Bang For Your Buck Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter nyg_shockey
  • 100 comments
  • 5,271 views
The Aussie powerhouse that is the Falcon XR8 is certainly worth a crack when you've got more cash. It's a race car, so it'll cost a lot obviously, but for a race car 450,000cr isn't that bad at all. 608BHP (as per the settings screen), FR. She handles like a dream, fast, good acceleration, can turn on a dime and it's braking ability is excellent...it's put it ahead of many Supras (of which I'm a fan) in my books..

So when you get to buying race cars...give that a whirl, you shant be dissapointed for just shy of half a mill
 
I was'nt very impressed by the Falcon XR-8, but is a much better car to buy over a Honda Civic with 197 Bhp of the same price.
 
samj_13
In GT3, didn't the SVT also have a 6th gear as well?

Yes, it had a six-speed. It shifted to 5th at 145-150 mph and 6th around the 200 mph mark, granted that you gave it enough power to get there.
 
All Mitsubishi Lancers, much cheaper then the Supra's and/ or Skyline's and alos beat 'em in stock 👍
 
Duke
I haven't driven it much in GT4, though I have a little. I haven't noticed understeer as a huge issue.
It isn't really. It just seems alot heavier than it did in GT3.
 
The ginetta g4 :dopey: it's cheap (well.. free..) and if you can keep it under control it can take you quite far through the earlier stages of the game, plus it looks awesome 👍
Also, the earlier model evos and imprezas that you can pick up for under 10 grand and any of the used RX-7s and Supras. And any used TVR they're all good :)
I'm beginning to think that most of the used cars are good bang for the buck :lol:
 
vectradriver
Samj_13, Thanks for quoting me, made me proud to see that.

No problem. I just had to do it. :dopey:
 
Korndawg
The ginetta g4 :dopey: it's cheap (well.. free..) and if you can keep it under control it can take you quite far through the earlier stages of the game, plus it looks awesome 👍
Also, the earlier model evos and imprezas that you can pick up for under 10 grand and any of the used RX-7s and Supras. And any used TVR they're all good :)
I'm beginning to think that most of the used cars are good bang for the buck :lol:


I fell in love with this car! I used it in the Classic Car series and the World Compact Cup. I boosted it up to about 160 horspower and it absolutely flies!
What a fun car!
 
Yeah, just keep an eye on the rear end in fast sweepers or you may drift a little too much. My Ginetta did pretty well in the Virtual Track Day Series (1).
 
George Morley
I was'nt very impressed by the Falcon XR-8, but is a much better car to buy over a Honda Civic with 197 Bhp of the same price.

how could you not be?
what a weapon
 
Back