's the Audi R8.

Personally, I'm in the Bentley because of the balance of handling and speed along with the torque of the 4.0 V8 twin turbo. But you can't go wrong with any car available.

^^ True ^^ ...there is no best. Each has its own 'flavour', or characteristics...as sumbrownkid said, save up & buy them all. They are all awesome in their own way. And you will enjoy the process of acquiring each, and owning every LMP.

I would go the Bentley too if I really had to choose just one....balance of handling & speed.

I had a Sauber C9 but I sold it in order to get the Toyota TS030. Then I got enough money to buy another LMP car, so I got the Speed 8. The main reason why I bought is due to the overall aerodynamic performance, which is better than that of the C9. The power figures are quite impressive, so it doesn't lack in the speed department. In other words, you have a very competitive package

It has very low PP (623 max). Much slower than the typical 700PP LMP

Tried it out in one of the races and actually does the job. In the corners, its just phenomenal. It'll turn in and just shoot right out. Sure on the straights, the others do catch up but they can't touch this car in the corners.

Tried it out in one of the races and actually does the job. In the corners, its just phenomenal. It'll turn in and just shoot right out. Sure on the straights, the others do catch up but they can't touch this car in the corners.
Yes they can. The Audis for example.
The Toyota is awesome at 620PP though. The GT500 cant compete with it

Yes they can. The Audis for example.

Sure didn't seem to when I attempted. I pretty much blew by the Group C cars going into the corners Silverstone. They didn't really seem to get me in the corners, the only trouble I really had was on the straights and even then I just widened the gap back under the brakes and exit of the corners. I don't know if its just my usual aggressive driving (which this car kinda encourages in my hands), but that's what happened with me.

Last edited:
Sure didn't seem to when I attempted. I pretty much blew by the Group C cars going into the corners Silverstone. They didn't really seem to get me in the corners, the only trouble I really had was on the straights and even then I just widened the gap back under the brakes and exit of the corners. I don't know if its just my usual aggressive driving (which this car kinda encourages in my hands), but that's what happened with me.
Are you talking about races against the AI? Its clear AI is slow, they are no benchmark of any sort.

Are you talking about races against the AI? Its clear AI is slow, they are no benchmark of any sort.

When I said "Tried it out in one of the races", I was reffering to a race in the GT World championship (which his what the OP was talking about).

I see a lot of mixed choices.

In gt5 i loved the pescarolo hybrid, awesome handling, even with turbo 3.
In gt6, this car scares me, i hear tirescreech on the first few gear changes, when upgrading the turbo.
so in a corner ( no steeringwheel or pedals) i oversteer and of the track.
That hybrid has lots of torque.

Audi R18 team joest, I lost the nurburg with the pescarolo hybrid on the GT world championship
I won the championship but bronze on Nurburg, Months later drove it with the R18 Team Joest
No turbo upgrade, downforce front max and rear max (600-850) Gear at max (480kmh)
I think i did a oilchange, Anyway, 676pp 813hp and calm driving, not agressive, i fail
when driving agressive on nurburg, I got my last three stars for the International a-licence.

In the superlicence i use the audi R10 TDI a lot, handles not bad.finished 24min Nurburg today
I'm happy, i really really don't like that track.I was surprized, 100%rain and night, and i did not use rain - or intermediate tires, just carefull driving.

Latest Posts

Back