[B-Spec] BTCS - B-Spec Touring Car Series - Back From The Dead

Man, that's three Seat Leon teams in the series already, it's certainly not the car i would have expected to have the second-most teams using it. :lol:
No love for the Toledo though, doesn't need any.

..with that surprise out of the way, we're up to a grand total of 29 cars from 15 teams, 7 models from 6 manufacturers (each of which is represented by at least two teams) and the E46 BMW and Seat Toledo being the only cars not on the grid.

I'll have to check all the tracks first, but if I'm not mistaken, that means there's space for one last single car entry (or a second car from @SonicCharmeleon) before I'll have to cut down on two-car teams (in which case I'll sacrifice myself first and then go in order of who joined last).

What surprises me IS the lack of E46 entries. Come on people, Need For Speed: Most Wanted? Total Immersion Racing? Do those names mean nothing to your nostalgia? So much potential left untapped...

Speaking of entries, guess it's time to reveal mine. After all, the other Peugeot team has gotten their reveal out of the way... Got to pull off my proverbial end of the bargain.

Without further ado, here it is!

Pug shot r.png

Oops, not quite yet, hot shots. The picture itself is self-explanatory, I dare say... :sly:

Last edited:
Have to pull out of the series, sorry @rallymorten, can't seem to fit getting a livery in and actually participating and watching. I seem like I always forget, so it's no use in competing. :nervous:

It was a battle against attrition more than anything else as the first official BTCS pre-season tests got underway in San Francisco.

Setting the pace in this opening 15 minute session was Phillip J Fry in the #26 Planet Express Racing Seat, narrowly beating the Tsuchigami no Mugen Hondas of Kanzaki (#73) and "Shanghai" (#76), with a lap time on the San Francisco Grand Prix circuit of 2:22.141. B.K.Glover (#79, Starion Motorsports) and Leela Tortuga (#27, Planet Express Racing) rounded out the top five.

Car preservation, however, was the big topic up and down the pits. The narrow city streets combined with the elevation changes and a significant loss of traction when off the racing line means most, if not all, teams have some work to do before testing recommences Thursday.

Freakin' robot stole my racing number, now it's stealin' my racing thunder. Oi @YayoiGT2, what kind of high treason is this? I'm filing a complaint to FIA! :irked:

Well, time is due (since my little harmless joke didn't do much of anything for most here), here they are;

Orange Tail Project reveals entries for BTCS, confirms partnership with Peugeot Sport
Pug shot dual.png

After a brief joke teaser, the newly-founded Orange Tail Project unveiled their entries for BTCS, fully confirming a partnership with Peugeot Sport for this year's season. It didn't take much for the deal to be struck; Aleixo briefly drove a 407 during a special event at Spa Francorchamps, wearing the colors of Japanese series Gunslinger Girl. The unsuccessful venture didn't phase Aleixo, a massive Touring Car fan, and when the announcement of BTCS came about, the choice was obvious from the get-go.
"It was working with Sochaux or nothing", Aleixo spoke during the presentation. "One race doesn't gauge a car's full performance, and we know the package we have is consistent enough to give rivals a headache." The Portuguese introduced his teammate, Japan's Asuka Haneoka, a newcomer to the racing world. Once a genius police officer at the age of 14, Haneoka has now grown into one of Japan's future Touring Car stars, and his rapid growth caught Aleixo's attention. "Haneoka may be a young buck, but he does come with a good bang-for-your-buck value", a sentence which drew quite a few laughs from the gathered audience.

"And speaking of value, time to get something of our own stolen. Our hearts, that is!" With the dropping of the veils and the dawn of the spotlights, the #30 and #31 Peugeot 407s appeared, showing the other partner in the Orange Tail Project; Kaitou Saint Tail, a Japanese franchise consisting of a manga series and an animated one in the mid-'90s. The two chassis, named "Meimi" (#30) and "Ruby" (#31), are distinguished by the colors of their side mirrors and rear spoiler (pink for the #30, orange for the #31), as they are both clad in dark red with a gradient pink stripe. "I'd like to thank (B.K.) Glover for helping us out with this paintjob, from one Peugeot team owner to another. Let's try not clash car too often, alright?", Aleixo laughed, speaking of Starion Motorsports' owner and fellow Peugeot driver as a "fellow friend and rival, all in one". "Seeing Starion's performance in SanFran (this unveiling was done after the San Francisco test session) gives us hope of a solid season. If we're not winning, we'll be competing for the top 5."
One last question brought out a final set of laughs; when the infamous "Saint Trolled" teaser was brought up, one journalist asked "Is that a sign that other drivers will be stolen?"

To which Aleixo answered "The wallets will be safe, but keep an eye out for your victory trophy. I might pull a sleight of hand like a true magician and hide it in my top hat..."

Day 2 of testing in San Francisco has now come to an end, with some surprising results.

