[B-Spec] BTCS - B-Spec Touring Car Series - Back From The Dead

So plans are to slowly begin the preseason process in San Francisco during the week, with photoshoots, car balancing (I do have a test method that might work. And yes, that involves tracks other than SF - I'm not making that mistake again) and some roleplaying stuff happening.

I should also note that in case your template has a numberplate layer, you can, but are not required to, use that as it is simply a leftover from long ago.

Lot of space to fill on the grid still.

So I might slightly need some more time before preseason.

I assume most of you are familiar with the San Francisco Grand Prix circuit from Grid?

You know how, in the first race, you're being warned about the corner at the end of the jumps being a "killer for a beginner"?

..it is entirely possible that I've messed something up so badly the AI doesn't even make it that far. Most of them just piledrive into the wall at turn one, and the three that make it out alive do the exact same thing again in turn two.

Quite possibly the biggest collection of scrap metal in B-Spec history. Think the final corner of Porsche Cup preseason at Watkins Glen, but with the entire field.

That's one for the bloopers :lol:

Did this happen with the original AIW file that came with the track?

Yes. As it does on every other track, despite dialling the Talent files back to vanilla game spec. Every other series is fine, so it's not an AIW flaw, but these exact cars..

It would be just me to encounter this sort of shenanigans. I mean, it's more spectacular than F1 can ever hope to be, but when there's a 15% chance of a car still being drivable after turn one..

That's the thing - nothing looks out of the ordinary. At all. Everything should be back to what's used by the mod, so this shouldn't still happen.

I've found out why it happens, though. Turns out they've all attended the racing school my former driver's set up, and he's sort of "forgotten" to tell them how to brake. Now to find a way of fixing that, which'll be.. interesting..

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

If anyone's familiar with the internals of GTR2, do you know how CorneringMult in the Talent file is basically a multiplier for high speed cornering?

..I might have forgotten I left that at 2.

Well that explains a lot, doesn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
Check tire files? AITorqueStab?

Massimo.jpg

I figured I'd throw this in before too many of you are done and can't be bothered to look back in here:

GTR2 2017-05-02_21-51-22.png

I know which files to replace and I know how to get to said files. All I need to do is figure out the best way to make them team-specific, and pseudo-metallic paint will be a reality.

Last edited:
Uh, morten, your picture appears to be a bit broken, i can't see it. :lol:

Wildcard Autoracing Team reveals their livery for the Touring Car Series
DTvh06v.jpg

oHUGCZ5.jpg

WDhqIxC.jpg

qSAHCJ0.jpg

*Pictures courtesy of @rallymorten

After realizing that maybe investing budget to only race in one series with the more expensive class of car wasn't a very good idea for the future of the team, Wildcard Autoracing had decided to invest into racing in another series, being interested in a series featuring touring cars from the 2000s. Soon after they had gotten interested in the series, they found a sweet deal on an Alfa Romeo 156, specifically a racecar resembling the GTA version before the facelift, and even more specifically, painted in the color of Rosso Proteo, as opposed to Rosso Alfa. There were two on sale, but the second was stolen before they bought it. After a few further investments to fix the chassis and the exhaust of the car and the application of the numbers, decals, and a new livery, the touring car was ready for the track.
As Ivan Rossiyan and that other guy are busy preparing for the other previously-mentioned series, the team had to hire a new driver, and found that a chap from England who goes by the name of "Richard Charioteer" was the only best choice available. Even though nobody at the Wildcard Autoracing Team managed to find out what his past is, we hope that his driving skills will get him to victory.
Missing Alfa Romeo touring car has been found! Racing team mad enough to consider hiring the thief!
A missing 156 GTA racecar colored Rosso Alfa has been found on the streets of Italy. As news travels fast nowadays, the original seller, and a team that planned to buy the vehicle, Wildcard Autoracing, were made aware of the vehicle's whereabouts shortly afterwards. The latter, as you may expect, did the thing that any other race team would do, and attempted to hire the thief as a driver for the team.
"Hey, they wanted the car, so our proposal to them would be a win-win situation for the both of us!" A person affiliated Wildcard Autoracing stated. Fortunately, that absurd idea was stopped when reality kicked in and the thief was arrested, although their identity is yet to be revealed by the local police department.
Although the team didn't seem to get to hire the "driver" they wanted, they also ended up finding another driver offer, which had the name Raide Denaro on it, the name, to Wildcard Autoracing, sounded like it had some racing experience to back it up, so the driver was hired.
After the second 156 in Wildcard Autoracing's reserve was updated in a similar way to the first one, they decided to publish a screenshot of it.
e8D4Whv.jpg

Uh, morten, your picture appears to be a bit broken, i can't see it. :lol:

I figured I could just copy an image I used in a conversation.

