Aussie Tuners...Shiny new Garage, Shiny new Management

• Thread starter Renoff
  • 581 comments
Hi, I'm ready to tune. I'll admit I like using driving aids but I love tuning cars to be race car replicas. You know a car with roughly same speed as other touring cars but don't have actual race variants in the game. If there's a car you want a race car of let me know, but I'm probably not as good as others.
Oh, by and by I'm from QLD.

Once exams are ovr i will learn to play without aids.

I'm gonna try and make a monaro cv8 race car with r3 tyres but not til next week, will pm them to you once I do.

Right fellow Aussie Tuners, just forwarded my specs to dimplz and waiting on reply for my Monaro race car. BTW dimplz, it was with all driving aids set to zero and at Grand Valley Speedway I achieved a time of 1min 47.996sec. (on the r3 tyres) and description of handling characteristics- slightly oversteers at times unless you're simply trying to go to fast, it's a lot like the race car it's meant to be and is still darn quick. Power= 508kw @ 5600rpm and 898.46Nm @ 4000rpm. Sorry all this wasn't in the pm i sent you, i forgot it.

Look, sorry for the double posting but what is going on here, has this thread gone dead. No one is posting any more but I've seen half you guys on here just not doing anything. I guess what i'm trying to say is..................i'm bored, lol. Give us something to do and I'll get on to it.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Sorry if you got that PM twice dimplz but my computer malfunctioned at an inappropriate time and wasn't sure if it sent. So I'm pretty sure it's ready now, the car is silver btw. I would like to see the faces on them other tuner garages now. lol.

*The face on all member's of RRV's crew is smiling*

Oh, and I think Grey and Leo are doing the same. (My Darkfire can track anything down! Don't let it in your draft.)

AT Holden Monaro CV8-R '04
(690hp) (898Nm) (1376kg)

8octhol8.JPG

Parts To Buy:

Race brakes
Brake Controller
NA tune stage 3
Port Polish heads
Engine balancing
Race computer Chip
FC suspension
FC gearbox
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon driveshaft
R3 tyres
Weight reduction stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Rear wing
Rims (optional)
Oil change

Settings:

Downforce: 30/30

Brake Balance: 3/4

Spring rate: 8.5/6.0
Ride Height: 89/89
Damper (bounce side): 4/4
Damper (rebound side): 8/8
Camber Angle: 2.5/2.5
Toe Angle: 2/2
Stabiliser: 5/5

Transmission settings: first set to default then set auto set then change each individual gear
Autoset: 25
1st: 2.412
2nd: 1.563
3rd: 1.173
4th: 0.899
5th: 0.715
6th: 0.582
Final: 3.460

LSD:
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 55
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids all zero

Lap Record at GVS: 1.42.803

Description: Inspired by the Bathurst 24hr winning 427 Monaro, this Monaro has equal capability to destroy any Ferrari, Lambourghini or Porsche you can think of. With a stroked LS1 making 427 cubic inches, all racing parts, and a custom intake all built here in house at AT, this Monaro makes a stomping 690hp- so be careful coming out of corners. It will necessitate a need for smooth driving but when you drive this weapon right it becomes an extremely fast daredevil not afraid of pushing into the 1min 42s at GVS. Trail braking also works well, so overtaking won't be a problem.

great car!
well set up for me suits my driving stile perfectly. i managed a 1 39.86at gvs with your settings. im not a great reviewer either haha

ill try to imporve it and pm you the settings when possible (i have exams this week) but anyway congrats on the setup, and dont mind rotary, he likes to use scare tactics haha :sly::sly::sly:

Renoff

great car!
well set up for me suits my driving stile perfectly. i managed a 1 39.86at gvs with your settings. im not a great reviewer either haha

ill try to imporve it and pm you the settings when possible (i have exams this week) but anyway congrats on the setup, and dont mind rotary, he likes to use scare tactics haha :sly::sly::sly:

Renoff

Thankyou, I don't know what to say other than how on Earth did you get sub 1min 40? Wow, I'm impressed, I thought my lap were near on perfect. Well done.👍👍 It's good to see you like my car, coincidentally I like it too :sly: Any improvements I'm open ears.
You didn't use rc exhaust nos or r5 tyres did you, just making sure.

