Audi VGT inbound

I know we were promised 50 cars by March, but with this update coming in early April, does that suggest the March update will be delayed to early April?

Or does that imply the April update will be small?
It already seems that the update was pushed back to April. The Supra and now this Audi are confirmed for then and I'm sure we'll get a teaser this month.

More likely Gr1 and GrX tbh. Several VGTs had Gr1 variations created, and based on that wing, I'd say this is another

I don't see why not, we have a Peugeot Gr.3 VGT. I guess there's the Bugatti in Gr.1 which is kinda similar?

More likely Gr1 and GrX tbh. Several VGTs had Gr1 variations created, and based on that wing, I'd say this is another
Unless this thing has super-advanced body aerodynamics that aren't being shown in the silhouette, a Gr. version will definitely end up in Gr. 3. The Vision GTs that made it to Gr. 1 were already prototyp-ish or meant to do that type of racing in the first place.

Plus most of the VGT will turn out to be real car anyway in the future.

The batting average for the project suggests otherwise, four and a half years after it was announced.

Are some production cars inspired by aspects of VGTs? Sure. But so far, none have become production models — the Fittipaldi could potentially become the first.

The batting average for the project suggests otherwise, four and a half years after it was announced.

Are some production cars inspired by aspects of VGTs? Sure. But so far, none have become production models — the Fittipaldi could potentially become the first.
Is Supra is become the first 1 since it base of the FT-1 ?

Is Supra is become the first 1 since it base of the FT-1 ?

See above:

Are some production cars inspired by aspects of VGTs? Sure. But so far, none have become production models.

The Supra is perhaps the closest to satisfying the idea, since it borrows a whole lot from the concept. But, the FT-1 wasn't originally a Vision GT anyway; only the racing version was.

I also do not like VGT cars.

But I like some fictional cars based on real cars, like Beetle Gr. 3, Mustang Gr.3, etc.

IMO, if it were to launch fictitious, powerful cars, I would prefer PD to work with automakers to create fictitious LMP cars, such as:

GM:
19a1e9b3d8df86d2492fb75606ba1e7a.jpg

BMW
bmw_mr1_front_by_karayaone-daecq4k.jpg

McLaren
McLaren_LMP1_04.jpg

Ferrari
2a2e15df8099344334d0e40dff4c20de.jpg

Mercedes
mercedes_lmr1_front_by_karayaone-d930z8y.jpg

Volvo
volvolmp1-3-545a4962d681c.jpg
This I would like to see.

I think these examples are much more attractive and fun for GTS users than VGT cars. I think it loses immersion and enthusiasm a Porsche 919 racing with Bugatti VGT. Does not make any sense! There is no point in a Bugatti being as fast and stable on the track as an LMP1 car.

It was preferable to bring those fictional models to the LMP1 than to bring VGT cars to run in the Gr.1 category.

The Bugatti VGT could be added in category Gr. 2.

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really care for the VGT cars. I mean, they are okay, and they certainly look beautiful, but I wish those resources were spent on adding real cars/tracks instead. Just my two cents.

That's fine, except for the fact that the manufacturers' design teams that make the VGT cars don't work for Polyphony Digital, nor do they use up PD's time and resources as you'd think from an in-house car model.

I think there will be a March update but by April we will get a small pack like the first update GT SPORT had.

I agree with this. I also think I may have guessed how the final releases in the pack of 50 will happen.

We have 37 cars so far. I think these 2 cars (Supra and Audi Vision GT) are part of the 50 planned before the end of March (and part of a 3 car mini DLC for which one car will be a surprise perhaps) and we only get to 47 at the end of March, with the other 3 cars including the Supra and the Audi Vision GT coming 9 days later.

I still expect a March update to be released just before Easter with about 10 cars, taking us to 47, the same as we had in December.

It occurs to me that the IsoRivolta Vision GT was one of the first 3 cars released in that mini DLC last year.

If the above was correct, there would be a perfect symmetry in the DLC since it will have gone 3, 10, 12, 12, 10, 3. With a Vision GT car having been included in the first and last mini packs as well, to boot.

