Avengers: Endgame (2019)Movies 

• Thread starter Famine
  • 134 comments
Is that the confirmed title, “Endgame”?
Yes it is.

It's a good trailer. I've been anticipating this ever since the end of Infinity War. Nice comic ending and good to see
Scott made it out of the Quantum Realm.
Surprised we didn't see
Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Does that mean they'll finally be through milking it?
Hahahahahahaha no.

Guardians 3, Spiderman 2, Black Panther 2, Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Eternals... Just because Iron Man, Thor and Cap are done after Avengers 4 doesn't mean MCU is done. They owe Ruffalo a decent Hulk film too, not to mention Hawkeye or Dr. Strange 2, or Ant-Man 3...

Guardians 3, Spiderman 2, Black Panther 2, Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Eternals... Just because Iron Man, Thor and Cap are done after Avengers 4 doesn't mean MCU is done. They owe Ruffalo a decent Hulk film too, not to mention Hawkeye or Dr. Strange 2, or Ant-Man 3...
And I am perfectly fine with all of it. There are so many more characters they can make movies about and integrate into the MCU. I'll take it all.

Hahahahahahaha no.

200.gif

Doesn't Universal still hold the rights to Hulk, which is why we've only ever seen him in the MCU as a side-character?
The Incredible Hulk was the second MCU film after - and not long after - Iron Man. But Norton wasn't available for Avengers Assemble, so they cast Mark Ruffalo.

General Ross from the film - William Hurt - has been in other MCU films since too, including Civil War.

The Incredible Hulk was the second MCU film after - and not long after - Iron Man. But Norton wasn't available for Avengers Assemble, so they cast Mark Ruffalo.

General Ross from the film - William Hurt - has been in other MCU films since too, including Civil War.

I was thinking more about after the Norton film. There was even a scene in that film that suggested a potential sequel, and maybe its villain:

Seconds after Blonsky mutates at the university, he attacks Sterns (who injected him with the mix of super-soldier formula and Banner's blood) leaving him injured. But then we see a broken vial of Banner's blood, dripping onto a cut on Sterns' forehead, and he begins to mutate as well, possibly becoming the Leader.

And I think I found the answer to my own question. Didn't realise it would be so convoluted.

https://screenrant.com/no-hulk-solo-movie-marvel-universal-rights-explained/

And I think I found the answer to my own question. Didn't realise it would be so convoluted.

https://screenrant.com/no-hulk-solo-movie-marvel-universal-rights-explained/
I didn't know that about Universal having right of first refusal on any Hulk movies. Thankfully that just means Marvel can use Hulk all they want as long as it's not a stand-alone movie. Inserting Planet Hulk into Thor: Ragnarok was brilliant, and gave Ruffalo a lot to work with, both as Banner and Hulk.

Man, I really need to catch up on the MCU, I haven't seen anything past Civil War. :lol:
Just so you don't need to:
Stephen Strange is arrogant doctor with a bad American accent, has car crash, ruins hands, takes up magic to heal himself, stops an interdimensional creature from eating the Earth by trapping it in a time loop, pisses off Chiwetel Ejiofor. Also he has the green stone.
Guardians of the Galaxy, except Chris Pratt finds his dad is a god, and a dick, and kills him. Also they meet a girl who can affect your mind by touching you.
Spiderman, but without the origin story, after Civil War. Stark gives him a cool suit, then takes it away, then gives it back again. His girlfriend's dad is the bad guy.
Odin goes missing, they find him, he dies, this releases his first child, Hela, who breaks Thor's hammer, kills half of Asgard and then destroys the planet by accident fighting the hell god Surtur. Also, Thor and Loki get trapped on a gladiatorial planet where Hulk is the champion and Jeff Goldblum is in charge.
Chadwick Boseman goes back home after Civil War, gets beaten up by another Black Panther, gets revenge. Also, they deprogram Bucky, and Wakanda is the future disguised as the past with a giant shield/cloaking dome over it.
Thanos finally does it himself like he said in 2012. Kills a bunch of people to get the stones, except Scarlet Witch suddenly has an insane power escalation and can destroy one (killing Vision). But he turns back time with the green stone Strange gave him (because he has a plan), gets the last stone (and kills Vision; screw him, right?) and gets what he wants. Which, boringly, is to make half of everyone disappear from existence - conveniently including all of the Avengers not in Avengers Assemble. Also kills his daughter halfway through, which makes him sad :(
Ant Man, but they get Michelle Pfeiffer (Michael Douglas's wife) back.
All caught up.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahaha no.

