We're doing a bits-and-pieces marathon before this hits. The order:
  • Avengers
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Ant-Man
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Thor: Ragnarok
Ant-Man wasn't really necessary, we just like Paul Rudd. No need to rewatch Black Panther since it was so recent.

Just wrapped up Civil War today. Ragnarok next weekend, and then a media blackout for a few days until our showing on the following Thursday. Excited about what the Russos have cooked up.

Fa10TjrIZaNjlP5eUYvPnxTPgHCRIt4i2rEBFaX0xu8.png

World premiere is today, with social media's embargo ending after the screening. Full reviews go live tomorrow morning.

Looks like it's time to go on a self-imposed media blackout. I don't want to run into a spoiler like Ragnarok. We've got tickets for 10:30PM Thursday in full IMAX. Can't wait!

This is getting an Oscar. A must see for originality. Despair, comedy, visuals, music. The most complete movie and it's just Part 1.

Edit: One post credit scene. Worth it!

Last edited:
He's not in Part I. I hope you go see it. I'm bursting to chat, man.
There are hundreds of people on reddit waiting to argue with you right now.

An ill-timed long-prebooked holiday means I won't be one of them for another two weeks. Media blackout starting in 3... 2...

Not a spoiler: Technically, there's a link to him, but he's not in this movie.
I didn't even see a link, unless you count the post-credits scene of his former boss.

I liked it a lot. Will probably end up seeing it again. Definitely enjoyed seeing somewhat various emotions of Thanos and how he was portrayed as more than just the ultimate villain.

I just got back from seeing the movie. What a trip. All I can say is oh my God.

I didn't even see a link, unless you count the post-credits scene of his former boss.

I liked it a lot. Will probably end up seeing it again. Definitely enjoyed seeing somewhat various emotions of Thanos and how he was portrayed as more than just the ultimate villain.
He's going to be in Captain Marvel

He's going to be in Captain Marvel
Ah. I know it’s supposed to be a prequel, but I wonder if it’ll end right at the point Fury calls her explaining where she’s been this whole time.

Ah. I know it’s supposed to be a prequel, but I wonder if it’ll end right at the point Fury calls her explaining where she’s been this whole time.
Yeah. I'm also wondering, dare I assume, if Ant-Man & The wasp, will end the same.

Yeah. I'm also wondering, dare I assume, if Ant-Man & The wasp, will end the same.
I have to wonder with Ant-Man though, how that will work. I know they said him & Hawkeye are now off-duty for their families, so it's curious if Ant-Man will be encountering The Wasp during the events. It's hard to tell with Marvel.

I have to wonder with Ant-Man though, how that will work. I know they said him & Hawkeye are now off-duty for their families, so it's curious if Ant-Man will be encountering The Wasp during the events. It's hard to tell with Marvel.
True. The question Scott asks, about would she have come if he called, could be directly after CW, same time as Black Panther or right before this movie. Couple of months and we'll find out.

I saw Thor: Ragnarok just before I went off with some friends to see Infinity War, nailed the timing.

As for Infinity War though...no words. There was a lot to take in, and I'm glad to say that it lived up to the hype. I was worried about there not being enough screen time for all of the main characters, but I'm happy to say that they dealt with that just fine.

Now to wait another year. :grumpy:

The best way I can sum up the experience: I can't remember the last time I audibly gasped so many times in the theatre.

The Skull cameo was definitely the peak of that. Marvel did a fairly good job finding someone to stand in for Weaving.

Overall, it wasn't perfect, but the Russos pulled it off far better than I expected considering the sheer number of moving parts. There's a few too many Dark Knight-style closeups during fights, which lessens the spectacle, but that might also have something to do with us sitting fairly close in IMAX. :D

I'm genuinely lost as to where the next movie will go. With Strange gone, there's no real way for the remaining people to go to... wherever it is Thanos is. I suppose the obvious answer is Captain Marvel, with perhaps some Quantum Realm travel via Ant-Man and the Wasp. But the issue is one of stakes; this movie upped them, and that's great. But time travel can be the ultimate lazy writer scapegoat, and assuming some of the deaths are undone in A4 (BP and SM at the top of the list), it raises the question of why all of them aren't back. And if they all do come back... well, what was the point?