I forgot that doing that doesn't really work.

Should be fixed now, though.

"Alright, let's get to this. We have a lot to cover. This is gonna cover everything from entries to the B-Spect Touring Car Series, to VRR Rolex GT, to B-Spec Super GT Season 2, to drivers, to re-branding, to sponsors. Let's hit the main points, and we'll highlight the most important ones for this series later on. First off, thank you to WOMB in Sibuya for hosting us tonight.We have the place the entire night, so after all this formal stuff gets taken care of, we can enjoy it!No, let's do this. First off, I would just like to say that RTi and everyone here remains committed to every single series and providing great racing and entertainment for fans around the globe. Now, to better do that, there will be a little bit of re-branding happening. You may have noticed that we have moved from RTi to BlackCat Racing. Well, we have changed again. Our new name will be ThinkPink.org Racing Team. ThinkPink.org is a worldwide site which helps to empower women in their daily lives whether through helping to remove them from unsafe living situations, to helping them find jobs, pay for everyday supplies, graduate school and helping to create scholarships for women in the fields of science and mathematics. With that being said, our goal as a team is to be 100% female led and driven. We already have an impressive lineup of women drivers from around the globe competing in every conceivable form of motorsports. We have Reilly Domingues and Satsuki Matsumoto in VRR IndyLights, Jamie Ngaire-Jardine is our driver in VRR IndyCar racing for Polaris Motorsports this season, and Eifel Tower next season. And I'm proud to announce the driver list for both the BTCS and SuperGT Season 2. In the Chevy Lacetti touring cars, we have Elise Johannessen of Sweden driving the number 13, and driving the 92 is Eva Libia Paramo of Mexico. In SuperGT, we have 2 cars worth of extremely talented drivers. In the number 80 BMW M6, we have Bettine Bernard of France and Melissa Colton of the United States of America. There have been huge changes over at the 13 camp, with Nissan Customer Racing approaching and offering us the chance to race one of their stellar Nissan GTR GT3 cars. Driving that will be Jung Jon Soo of South Korea and Margit Persson of Norway.

The opportunity to expand so much, have top notch drivers, and cars, as well as the best team out there representing us, takes a lot of resources. That being said, we do have some sad news regarding sponsorship. Unfortunately, Fujitsu have not renewed their secondary sponsorship deal with us. The last year of this deal is 2018 and will see major Fujitsu branding being run on cars for the last time in the 2018 VRR Rolex Endurance Series as well as the 2018 VRR IndyCar series. Fujitsu have remained a part of our corporate partners, however, not to the same level. However, that has given us the opportunity to go out and find another company willing to be a part of the ThinkPink.org team. our new secondary sponsor from 2018 will be Pirtek Fluid Management Systems. Wako's will remain our major partner, however, there will be Pirtek branding on our cars as well. We have found numerous smaller sponsors as well, however, I'll only touch on them briefly. We've signed small deals with Exedy Racing Clutches, StopTech Brakes, Bosch, YouTube, SumoPower, and Martini. We believe that our lineup of sponsors will help to make us an extremely competitive and well-regarded team around the world.

Now, I'm sure that you are all excited to see the cars that we will be using this season. As I said before, we have the Chevy Lacetti Touring car. In SuperGT we have a 2 car effort with both the Nissan GTR and the BMW MG, and in the 2018 VRR Rolex Endurance series, we will be running a GTR as well. I currently only have pictures from the paint shop for our Lacettis as they are about 85% completed at this point, however, I can share what we have:

Music Plays (some language) strobe lights flash, smoke billows, and the cars are there
20170503025735_1.jpg
20170503025746_1.jpg
20170503025758_1.jpg
20170503025816_1.jpg
20170503025821_1.jpg
20170503025827_1.jpg

Now, that being said, give me about a 5-minute break and I'll show off the brand new SuperGT cars. See you in just a moment!

Over to the SuperGT thread now ;)

Last edited:
I was going to hold this off for some time but since there's already been so many reveals today, it's pretty much done and getting this out of the way means I can focus on other matters:

North European Racing Team Preparing For BTCS Entry

2.jpg

By:
Allan Thomas
Cheif Editor at Racecar Magazine

Most people will probably remember that day in November of last year where team manager "rallymorten" decided to shut down most of his operations, be they on the manager side or the driver side. Turns out, however, he hasn't completely put away his toys, as he was spotted as the manager of a start-up Scandinavian racing team and was willing to give a few comments, exclusive to Racecar Magazine.

