Bankfin touring cars season 2 discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDZdave
  • 213 comments
  • 14,092 views
What time and day will the races be ? I am interested but only want to if i can fully commit

I think it's the same as season 1 Skeng, Sundays at 8pm GMT the room opens for quali.

Which depending on were you are in the US I think it's between 12pm and 4pm your time.
 
he has an overlap with another series,
 
I would like to commit to this series also but on available on sat nite and Sunday's. Will that fit in?
 
season 1 was at 6am Monday mornings for me, and with the majority of the field from season 1 are coming to season 2 so I dare say the same time slot will be kept,
 
I would race if we managed to keep the same time slot. I love the group of drivers, and the competitiveness of the cars.
 
I agree same time slot was perfect for me as well!
 
it will be hard for me to attend, specially if I have to work day shift the race starts approx 6.30am my time, if not earlier and on a monday,
 
it will be hard for me to attend, specially if I have to work day shift the race starts approx 6.30am my time, if not earlier and on a monday,

Damn, that is a rough start time for you, can we not move it a few hours further away? Like 8.30am your time, that will only really affect the UK guys with it being move to 10.30pm but I would much prefer that.
 
I'm not really worried about the time itself, its more the day, if it could be brought forward to friday nights it would be great, but anyway, I just started the thread because there was heaps of interest for a second season, and season 1 was still in the thick of things, so to stop 4 conversation's on the one thread I made this, I didn't do it for me, I did it for you guys who are keen,
 
Does anyone want to take this over? my working life is being restructured and won't allow me to take it on,
 
TDZdave
Does anyone want to take this over? my working life is being restructured and won't allow me to take it on,

I would gladly do it, but my life schedule is very unpredictable...so I can't fully commit. You will have to talk to bronzo maybe?
 
that's cool mate, I just can't commit to running any real series any more as I work on a fly in/ fly out basis and could be up to 6 weeks between gaming sessions depending on the weather,
 
TDZdave
that's cool mate, I just can't commit to running any real series any more as I work on a fly in/ fly out basis and could be up to 6 weeks between gaming sessions depending on the weather,

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully everything will calm down and we can get back to racing.
 
IRL, best short term career move I can make, clear 118 thou a year for driving a tip truck, :lol: the hardest part is being away from home for up to 6 weeks at a time, but it still beats manual labour and bar tending,

and it would be silly to have one event every 6 weeks,
 
I agree with you there. I was actually starting to plan my own series that I could start up after the winter when my life calms down (winters are really busy for me)
 
there's just so much keen interest in this series, I wouldn't have been able to run this time slot very well anyway, but it deserves to live on,
 
If anyone is running this series PLEASE contact me!! I want to race my Nissan RM
somewhere.
 
If anyone is running this series PLEASE contact me!! I want to race my Nissan RM
somewhere.

Just keep an eye on the thread, it is a good series and will be back when people's lives calm down a little bit.
 
Gillard17
If anyone is running this series PLEASE contact me!! I want to race my Nissan RM
somewhere.

Hopefully we will start up season 2 in a few months. It seems that as soon a season 1 ended, everyone disappeared :lol:
 
Any news of season 2 ?
 
well... The cars are virtually sorted, and the tracks are sorted, the only thing that needs to be sorted is races and amount of laps,
 
I liked the race length from season 1. 50k no tire wear. 100k tire wear
 
ok well I will update the op,
 
TDZdave
ok well I will update the op,

Sounds good 👍
Are we still deciding on start date?
 
well yeah, but as I stated before this time frame is going to be extremely difficult to manage for me, I would need help,
 
I can't make it to all the races sadly. I have very little time during the winter, but I will help when possible to organize and do results.
 
I can run the OP that's no issue, just the races I may struggle with,
 
If the time is right I'd get in on this. I do think the S15 is a little underweight and could go 1100kg and be just fine.
 
I can agree with what your saying, but I'm not going to write the tuning secret on here but the way 90% of the people will build this car they A) wont take full advantage of it or B) not know how to drive it, Driver won the championship it yes, but bronzo nearly pulled it off in the Subaru that's no longer legal, other then the stand out driver's the rest of the car's in my opinion were very close, I actually think the RX-7 is going to be car to catch in the first race of a weekend,
 
I think the Nissan is the fastest. It was last season and everyone thought it'd be the Subaru. The S2000 would be my choice though.
 
Back