B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
I don't know how that would keep momentum for GT6. Most who were going to buy it already have and those who are looking to get PCars at release will do so no matter what GT does.

If anything waiting so long has hurt them in a big way. If when the track maker comes out it is not much improved over GT5 and also allow you to create a track from GPS data on both iPhone and Android devices then the wait will hurt even more possibly causing many fans to not bother with the next installment of the GT series.

I don't know how that would keep momentum for GT6. Most who were going to buy it already have and those who are looking to get PCars at release will do so no matter what GT does.

If anything waiting so long has hurt them in a big way. If when the track maker comes out it is not much improved over GT5 and also allow you to create a track from GPS data on both iPhone and Android devices then the wait will hurt even more possibly causing many fans to not bother with the next installment of the GT series.

I get your point.

By momentum, I meant within the GT6 player base but I still feel that (Sony) marketing had a hand in making decisions. The climate has changed for GT6, Sony have winked at the situation and told PD to secure the future of quality games for the PS4. Sony are going to get PD to bamboozle the PS4 user base with stunning images and GPS inspired gameplay.
PS4 users will no doubt by GT7 in droves, just like they did on the PS3 with GT5 also GT3 on the PS2.

I fully agree with what Nooboogering is saying. But I'm pretty sure Sony also want their driving simulator flagship out on the PS4 as soon as possible, which is nice for those of us who rather wait for GT7. They probably have long meetings with PD about just how much dev effort has to be put in GT7 and how much in GT6. I also expect the next GT6 update to be close to the Project Cars release date and I wouldn't even be surprised if we would also get some big announcements and info about GT7 at the same time. Sony / PD want GT6 players to buy GT7 eventually and they give us new GT6 content while waiting for that.

Project Cars sure looks interesting to me but there are a lot of good things in GT6 as well which are not in Project Cars, just look at all the classic cars for example. Sure project cars has some very nice graphics, great engine sound and some really interesting circuits (classic Francorchamps looks great!) but I read some negative impressions about car handling as well. I'm just going to sit it out and see how the community responds, and while doing that I will enjoy GT6 some more as well.

Bob is definitely not subject to the same rules of physics we are. The car Bob can use to run 3:55s around Route X will absolutely kill me. I can't keep it out of the walls. He has no issues.

I've managed to get the Huayra up to 304 with no draft. Best I can tell the transmission and ride height are the two biggest factors. Most any suspension settings can work otherwise.

quick question will Bob pit for tyres/fuel when they get too low like in GT5 or do you have to tell him to do it yourself? I want to know before I start doing some of the endurance races

Should of responded to your post earlier and can I be serious for one bit.
To me the very world we live in takes on many advantages for companies to promote and release their products and timing is crucial. PD and Sony releasing material when it is an advantage for them.
For instance..Project cars releases next month, PD releases the course maker within the same period. This keeps up momentum for GT6 in spite of the release of Project cars.
Project cars was delayed and this affected the strategy in (Sony) marketing and the course maker was on hold until Pcars goes gold.

I would do it if I am running a corporation and it's well known to have happened loads of times.
I had a hunch they plan it that way too, but to be honest waiting for years to introduce features that you promoted when you released your product will piss of most of your customers, so it's not very smart.

In PD's case they have a rep for being slow as hell. Before we had to wait years on end for a new game to be released, now they release earlier but then you have to wait for years until they actually finish the game :lol:

quick question will Bob pit for tyres/fuel when they get too low like in GT5 or do you have to tell him to do it yourself? I want to know before I start doing some of the endurance races
It does it automatically. You can cancel it or make him pit whenever though.

B-spec mode alone helped to move 10% of my career forward in GT6 in just 3 days. That's amazing. There was some championships and races that couldn't do, like the Dream Car Championship and the 24 mins of Nurb.

Plus, it generated me around 6-7 million already, without much grinding, just some short periods here and there.

