Bang For Your Buck Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter nyg_shockey
  • 100 comments
  • 5,271 views
Tuned up and tweak, I've gotten most of the american classics to destroyed line ups that my other cars can barely touch...so they're beatable, but they're certainly not the worst.
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6.5 TME, tested it stock and loved it. also the Evolution 8 RS is good too. Perosnally I prefer the RS over the MR.
 
well, i dont think that the 89 skyline has an rb26dett engine in it, but if it does, it has at about 320 hp stock, even though japanese manufacturers just said it had 276 because there was some sort of agreement to not produce cars with anything over that at that time....thus, im pretty sure that it would give that supra a very good run for its money, or beat it...idk...bbuut the supra was the same kinda situation with the more hp than 276..so i really dont know...
 
i'm gonna go with......mercedes 180E (from legendary mercedes) its pretty decent (although it costs 60,000) and can be upgraded to quite a monster :p
 
Caterham (I prefer to think of it as a Lotus 7 "Evolution DCLXVI")

You'll buy it.

You'll test drive it.

You'll upgrade it with every little credit you have... selling every car you have... just to make this car the pinnicle of your garage

Then you find out you can't race it anywhere.

And then you'll be banging your head on the desk.
 
Subaru 22B STi. Stock car is fun for rallying, and when modded, it goes head-on with likes of Zonda and Nardo concept.

R34 V-Spec II Nür: Stock car suffers from slight bodyroll, but, understeer doesn't exist with this AWD car. it's very nimble GT car. same goes for 3kGT. and when modded, 300mph is within your grasp.

Lotus Elise ( any of them ) most fun car to drive sideways. Esprit is just as fun, but with more oomps and 300mph capability.

Audi A3 3.2 quattro/ Golf R32: funny, nimble cars, and cheap too.

Miata, MR2 ( first 2 gens ): sideways is faster!

BMW 120i: underrated. beats pants off from M-coupe etc.

Focus RS: could keep up with musclecars at infineon raceway.. nuff said.
 
Mayuri Ootsuka
Caterham (I prefer to think of it as a Lotus 7 "Evolution DCLXVI")

You'll buy it.

You'll test drive it.

You'll upgrade it with every little credit you have... selling every car you have... just to make this car the pinnicle of your garage

Then you find out you can't race it anywhere.

And then you'll be banging your head on the desk.
You know what's funny? I did just that. I sold everything but my Buick GNX and spent 200k on it. Then swore very many times.


Also, if there is a Sport 190 Elise, laugh at the 111R until you can't breath. The 190 is faster in just about every way, and weighs less to boot. The Corvette Grand Sport is a great value, as is the TVR Griffith, Chevrolet Camaro SS and the older Skylines (particularly the R32 models, because they are more tossable). The NSX's are fast, but for 40k + you can find faster. An old Esprit will also work. If you spring for the Focus RS, beware of it's tire wear, though.
 
Toronado
Also, if there is a Sport 190 Elise, laugh at the 111R until you can't breath. The 190 is faster in just about every way, and weighs less to boot.

Couldn't agree more. Bought one of the little buggers in Lotus racing green last night for S&G. I took it out and raced it stock (with an oil change and chassie refreshed) Its an amazing little car. Beat all of my times with the 111R that I owned. Needless to say I ended up selling the 111R shortly after.

Corvette Gran Sport - Another great car previously mentioned.
Imprezza 22B - Great car for the price.
Imprezza Prodrive model - Another good money car.
97 Skyline GTR - V-spec or not. A good car. Seems to handle better than the 96's for some reason.
S-2000 V-type- Another fun little pocket rocket.

TVR Cerebus 6-speed - A little pricy but WOW :drool: Another killer car while stock.
 
The Sport 190 Elise is excellent value, small enough to do small races, but you can power it up to take on Enduros and it has cleaned up all the Special event races (Save two, which I haven't started yet)

Go for Orange Chrome Metallic with Honda Green Alloys from the Used Wheels area. Tip top car.
 
I didnt see this car in list, but if it is I'm sorry for reposting the same thing.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Spec C

This thing really moves fully moded or stock
 
to Mayuri Ootsuka:
I think it would look like a little metallic carrot if you did that. :lol:

On a more serious note, I've problably mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. The HPA R32 is just a absolutely excellent performance bargain. (partly because of an error made by PD, they included the price of the tuning package, but not the price of the car with it! Hence, it's cheaper than a stock R32. :lol:) I mean, not only do you get a 530HP twin turbo VR6, but you get a chassis that incredibly balanced and tossable. I just absolutely adore this car, my only gripe about it is it's covered in stickers. :yuck:
 
I've restarted GT4 from scratch with a policy of "buy nothing" (I know I'll never see Extreme Hall due to the lack of a truck, etc) but I figured this policy will make me drive things I didn't drive first time round (when I could buy whatever I wanted).

So all my cars offer fabulous bang for their buck, given that they all cost nothing. However, I have to report that the BMW M3 GTR, and the BMW M3 Race Car, both won free of charge of course, are still the best value going. They were my favourites first time round, and I don't see anything dislodging them so far. However, I am only 27% complete this second time round, so who knows?
 
There must be an optimal car to buy at the beginning which can do more races than any other. A car which has 4WD, the capacity to install NA tuning and a turbine. Are there any compact MR 4WD cars in the game? There's probably a thread about this already.
 
