Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

These GT1s are one of my personal favorites, I saw them back in 1998 at the Hungaroring IRL, it was an awesome experience.
I witnessed them in action about five years ago at the Silverstone Classic, the noise they make is just earth-shattering.

I witnessed them in action about five years ago at the Silverstone Classic, the noise they make is just earth-shattering.

What stood out for me back in the day: the thunder that the Oreca Viper GT2s brought upon us, the 911 GT1-98's turbo whistle (we stood at the last corner getting on the main straight; after a little while you could only hear the turbo whistle, nothing else) and of course, the Panoz. No matter how many cars were around it, the Panoz overshadowed everything else, not even the Vipers could do anything about it. Oh, the Marcos, that was loud, too. Conclusion: American V8s and V10s are very loud :)

What stood out for me back in the day: the thunder that the Oreca Viper GT2s brought upon us, the 911 GT1-98's turbo whistle (we stood at the last corner getting on the main straight; after a little while you could only hear the turbo whistle, nothing else) and of course, the Panoz. No matter how many cars were around it, the Panoz overshadowed everything else, not even the Vipers could do anything about it. Oh, the Marcos, that was loud, too. Conclusion: American V8s and V10s are very loud :)
Oh they are indeed, standing next to one on trick-over you can feel the compression on your chest, its great

Played a few hours this weekend of AM2.
Definetly improved in lots of ways.

Glad they got several things resolved and added a few GT3 and GT4 cars etc. They look, sound and drive good.

Most improved is significantly reducing the bouncing that cars had as they went around tracks.

Will be spending more time, doing longer races, learning several tracks that are new to me.

Spent some time over the weekend with the new update, and damn it's good. Full video incoming, but until then some screenshot to show just how good it looks.

5smwGIL.jpg

rmi6NC9.jpg

UZ1ymsq.jpg

ZcD3oev.jpg

How does this game compare to Project Cars 2? Has anyone played it on a controller and will it ever come to consoles?

How does this game compare to Project Cars 2? Has anyone played it on a controller and will it ever come to consoles?

If you're familiar with Project CARS 2 then there is a lot that will be familiar in AMS2, but it's not "Project CARS 2.5" or anything like that IMO. It's got it's own character which I like. I play on a pad and that is one area where it is very pCARS2 - for better or worse. I personally really like the pad handling in pCARS2 and my settings (basically everything default but turn Speed Sensitivity down to 75) translate directly across. My only issue is that it's less consistent car to car - it's mostly fine, but for example I really struggled with the GT4 cars on the pad last time I tried it. Went back to my old friend the Caterham and it was great so there is fine tuning to be done. All that said - I haven't tried the latest update yet, looking forward to giving it a run tonight.

As for consoles - Reiza have said that once they are happy that the game is complete they may consider a console port. Don't hold your breath, in other words...

How small developers can give fans what they want while the big ones pd and t10 cant.

Seriously shows once again how important fan feedback is while pd and t10 waste our time with useless cars like those suvs and fiat 500s.

Last edited:
Nice review @Scaff, I was waiting for this, it may just persuade me to go PC again instead of the SX this year.

So to sum it up, it's like a F1 works team, supplying their engine to a customer F1 team, then getting beaten at every track by said customer team.

Oh SMS, what could've been with another year or two of support, patches & dlc for PC2.

Still, we got PC3 :)

Last edited:
Nice review @Scaff, I was waiting for this, it may just persuade me to go PC again instead of the SX this year.

So to sum it up, it's like a F1 works team, supplying their engine to a customer F1 team, then getting beaten at every track by said customer team.

Oh SMS, what could've been with another year or two of support, patches & dlc for PC2.

Still, we got PC3 :)
Yep, spot on.

Not the SX but close enough with the PS5, while not AMS2 it gives a nice indication as to what performance level these new console actually deliver.
100% recommend the jump to PC, AMS2 is great but you also have the other Sims that are PC exclusive.

Such as Rfactor2... probably the best Sim all around on the Planet....

It's getting pretty good now.
Basically just focusing on one or two tracks. Doing 6 to 10 lap races. Physics are definetly better then PC2. Definetly have to know the handling of the cars and track limits. How much to brake, how far to push it and stay within track limits. Off track puts ya in last place quickly. Will need to learn to pace myself, but still push hard, to be in that right spot when getting a run out of the corner or knowing just when and how much to brake.
I do not really see myself going back to PC2 to much despite the much wider car selection. Liking the South America tracks and only have tried a few. If they can keep improving and releasing new content every so often - will be great.

I recommend AMS2 now and just a few months ago would not.

It does sound good as long as you are not in replay mode. Replays have reduced sound details. Thats a Madness Engine thing same as the replay issue with the cars stance meaning that front camber is at 0 degrees on straights and goes positive in corners. That looks very weird.

Last edited:
So glad I bought AMS2 , not had much time for it as I'm working through my season in ACC but I'm looking forward to some time out the GT3's.

Not the SX but close enough with the PS5, while not AMS2 it gives a nice indication as to what performance level these new console actually deliver.
100% recommend the jump to PC, AMS2 is great but you also have the other Sims that are PC exclusive.

That video is a pure agenda piece. I have a modern 2070 super system and both the PS5 and Xbox X beat it for performance.

Thought the mod page had been shared here but I guess not.
https://projectcarsmoddingteam.weebly.com/downloads---automobilista-2.html
911-gt3-download_orig.jpg

Before I go through the effort of learning how to mod AMS 2 with the bootfiles etc.... can you share how this car feels/handles? General impressions would be good to hear but in particular, I'd like to know the tire dynamic at the limit. Can you invoke power on oversteer to the point where it will spin if you are not careful? Or is the weird dynamic of self correcting present?

It handles and feels great like any car in AMS2. The process of modding in AMS2 is the same as PC2 if you modded in that. Very easy once you learn the process. Can be enabled and disabled all through JSGME in an instant. The only setback is that the game is not final and updates mean that the bootfiles need to be updated when that happens. Not a big deal though.

I test cars for the modders putting these out and I can say that they all feel good and are better than their counterparts in PC2 due to AMS2's better utilization of the physics system within the madness engine.

I recommend setting up stability control on a button on your wheel or remember that it's key M. The Porsches have SC. With it on it keeps you pointed forward for racing and with it off there's all the power sliding you want. The only other thing to mention is that the street cars coming out are in a group called Track Day due to the fact that the street tyre profile in AMS2 is not that great at all so the thought process was that it would be better to put the slick profile on them to make them more usable than just spinning out all over.

Latest Posts

Back