Thankyou, I don't know what to say other than how on Earth did you get sub 1min 40? Wow, I'm impressed, I thought my lap were near on perfect. Well done.👍👍 It's good to see you like my car, coincidentally I like it too :sly: Any improvements I'm open ears.
You didn't use rc exhaust nos or r5 tyres did you, just making sure.

Thanks 👍
nope mate just used your settings that you posted and they worked fine. Im in the middle of tweaking settings to make it a bit better (hopefully) but exams and homework have stalled me a bit. Ill post them when ive finalised my settings.
Overall i think you should play with the settings yourself. It is more beneficial if you make it harder for yourself as this will make you get the lines on the track near perfect. When you have mastered that make the settings easier for you and itll be a major improvement on your original time.

Renoff

To be honest, I'm not THAT hard core on the game, I play it for enjoyments sake rather then being the best it can possibly be plus I'm lazy so I've got my setup n I'll stick to it..........to the bitter end lol.

Although............. I could race on R1 tyres for a while then go back to R3s, I've already got them for long races' sake, do you think I'd need to change settings for harder tyres, I sure hope not.

tyres will last almost as long as you just can control your throttle, which is easy with wheel and pedals.. especially if you practice with Speed 12 :scared:

Damn feeble little buttons, maybe I should just try the tranny trick assuming I understand what it is. On R1 tyres there's too much wheelspin in 2nd at the moment to take on the dream car championship which is where I want it to be at, I'll probably make the new settings on set C though so the R3 tyre setup will stay change. Note the only thing I want to change is gearbox nothing else.

mix up the ratios. make some gears shorter and longer. look at your powerband and see where its pullin the most horses and adjust your gear ratios to that powerband

wow that's a lil sloppy way of tuning the gears aint it renoff? no offence.

Here's my method for gear tuning, go to the power/speed hall, go to the 1000 m dash.

now make a couple passes and rough in the gears using the auto setting to get the car to launch well enough on the tires you're running. Now that it's somewhat close, you max first gear so that it's all the way to the left( you have to start here, it saves time later and removes a variable.).

Now go out and run it again, and now you're going to use the FINAL gear ratio to tune 1st so that the car launches hard but so that you can controll wheelspin easily, this will set the final and 1st gear to be close to what you need, you want to controll the rear wheel torque thru gearing to launch at the max torque the suspension,driver and tires can handle.

Now you play with the rest of your gears ONE AT A TIME and try to improve your 1000m time. a good 1000m time usually makes a car work fairly well over a broad number of courses, however your truly fast cars will usually have a gear left to go at the end of the 1000m. my fastest 1000m is in the 18's on sport tires, My new FD is in the 19's i think, most of my cars fall near 20 sec's. awd cars will always kick ass at this though vs any other layout so don't be surprised your stock skyline can rip up your fully modded supra especially if you don't have good throttle control. Remember, to the left on gears is less RWTQ, to the right is more.

Another lil trick, the less rear camber you have, the more rear wheel launching ability you will have. Hope this helps ya'll.

I don't know how that double post happened nor do I care, but what I did recently wit one of my cars that had around 700hp (check it out at tuner challenge it's a CIEN) was autoset to 25 then I think I made 1st and second as wide as possible then modified other gears accordingly to make them evenly spaced so to speak and it worked fine but enough about transmissions this is Aussie Tuners, anyone else want to drive my Monaro?

Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur
Power: 911hp

skyline.jpg

Parts to buy:
RC exhaust
Computer Chip
NOS
original turbo
RC intercooler
Brakes
Brake Controller
RC Suspension