B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
I have used B-spec now to finish those pesky Kart races (not Redbull yet), a few of the Nascar races, and some of the Super races. My experience is that Overtake command will get him to cut corners tighter, Accelerate does what it says (right off the track if you are not careful). I have used Accelerate to push opponents out of the way too. Slipstream was good for Nascar (get near the front, slipstream towards the end of the race, then Overtake/Accelerate). And as others have mentioned, the X-bow on the 'ring to get credit.

Anyone else noticed audio issues since the 1.16 update? Mine has gotten distorted or cut out all together?

There are a few that I have tried already that will do this. The Rocket, all 3 of the X-Bows, Mazda Furai, Chaparral 2J all of those can win with ease and not pit. There are probably several more that can do it.
I also tried the Mazda RX500, no pit but failed to win, not quite fast enough.

I got that trophy the first time I drove Willow 20 mile. Ford GT 06 ran out of gas on the final straight and coasted across the line. Did it 3 times with that car in that race over the first two weeks after the game was released. That wasn't my intention at the time btw, just the way it worked out

I set my Rocket up on RS tires, went away for 30 minutes. He came third, so I suspected the Rocket was not fast enough.

The problem was I gave Bob too many tire choices. He pitted twice, once for wets and then to RH.

A Rocket with only RH and RS tires, started on RS, doesn't pit. And it wins by a large margin.

I set my Rocket up on RS tires, went away for 30 minutes. He came third, so I suspected the Rocket was not fast enough.

The problem was I gave Bob too many tire choices. He pitted twice, once for wets and then to RH.

A Rocket with only RH and RS tires, started on RS, doesn't pit. And it wins by a large margin.
Yes you don't want any wet tires at all. Start the race on RS and set it to push pace at the start. The rocket will win every time.

Do the same thing with the XBow and it will win every time just by a larger margin than the rocket. Most times the auto replay kicks in before any of the AI reach the finish line and XBow wins by ~1:30+

I'm still getting the occasional PS3 system lockup requiring a forced power off of the console.

Sadly, the AutoSave doesn't necessarily kick in every time between B-Spec races, so I have lost a lot of credits in such events. Now I take the time to force a Save between races.

These lockups occur on all three of my PS3s (multi screen) when running GT6, but most often on the center one. A center screen lockup will sometimes trigger One or two client screen lockups. In most cases, the PS3(s) involved will spend some time checking the file system.

I've already earned about 10mil from SSRX with the Mercedes Vision GT (road version). This will be my default until I reach the 20mil limit, then I'll go on a 'shopping' spree. Wooo!

Does that Pagani Huayra ever break? I mean I've grinded SSRX almost 800 times with Bob now, both the chassis and engine of the car are dark red and I'm still doing times just over the 4 minute mark. I thought at some point long ago I'd have to rebuild both chassis and engine but there seems to be no point in doing so. Oil I do change between grinding sessions because it's super cheap. But what happens if you keep using a car over and over without repairing?

2015-03-06%2016.18.47.jpg

2015-03-06%2016.19.23.jpg

2015-03-06%2017.12.19.jpg

On a side note I've been doing some of the other career races with Bob - not grinding but actually playing B-spec - and it's quite fun, especially when I'm tired and want to play some GT6 in lazy mode. It's actually interesting to bring less popular cars to races and see/wonder if Bob can win with them.

Does that Pagani Huayra ever break? I mean I've grinded SSRX almost 800 times with Bob now, both the chassis and engine of the car are dark red and I'm still doing times just over the 4 minute mark. I thought at some point long ago I'd have to rebuild both chassis and engine but there seems to be no point in doing so. Oil I do change between grinding sessions because it's super cheap. But what happens if you keep using a car over and over without repairing?
If it is anything like GT4 there will come a point when the car levels out and stops loosing HP and rigidity. I used to run cars to the point that the oil was black as tar, body was warped and the engine was worn out and then I would use those in the endurance races as they would not drop power nor handling during the race. What you started with was what you finished with. I can't say if it will still be that way in GT6 though.

I really hope for Endurance racing in GT7 again with a use of B-Spec exactly like in GT4. Anything else would,be quite disappointing to me. I mean, it took over a year to release this B-Spec to us? Except the real time commandos it's nothing really new. And without endurance racing it's just boring and not a feature i'll use.

I really hope they finish GT6 long before we ever hear of a GT7.

And there is no excuse now why endurance racing isn't in GT6.

I have used B-spec now to finish those pesky Kart races (not Redbull yet),

I intended to do the same thing, but I still can't beat the last (IB) GT Kart 125 race at the Gran Turismo arena. Closest I've gotten is second. Haven't tried the shifter one yet.

