Audi VGT inbound

As I said earlier, I did not talk about aesthetics, but about sense of reality, which provides immersion and enthusiasm. With this, the race becomes much more attractive.

IMO, I prefer these fictitious cars than VGT cars. VGT cars look like cars taken from films like Demolition Man, Judge Dreed, Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. I
prefer the Porsche 919 to compete with GM's fictional LMP1 than a futuristic and physically impossible VGT, such as Bugatti VGT.

Look, I know Bugatti VGT exists. But the problem is that any layman knows that NEVER that car will perform as an LMP1, for obvious reasons.

I like coherence and a sense of reality. If the car is fictitious, okay. As long as it is believable and consistent with its peers. This is point.

Anyway, my opinion.

The irony, of course, is that some of those terribly Photoshopped examples use Vision GTs as a basis.

it just annoys me when I try to drive as realistically as possible and then be overtaken by a fantasy car.

Just my opinion

I don't see the problem when the fantasy car can be driven as realistically as possible as well.

it just annoys me when I try to drive as realistically as possible and then be overtaken by a fantasy car.

Just my opinion

Assuming you're driving one of the Hybrid P1 cars, that's not a Fantasy car issue . Those Hybrid P1 cars only have that much power with the system engaged. Without it, they are literally no faster then current spec P2 cars, which are more or less the same power as the old LMP 900 cars only with more downforce.

What seems to be overlooked here is that the GR1 spec VGTs (like the Bugatti, Hyundai, Mazda for instance) don't use hybrid systems like the current P1 cars do, they have higher power by default so soon as the advantage of that system the P1 cars have is gone, they get eaten up on the straightaway. This even happens with the older Pre-Hybrid P1 cars when I'm driving my TS050 against the 908. Sure it gets off the line and corners like no one's business but on a very long straight (like at Monza without the chicanes), that Peugeot is suddenly coming right back by courtesy of that good ole Diesel torque.

Last edited:
My post was not about the "overtaken". It was about the "real and fantasy cars int the same sport mode race".

I could also have written that I find it wrong to have to overtake a fantasy car

Ok but the cars you listed aren’t real either

They’re about as real as the VGTs, just uglier
Where is the rule that cars, real, virtual, fake or otherwise, have to look good?
fiat-multipla-automobile-models-photo-1

LZcfd9qMS7KMZ7Q664SUxQ

R5AZyVQSRCyzmOaLzSZ_EA

OELrYytOTduTcJlLSgK16w

ZFWZS13xTpCKNoQ6gtUL7A

MDxoQiZPTs2IxpiFRUUYIw

Where is the rule that cars, real, virtual, fake or otherwise, have to look good?
fiat-multipla-automobile-models-photo-1

LZcfd9qMS7KMZ7Q664SUxQ

R5AZyVQSRCyzmOaLzSZ_EA

OELrYytOTduTcJlLSgK16w

ZFWZS13xTpCKNoQ6gtUL7A

MDxoQiZPTs2IxpiFRUUYIw

The way they look is beside the point.

The point is that there’s no point saying that you’d prefer other fake cars to VGTs just because they’re VGTs.

They’re still fake in the end

So will the Audi VGT and the Supra race car count towards the free cars we've been getting or will it be like bonus cars?

No way.

Look, The point is that a Vision GT car has measurements, weight, motorization, specs and unique. Each car has its specifics. Each one is very different from the other. So, put these VGT cars to run with LMP1 (with measures, motorization and similar specs), the race is discouraging and without immersion.

That is why I said that it is preferable to create LMP1 fictitious, but with specs similar to Posche, Toyota and Audi. It would be the same as putting a Formula 1 2018 to run with a Formula Red Bull X2010, but limited by the BOP. It would be very frustrating and silly. This is the point.

You want to put VGT cars? Okay, put it on! But do not put these cars as Gr.1. Why? Because they are very exaggerated, futuristic, with specs of their own.

All VGTs should be Gr.X. All. IMO.

I have nothing against VGT. I just want PD to waste time and resources with reliable and plausible cars, like Beetle Gr.3 or Mustang Gr.3, or New Supra, for example. Thats Supra is plausible car! And, of course, with real GTE cars like M8, Ford GT, 488 etc.

Last edited:
Anyway, in the world of people who like things because reasons.

This Audi looks cool. I'm with some of the others thinking it will be all electric.

Now does this mean March update is off the books? I don't think so. It could just be Audi getting their special update in early April and something else later on in the same month. PD only said the current DLC plan is up to March, so anything afterwards may take a new road.

You want to put VGT cars? Okay, put it on! But do not put these cars as Gr.1. Why? Because they are very exaggerated, futuristic, with specs of their own.

Dude, you’re acting like all of the VGTs in Gr.1 are powered by jet thrusters. Admittedly, a few of the VGTs look pretty different to the LMPs of today, but cars like the LM55 don’t look to far off from what the regulations are today, discounting its rotary engine.

Plus, the “specs of their own” part makes no sense. If VGTs are added, PD have to make up their own specs for the cars. If they make original Gr.1 cars for manufacturers, they have to make their own specs for the cars.

I also do not like VGT cars.

But I like some fictional cars based on real cars, like Beetle Gr. 3, Mustang Gr.3, etc.

IMO, if it were to launch fictitious, powerful cars, I would prefer PD to work with automakers to create fictitious LMP cars, such as:

GM:
19a1e9b3d8df86d2492fb75606ba1e7a.jpg

BMW
bmw_mr1_front_by_karayaone-daecq4k.jpg

McLaren
McLaren_LMP1_04.jpg

Ferrari
2a2e15df8099344334d0e40dff4c20de.jpg

Mercedes
mercedes_lmr1_front_by_karayaone-d930z8y.jpg

Volvo
volvolmp1-3-545a4962d681c.jpg
This I would like to see.

I think these examples are much more attractive and fun for GTS users than VGT cars. I think it loses immersion and enthusiasm a Porsche 919 racing with Bugatti VGT. Does not make any sense! There is no point in a Bugatti being as fast and stable on the track as an LMP1 car.

It was preferable to bring those fictional models to the LMP1 than to bring VGT cars to run in the Gr.1 category.

The Bugatti VGT could be added in category Gr. 2.
In your dreams mate. See, there's this thing called "GT3" which everyone is competing in now.

Could not be less excited about another VGT car. I play GTS to race real cars against other real cars. These fantasy cars ruin the suspension of disbelief.

I'm gonna guess you missed all the trailers going all the way back before the closed Beta that showed those very Fantasy cars then because otherwise, you're doing it very wrong then.

I'm gonna guess you missed all the trailers going all the way back before the closed Beta that showed those very Fantasy cars then because otherwise, you're doing it very wrong then.
And every game back to the first Gran Turismo, with its mid-engined CR-X del Sol race car, 550hp 4WD FTO LM, TVR Cerbera LM, Dodge Concept...

Correct. I hadn't played a GT since 3. I saw a couple of the early trailers and don't remember seeing any VGT cars. Wasn't very interested in GTS until I played the demo and got a taste for Sport mode. Not interested at all in cars that only exist as a 3D model or a design mockup.

Could not be less excited about another VGT car. I play GTS to race real cars against other real cars. These fantasy cars ruin the suspension of disbelief.

GT games always have original cars. Maybe you need to look for another game.

VGTs are great and racing the Peugeot LMP1 against the hybrids is as bad as racing a Bugatti against them. Unevenly matched all the way.

Back