The early stages of the session saw Gary Slater (#10, BMW Team Scotland) leading the way with a 2:22.699. That is, until the Orange Tail Project Peugeot of Asuka Haneoka (#31) woke up and promptly wiped the floor with everyone else, setting a time of 2:21.618 - half a second quicker than the fastest lap yesterday. Trailing them was, once again, the two Tsuchigami no Mugen Hondas, James Williamson (#74, Wilson Racing) and the two Planet Express Racing Seats.

Once again, the session was plagued by accidents all around the circuit, eventually forcing the session to end prematurely, so, whilst not too much can be read into these tests, some teams have got a significant amount of homework to do before Portimão in a few weeks time.

Once again I urge that people send me what they have if they consider their livery (mostly) done. Even if it's slightly unfinished or a lower resolution due to not being submitted correctly, it's better than the poo brown I will color your cars if you, for whatever reason, don't submit your livery in time: I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Police power represent! I don't know what happened to Aleixo (aka myself, haha), but I like wiping the floor with the competition. And no, I didn't use Asuka's police skillz to bribe the timewatchers just Saint Tail's magic to blind them and mess with their stopwatches.

And I apologize for not posting the liveries alongside the press release, but @BKGlover is the one who has the cleaned up (i.e. without black side trim covering up the numbers) versions. I don't know if he has already sent them to you in the meanwhile, but the heads-up is here nonetheless...

question - will you also use the rim textures? I want to make mine black/dark grey, but i remember there was some issue with that last time i did some bspec thing

I'll see what I can do to accomodate any wishes, be it rim color or metallic paint, but I won't promise anything.

That was perfect timing, just earlier today I was checking who were still missing liveries, the list of which has been updated and can still be found in the entry list. You know who you are.

As of right now, this is what the grid looks like, in completely random order:

BTCS preview.jpg

Best case, we're that little less than two weeks away from starting the season.

That was perfect timing, just earlier today I was checking who were still missing liveries, the list of which has been updated and can still be found in the entry list. You know who you are.

As of right now, this is what the grid looks like, in completely random order:

View attachment 651694

Best case, we're that little less than two weeks away from starting the season.
MY CAR LEADS! #JamesTheLegend

Sorry, as hype as I am for this, I'm far too busy with both real-life work and administration with my Discord community. I regret having to announce that Tsuchigami no Mugen will not participate in the upcoming season.

I'm going to go ahead and make this official:

Round One (and thus Races One and Two) of the B-Spec Touring Car Series shall commence at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal next weekend.

Will everyone who has not yet submitted a livery (which, if I'm correct, is now only @GTRacer22, @RACECAR and @SonicCharmeleon ) please do their utmost to ensure your livery is in my hands by this Wednesday, whether you're doing it yourself or have someone commissioned to do it for you - your car, your responsibility.

Should a car not have a livery (be it a temporary one or the final product) by the time I wake up Thursday, you're left in the mercy of the imagination of me and anyone else with a bit too much spare time on their hands.

I'm going to go ahead and make this official:

Round One (and thus Races One and Two) of the B-Spec Touring Car Series shall commence at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal next weekend.

Will everyone who has not yet submitted a livery (which, if I'm correct, is now only @GTRacer22, @RACECAR and @SonicCharmeleon ) please do their utmost to ensure your livery is in my hands by this Wednesday, whether you're doing it yourself or have someone commissioned to do it for you - your car, your responsibility.

Should a car not have a livery (be it a temporary one or the final product) by the time I wake up Thursday, you're left in the mercy of the imagination of me and anyone else with a bit too much spare time on their hands.
So in one week's time, basically? I should be able to do that. 👍

Racerworkz BMWs break cover

GTR2 2017-06-18_21-26-23.png

GTR2 2017-06-18_21-31-57.png

After a long time of silence, The Racerworkz team finally showed off its two cars at the Nurburgring during a rolling photoshoot. The young drivers for the Samsung backed machines will be the series only mixed driver Jorge Monteiro in the 32 while British Formula BMW driver Tim Keyes will pilot the 33.

Oh @GTRacer22 , its just you nao.

Here are my HRSC Racing Liveries for this Series!

#19 Pedro Harsk Body.png
#20 Philip Dart.png

I couldn't do Window Templates and I meant to add these two logos on the windshield....

alfa_romeo_script-logo_2.jpg
ALFA-ROMEO-156-GTA-1280_26.jpg

Can someone help me, please?

@rallymorten So, uh, autocorrect may have gotten the better of me. When filling in the drivers form it seems to have changed "Turanga" to "Tortuga", and when I was doing the windows I was copying off the form without really paying attention. So with that embarrassing confession, I hereby present the corrected window file, and submit an ammended entry.

#27 - Leela Turanga - Planet Express Racing

Attachments

• planex27windows.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
Back