RICHARDO
The HPA R32 is just a absolutely excellent performance bargain. I mean, not only do you get a 530HP twin turbo VR6, but you get a chassis that incredibly balanced and tossable. I just absolutely adore this car, my only gripe about it is it's covered in stickers. :yuck:
I tried the HPA R32 in the Tuner Car Grand Prix and I just did not get along with it at all. I admit to not enjoying boost lag at the b3st of times, but I didn't find it "tossable" as you do. I found that boost would come in with a wallop mid corner, and the car would promptly understeer for the weeds as soon as it did.
 
RICHARDO
The Suzuki GSX R-4, honestly, need I say more?
opendriver19a
And mentioned before me, the GSX/R-4
Last I checked, you get that car for free.

Well, you have to buy a Suzuki and spend money on that Concept S2 first.
 
cerpin_taxt
muscle cars. no other cars have that much awsomeness, for that kind of price!

they maybe cheap and have monster power but do they handle as well as the imports such as Supra, Skyline, NSX, EVO cause all those imports have the decent power in a straight line
 
Duke
I tried the HPA R32 in the Tuner Car Grand Prix and I just did not get along with it at all. I admit to not enjoying boost lag at the b3st of times, but I didn't find it "tossable" as you do. I found that boost would come in with a wallop mid corner, and the car would promptly understeer for the weeds as soon as it did.

That's strange Duke, I personally never noticed the turbo lag or any big case of understeer. I guess our driving techniques are vastly different from one another's. Different strokes I guess :). Now if you want lag that leads you to a "little" oversteer, try the Lancia Delta S4. You can feel when the supercharger stops and the turbocharger kicks in, if your not ready for it, you'll spin like a top!
 
I never knew that you could have both a turbo and supercharger at once in GT4 :confused:

Of couse i've never tried buying a car with a turbo stock and seeing if a supercharger is available...
 
RICHARDO
to Mayuri Ootsuka:
I think it would look like a little metallic carrot if you did that. :lol:

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/mayuri_ootsuka/imgs/5/7/573f2a8c.jpg


More of a Metallic Manderin!

Munchee Elise yum!

--------
Just to slam it home for Automobile the Elise in the right hands can almost get you to the 25% point on its own. (If you factor in the driver missions) and that isn't bad for one car. Once you get to 25% it can also win a few of those longer races in the enduro area. (When I reached 25% I had used just 3 cars, A Cappuccino the Suzuki S2 Concept for the Suzuki concept area races and then the Elise.
Cappuccino - 116.4km
S2-Concept - 112.6km
Elise Sport 190 - 2363.1km

The options are many though. Fun is where you find it.

Metallic Carrot indeed!
 
djblackmon
I never knew that you could have both a turbo and supercharger at once in GT4 :confused:

Of couse i've never tried buying a car with a turbo stock and seeing if a supercharger is available...

No, the Delta S4 comes stock with both, it's truly a unique animal 👍

But all Group B cars are unique.
 
Automobile
There must be an optimal car to buy at the beginning which can do more races than any other.

Yes, there is. MR2'86. light, agile, MR, and great learners car.

Automobile
A car which has 4WD, the capacity to install NA tuning and a turbine.
there isn't many N/A 4WD cars in this game, but, Galant VR4 fits to your description pretty well.

Automobile
Are there any compact MR 4WD cars in the game? There's probably a thread about this already.

Peugeot 205 T16 road/rallycars, Ford RS200, Tommykaira ZZ-II..
 
RICHARDO
No, the Delta S4 comes stock with both, it's truly a unique animal 👍

But all Group B cars are unique.

That really is unique. I'll guess I'll buy that car and try it out. Thats a good combo too because the blower will get it up to speed, then the boost hits and the car is GONE!!
 
You can't purchase it though, you win it in one of the Special Conditions races. Can't remember which one though. :ouch:
 
Mayuri Ootsuka
When I reached 25% I had used just 3 cars, A Cappuccino the Suzuki S2 Concept for the Suzuki concept area races and then the Elise.
Cappuccino - 116.4km
S2-Concept - 112.6km
Elise Sport 190 - 2363.1km
I'll grant you that fun is where you find it, but this is the exact opposite of my approach. I try very hard not to use any given car for more than one race series. I really like to vary my experience more. Even if it means I don't get to know a given single car inside and out, I get a wide experience with a lot of different cars and how they behave.
 
I did it this way to get away from "guest driving" a car for a race and not really getting to know the car.

I prefer a good solid long relationship rather than a quick Friday night Fumble in Akasaka.

I'm up to nearly 20 cars now, and my completion has risen to 50% today (Nice new Jugular waiting for me... saves me buying one!)
 
Automobile
Are there any compact MR 4WD cars in the game? There's probably a thread about this already.

Oops, I meant mid-mounted engine, all wheel drive vehicles.
 
205 T16 HAS mid-mounted engine and AWD, and so does the other examples I mentioned.
 
Leonidae
205 T16 HAS mid-mounted engine and AWD, and so does the other examples I mentioned.

Have you got all the cars in the game in your garage Leonidae?
 
not even close. but I have more than enough of Skyline GT-R's. 30+ I believe.:O they really give bang for the buck in all-round performance, as they turn well ( under 0'50.000 @ tsukuba with ease) and go fast ( all AWD GT-R's can do 300mph+)
 
Back