Bad Newz Folks...

What does that have to do with ps3? sony has done this kind of thing before (look at how many versions of the big gray psx there are), and it didnt push back the ps2 launch date.

Originally posted by space
What does that have to do with ps3? sony has done this kind of thing before (look at how many versions of the big gray psx there are), and it didnt push back the ps2 launch date.
Time will tell, my lil snake charmer

This is actually really cool. A major upgrade to the PS2 will kick up its sales and there will probably be more games on the market. Supposedly there is a new XBox on the way as well.

And about the "PS3" - I wish you guys would drop it. It'll be here when it gets here. There's no sense in getting all bent out of shape over it.

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
People are actually thinking about PS3 already? How long was the PSX out before PS2 came out?

6 years. Maybe 5, depends on where you are in the world...

I also find it hard to believe that Sony would set their system up to support DVD-R/W, isnt that supporting Piracy?

Originally posted by Cobraboy
6 years. Maybe 5, depends on where you are in the world...

I also find it hard to believe that Sony would set their system up to support DVD-R/W, isnt that supporting Piracy?
Nope, your entitled to ONE backup copy of any CD you purchase. Besides most are copy protected so the question is mute

Originally posted by Masterblaster
Nope, your entitled to ONE backup copy of any CD you purchase. Besides most are copy protected so the question is mute

Actually that's just something ignorant people say to justify piracy.
And the question would be moot, not mute.

you should be the offical spell check for the site DH
Further more don't give a rats arse what you think, fact remains you are entitled to make obe copy, so deal with it Prevert

No matter usually get three strikes for I place idiots to IGGY, just made an exception in your cause... Poof.. :cheers: to the Iggy

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I thought you were way off, so I went to check on it. Turns out you're just about right.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/ps21.htm

However, the Play Station had been on the drawing boards for quite some time (:
Playback only option...

Heres another link in an related story of the NEW an improved, PS2 DUH ?

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news

was posted on the 15th

like we really need another DVD player, what are those dummies thinking ?

Masterblaster
Further more don't give a rats arse what you think...

I think you should stop making threads if you don't care about other people's opinions. Or even go to a message board, at that.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
However, the Play Station had been on the drawing boards for quite some time (:

It was originally gonna be a cd based SNES made by a sony-nintendo group:)

Playback only option...

Heres another link in an related story of the NEW an improved, PS2 DUH ?

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news

was posted on the 15th

like we really need another DVD player, what are those dummies thinking ?

Did you even read the article? Sony is improving the PS2, so it can support more types of DVD media. Last time i checked, when something is improved, generally it is better.

Also nobody is holding a gun to your head, and saying your need to buy the improved PS2, yours will work just fine still.

It was originally gonna be a cd based SNES made by a sony-nintendo group:)

Did you even read the article? Sony is improving the PS2, so it can support more types of DVD media. Last time i checked, when something is inproved, generally its is better.

Also nobody is holding a gun to your head, and saying your need to buy the improved PS2, yours will work just fine still.

Good point but why bother doing so ? Couldn't these changes be incorperated into the next Gen PS3 ?

I dont see it...

Besides, I'm gettin an X-Box

The graphics are twice that of the PS2... Hate to admit but its a better syetem

They could be incorporated in a PS3, but it's all about the money. I'm sure whatever Sony does to the PS2, it will drop the manufacturing price of the PS2 down. Also a upgraded PS2 would hopefully stop the "Disc Read Error".

They could be incorporated in a PS3, but it's all about the money. I'm sure whatever Sony does to the PS2, it will drop the manufacturing price of the PS2 down. Also a upgraded PS2 would hopefully stop the "Disc Read Error".
If, an I say a BIG IF... they put a better quality Laser in, rather than cheap it out to save a penny

I'd like to see the quality control go up a bit too (as my PS2 will probably need to be replaced.)
My only dissapointment is the removal of the Firewire port. No more Time Crisis 2 link up for me. :(

It's not like this is the first upgrade that they have done for the PS2, this one might be the most significant, but you must remember that there are 7 versions of the PS2 out there already.

Originally posted by IceGT
It's not like this is the first upgrade that they have done for the PS2, this one might be the most significant, but you must remember that there are 7 versions of the PS2 out there already.
An still Sony hasn't got it right, like we need another upgrade ?

Originally posted by rjensen11
You would think that since they're taking out the firewire, they'd at least put in an ethernet adapter....:mad:
Prolly gotta buy one as an addon in Addition to the cost of the unit...Got ya comin an goin

dude, what they NEED to do is put a friggin hard drive in it already! so we can get GT4 released. From what i understand, Polyphony's biggest grip is they want to make GT4 be able to have everycar ever built available online. you would buy it from racing credits and save it on a harddrive.

Originally posted by JAMMIT
dude, what they NEED to do is put a friggin hard drive in it already! so we can get GT4 released. From what i understand, Polyphony's biggest grip is they want to make GT4 be able to have everycar ever built available online. you would buy it from racing credits and save it on a harddrive.
That AINT gonna happen either or one would be available now, so be it...

Latest Posts

Back