Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but my biggest wish would be for mid race saves especially with the upcoming enduro pack.

If I recall correctly though I think I read a while ago it's not possible with the Madness Engine.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but my biggest wish would be for mid race saves especially with the upcoming enduro pack.

If I recall correctly though I think I read a while ago it's not possible with the Madness Engine.
I think they're working on that. ? Maybe?
One thing that I want fixed immediately is that how do I go into the pits just to have my pitbox occupied? WTF is that about? Did I come to race or just rent a spot? I'm sure my pitcrew doesn't mind changing your tires too if you just pull up there fellow competitor. LOL :lol:

One thing that I want fixed immediately is that how do I go into the pits just to have my pitbox occupied? WTF is that about?
Yeah especially when you drive past without stopping and there is nobody in the whole pit lane :lol:.

There's a bug in project cars 2 regarding that pit issue, after requesting a pit stop it becomes occupied as you're approaching your box, if it's the same thing then the trick is not to request a pit stop just drive in & you should stop even if it's occupied & you'll overlap the car. Now I never request a stop.

Welcome to the party. It's well worth it for that.
The base game is cheap on cdkeys too right now.
1703534329225.png

1703534344481.png

Last edited:
Just tried 963 around Le Mans - poetry!

Wanted to buy the DLC straightaway, like I did with all the other ones but it seems that it isn't available to buy during free period?

Wanted to buy the DLC straightaway, like I did with all the other ones but it seems that it isn't available to buy during free period?
Yeah same here, I'm happy to support these guys with my money. It's pretty obvious they are passionate about what they do.

I'd imagine when the trial is over the option to buy will pop up and the DLC will be unusable otherwise.

Does anyone here use the Racing Life mod? How is it?

I have it, it's not really a mod. It's a separate app where you can keep track of your "career" and be guided what race to setup next in single player mode.

Street cars have been updated.
Sorry for double post, I wanted people to get notified though.

What's the deal with the Le Mans DLC? I'm seeing mixed messages. Some people seem to already have it (season pass?) whilst others seem to be waiting for the DLC.

I can't even see it on their Steam page at all.

Have not spent that much time with AMS2 over the last several weeks. Since I have moved my residence. The time that I have spent with AMS2 it has been great. I purchased the next equivalent season pass. My sim wheel stand weighs more then 50 lbs. It does fold up, however still something you do not want to move very often. Currently have not decided where I want to keep it set up in my new location. Am considering getting a lighter wheel stand sometime this year.

This weekend as an experiment decided to hook my gaming lap top up to a work monitor and then use PS4 game pad. Surprisingly the PS4 game pad work pretty well with AMS2, better then project cars. Even used it on Americsn trucker, granted with simple driving mode - still a good option to just listen to music and drive. I even think the controller worked better on PC2 while on PC compared to PS4.

AMS2 is outstanding as a racing sim. Not perfect but nothing is as perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Really wish replay mode turned off standings and the who's watching display by default - that is very irritating to me. Still have not found a way to get out of replay mode without using the mouse. If any one has every been able to map a button - let me know.

Last edited:
Patiently waiting.
I swear, Reiza is the only company that could put this out, and then the Dev Update is 2 weeks from now.
1710617301232.png

Edit: Meh, I was ready to wait two weeks. Whatever.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back