Aussie Tuners...Shiny new Garage, Shiny new Management

• Thread starter Renoff
  • 581 comments
Trial Mountain, mine was at Grand Valley Speedway but I will test yours as soon as I can, TV's currently not available, keep me updated on further improvements đź‘Ť I'll have a different set to use your settings, and remain mine here on the site as I can't pass yours off as mine obviously.

Yes, but feel free to post a modified version of mine if you manage to improve on it; then it will have your handprint in it and I will consider it your tune.

Yes, but feel free to post a modified version of mine if you manage to improve on it; then it will have your handprint in it and I will consider it your tune.

And that's just what I'm doing, through a combination of what made mine great and what makes yours great, I'll trust your lsd coz I don't know much about them but so far I've changed spring rates and damper settings to yours while keeping my toe settings (can be made better) and brakes it's a bit this or that, yours are better for highspeed approaches while mine are better on lower speed approaches, it comes down to- are you an alien to handle my brakes :lol: I will keep working, it's definitely a work in progress, and I've always felt there's a LOT more in this car, even my own laps with the old settings, I'll keep ya'll posted eh? I think the areas of improvement are the toe and brakes/maybe camber as well.

I'd recommend trying the -2 front toe with your rear toe, possibly also decreasing the rear toe out to something more sane like -2.

I'd recommend trying the -2 front toe with your rear toe, possibly also decreasing the rear toe out to something more sane like -2.

Doesn't negative toe in the front promote understeer though, the car's already stable enough. I also found that the car responded well to the extreme toe, if it likes it less toe will only make it harder to turn.

Negative toe on the front will give the car MORE grip mid corner, but cause a slightly slower turn in.

Just, please, try the lower, more sane rear toe levels; It may make the car MORE willing to turn.

Ok RJ let's see you try this setup, it feels the best so far to me.
Suspension
Spring Rate: 13.5/10.5
Ride Height: 90/90 open to debate
Damper bounce: 6/2
Damper rebound: 8/8
Camber Angle: 3.5/3
Toe: -2/-4 I tried -2 rear toe and the car wasn't turning enough
Stabiliser: 7/7
Brake balance: 4/6 (the 3/7 came from using sport tyres, you needed the extra turn there)
Transmssion same as is
Downforce same (max)
Lsd: same as yours 8

This is the only setup that felt capable to me so far, could try different ride heights buts lets see you try this.

Ah what the hell. I'll give it a shot after I get some sleep. Been up too long already (IE up all damn night and it is now light out)

OK see you then, just for the records I tested this setup at Trial Mountain for comparison's sake and this car hates that track, my goodness, this car is impossible to spin wheels in second gear but at TM because of huge bumps I be spinning in third, I didn't feel it gave a good indication of the car's traits, but anyway I stopped the clock in a high 1.17.xxx easily, and by easily I mean I screwed up every corner, dang it. Test at Grand Valley Speedway, capable of sub 1.40.000 quite easily. Also I think I'll have 2 setups, the old one and this one which I shall acredit to obviously being a joint tune between us, simply for the fact that the old one is more stable apart from braking and will undoubtedly be better on tyres. Either way, it's somehow late at night here too, even though we on opposite sides of the world so I'm off to bed soon.

Not late at night... It's 9am.

I've raced with a :few Aussies/New Zealanders before. Damn fast bunch, and I had to be running at 3am. (8:30 for y'all)

I was thinking that it was probably getting a bit late for you a few hours ago.

Not late at night... It's 9am.

I've raced with a :few Aussies/New Zealanders before. Damn fast bunch, and I had to be running at 3am. (8:30 for y'all)

I was thinking that it was probably getting a bit late for you a few hours ago.

Yeah it's past midnight, but did I interpret that correctly? Me a fast driver?Either way, an issue arose with Bunta's Impreza, see tuner challenge thread please, I'm almost finished judging, Bunta's is last car then review each once more then I'm done.
Also I'm still not sure about that front toe on the CIEN, I think it's right but when I have more time I'll play with it more.

Yeah, actually. I'm just slow as ****. (I was commenting on a race I did in GTR2, but in all honesty, you ARE quick)

Answered the problem with the Impreza.

Excellent regarding Impreza, it stands to be up there in the rankings if it's any good, some cars there aren't brilliant so far, not like FF, they were all good for what they were. Now let's see you try this CIEN concept đź‘Ť. Btw, love it how I leave this computer come back ten hours later and you're still on, judging by what you said last night it's after 7pm.

Yep.

Thing is, my schedule is completely back asswards; I rarely see daylight.

Be back in a bit with a test on the hybridized CIEN.

Daylight? Well I don't know what that is but I have to leave soon for family christmas, so I might be here to hear your ideas but I can't test any suggested improvements for a while.........It's certainly going to be one of the quickest cars around that's for sure.

Well, here goes.