That said, I'd be sad if Vision is gone for good. There were obvious hints that he could survive, but I recognize he's pretty far down the "we need him in this franchise long-term" list.

The best way I can sum up the experience: I can't remember the last time I audibly gasped so many times in the theatre.

The Skull cameo was definitely the peak of that. Marvel did a fairly good job finding someone to stand in for Weaving.

Overall, it wasn't perfect, but the Russos pulled it off far better than I expected considering the sheer number of moving parts. There's a few too many Dark Knight-style closeups during fights, which lessens the spectacle, but that might also have something to do with us sitting fairly close in IMAX. :D

I'm genuinely lost as to where the next movie will go. With Strange gone, there's no real way for the remaining people to go to... wherever it is Thanos is. I suppose the obvious answer is Captain Marvel, with perhaps some Quantum Realm travel via Ant-Man and the Wasp. But the issue is one of stakes; this movie upped them, and that's great. But time travel can be the ultimate lazy writer scapegoat, and assuming some of the deaths are undone in A4 (BP and SM at the top of the list), it raises the question of why all of them aren't back. And if they all do come back... well, what was the point?

That said, I'd be sad if Vision is gone for good. There were obvious hints that he could survive, but I recognize he's pretty far down the "we need him in this franchise long-term" list.
Talking with a friend about it, he believes only those who are turned to ash by the stones can be returned. Those who legitimately died such as Heimdall, Gamora, Vision, Loki will likely remain dead as he doesn't think the stones work in such a way to just revive dead people; otherwise, the Black Order could be brought back despite being killed.

Talking with a friend about it, he believes only those who are turned to ash by the stones can be returned. Those who legitimately died such as Heimdall, Gamora, Vision, Loki will likely remain dead as he doesn't think the stones work in such a way to just revive dead people; otherwise, the Black Order could be brought back despite being killed.

Only thing i think about the deaths are, Strange did bring back Wong when he was impaled by Kaecilius at the end of that movie. It happened before Strange arrived.

Strange is gone, but if Wong is alive, the team will have someone in the mystic arts.

If Shuri is alive, I'm thinking she'll become Black Panther, as she did in the comics.

No doubt Hulk is going to go bonkers in the next one.

I think Ant-Man could have taken part. As Giant Man, the outriders would have just crawled all over him... well, like ants.

Wonder how Nebula will come into this. Does she take Stark to Red Skull or Nedivalir(spelling?) to get the other gauntlet?

Can't wait to see Captain Marvel and how everything plays out.

I'm still tickled Brie Larson will possibly be the savior for the team. Nothing against her acting, she just doesn't strike me as such. I'll happily be proven wrong though; she is great eye candy. :D

The stones together can practically do anything, so they could use it to revive anyone they wanted to

I'm still reeling from this past Friday, and I have to say: almost everything went exactly as I thought it would.

The finger snap. Ending things the same way it began made for one of the most powerful comic book ending I've ever seen. I audibly let out a "Yes! He 🤬 did it!" and could not stop smiling for 10 whole minutes when it happened. :lol:

I'm genuinely satisfied that so much was packed into the movie, yet nothing was lost in translation. Sure, there are a wealth of characters missing but I didn't care. It isn't the twisted love story the source material is but, again, I didn't care. It mostly serves the same purpose as a self-fulfilling prophecy. I was more invested in Thanos than anyone else in the film, which I expected would be the case for a long time now but, man, was I not disappointed.

Building up Hulk as an unstoppable force for 10 years only to have Thanos dismantle him within the first five minutes of the movie? I figured as much:

Within your problem you ended up mentioning a problem I have with the movies thus far: Hulk. Is he that powerful? Without a doubt. My problem is that he's being portrayed to have no equal and that just isn't the case. Sure, there was the tussle with Thor that was left undecided as well as the Hulkbuster which knocked out a Hulk that was no longer raging... but those were all heavily circumstantial.

The only saving grace is my assumption that he's being portrayed the way that he is so...

When Thanos hands him his ass (with or without the Infinity Gauntlet, it doesn't matter) it will be all the more impacting.

To the point where he refused to come out several times in the movie. If that alone didn't paint the picture that everyone was screwed several ways to the next decade... :lol:

Now there's Carol. I can't wait to see how they establish her next year leading into Pt. 2. I'm a tad bit anxious because the movies are so close together that I hope it doesn't come across as forced.

Back