It's close enough that I've basically spent the whole race holding down "overtake," though backing off that seems to help a little.

I was really hoping B spec would finally let me be done with this karting crap, but I guess not.:banghead:

2015-03-06%2016.18.47.jpg

2015-03-06%2016.19.23.jpg

2015-03-06%2017.12.19.jpg

On a side note I've been doing some of the other career races with Bob - not grinding but actually playing B-spec - and it's quite fun, especially when I'm tired and want to play some GT6 in lazy mode. It's actually interesting to bring less popular cars to races and see/wonder if Bob can win with them.

I was curious how much faster Bob would be if I restored chassis and engine on the Huayra and he's doing laps now in the 3:59.xxx area (first few laps). Tuning settings are the exact same as before, coming from this thread (the post about Shmo's top speed Huayra setup and then some extra toe/camber suggestions for B-spec).

When Bob was driving around a completely broken Huayra (but still with fresh oil), usually I would have times between 4:03 and 4:07, sometimes towards 4:09. So as I expected it's not really worth it to repair the Huayra if you just use it for B-spec grinding.

I did notice though that sometimes Bob slams into a car in the midfield pack. This seems to be a bit random and can influence times quite a bit. Also if he gets a good slipstream off or not also depends on the other cars. Maybe slamming into a car early is even a good thing so Bob stays behind cars a bit longer and can 'catapult' himself to high speeds because of slipstream. I haven't payed all that much attention to this to be honest, if you get slower than expected times, just exit the event and re-enter the grid so you have a new grid of hamsters in the field.

I intended to do the same thing, but I still can't beat the last (IB) GT Kart 125 race at the Gran Turismo arena. Closest I've gotten is second. Haven't tried the shifter one yet.

It's close enough that I've basically spent the whole race holding down "overtake," though backing off that seems to help a little.

I was really hoping B spec would finally let me be done with this karting crap, but I guess not.:banghead:

I'm not the greatest driver myself and I only started playing most part of the game's career mode in january 2015, but I finished all the kart races in A-spec without too much of a hassle (patch 1.15). I think with older versions of the game they were more difficult, have you tried to do them again recently? I agree that the kart events are a PITA to complete but I just looked up tuning settings for the karts online and it went quite well. I needed a few tries though but that was mostly to get used to the handling of the karts. In fact I never did the kart races straight after driving cars, always as the first driving of an evening so I was not used to car handling just before I switched to a kart. I had all assists on as well I think, no need to make it myself harder for those pesky kart races (I really don't like them, FWIW they can drop most of them for GT7 and give us more snow and rally races instead. :)

If you prefer to do them in B-spec anyway, still look up those tunes. And from my experience in other B-spec events, I have the best results setting Bob to "push the race" or "push it hard" and then mostly I only give the X-command to accelerate (just before and after corners are important) with the occasional command to slipstream or to change directions. I never use overtake, I always let Bob slipstream closer, then switch to accelerate and use the switch lanes commands to do the overtaking "manual", works much better, especially in corners.

I really hope they finish GT6 long before we ever hear of a GT7.

And there is no excuse now why endurance racing isn't in GT6.

The fact that they never said that it would be, and the fact that only a very very small percentage of GT buyers actually participate in it. Both seem like good reasons, as much as I wish endurance racing had been included.

The fact that they never said that it would be, and the fact that only a very very small percentage of GT buyers actually participate in it. Both seem like good reasons, as much as I wish endurance racing had been included.

The fact that there is no provision for swapping driver duties with bob, unless it is updated, would also seem to indicate that there will be no real endurance races...unfortunately.

I'm not the greatest driver myself and I only started playing most part of the game's career mode in january 2015, but I finished all the kart races in A-spec without too much of a hassle (patch 1.15). I think with older versions of the game they were more difficult, have you tried to do them again recently?
Nah, it's been a while—I posted about it back in November.
If you prefer to do them in B-spec anyway, still look up those tunes. And from my experience in other B-spec events, I have the best results setting Bob to "push the race" or "push it hard" and then mostly I only give the X-command to accelerate (just before and after corners are important) with the occasional command to slipstream or to change directions. I never use overtake, I always let Bob slipstream closer, then switch to accelerate and use the switch lanes commands to do the overtaking "manual", works much better, especially in corners.
Interesting, though I'm not sure how much effect the "slipstream" command will have in the karts, given their low speed. Perhaps it ultimately doesn't matter and the B-spec AI doesn't care whether or not the slipstreaming is actually effective.

