Battlefield 2

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 2,033 comments
England
Southampton, UK
Pebb--
Pebb
Well its almost here demo should be out anytime: 10th June or 15th June 05 cannot wait, but I so need to start upgrading as soon as next week for this game.

I just hope my computer can run it. I cant afford to upgrade right now and I've been hearing people say that BF2 wont support GF4 cards. I have a GF4 Ti4600.

Yes it is true you cannot play BF2 on GF4 I have a GF4 MX420 but I am upgrading to a 128MB AGP 8X NVidia GF6800 for £156.

But how much do you think you can spend on a graphics card.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Yes it is true you cannot play BF2 on GF4 I have a GF4 MX420 but I am upgrading to a 128MB AGP 8X NVidia GF6800 for £156.

But how much do you think you can spend on a graphics card.
Damn your lucky. I've got a ATI 9600 Pro that's pretty screwed up. :indiff:

Hoping my 9800 (Non-pro but clocked at pro speeds) can still produce the goods and run it at medium detail at a reasonable frame rate. Although if like the original BF, CPU is just as if not more important and again I hope my XP2600+ can manage it :D

If it can I'll be laughing as my PC hasn't fundamentally changed for 2 years. Although I don't think I'll have much choice come Elder Scrolls Oblivion time :)

Your asking a lot from your 9800 to play BF2 at medium, but if you want to run it on medium you will need at least 1GB of ram insted of 512MB.

And a CPU above 2.2GHZ but your 9800 should be able to play it in medium after looking around the interweb.

Well my CPU is 2.09Ghz 333FSB but I expect its comparable to a 2.6Ghz Intel (Although I think AMD claimed the XP numbers are compared to the older Athlons not Intels <cough>) and yes I do have a gig of RAM :D

It seems a lot of people are upgrading to 1GB.

Other upgrades I am getting:

New PC case cost £80 to replace my Dell 5500 case,
New 600watt PSU which can suport ATX 2.0 and below aswell as PCI Express and SLI to replace my 275watt PSU.
Extra 512MB DDR2700 ram to put ram up to 1024MB DDR2700 ram cost £35.

And some cable sleeving kits want to make my new case, look neat and tidy for BF2 once they see each other aka the new case and BF2.

Glad I have a 2.53GHZ P4 shame Dell stole so much of the FSB to put it down to 300MHZ FSB or 400MHZ FSB.

Demo is out now on Gamespot.com or download.com

But I warn you download slots are tight to get hold off, I have to wait next week to play BF2 since my GF4 MX420 does not support it.

Are you sure you have to have an uber computer to play this? I had always heard that in order to play Half Life 2, I would need nearly double what I have now but I have a 1.2ghz processor, 512mb SDRAM and a Radeon 9200 256mb and I run HL2 at 1600x1200 with everything on max settings with no lag at all. Runs perfect.

:confused:

It's out!
And I'm getting it at 160 kb/s....155......153.....150.....149...145.......143...
I think this will take a while (servers must be really loaded down). I've already cancelled 2 downloads that were going at 20kb/s!

Giancarlo
You can just run it on lowest quality anyway. The gameplay is good enough for that.

Thats what I did with UT2k4. I ran 1024x768 on medium. As long as the game is fun, who care what it looks like? Of course, eyecandy is nice, but we don't need it. ;)

My bro got this demo today. I don't think he's gonna come out of his room until August...

Battlefield 2on low settings looks 5 times better than battlefield 1942 running on max settings. I havent played around with the settings much but i think i might have to play with the default low settings which arent that bad at all. I tried running at medium but i got a bit of stuttering during online play. It might have been lag and not my pc though... At low it runs extrememly smooth on my pc but i think i can get it to run on high if i free up some space on my HD and reinstall my messed up drivers for my Motherboard... i need to reformat.

here are my specs
Windows XP pro
Athlon Sempron 3000+
768mb ram
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256mb @ core speed 570/ memory speed 288
4 gigs of space left on a 50 gig harddrive.

I just installed san andreas which is another amazing game but Battlefield2 just looks stunning and plays so much better than 1942. They took 1942 and made it much better without losing focus at all. It is a very focused game. :)

Can someone give me a link to the demo that downloads quickly? Everywhere I go it's around 25kb a second and my connection goes up to 120kb a second.

i reccomend using bit torrent. i dont remember if i got the bit torrent file from 3dgamers.com or worthdownloading.com one of them runs really fast. I'm pretty sure its the one from worthdownloading. or maybe http://www.mininova.org/ ....

well, i can play on high and it runs at about 30ffps. I just had to free up some space on my hd. i now have 10 gigs of free space and i defragmented my harddrive completely.

THis game is simply amazing. I love the helicopter controls. Sure, its not as nimble as it was in desert combat, but overall its more realistic. I have my mouse controls for up and down inverted for the planes and helicopters just like DC.

I just won my 1st helicopter duel. :)

this game is pwnage....

of course. BF2 is mainly multiplayer FPS and if you are commander, semi RTS.

I cant figure out how to get more than a 16 player game in single player. I'd like to lay around offline with the helicopter and work on maneuvers to use online. I'm pretty damn good with the helicopter and i've yet to lose a dogfight since the demo's come out. :sly:

For me to really appreciate a game I need it to look good. My 9600 Pro won't do that. :(

For what I see it seems pretty good. 👍

Anything on 1024x768 makes it slow down too much for me.

I looked a cople hours ago if the demo would work on my dads PC, shame my dad has not the right CPU which is 1.2GHZ.

Back