Of course, I could just be talking total rubbish :lol:

Regarding the Audi itself, hard to tell from a silhouette (remember the Lotus F1 car that we all guessed :lol:) but it looks like a more practical car than some of the Vision cars have been and designed with racing in mind.

The real license for....fake cars! I gave up Gran Turismo. I want the real Audis

- You couldn't have been playing GT for a while if NOW Fake cars upset you.
- You given up on GT yet you come here just to moan about fake cars. Highly Dubious.
- Literally, every Audi in the game right now is real. Here, let me show you:

Audi TT Cup 2016

Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) 2015

Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2011

Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2016

Audi TTS Coupe 2014

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak 1987

And most recently (Courtesy of update 1.13), the Audi R8 4.2 Quattro:

There's all your real Audis. Ironically as this will be the 4th VGT from a VAG Brand, it will more then likely of course be a "Real Audi" itself ;)

I also do not like VGT cars.

But I like some fictional cars based on real cars, like Beetle Gr. 3, Mustang Gr.3, etc.

IMO, if it were to launch fictitious, powerful cars, I would prefer PD to work with automakers to create fictitious LMP cars, such as:

GM:
19a1e9b3d8df86d2492fb75606ba1e7a.jpg

BMW
bmw_mr1_front_by_karayaone-daecq4k.jpg

McLaren
McLaren_LMP1_04.jpg

Ferrari
2a2e15df8099344334d0e40dff4c20de.jpg

Mercedes
mercedes_lmr1_front_by_karayaone-d930z8y.jpg

Volvo
volvolmp1-3-545a4962d681c.jpg
This I would like to see.

I think these examples are much more attractive and fun for GTS users than VGT cars. I think it loses immersion and enthusiasm a Porsche 919 racing with Bugatti VGT. Does not make any sense! There is no point in a Bugatti being as fast and stable on the track as an LMP1 car.

It was preferable to bring those fictional models to the LMP1 than to bring VGT cars to run in the Gr.1 category.

The Bugatti VGT could be added in category Gr. 2.
No offence but , all of them look kinda awfull

I’m surprised I still have my vision after opening the spoiler good god

No offence but , all of them look kinda awfull

As I said earlier, I did not talk about aesthetics, but about sense of reality, which provides immersion and enthusiasm. With this, the race becomes much more attractive.

IMO, I prefer these fictitious cars than VGT cars. VGT cars look like cars taken from films like Demolition Man, Judge Dreed, Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. I
prefer the Porsche 919 to compete with GM's fictional LMP1 than a futuristic and physically impossible VGT, such as Bugatti VGT.

Look, I know Bugatti VGT exists. But the problem is that any layman knows that NEVER that car will perform as an LMP1, for obvious reasons.

I like coherence and a sense of reality. If the car is fictitious, okay. As long as it is believable and consistent with its peers. This is point.

Anyway, my opinion.

As I said earlier, I did not talk about aesthetics, but about sense of reality, which provides immersion and enthusiasm. With this, the race becomes much more attractive.

IMO, I prefer these fictitious cars than VGT cars. VGT cars look like cars taken from films like Demolition Man, Judge Dreed, Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. I
prefer the Porsche 919 to compete with GM's fictional LMP1 than a futuristic and physically impossible VGT, such as Bugatti VGT.

Look, I know Bugatti VGT exists. But the problem is that any layman knows that NEVER that car will perform as an LMP1, for obvious reasons.

I like coherence and a sense of reality. If the car is fictitious, okay. As long as it is believable and consistent with its peers. This is point.

Anyway, my opinion.
I'd like to hear what about the Bugatti VGT doesn't make sense, so far it sounds perfectly normal to me.

I have only one little wish in case of the VGT Cars: Dont let them race against the Real Cars in the Sport Mode. Put them in a separate group. It kills the whole immersion to drive against Fantasy cars.
I see no problem with it, especially as they aren't exactly the best cars in sport mode either.

I never really understood the problems with the VGTs, really.

We get a bunch of real cars added to the game, it's a-ok. But the moment a single VGT is added to the game everyone loses it.

Back