Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Cracked open AMS2 to try the new car, got stuck in a retro thing, and stumbled onto a good combo, Formula Classic Gen 3 Model2 at Imola '72.

I think I see the default fictional liveries in your video. Here is the 1991 F1 season.

lets tease...
1066890_20210803004644_1.png

I think I see the default fictional liveries in your video. Here is the 1991 F1 season.

never installed skins in AMS2,browsing those zips look like they all go in a folder OVERRIDES? so before i hit enter, am i breaking anything?
1627954225328.png

Last edited:
never installed skins in AMS2,browsing those zips look like they all go in a folder OVERRIDES? so before i hit enter, am i breaking anything?
View attachment 1071850
Skins go in the respective car name folder in common/AMS2/Vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries/Overrides. It doesn't break anything. You can backup the default dist.xml file if you wish. Your screenshot is likely replacing the dist.xml file.

Full skinpack is nicer to download and install, obviously.

Last edited:
It's a shame there's no way to edit each AI car's individual performance like you can with AC's Content Manager. It ruins the immersion when you're fighting over PNowhere with McLarens or Williamses while a Lotus is fighting a March for the lead.

Been following a thread on reiza forums about glitchy throttle response, and its a real thing, it presents as some/all cars on default 50% throttle response have no post idle control and suddenly jump up the rev range, (ie: when you are at idle and you just breathe on the throttle it jump up 2-4Krpm depending on the car) and this made the older cars in AMS undrivable for me, the fix is to move the throttle response down to ~20% to make the cars behave the same as they do in other titles.

Not sure if this affects everyone, fwiw im on fanatec V3 pedals, but, also fwiw, i have never had to adjust this in any other game, the upside is I avoided racing these cars in AMS2 before because they were to twitchy coming out of low speed corners or accelerating in low gears, now finally they drive like their counterparts in other games.

YMMV and here is the original thread the issue is being discussed

AMS2, i have NO control at all between 3krpm and ~5.5krpm. it just jumps, throttle response to 18% and it behaves like other games.

AMS1 same car, standard setup

RF2 (not same car but you get the idea)

AC

and the joker prize, R3E, maybe not relevant at all because its a completely different class of car as r3e does not have the classics.

Last edited:
Did your throttle and brake rumblers stop working as well? I noticed mine stopped working the other day.
I just bolted my Heusinkveld Sprints though so I'm on to try those out this evening.

September's Dev. Diary is here. BMW 2002 and Monza are coming later this month, also announced are 2 classic F1 cars and we will find out more about part 2 of the USA pack in the next dev. diary.

Really need to get my cockpit finished so I can get back to this game.

They are being worked on. A small team of people including myself are doing the best we can in light of all the updates which breaks the bootfiles each time. Not to mention any major physics changes.
Good stuff is coming though. That I can attest to. :)
ihave a strongish track conversion/edit background in AC modding, and of late ive become a tad bored of it, so if that smallish group needs some intermittent help (handful of hours a week) im happy to help out, specifically if this method affords a way to add skins to tracks, which are SORELY needed in AMS2

Last edited:
ihave a strongish track conversion/edit background in AC modding, and of late ive become a tad bored of it, so if that smallish group needs some intermittent help (handful of hours a week) im happy to help out, specifically if this method affords a way to add skins to tracks, which are SORELY needed in AMS2
Sadly we can't skin tracks. The tracks can't be altered from their state due to be checked by the game. It's not as open source as AC where you add stuff, it reads it, and next thing you know you're using that stuff.
In order to modify a car, you would have to duplicate that car, and then add it to the game. Tracks are a bit different, that's why you never saw any track mods in PC2. However there is speculation on how to make tracks work, the time spent doing it can be more than worth the effort.
I'm with you, I used to make, mod, update, rework all sorts of stuff in AC but it just got old. AC is still AC and with other titles going above and beyond the capabilities, it made it harder to spend all my time fooling around with text files instead of driving cars.
Also the engine makes it so files are modified through a hexadecimal editor. This is confusing but it's doable.
Your abilities could be beneficial to making AMS2 even greater though.

so I m /in/ and try to push AMS2 because of that full immersion experience. Such an relaxed sim.

Coming deep from AC, spend and modding and skin my life for it. ATM AC is cruel and more unfinished with all those CSP, SOL and dumbs around.
I will share my liveries also here and will contact @Beezer215 to push some GT3 in or give us this custom grid tool.

cheers Xela1

791F3C09-2532-4FE4-8F69-DF9429E01D51.png

so, first bunch if u haven t grab it from RD (AMG Craft Bamboo Indy 8h updated)

preview6.png

preview56.png
preview60.png
preview912.png
preview6144.png
previewBH_18.png

cheers and have a look at Indy 8h - now

Yeah I ve seen it but haven t installed the crack atm. My pcars 2 experience with it wasn t good: ctd all the time.
When there will be a GT3 car I will give the crack another try @Beezer215

I have had no crashes with the bootfiles personally. Seems to run better when the game is installed on a SSD or moreso, NVMe.
They are installed or uninstalled fairly easy but the major problem is that every time the game get's updated, we need a new set of bootfiles and have to add the entries to the vehicle and driveline lists. Small price to pay though for some new content.

There are cars in the works and there is a bit of cation in these releases due to concerns over Reiza's pipeline of releases. GT3 cars can be added to AMS2, just a matter of what gets worked on and finished.
Custom Grid Tool has not been ported over yet.

Thx @Beezer215 fyi. Yes the bootfile issue is the price to pay. Years ago I was fine to edit the bff s to change shaders etc in pc2. fun to see what s possible with madness engine.

But starting this on AMS2 blows the relaxed AMS2 sim away and I ll end up at the status like AC+CSP+SOL+bad MODS = chaos.

Have a good 8h Indy time

Last edited:
Back