Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

I solved my problems with bouncing everything and physics fix is a bonus. I was finding how it's possible everything jumps like crazy and found out it could be the cockpit cam. So I tuned it and it's better now. I like the game and physics works as it should be. It's strange but without FFB and sometimes sound my only physics clue is the car position. When shaky cam removed clues I was lost. Now everything's fine, even infamous Adelaide is OK to drive.

Last edited:
OMG, I love this game! I didn't expect anything else after crazy good AMS1 but still new engine is not easy task. But they succeeded. Everybody should try it.

Well when you have to use the existing sounds in game for mod cars, it makes this particular car really difficult to match.

Ah I wasn't aware of that limitation. Fair enough then. It's a shame as that severely limits the modding opportunities for this game.

New patch is out. Looks promising. Bouncing is still improving. I don't like some combinations but it's good they work on it.

A few shots of the new content.

PjdHCuV.jpg

OaZzrM0.jpg

LN8kZ9Z.jpg

73anOTb.jpg

WftOOT8.jpg

cSZTu8D.jpg

I checked the photo mode. I wish it was like Assetto photo app... I'ts very difficult to focus well the car and very limited in general. But well, graphic can be awesome.

ss214322.jpg

ss215842.jpg
Unfortunately, it inherited the Project Cars photomode, which is very, very hit and miss in terms of getting focused and is very odd in terms of how it deals with tracking shots.

While I would love to see it overhauled or replaced, I suspect that will be a lot further down the development checklist.

Finally I tested at least 962C and it's great. I am always scared from similar beasts because they look like it's impossible to drive them. Opposite is true, the car handles perfectly. I even tried bumpy Oulton park to see how is it with bouncing and nothing, everything's normal. But with this car it was probably my craziest drive ever there because I pushed hard but the car clearly has no limits :D

Finally I tested at least 962C and it's great. I am always scared from similar beasts because they look like it's impossible to drive them. Opposite is true, the car handles perfectly. I even tried bumpy Oulton park to see how is it with bouncing and nothing, everything's normal. But with this car it was probably my craziest drive ever there because I pushed hard but the car clearly has no limits :D
In reality, driving a race car at 8/10th is, as long as you are sensible, fairly straightforward. It's getting it to the limit, hanging it just over the limit, and doing so consistently that takes the skill.

Anyone else finding the new Group C's suspiciously easy to drive? I know hard doesn't necessarily mean realistic, but I figured something with as much grunt as these would be a little lighter at the rear than they seem to be. Fun nonetheless, probably my two current fav' things to drive.

Anyone else finding the new Group C's suspiciously easy to drive? I know hard doesn't necessarily mean realistic, but I figured something with as much grunt as these would be a little lighter at the rear than they seem to be. Fun nonetheless, probably my two current fav' things to drive.

Have not tried them yet. Finally having some decent seat time with AMS2 after a few weeks. Well actually for about 3 weeks was messing around using AC mods for the first time.
Back in AMS2 and feeling really good. Off the track though and it is lights out race over or certainly little to no chance of getting a podium. Not sure if difficulty in getting back in control and back on the track after running off is overdone or not.

Lots of seat time for me to come.

I play every day for last weeks and the game is perfect. Don't know why but everything there is good. Today I even bought SCE to support Reiza more and the game is great too! They just know what they do. AMS2 will be legendary :D

Obviously, never driven one, but having watched many, many hours of footage of them and read several articles by drivers of them, I don't believe they were as hairy as we'd think, considering tires were pretty good (and wwwiiiidddee) by that time and most Group C cars made a tremendous amount of underbody downforce. Besides, like Scaff stated above, 8 or even 9/10ths isn't difficult with most race machines, it's getting that last little bit out. Endurance cars in particular seem to be pretty reasonable by many accounts, which would make sense as trying to keep a wild animal under you over a four hour stint would probably be less efficient and far more taxing to driver and machine than an easier to drive car.

many updates today at the blog:
1. new bootfiles (1.1.2.3.1567)
2. Porsche 991.2 GT3 updated to V1.20
if you like change-logs then here you go:
changelog 1:20:
*************please reset car settings to default in the in-game setup menu*************
-AI 1.1.2.1
-statistics torque fixed
-legacy engine mapping removed
-unused rear diffs removed from settings menu
-car inertia revised (lower)
-bump stop settings opened in menu
-initial value for ride height adjusted and opened up in the settings menu
-suspension stiffened (springs and dampers)
-engine inertia lowered slightly
-toe settings tweaked
-FFB tweaked
-Touring: brake balance moved to the rear
-Touring: Azure paint texture added
-PDK and touring: changed default differential settings
-PDK: new driveline entry!
RECORD RWD_GT3_2018 l_driveline
name "GT3_2018"
contents RWD_MODERN_SEQUENTIAL_2
dl:minhz 3000
3. 2006 Ford GT updated to V1.20
change-log 1.20
-legacy engine mapping removed
-torque curve/turbo revised
-steering lock increased
-AI 1.1.2.1
-unused rear diff options removed
-new licence plate

There you have it! Have fun :)

I finally solved "bouncing". It was probably my fault. I am not sure why they work on it but car bouncing is very good here. In some games it's less and I wasn't prepare for full bouncing :D But it's very interesting and I activated again speed shake cam and tune view cam to more bouncy.

Back