Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

ACC has all of it's cars using a sequential. They're all modern race cars.

In PC2 and AMS2, you have to turn off auto-clutch and auto blip and then you have free range to the clutch and shifting and/or miss-shifting if you don't get it right.

I will have to mess with the settings again. When I first got my GT7 going again after many years did try the shifter. Did have auto clutch turned off etc., but did not seem to make a difference. Maybe game has to be restarted.

Will probably get ACC sometime durring the summer.

ACC has all of it's cars using a sequential. They're all modern race cars.

In PC2 and AMS2, you have to turn off auto-clutch and auto blip and then you have free range to the clutch and shifting and/or miss-shifting if you don't get it right.
Not in PC2, the synchro is set to be so strong that a ‘miss shift’ will never occur, it will just add a slight delay to the time it takes to shift.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/best-cars-with-clutch-in-gt-sport.398519/#post-13379634

Last edited:
Not in PC2, the synchro is set to be so strong that a ‘miss shift’ will never occur, it will just add a slight delay to the time it takes to shift.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/best-cars-with-clutch-in-gt-sport.398519/#post-13379634

Thanks Beezer215 and Scaff. I got the clutch to work like it should. Just finished my longest AM2 race so far with A.I at 80/80 on Redbull Ring in GT1 class. Was 25 lap race with one pit stop. Ended up last do to a wreck on lap 20 - good stuff though.

Just read the future developments about America Expansion Packs. Looks like GTLE will be coming, along with the new corvette. Have not baught any AMS2 add on content yet, but those sure look like they will be great.

Ain addition, I did not think a proper wheel stand would make that much of a difference. It certainly does....

Redid my 25 lap race at redbull ring from Sunday in the Mercedes GT1 with A.I at 80/80. Feels great when you have your force feed back, brakes etc. set just right. I was doing really good, start middle of the pack out of the max 32 cars. I had this race on minum of 1 pit stop required.
Was running 2nd by around lap 8. The leader and myself were quickly getting further and further from everyone else. I was in the lead by lap 10. On lap 12 pitted and dropped back towards the back of the field. I thought would not be to much problem to catch back up and finish at least top 10. That is until making my outlap that realized the pit crew did not change my tires. My brake distance and cornering speed was severally compromised. After another few laps decide was not worth it to try and finish. My pit strategy was set to change all tires, so not sure what happened.

Will have to do a ten lap test run with a required pit stop on and see if can get the pit crew to change my tires.

Really good though lap after lap, passing maybe one car. If close enough and get a run comming into/off the corner can maybe pass two cars on a lap.

Back of the field and even the front runners seemed to slow down or I was just getting in the groove. Did not take the time to compare lap times. Might need to dial it up to 85/85.

Games pretty good.

Been also running a lot of laps at the South African 1976 track....really like that track. Can get a good run out of final turn going down the front straight.

Figured out what I did wrong with pit crew not changing tires. I had made a new pit stop profile setting, but apparently the new pit stop setting that I made was not selected before the race was started. This same thing had happened to me before in PC2.

Last edited:
Might want to change the title of your video. It's the M6 GT3. The M4 is coming (in real life) but it's not quite out just yet.
Good point, cheers! Been driving the M4 on iRacing, got them the wrong way around.

Last edited:
I am still not sure why I prefer AMS over AC. Is losing of grip different in AC? Because it looks like it's very different to me and I like AMS style more. But when I asked somebody it wasn't clear if it's different. If you have a wheel, you have same input for everything but on a gamepad, you need to tune your gamepad settings first to have similar experience and maybe I have AC wrong.

I tried this awhile back but wound up refunding it as it just didn't click with me. However with the announcement of the first U.S. pack, custom championships and having some money in my Steam wallet I decided to give it another go. After a short session I can happily say that whatever caused it to not click during the first go-round seems to have been remedied and I can see playing this plenty and will likely get the season pass next paycheck. :cheers:

I tried this awhile back but wound up refunding it as it just didn't click with me. However with the announcement of the first U.S. pack, custom championships and having some money in my Steam wallet I decided to give it another go. After a short session I can happily say that whatever caused it to not click during the first go-round seems to have been remedied and I can see playing this plenty and will likely get the season pass next paycheck. :cheers:
I’m not surprised by your change of heart. AMS2 had a lot of updates and improvement over the past year since it’s release. (I’ll refrain from rant on the definition of v1.0 nowadays.)

I have to say what Reiza have done physics and weather-wise with this update is basically AMS2, V2.0.

I went with the season pass and I must say the DPi from the latest DLC is amazing fun! I am kind of surprised they didn't make the oval layout of Daytona available though considering they already have it modeled (maybe Daytona asks for more money?).

Hopefully the other 2 parts of the "Racin' USA" packs are as good as part 1! :cheers:

I went with the season pass and I must say the DPi from the latest DLC is amazing fun! I am kind of surprised they didn't make the oval layout of Daytona available though considering they already have it modeled (maybe Daytona asks for more money?).

Hopefully the other 2 parts of the "Racin' USA" packs are as good as part 1! :cheers:
I have a feeling that will be coming with one of the future Racin USA packs, as we know one will be focusing on oval racing.

"the first centered around the US thriving sports car scene; the second on its single-seater heritage and the third on the world of oval racing, with some overlap between them adding up to a cohesive whole. We expect to release all three parts before the end of the year."

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-april-2021-development-update.17529/

Last edited:
Do you need a giant killer pc to run AMS2 with all the eye candy set to the maximum?

• on 1080p
  • on 3 x 1080p (triple monitor setup)

Do you need a giant killer pc to run AMS2 with all the eye candy set to the maximum?

• on 1080p
Probably not, it's rather nice on low settings. If you have 3 monitors you don't have average PC I think :D Some people play ACC on 3 QHD monitors and that's a killer. This is fine.

• on 1080p
Nope mine runs great with my set up (in my signature) in 1080p flat or VR.

@Johnnn Does it run just like PC2 or is it more intensive ?
It's better optimised than PC2, despite doing more and looking better.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that will be coming with one of the future Racin USA packs, as we know one will be focusing on oval racing.

"the first centered around the US thriving sports car scene; the second on its single-seater heritage and the third on the world of oval racing, with some overlap between them adding up to a cohesive whole. We expect to release all three parts before the end of the year."

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-april-2021-development-update.17529/

Thanks for the info, it will be interesting to see what gets added considering a portion of U.S. single-seater heritage is oval racing.

Latest Posts

Back