Audi R18 Vs Peugeot 908 Vs Bentley 8-Speed Vs Anything Else

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 64 comments
United States
Massachusetts
pakiman740
I'm trying figure out which car to invest into for the gt world championship and the s class races your suggestions?

With R18 you would need to be either a next Senna or you'll need to tune it for more HP and personally I don't like to modify the race cars in that regard. On Le Mans especially AI will be doing 370-380 with you at 330 - they will gain a ton of time on straights & those two chicanes - AI do them really well too.

I have actually never tried the whole race (just quit after 1st lap) - maybe with AI dumb pit stops one can actually win in the end.

I say against AI either of C class or older LMPs will do but from what I've tested 908 is the easiest to handle - especially with Praiano tuning found in tuning section.

Formula GT

EDIT
actually I really like the peugot 905 too. Not as fast in the corners but has headlights so it will be more useful in the s class races

Sauber C9.
Maybe you'll have to modify the gearbox with longer 1st and 2nd gears, but I won quite easily with it.

I recommend the Sauber as well over the Bentley and R18, for the performance AND a greater field of view in the cockpit. Have not driven the Peugeot yet.

Audi R8 would be [was] my first choice, it is a very good car, handles nicely, plenty fast and not bad on fuel/tires either. Overall it is IMO the best LMP in the game. Behind that i would go with the Speed 8 or the 787B

908 is a good choice. Pretty much any Group C and LMP should do the job. Audi R18 is doable, just needs power and some downforce/transmission adjustments. If you do choose the 908, get the base model, as it ends up with higher power and torque, but still retains the handling of the regular 908s.

There was a thread asking the same question several days ago... anyway, as I said there, the Mazda 787 Stealth was my choice, and it was damn-near perfect after adding a little ballast to the front. The only downside is that if you reuse it for the 24 min of Le Mans, be prepared to pit every other lap for fuel (she's a thirsty beast). I still had no problems winning with it, though.

With R18 you would need to be either a next Senna or you'll need to tune it for more HP and personally I don't like to modify the race cars in that regard. On Le Mans especially AI will be doing 370-380 with you at 330 - they will gain a ton of time on straights & those two chicanes - AI do them really well too.

I have actually never tried the whole race (just quit after 1st lap) - maybe with AI dumb pit stops one can actually win in the end.

I say against AI either of C class or older LMPs will do but from what I've tested 908 is the easiest to handle - especially with Praiano tuning found in tuning section.
Actually, if you just pit a little time in it, it's a great and easy car.

I have no downforce, no upgrades other than the brakes and suspension added, and can do 205 at Le Mans, no different than 800hp with full down force..

All you have to do is drop the car all the way, and put the toe and camber all to zero, because they don't work now... I hit times around 3:33-35 at LeMans on RM tires my fuel goes before tires but I like to pit around 6 on the wear meters...

If you do choose the 908, get the base model, as it ends up with higher power and torque, but still retains the handling of the regular 908s.

Wow, I did not know that.

I bought the 908 base model and I thought PDI simply gave the 908 more power in GT6.

Go do the the Redbull X2014 standard championships and buy all of them.

Each of those cars will eat the field if you know what you're doing. There is no best...Well there is if you pick specific characteristics and it's the Nissan R92CP if you want raw speed, but in handling it's the Audi R8.

Personally, I'm in the Bentley because of the balance of handling and speed along with the torque of the 4.0 V8 twin turbo. But you can't go wrong with any car available.

Go do the the Redbull X2014 standard championships and buy all of them.

Each of those cars will eat the field if you know what you're doing. There is no best...Well there is if you pick specific characteristics and it's the Nissan R92CP if you want raw speed, but in handling it's the Audi R8.

Personally, I'm in the Bentley because of the balance of handling and speed along with the torque of the 4.0 V8 twin turbo. But you can't go wrong with any car available.
Yup... Just about..

(Btw, what part of Lagrange are you from? I'm around there on the weekends..)

I live like right by West Georgia Health Hospital. Don't exactly know what part of La Grange that is because I just moved here a month ago into my older brother's house. He works as a doctor at the hospital.

So would the old Group C cars murder the likes of the R18, Speed 8, V12 LMR etc on a circuit like Le Mans?
Driver, tune, conditions, and car all depend.

A good driver on a good tune with sunny sky, clear track, with a group c will destroy a LMP.
An okay driver on a decent tune with wet tracks in a group c will get destroyed by an LMP, only because of low torque and better turning (IMO)
What you want if you run no aides, is a car that has enough torque to out accelerate you opponents, enough horsepower for speeds of 205 at the 200 meter board at the Forza chicane, and lap times around 3:30-25... You best bet for that, is either a speed 12, or the R18. If you want high torque to just kill everything, a group c. However they are pretty tight turning cars in comparison to LMP, but take the turns at higher speeds, but forgiving at low spees with similar characteristics to the R8 LMS.

It's really easy do it with any car after ten laps around the track in the car you want. My opinion as to what I like is the R18 just because you are at a disadvantage to begin with...

I was thinking more like-for-like. So if you used the existing specs (when you buy the LMP or Group C) which would outperform the other? According to the PP, the R18 would be at the most disadvantage and something like the Sauber C9 would be the best performer....

I used the Delta wings for the 24 minute of Lemans, Nurburgring, spa. Works great, goes faster than the poor Audi R18 which has too much aero drag on the straights in GT6 compared to its life counterpart.

For one of the Super endurance races ( I think the willow springs one) I used the "Rocket" designed by Gordon Murray ( I think not 100% on that). The "Rocket" has incredible tire wear, maybe even as good as the Delta Wing's which is also unreal. The only thing you have to do driving the Delta wing at the 24 mins of Lemans is not to pit and your good to go!! The AI will pitstop numerous times and you'll be nearly a minute up with consistent laps and a little fuel saving.

I used the Delta wings for the 24 minute of Lemans, Nurburgring, spa. Works great, goes faster than the poor Audi R18 which has too much aero drag on the straights in GT6 compared to its life counterpart.

For one of the Super endurance races ( I think the willow springs one) I used the "Rocket" designed by Gordon Murray ( I think not 100% on that). The "Rocket" has incredible tire wear, maybe even as good as the Delta Wing's which is also unreal. The only thing you have to do driving the Delta wing at the 24 mins of Lemans is not to pit and your good to go!! The AI will pitstop numerous times and you'll be nearly a minute up with consistent laps and a little fuel saving.
If you take off all the downforce, it performs just as the real r18, with no additional upgrades (turbos that is..)

Back