Thank you PD for getting it back. And thank you Bob and his beloved #99 British Racing Green 650PP LCC Rocket.:cheers:

I see my stats page has change my favorite car and track now thanks to B-Spec. It was showing Bathurst and Subaru Gt300 base model. now shows Nurburgring 24hr and XBow

Grinding credits at Route X while watching the NASCAR race (hasn't actually started yet....now one to go!!) on the big screen....Sundays couldn't get much better. :) Already ground around 12 mil today as I started a bit early while eating breakfast. I had to stop about an hour ago and buy about 7 mil worth of cars as I reached the limit, but now back to grinding my way back up.
12 mil credits at Route X is close to 6 continuous hours of grinding... 12mil / 140 k per race = 85.7 races x 4 min per race(more or less) = 342,85 minutes = 5 hours,43 minutes (approximately)... It is more because the race is a little longer than 4 min and saving and restarting takes 20 or 30 seconds each time...

I've had B_Spec going now more often than not since Sat morning at first running SSRX and then Nurburgring 24. No big deal just hit a couple of buttons every now and then and do whatever.

I had 18 mil in my account when I started. I bought a 20 mil car and a 15 mil car and now have over 30 mil again. Looks like that 250 GTO will be in the garage soon

I've had B_Spec going now more often than not since Sat morning at first running SSRX and then Nurburgring 24. No big deal just hit a couple of buttons every now and then and do whatever.

I had 18 mil in my account when I started. I bought a 20 mil car and a 15 mil car and now have over 30 mil again. Looks like that 250 GTO will be in the garage soon

That's the one I want! The 250 GTO... but because it sounds quite bad, I think I will go for the Lambo Miura and Alfa first... 25 million on those 2... I'm @ 10.

That's the one I want! The 250 GTO... but because it sounds quite bad, I think I will go for the Lambo Miura and Alfa first... 25 million on those 2... I'm @ 10.

I bought the Miura and the 330P4 Saturday already had the 69 GT40 and the XJ13 so the 250 is next and then the other GT40

12 mil credits at Route X is close to 6 continuous hours of grinding... 12mil / 140 k per race = 85.7 races x 4 min per race(more or less) = 342,85 minutes = 5 hours,43 minutes (approximately)... It is more because the race is a little longer than 4 min and saving and restarting takes 20 or 30 seconds each time...

And your point is? :confused: :odd: I ground for about 12 hours that day, off and on while doing other things including watching the race. I'm not sure why you are trying to call me out here, I have nothing to lie about. Like I said, I started around 9am while eating breakfast and just kept going while I did other things. I was already around 42 mil when I started, so maybe that's where your confusion is. Again, I have no reason to lie about this, and why would I anyway as it would just prove how much of a life I don't have. :indiff:

And your point is? :confused: :odd: I ground for about 12 hours that day, off and on while doing other things including watching the race. I'm not sure why you are trying to call me out here, I have nothing to lie about. Like I said, I started around 9am while eating breakfast and just kept going while I did other things. I was already around 42 mil when I started, so maybe that's where your confusion is. Again, I have no reason to lie about this, and why would I anyway as it would just prove how much of a life I don't have. :indiff:
I was just stating... You are perfectly ok... Give people an idea how many movies can they watch on Netflix or Youtube while getting credits on GT6... Route X is the best way to do it by not effectively instructing Bob what to do...And still, on those long straights he bumps into other cars...

I was just stating... You are perfectly ok... Give people an idea how many movies can they watch on Netflix or Youtube while getting credits on GT6... Route X is the best way to do it by not effectively instructing Bob what to do...And still, on those long straights he bumps into other cars...
It is if you are going to be nearby and don't mind needing to press some buttons every 5 minutes.
If you want a little more time between button presses or fewer presses per million credits then Nurburgring 24 minutes is the best way to do it.

5 races on SSRX takes about 25 minutes so long as you pay attention. It will yield you 700k credits total.
1 race on Nurburgring takes about 27-28 minutes with no need for interaction and will yield you 614k credits.