"It only took about three days for an email to reach my inbox. I gave it a read and figured this would be a good way of putting not just Scandinavia, but most of North Europe back on the motorsport world map" he says.

"The problem with small, start-up teams, particularly in Scandinavia, is the lack of interested sponsors, so the team barely had anything beside spirit and character."

"I reached out to some old friends at Fiat Chrysler, which whom I'd built a stable relationship in my days as a Ferrari team manager, who lined us up with two ex-N. Technology Alfa Romeo 156 and these test days at Monza to allow us to get to grips with them. Maybe they thought the name was a good enough throwback to when Ferrari, also under the Fiat wings, had their North American Racing Team?"

"Before we contacted Fiat, we'd figured a single car entry in the Scandinavian Touring Car Series was a highly optimistic goal, but thanks to Fiat and Alfa Romeo, both of whom have pulled their fair share of strings to get some of their often-affiliated partners involved in the project, we're able to enter two of the most iconic Super 2000 touring cars in the B-Spec Touring Car Series."

Driving the two cars for North European Racing Team will be Danish rising star Dennis Jensen, 20, and former British GT3 Series champion Adrian Waters, 32, who had previously announced his withdrawal after a huge accident at Thruxton three years ago.

"I'm definitely looking forward to this. It's the first time I'm involved with building up a new team, so I'm looking forward to the challenges that come with it" says Waters.

"And I get to input some of my experience into an up-and-coming driver. It remains to be seen just how quick a learner Dennis is."

"If I can be optimistic for a moment, I'd say we're going for the title, but then again, who isn't?" says rallymorten.

"Realistically, this season is about building the team. If we can score a few top ten finishes, or maybe a top five if the track suits us, I'm happy."

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I did originally have something completely different in mind. It was going to be a dark blue with either white or red stripes depending on the car, but I ran out of creativity and it looked rather ghastly, so I changed it up completely and it's now my creative interpretation of a certain GT4-inspired 4C racers livery. It's not the prettiest livery ever seen in a B-Spec series, but it's not half bad if I do say so myself. Might fiddle around with bulging the stuff on the windscreen, might not. Speaking of which, I've just now noticed I've forgotten the number on the windshield. Eh, that'll come.

And yes, anyone who's been looking it up, I've nicked Adrian Waters from Grid where he commonly ranks as the lowest driver. If anyone knows why that makes him a perfect fit for the team, kudos to you.

So I'm just now going to run a mock-championship (i.e. I'm cutting a few corners here and there. It's just to test if everything works, and so far, so good) and this has happened in the very first session:

BTCS Roll 1.jpg
BTCS Roll 2.jpg
BTCS Roll 3.jpg
BTCS Roll 4.jpg
BTCS Roll 5.jpg
BTCS Roll 6.jpg

Congratulations @RACECAR, you win the FailRace Award for rolling a car off a kerb while this is still in beta. Jesus. I mean, @Ninners had the decency to wait for the first official pre-season session before testing the structural integrity of the Porsche Cup cars, but.. surely this is a record for shortest amount time from test start to first car on the roof in any B-Spec series ever, weighing in at a mighty 12 minutes? (Edit: and your other driver just binned it at the exact same place, in the exact same manner on lap 2 of the first race. How well would you say things are going for you right now? :lol: ) (Edit 2: ..aaaand Monteiro strikes again. Lap 1, Race 2. Monteiroll?) (Edit 3: So, for various reasons, I've had to restart this mock-championship, and guess what? Tim Keyes (the other of RACECARs drivers) has a substantial crash caused by a kerb - at turn one)

That said, better now than when it's actually canon, right?

