Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

D7E99AB0-4CB8-42E0-BC72-714AB8C4F0A7.png

Attachments

• F8499652-B840-4C00-90A2-444D8D0EFBDA.png
    F8499652-B840-4C00-90A2-444D8D0EFBDA.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
How does this game play on a controller, is it similar to PC2 ? Or better ?
AMS2 is far far away from PC2 when it comes to driving physics and controller/wheel handling -AMS2 feels GREAT. Most cars -especially GT3/E GT1 - drive very well similar to AC and more lively than ACC.

As I m really was a AC fanboy, I switched to AMS2 because of all the trouble AC has -> all times bugged CSP, Mods (non BOP), rusty, crash and trawa …

I almost felt the game, it is really good, but so far I have encountered problems with the operation of my G923: sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work.
So far, I'm trying to reinstall AMC2, configure it from scratch, and so on, but if I can't solve these problems, I'll have to temporarily leave the game, while G923 functionality will be more stable on some PC configs. :boggled:

Last edited:
I almost felt the game, it is really good, but so far I have encountered problems with the operation of my G923: sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work.
So far, I'm trying to reinstall AMC2, configure it from scratch, and so on, but if I can't solve these problems, I'll have to temporarily leave the game, while G923 functionality will be more stable on some PC configs. :boggled:

So I cross my fingers for you to bring ur AMS2 alive and run that green machine above with the well balanced CR8 R and M8

So I cross my fingers for you to bring ur AMS2 alive and run that green machine above with the well balanced CR8 R and M8
After re-install and clear settings up - all is worked now!

The only thing that is a little upsetting is that there is still not much to do in the game. The singleplayer is cool, the bots are hot, but the multiplayer is almost empty.

Don't get me wrong - there is a lot of content and the physics and FFB are fun and good, but the game get some difficulties to lure and reach a larger number of players.

Perhaps the ranking system towards the end of the year + some new content will lure new racers and reboot AMS2. :)

After re-install and clear settings up - all is worked now!

The only thing that is a little upsetting is that there is still not much to do in the game. The singleplayer is cool, the bots are hot, but the multiplayer is almost empty.

Don't get me wrong - there is a lot of content and the physics and FFB are fun and good, but the game get some difficulties to lure and reach a larger number of players.

Perhaps the ranking system towards the end of the year + some new content will lure new racers and reboot AMS2. :)
Look into league racing. ACR has two AMS2 leagues and the NA RaceRoom Discord is organizing races on AMS2, as well.

Btw, any news on next AMS2 updates? :)
They usually do their development updates during the first few days of the month so we should hear something next week. Guessing Pt. 2 of the USA pack as well as more info on the ratings system will be the primary focus.

This is half price on Steam and I’m sorely tempted but seeing as I’ll be using a Xbox gamepad is it worth it or does this seriously need a wheel set up ?

This is half price on Steam and I’m sorely tempted but seeing as I’ll be using a Xbox gamepad is it worth it or does this seriously need a wheel set up ?
AMS2 works quite well with a gamepad and gives a good setting space for assists and other things. Buy, try, customize, especially since there are discounts. If you don't like it, you just issue a refund. :)

Aston-Martin Valkyrie v1.0 mod released!

The first Aston hypercar is here for AMS2. Inspired by F1 and Le Mans prototypes, 1014 hp and 11 100rpm NA V12, 1176hp thanks to an hybridation system, top speed above 400km/h, active aero... the specs suggests that this car is a real track weapon. But it is also road legal! This mod comes with the configurator, which allows you to choose different liveries schemes, including the track pack one. Enjoy it!

Mod link: Aston Martin Valkyrie v1.0

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.10 - 01.01.27.46.jpg
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.28 - 22.23.06.89.jpg
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.29 - 00.44.29.34.jpg
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.10 - 00.54.37.49.jpg

crazy 400 km/h. Is that real? Still waiting for a GT3 mod entry before crack the game ….
Yeah, for real! You should try it, even if it's not a GT3 (And uninstall it right after if you don't like)
And for a GT3, maybe later. The closest I have right now in the game is a GTE...

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.06.07 - 13.43.29.55.png

I really do like the direction they are taking this game, it's still got some rough edges but they certainly are working on rounding them.

Having some 90's Champ Cars is also going to be awesome and supposedly the track in the teaser is Cleveland, which would be interesting.

Just got it on the Steam sale after playing the demo for a while. Add me if you want steam code 10961328

How does this game play on a controller, is it similar to PC2 ? Or better ?

I think it works well with a controller, better than Pcars 2. However it is a sim so it is not going to handle like Forza Horizon for example and is going to take a little practice. I mainly play with a wheel but sometimes I just wanna chill on the couch and familiarize myself with tracks/cars and it works well for that.

Just got it on the Steam sale after playing the demo for a while. Add me if you want steam code 10961328

I think it works well with a controller, better than Pcars 2. However it is a sim so it is not going to handle like Forza Horizon for example and is going to take a little practice. I mainly play with a wheel but sometimes I just wanna chill on the couch and familiarize myself with tracks/cars and it works well for that.

Better than PC2 ? I'm quite happy with PC2 on a controller, therefore perhaps I should buy AMS2, thank you.

One thing to mention though, I can't get my Xbox controller to work with the demo, when I try to remap the gears to B/X it adds it as one of the keyboard keys and then when I try to drive the car, nothing works, no throttle/brakes, gears, steering...? When I try to steer it just moves the seat ? I only had 5 -10 mins on it this afternoon, I need to try again... ?

Better than PC2 ? I'm quite happy with PC2 on a controller, therefore perhaps I should buy AMS2, thank you.

One thing to mention though, I can't get my Xbox controller to work with the demo, when I try to remap the gears to B/X it adds it as one of the keyboard keys and then when I try to drive the car, nothing works, no throttle/brakes, gears, steering...? When I try to steer it just moves the seat ? I only had 5 -10 mins on it this afternoon, I need to try again... ?
I had some problems with the demo myself(couldn't get my wheel to function at first) but I don't think they are in the full game. It uninstalled the demo when I bought the game for some reason so I can't go back and check what you are experiencing.

I did see a post in the forums by someone just today that said all the issues they had with the demo were not in the full game when they got it. Said person could not get settings to save etc but it was fixed when they bought the full game.

Edit: Well, as I said I don't have the demo anymore but I went out and ran a few laps at Brands Hatch with my Xbox 1X controller and I was able to change shift up/down to B/X quite easily it just warned me that they were assigned elsewhere. For my personal prefs I needed to set wheel deadzone to 0 and turn down sensitivity as well as increase brake sensitivity and I had it running quite well.

They have released a couple updates, one just today and I would guess that those did not get applied to the demo.

Last edited:

Well, there seems to be some complaints on the forums re:gamepad support with the last update so I guess maybe you just need to try it your self and refund if it's not up to your standards. It's the Pcars engine so I can't imagine it being worse than that game and as I said, I was able to get in some decent laps with a gamepad but I'm mainly a wheel player for sims so take that with a grain of salt lol.

Last edited:
Back