So which is better depends on how closely you want to keep an eye on him.

It is if you are going to be nearby and don't mind needing to press some buttons every 5 minutes.
If you want a little more time between button presses or fewer presses per million credits then Nurburgring 24 minutes is the best way to do it.

5 races on SSRX takes about 25 minutes so long as you pay attention. It will yield you 700k credits total.
1 race on Nurburgring takes about 27-28 minutes with no need for interaction and will yield you 614k credits.

So which is better depends on how closely you want to keep an eye on him.
Correct... It is relative anyway, because if you are doing something else while Bob is winning Route X, than you could miss seconds or minutes off his finish... I was watching a documentary on YouTube and miss his win few times, restarted after the whole lineup finished the race. If you pay attention, an hour of Route X gets you more credits than Nurb... it is boring, I'll give you that... At some point, I went to Quick Match, won few times at Bathurst for more than 300k credits, just to break the monotony. Best way is to set up an alarm on the cellphone... Every 4 minutes ... Route X...

IMHO, B-Spec fun is what you make of it.

For example, I set myself a goal of winning the 24 Minutes of the 'Ring without making any pit stops. So far, I've only found one car that can do it.

Another goal was to win the trophy for winning a race with less than 1% fuel remaining. (Also on the 'Ring, coasted over the finish line!)

IMHO, B-Spec fun is what you make of it.

For example, I set myself a goal of winning the 24 Minutes of the 'Ring without making any pit stops. So far, I've only found one car that can do it.
There are a few that I have tried already that will do this. The Rocket, all 3 of the X-Bows, Mazda Furai, Chaparral 2J all of those can win with ease and not pit. There are probably several more that can do it.
I also tried the Mazda RX500, no pit but failed to win, not quite fast enough.
Another goal was to win the trophy for winning a race with less than 1% fuel remaining. (Also on the 'Ring, coasted over the finish line!)
I got that trophy the first time I drove Willow 20 mile. Ford GT 06 ran out of gas on the final straight and coasted across the line. Did it 3 times with that car in that race over the first two weeks after the game was released. That wasn't my intention at the time btw, just the way it worked out

Correct... It is relative anyway, because if you are doing something else while Bob is winning Route X, than you could miss seconds or minutes off his finish... I was watching a documentary on YouTube and miss his win few times, restarted after the whole lineup finished the race. If you pay attention, an hour of Route X gets you more credits than Nurb... it is boring, I'll give you that... At some point, I went to Quick Match, won few times at Bathurst for more than 300k credits, just to break the monotony. Best way is to set up an alarm on the cellphone... Every 4 minutes ... Route X...

I guess I have an advantage over most people in that I can just lay in my bed with the DS3 in my hand and hit the buttons every 4 minutes while watching something on my other TV. :sly: I'll use the longer race if I have something to do around the house that's going to require more of my attention, like taking a shower, doing the dishes, ect. I prefer Route X tho as it is more convienent for me to earn max credits per hour, or 2, or 3....4,5. :sly:

B spec race with bonus login, i had make the 24minutes of nurburgring with chappy 2d, only Bob can do this :lol:
I notice that i wrong write.."2J" .
Sorry:sly:

Last edited:
Which of the 24 minute races is good to let Bob race (and win consistent) without any user input? And which car is best for it?

Which of the 24 minute races is good to let Bob race (and win consistent) without any user input? And which car is best for it?

That would be Nurburgring. Several different cars to choose from.An Upgraded X-Bow being one of the better ones, RS tires no wets. Use Push pace when the race starts then come back and collect the winnings

My X-BowR is up over 2000 miles now from running this race and still smoking em every time without a restore.

The Rocket does pretty good too as do pretty much all of the LMPS though they have to pit and cost more to repair once they wear out

I wonder, would B-Spec be a better mode to hold qualifying? The cars are already on the track. It's just a matter of choosing tyres, inputting commands and setting up when to have BOB leave the pits in traffic or with some distance. I'd probably use it if qualifying were an option.

Back