Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

This is the basis in which you would go off of. However there are going to be some different parameters in AMS2 that are new. No tutorials for AMS2. Watch this and then see if it's something for you.

Yeah I changed to PC myself in July. AMS2 is the best game I think I've ever played. It's got some faults but the variety of things you can race is amazing. I haven't started Forza Motorsports yet but I don't see it taking any significant time away from AMS2 or AC.
I'm in the same boat, only been playing AMS2 for about three months now.
I can't believe it took me so long to find it, it's my go to game now for single player racing. As you mentioned, it's not perfect (nothing is) but for me at least it's to most natural driving experience to be had. Pair that with my love of F1 racing from 2010 and back it simply makes it the perfect match for me.

I'm in the same boat, only been playing AMS2 for about three months now.
I can't believe it took me so long to find it, it's my go to game now for single player racing. As you mentioned, it's not perfect (nothing is) but for me at least it's to most natural driving experience to be had. Pair that with my love of F1 racing from 2010 and back it simply makes it the perfect match for me.
Yeah I love that through skin mods, I can run the liveries and drivers of most of all of those older seasons. I can drive Mario Andretti's John Players Special from 1978 against Ronnie Peterson, Carlos Reutemann, etc. I can run the historic versions of Kylami, Monza, Spa, Imola and others. It's just fantastic.

I changed from console to PC earlier this year & getting AMS2 has been the icing on the cake
Great - you or anyone else that likes fair and variety of races (vehicles and tracks) can add me. Greenlightning is my steam user name. Casual racer....do not do to much online racing and not really on a online race league. Would be good to occasionally join some online races with those that just enjoy getting on the track. Typical race offline with A.I between 85 and 90 with damage impacting on and at medium. A.I. aggressive medium to hard. Do not see point in qualifying online if 10 laps or for the race. Prefer to always use online ranking stats when possible. Not sure why so many turn this off.

I took a break from AMS 2 but went back after Forza left a bad taste in my mouth. Reiza may take their time but they really do make it worth it (having access to the closed betas helps ease the gaps as well).

Really hope their involvement in the new GTR is fully involved as they can really bring the potential out of the madness engine.

What a disappointment FM came out as on release. Unsubstantiated mess.
I'm back to opening up that AMS2 icon on my desktop as well. I can make my own 4-6 race championships anyway I want.
Really looking forward to this update coming up. Let's see if it comes out in a timely fashion. They said end of October. No one should hold their breath but they might actually make this happen from the sound of it.

What a disappointment FM came out as on release. Unsubstantiated mess.
I'm back to opening up that AMS2 icon on my desktop as well. I can make my own 4-6 race championships anyway I want.
Really looking forward to this update coming up. Let's see if it comes out in a timely fashion. They said end of October. No one should hold their breath but they might actually make this happen from the sound of it.
Seems they are fairly close based on the state of recent beta releases. Obviously I can't say too much, but if you like what they've put a heavy emphasis on you will also like this update.

Seems they are fairly close based on the state of recent beta releases. Obviously I can't say too much, but if you like what they've put a heavy emphasis on you will also like this update.
I like what Reiza do and I like what this update is going to do as well. :)
I keep up with the stuff as much I can. I get hints from private groups I'm in for modding and whatnot but I almost don't want things to be spoiled because it loses that Christmas Morning feel when the update finally does come. 😄

Recently purchased a PC after years of faffing with consoles to get back into a more realistic racing environment ( last game on PC was grand Prix 4 so been a while) AMS 2 seemed to tick a lot of boxes and I wanted something that ran well in VR as well.

So purchased a setup with 32gb ram/Ryzen 7700x / rtx 4070ti /2gb SSD and a pico4 headset.

This game in VR is outstanding providing you set your expectations accordingly, however the damn thing freezes almost 5 out of 7 times when trying to access any game mode from a fresh boot up, game opens via steamvr perfectly I can access options etc but the minute you click any game mode icon it stalls.

Frozen VR screen, mouse back in 2d land is stuck in top left corner of monitor and only option is to control alt delete and restart the machine, nothing else gamewise in VR or other causes this so I guess this long winded request is to ask if anyone else has had similar issues and if so did you fix them, shame to miss the VR side given how good it is.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Hello

I want to replace my graphicscard with a new one. I play mainly sim-racing and fly with MSFS 2020.
NVidia 4070 TI, 12 GB
or
AMD 7900 XT, 20 GB

which one would you recommend?

hard-diamond.gif

Looks to be a good update, I'm particularly interested in the AI update as I don't race online due to time constraints.

I recently downloaded the demo for PC and I was impressed with its overall performance/refinement, and that out of the box it is very friendly for a controller, something that its Project Cars 2 cousin can't claim. I look forward to purchasing the game, I just need to allocate some $, time, and hard drive space.

Did the demo get updated with 1.5? I can't remember. If it get's updated with the new one coming out here in a couple days, I would try that demo again. It gets better and better.

I recently downloaded the demo for PC and I was impressed with its overall performance/refinement, and that out of the box it is very friendly for a controller, something that its Project Cars 2 cousin can't claim.
Is the demo still the Polo around what I recall a short almost go cart like track?

If so the demo had the opposite effect on me and turned me off the game which I regret now, I feel it was just the car/track combo that didn't work for me. Anyway the game was always in the back of my mind and when it popped up on Steam about 6 months ago for a crazy low price I took the punt and bought the game complete with all DLC.

As a huge fan of older F1 (circa late 80's early 90's) the game is fantastic, all the other disciplines are an absolute cherry on top. It's pretty much the only sim I drive now, AC gets an occasional run when I want to drive some obscure car but that's about it.

For anyone who hasn't tried AMS2 out I highly recommend you to, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I recently downloaded the demo for PC and I was impressed with its overall performance/refinement, and that out of the box it is very friendly for a controller, something that its Project Cars 2 cousin can't claim. I look forward to purchasing the game, I just need to allocate some $, time, and hard drive space.
Keep an eye out for sales, it goes on sale pretty regularly and I'd imagine the next occasion will be in the next week or so when Steam does their next sale.

Did the demo get updated with 1.5? I can't remember. If it get's updated with the new one coming out here in a couple days, I would try that demo again. It gets better and better.
Pretty sure it was updated somewhat recently (can't remember when exactly), but it doesn't get updated alongside the main game.

Back to AMS2 after a few weeks of taking a break for a variety of reasons. Still an amazing racing sim and only going to get so much better.

If I had a full race sim set-up with triples and or VR not sure if I would want to do anything else. Most likely would not even have a pay tv service.

I would like to believe those that really enjoy the spirit of racing and not just customizing cars or driving the top exotic cars. Would be very impressed by AMS2 if they had a chance to play for a few weeks with a decent wheel set-up. I would say anyone that mainly plays PC2 on console. If you ever thought about racing on computer you would not be disappointed.

Back