Thor isn’t necessarily done, Hemsworth has said he would like to continue his role as Thor. As for Guardians Vol. 3 it’s on due to Disney sacking James Gunn after a 9 year old tweet was brought to their attention.

Hulk also can’t have a standalone movie due to rights with Universal I believe? The Russos said his arc will be completed in Endgame, no mention of any future plans for him.

I don't believe Stark with all his intellect + Nebula + the undamaged Guardians ship could not make it back to Earth safely. So the first few moments of the trailer is a bit of an artificial tension generator to me. Also, doesn't he still have the chestpiece and nanobots (sure most of it is expended but he still has half a suit's worth at the end of the fight against Thanos) - couldn't he make a proper recording device and attach a repulsor to it and send it to Earth as a distress signal? Instead of using a damaged helmet and hope someone finds it in space.

Still looking forward to the movie, but this Tony situation isn't quite right to me.

Still looking forward to the movie, but this Tony situation isn't quite right to me.
You're assuming nothing has happened to Tony between the end of Infinity War and his recording in the space ship. We have no idea what's happened to him and Nebula. I noticed she's not on the ship with him. I'm guessing quite a bit has happened. We'll have to wait and see the movie to find out.

I can't wait to watch this movie on the big screen, I am not impressed with the title though as there are a lot of movies that have the same title over the past few years.

I do wonder how Ant-Man makes it out.

Will probably be using
a time vortex which was alluded to in the movie as the only way to get out. We know time travel will be a thing, so I;m guessing Ant Man will be the key.

You're assuming nothing has happened to Tony between the end of Infinity War and his recording in the space ship. We have no idea what's happened to him and Nebula. I noticed she's not on the ship with him. I'm guessing quite a bit has happened. We'll have to wait and see the movie to find out.

At around 1:23 in the trailer you could see Nebula in a similar greenish environment, which I'm guessing is the ship.

I can't wait to watch this movie on the big screen, I am not impressed with the title though as there are a lot of movies that have the same title over the past few years.

It's referring to Dr. Strange's words when he gave up the Time Stone to Thanos "We're in the endgame now".

I'm OK with the title honestly. Better than the generic Infinity War Part 2 for sure.

Will probably be using
a time vortex which was alluded to in the movie as the only way to get out. We know time travel will be a thing, so I;m guessing Ant Man will be the key.
I came to the same conclusion after re-watching the end credits of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

A few things in the trailer, could be fakery. For the Infinity War trailer, some shots weren't telling the truth.

- Hulk running in the final battle.
- On Titan, Thanos only had a couple stones in the gauntlet.

In the End Game trailer, Shuri is on the screen before Peter. We don't know if she's turned to ash or not.
The Scott Lang scene, could play out differently, to how it has been edited for the trailer.

Hahahahahahaha no.

...and not forget the future collaborations with X-Men and Deadpool

...and not forget the future collaborations with X-Men and Deadpool
Well, quite. Neither are full MCU entities at the moment (despite Stan Lee's presence in both, and that thing in Deadpool 2 we won't talk about), but because Disney now owns Fox, both should revert to technically be under Marvel's full control again.

Well, quite. Neither are full MCU entities at the moment (despite Stan Lee's presence in both, and that thing in Deadpool 2 we won't talk about), but because Disney now owns Fox, both should revert to technically be under Marvel's full control again.

I'm splitting hairs a bit here, but the Disney/Fox deal isn't quite done just yet, Variety are suggesting that the deal will finally close early Feb or early March. I'm sure it's just formalities to do, but nevertheless until it's finally done nothing can start being made/integrated.

Latest Posts

Back