It's more controllable under braking than what I had (I need to do more work on the brakes so the 2.5/2.0 camber works) just because the fronts aren't trying to slow down faster than the rears, and it overall feels the best out of all the tunes we've got so far.

2.5/2.0 camber, oh it's more than that, it's 3/5/3.0, we'll get this car right, and my right I mean perfect. What ride height you using, is 90/90 Ok with you or are you still driving higher?

Nonono... It's just that the 2.5/2.0 seems to have more grip because it uses more of the tires, but I gotta work more on the brakes to get that to work well as the fronts gain too much grab.

I tested at 90/90, it's fine with me. (And tested at 3.5/3 and 2.5/2, if the brakes were controllable at 2.5/2, it would be better)

Nonono... It's just that the 2.5/2.0 seems to have more grip because it uses more of the tires, but I gotta work more on the brakes to get that to work well as the fronts gain too much grab.

I tested at 90/90, it's fine with me. (And tested at 3.5/3 and 2.5/2, if the brakes were controllable at 2.5/2, it would be better)

Ok, try braking on a different track to Trial Mountain, it's just too scary, either that or we can post 2/4 then recommend that the driver may modify to suit driving style coz as you seen, early on I was using an insane brake balance quite happily, first I gotta try this camber though.

Edit: On a slightly different note, dimplz here is what I did to you Evo VIII, some of it's very different but it certainly seems quicker.
Parts Added: Weight reduction stage 3
Rigidity increase (not sure if this helps, bought at same time as weight r.)
Brake Balance: 6/7 (6/9 for sport tyres)
Suspension:
Spring rate: 5.0/6.5
Ride Height: 85/90
Damper: 4/8
Camber: 2.6/2.2
Toe: -1/-2
Stabiliser: 3/5
Transmission: same as yours, might be capable of wider though.......
Downforce: 30/20
LSD: Removed, standard one in place.
Naturally all aids still 0
All on R3 tyres: Lap time achieved by me at Grand Valley Speedway= 1.48.662 could be driven faster

Once you get GT4 back let me know what you think, until then feel free to express your concerns with this setup. I dunno why you never had weight reduction but you had everything else so I got it, it needs it.

I know R390's abilities too well.. after all, it was a reply to my fastest car, The Grim R34per.. and that thing is deep in 1'37s on R3's with skilled driver ( STidriver ) :eek: though, we tested both cars on R5's.. and 1'33 was time for R34per, and R390/780GT was just marginally faster. :scared: these cars need a driver who feels no fear.
Unfortunately I have to tell that this is partly false information. While Grim R34per indeed needed those super sticky R5 tyres to achieve 1'33, my R390/870GT goes that 1'32,761 on the usual R3 compound so I think the difference is a bit more than marginal. I never drove it on R5 tyres.

Unfortunately I have to tell that this is partly false information. While Grim R34per indeed needed those super sticky R5 tyres to achieve 1'33, my R390/870GT goes that 1'32,761 on the usual R3 compound so I think the difference is a bit more than marginal. I never drove it on R5 tyres.

R5 tyres are cheating for lap times, they're only good at test course high speed runs and 1/4 miles and the such.
Rotary Junkie, you were right about the camber,(it's because of the stiff suspension, the car doesn't roll over much so it doesn't need as much camber) I like the brakes the way they are and I think it's finished, shall I post the full setup?

R5 tyres are cheating for lap times, they're only good at test course high speed runs and 1/4 miles and the such.

and that is also why that time wasn't put up. It was just a test how fast the car could possibly go with best rubber available. Fastest lap was made by Stidriver ( 1'37.xxx with photo as proof ) which can be found from the post I made at MFT.

and that is also why that time wasn't put up. It was just a test how fast the car could possibly go with best rubber available. Fastest lap was made by Stidriver ( 1'37.xxx with photo as proof ) which can be found from the post I made at MFT.

Yeah I seen that, and I suspected it might have been an alien driving (freakishly good) I need a good driver to take this for a spin........ Anyway, I will very soon post the new setup for the CIEN, in the original post, hey dimplz, can you make a link to it on the first post?

Edit: On page 7, until a new link is made on the home page, the new setup is posted, once again thanks for the help Rotary Junkie and anyone looking at the CIEN you may need to click the refresh button to get new setup.

Its moving along but it, could be a new years special....who know's....there could be a major release of cars 5 or so...???

Its moving along but it, could be a new years special....who know's....there could be a major release of cars 5 or so...???

Alright, maybe one every day so people have a little time to review each one, not that many people do reviews but we have to give them a chance. I hope you have a little chance to try my suggested improvements to the Lancer, it may be overkill (completely different to yours) though, just some suggestions.

Of course I will...all consideration are welcome to make cars better...that should be done in a review

You hear that everyone, reviews. Don't be shy, we make some good cars. If you need proof try the CIEN.

Back