I'm not the greatest driver myself and I only started playing most part of the game's career mode in january 2015, but I finished all the kart races in A-spec without too much of a hassle (patch 1.15).
Yes they were a bit harder early on, no assists such as TCS for the karts until they added it in a patch later.

Personally I thought the kart races were easy enough. I needed a few laps on the GT arena tracks to get a feel for them and I think I had to run the 125cc championship twice to get gold but that was mostly because of doing it the first time without ever having been on the track.

I especially like the shifter karts, those things are a blast to drive :)

Now I know what the B in B-spec stands for: Backseat driver.

I mean, that's exactly what it is. Someone else is driving, and you're giving him orders: "Now you can overtake, hurry up!" "Brake!" "Come on, accelerate", "Now move over to the left lane", "Use the slipstream!"

Next time you use B-spec, imagine that you're sitting in the car with Bob, shouting the commands at him. It makes it more entertaining (and terrifying, when you realise that at "push hard" he just floors it as if there was no tomorrow).

Best race yet with Bob behind the wheel: Nürburgring 24 Hours in a Ford GT40 mark 1 road car. Absolutely no downforce what so ever, and Bob doing a reenactment of the Charge of the Light Brigade down the rain-soaked hills and over the blind crests... it was so epic :D

They didn't need to say it would be in. It has always been in so it should have been in. If your second reason is referring to the GT5 save data PD published, that was on Hall completion not participation in events, if I recall, and that data was self fulfilling anyway. We all knew the quickest way to money and experience was through special/seasonal events so that's what everybody not racing online did instead of the traditional endurance money earner.

My first race in GT2 and GT3 was an endurance race, it would have been the same in GT4 and GT5 had the games not been structured the way they were. I will not buy GT7 if endurance is missing.

They didn't need to say it would be in. It has always been in so it should have been in. If you are referring to the GT5 save data PD published, that was on Hall completion not participation in events, if I recall, and that data was self fulfilling anyway, we all knew the quickest way to money and experience was through special/seasonal events so that's what everybody not racing online did instead of the traditional endurance money earner.

I'm not referring to any statistics, I'm just assuming (as it seems obvious) that a very small percentage of GT buyers are hardcore racing game enthusiasts, and from that small percentage not all of them are interested in endurance events, so omitting them hurts a very tiny minority of their target market. After all, casuals play just as much for the game as we do.

Well they never said they would add the longer races so there was no reason to expect them to be added. Personally I found them to be extremely long and boring and given that there is no random failures, no damage and such the only endurance thing about them was can you do it without loosing power, system crash or falling asleep from boredom.

I know some like them for whatever reason but I would say that most GT players are not really interested in driving the same race for 24 straight hours with or without Bob helping out.

Ideally what they should have done was put them in the game with a scale slider ranging from 24 minutes to 24 hours and then scale the prize money on the same scale as the time. That would have likely made everyone happy.

I don't mind the 24 minute races so much other than the fact that it always rains on them. Would be nice if that was random instead.

With five games leading up to this series having endurance races, it really doesn't make any sense for PD to have spent so much effort in adding so many tracks with 24 hour time and weather to not have any plans for endurance races, guess it’s one for Sigmund Freud to figure out.

To me I think there original plans was to add them, seems what they where planning for, but some unknown forces made them change directions.

i just use B-Spec as a grinder when i want money dont want to race. I take my GT and make it do the Like The Wind: Race 3 a buttload of times. so many times that i know it does the lap in 4:21 every time and first by a minimum of 7 seconds

FS7
Lack of endurance races in career mode wouldn't be much of a problem if PD had done the smart thing and made all options available in arcade mode, in that way players could set up their own endurance races with any car & track they want.

Or even better, made a race creator linked to the career mode. I don't really like arcade mode, because the cars doesn't accumulate any mileage. You can do 50 laps around a track, but the moment you quit it's like it never happened.

Bob has been hitting N24 with the X-Bow for so long now that the only premium cars left for me to buy on the european dealership section are the two 20 million Jaguars and the 15 million Lamborghini.

I used bob in the Like the Wind a number of times last night. I had him in the Alfa TZ3. He was doing 4:01 on his own after a fresh oil change. Makes paying bills seem like fun ;), no, really, I was paying bills while I ran him through the race. Get him started and have him push hard and let him go. He earned about 2 million for me last night.

I'm using the controls better now. When I first started using b-spec in GT6 I was hitting the buttons and letting go thinking he was going to continue on for a while doing what I asked. But they are real time and as soon as you let off so does bob.

I'll have to try the Kart races again with him and myself if they have been made easier. I have yet to win those.

Back