Last edited:
So I'm just now going to run a mock-championship (i.e. I'm cutting a few corners here and there. It's just to test if everything works, and so far, so good) and this has happened in the very first session:

View attachment 645721 View attachment 645722 View attachment 645723 View attachment 645725 View attachment 645726 View attachment 645727

Congratulations @RACECAR, you win the FailRace Award for rolling a car off a kerb while this is still in beta. Jesus. I mean, @Ninners had the decency to wait for the first official pre-season session before testing the structural integrity of the Porsche Cup cars, but.. surely this is a record for shortest amount time from test start to first car on the roof in any B-Spec series ever, weighing in at a mighty 12 minutes? (Edit: and your other driver just binned it at the exact same place, in the exact same manner on lap 2 of the first race. How well would you say things are going for you right now? :lol: ) (Edit 2: ..aaaand Monteiro strikes again. Lap 1, Race 2. Monteiroll?) (Edit 3: So, for various reasons, I've had to restart this mock-championship, and guess what? Tim Keyes (the other of RACECARs drivers) has a substantial crash caused by a kerb - at turn one)

15uvu1.jpg

I've run it over a few times now, and I believe that's (at least) most issues ironed out:
  • Two-race format is working as intended
    • Top 10 finishers from race one will start in reverse order for race two
  • Top ten drivers will score points
    • 1st: 15 pts
    • 2nd: 12 pts
    • 3rd: 10 pts
    • 4th: 8 pts
    • 5th: 6 pts
    • 6th: 5 pts
    • 7th: 4 pts
    • 8th: 3 pts
    • 9th: 2 pts
    • 10th: 1 pts
  • Inspired by Super GT, every championship point a driver has accumulated equals one kg success ballast
    • For technical reasons, weight won in the first race of a race week will be added to the car in time for race two.
  • For technical reasons, there are two 10-minute qualifying sessions to set the grid for race one
  • Each race will be approximately 50 kilometers in length, with each week totalling ~100 kilometers and the season ~800 kilometers/500 miles.
With all that said, apart from the few changes I need to make to my own cars and having to set up a championship standings table, everything seems about set on my end.

Summer time is coming up, so we have two options: start it before then and put in a break (for personal reasons) or wait for mid/late July to really kick this into gear.

Let me hear some thoughts on.. well, all of this.

The test runs don't really hold any value in predicting how things'll go once the red lights are out, but every single time I've ran it through, it's been close at the top, so I'm hopeful we'll see a good scrap for the title.

I've run it over a few times now, and I believe that's (at least) most issues ironed out:
  • Two-race format is working as intended
    • Top 10 finishers from race one will start in reverse order for race two
  • Top ten drivers will score points
    • 1st: 15 pts
    • 2nd: 12 pts
    • 3rd: 10 pts
    • 4th: 8 pts
    • 5th: 6 pts
    • 6th: 5 pts
    • 7th: 4 pts
    • 8th: 3 pts
    • 9th: 2 pts
    • 10th: 1 pts
  • Inspired by Super GT, every championship point a driver has accumulated equals one kg success ballast
    • For technical reasons, weight won in the first race of a race week will be added to the car in time for race two.
  • For technical reasons, there are two 10-minute qualifying sessions to set the grid for race one
  • Each race will be approximately 50 kilometers in length, with each week totalling ~100 kilometers and the season ~800 kilometers/500 miles.
With all that said, apart from the few changes I need to make to my own cars and having to set up a championship standings table, everything seems about set on my end.

Summer time is coming up, so we have two options: start it before then and put in a break (for personal reasons) or wait for mid/late July to really kick this into gear.

Let me hear some thoughts on.. well, all of this.

The test runs don't really hold any value in predicting how things'll go once the red lights are out, but every single time I've ran it through, it's been close at the top, so I'm hopeful we'll see a good scrap for the title.
Everything sounds good to me, and I trust you to make the best decision for you when it comes to the timetable.

Would someone be willing to paint my cars?
What'cha need?

hope it's not too late :)

It most certainly isn't, old one! Welcome back to the B-Spec fold!

As I've just gotten news of the summer plans being cancelled (this is what you get for not owning a multinational company), I'd say to keep things open for a few more weeks and have the season kick off some time in late June (because Le Mans and stuff. No way am I not watching that as much as possible)

In addition to a driver title, plans are to also have the team title and a constructors title, and don't worry, it won't be biased toward the 4 BMW teams :lol:

I'd be willing to take part but have no experience painting cars. If anyone was willing to do that side for me, I'd join the series with 2 SEAT Leons with the same paint scheme with different drivers of course.

I'd be willing to take part but have no experience painting cars. If anyone was willing to do that side for me, I'd join the series with 2 SEAT Leons with the same paint scheme with different drivers of course.
I can be of assistance. It won't win any beauty contest, but I can do decent work. Send me a message with the details and I'll see what I can do.

..and finally, the championship tables are done and can be found exactly where you'd expect them in the OP. That took an awful lot longer than it needed to, and I'll still have to wait for entries to close before I can finish the manufacturer one.

Like I said, I'm aiming to do the first round of the season within the next month or so, so get working on fine tuning them cars! :)

Back