[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
As with Monza, go to the GTR2Series YouTube page and simply add "/live" to the end of the URL. That should take you to it.

Didn't even need to do that; the live feed just shows up as one of the video thumbnails in the main channel page. Thank you, organized YouTube, you're a good pal when you work properly. :D:tup:

Those are some really loud engines though, caught me off by how loud they actually are in the video...

Well, it's certainly better, I can keep the overall volume at 60 without feeling like my eardrums are about to piledrive themselves. That's as high as I'm willing to go, however...

Stream has just ended, so I thought I'd jump in with something I just managed to capture at the end. It basically sums up the entire session:

GTR2 2016-04-29_22-42-23.jpg

Get hyped for in 23 hours and 12 minutes, this can only go much wronger than how this turned out.

Yeah, if you could read the ninja edit in my post, I'd feel slightly less idiotic.

Stream has started, doing some pre race stuff. Also plz report on the sound levels, I'm doing things that don't work.

As the few people who were there at the end may have noticed, things did not go to plan. Not at all.

First, I find out just how wonky the pit entry is on this Nordschleife. Then, after nearly an hour of total speaking time, I find out the mic and service is confused and is not at all streaming what I say, and in trying to fix that, the game goes rogue as well. I try to restart everything, it gets going and I ask people (it showed at least two people viewing - myself and one more) if it's any better. No response, so it was either still broken or, well..

Anyway, I gave up on the stream and tried to run it normally, but that was no succes either as the game kept crashing (or rather alt-tabbing out of itself and then crash when you try to open it again) after some time and has done the same every time I've tried so far.

I had to say something about being "broken beyond repair", didn't I? :lol:

I'll see what I can find out about both issues and run everything until Spa as a normal highlight package. I do still plan on making Spa a live stream, maybe with some guest commentators if that has any interesting and I can find out how it works.

I really choose the worst possible time to join the stream, because I wasn't even aware of the absence of commentary... I left after the game decided to K.O. itself following morten's tinkering to get commentary alive again, and forgot to rejoin. Turns out there was no chance of redemption for GTR2 after that, it's a shame.

So yes, I would get a rabbit's paw wrapped in cloverleafs, because you jinxed it by mentioning "things broken beyond repair"... :lol:

Also, regarding other commentators, I'd be interested in hearing a second party. If you think I could be said party, I'm open for suggestions... :sly:

Right, I've been messing about with some settings, so it's either working or more broken than before. Who knows.

Plans are to run a trial-and-error session Friday at the same time as last to check for any last issues. If said issues can be fixed, the race will happen on Saturday at the same time as last. If it turns out it's not fixable, I'll either revert to highlights or abandon it midsente

Alright, the stream is just about ready. I have done some tests that suggest it to be working, but we'll see.

Go to the channel, add /live to the url and it should show that this "new" stream is happening somewhere.

Alright, the stream is just about ready. I have done some tests that suggest it to be working, but we'll see.

Go to the channel, add /live to the url and it should show that this "new" stream is happening somewhere.

Is it happening in this time & Space continuum?

Is it happening in this time & Space continuum?

As per tradition, it has already happened.

Now I'm just struggling to make sense of how the YT service actually works. I'm not sure why it still thinks the stream is.. well, not online, but still active in some way.

Race stream has now begun.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand screen driver has decided to bend me over and 🤬 everything up.

Consider this on standby until I've knocked some sense into my PC.

Last edited:
I return with news for anyone who may stumble upon this.

First of all, exams are over, so there's that.

Secondly, I have done a lot of googling in order to find a solution that works. I'm delighted to say, it may be working now. That is, if the three-hour 50-GT3-cars-strong full-rain-at-midnight stress test with no obvious issues other than the framerate is anything to go by.

The technical side should be pretty much sorted, then. Now the only problem is me getting the distinct feeling that trying to just continue this where it was left off would be beating a dead horse. Then there's the "market" for this kind of series which (to me) seems to become more and more like Black Friday, tryin' to sell your organisation and everything by providing as many series as possible. If there really is some sort of "collaboration" (those I'm referring to, directly or indirectly, know who they are), then I'm not seeing any effects. And there's also the PC continuing to screw everything up..

Case in point, I'm throwing the towel in when it comes to trying to organise a series. At least for the time being. It was fun while it lasted. While it actually was "for fun".

Latest Posts

Back