Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

Wow, what a hideous looking piece of machinery. 👎 I can appreciate the effort put into the making of these Vision cars, but judging by the looks of this one, what the hell were these guys thinking. :lol: I don't really care for any of these Vision cars apart from the VW one which is my favorite thus far. Not knocking the Vision GT program, but I'm just not a big fan of it so far.

Nobody really knows at the moment. But the biggest mystery of the VGT program is why Alfa Romeo withdrawal from their project.

Well, who designs cars fro Alfa Romeo for the moment? Its probably a company we already have up for the VGT program.

Well, who designs cars fro Alfa Romeo for the moment? Its probably a company we already have up for the VGT program.
I don't think theres any company in the VGT program that designs cars for Alfa to my knowledge. We all know its usually the designers working for Alfa Romeo that designs them.

That new Tomahawk X is basically PD begging me to get my PS3 fix and go back to GT6. Its definitely something worth coming back for.

...woah...

old sketches for comparison
Bertone-a-sketch-for-Vision-Gran-Turismo.-640x327.jpg

Bertone-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-design-sketch-preview.jpg

Oh, my, god, that is amazing. It's like a c4d abstract.....but designed into a car brilliant.... aagghh I want it so bad.

I don't think theres any company that designs cars for Alfa to my knowledge. We all know its usually the designers working for Alfa Romeo that designs them.

That new Tomahawk X is basically PD begging me to get my PS3 fix and go back to GT6. Its definitely something worth coming back for.

Funny as you say that, I just did a screen shot of what Dodge has to offer still as a teaser in the VGT section just now.

Of course its an old idea, but just makes me wounder what they must've been thinking of back then.

Image12.png

Maybe they'll one day add a VGT that flies around the track. (Literally like a plane or helicopter, not talking horsepower by itself.)

Urano=hydrogen, most likely the fuel source.

Hmm, Urano in Italian means Uranus. Speaking of that, the planet Uranus has an atmosphere that is composed mainly of hydrogen. Very... interesting reference there.

Ryk
maybe uranium - A Nuclear powered like they had in the Fallout games the Chryslus Corvega atomic V8.

"Driving Paradise"
Or Ford's Nucleon
1958_ford_nucleon.jpg

Which could only be from 1958 because not even a satire of retrofuturism would have such gloriously titanic tailfins.

But, Urano means Uranus. Now, it's time for me to squeeze every potential meaning I can from this: (straws will be grasped!)

• As mentioned before, Uranus is mostly Hydrogen. The car may be hydrogen powered.
  • Uranus is a frigid planet 3 billion kilometres away that spins on its side. The car will be cool and otherworldly
  • The car could possibly have a planetary transmission?
  • Uranus has 27 moons, 13 rings and it orbits the sun every 84 years.
  • The wind on that planet can get to roughly 900km/h. The car probably isn't that fast, unless they were given the green light to pull the specs from Uranus.
  • Uranus orbits the sun every 84 years. I tried to find a link between 84 and Bertone, but all I can find is that Nuccio died when he was 83, and that his widow Lilli bought 84 of the cars in the Bertone museum collection when it was liquidated in 2011. Where those 84 cars are now I have no idea.

Last edited:
How much of a plot twist would be it to have this AND the Tomahawk in the same update?

How much of a plot twist would be it to have this AND the Tomahawk in the same update?
I've been hoping for a while now that we get a car to dethrone the Red Bull, after that I would rather if they would just go back to designing more realistically viable cars like the Mini or the BMW. I really thought the Chaparral was gonna do it but that thing can't turn for [expletive].

I've been hoping for a while now that we get a car to dethrone the Red Bull, after that I would rather if they would just go back to designing more realistically viable cars like the Mini or the BMW. I really thought the Chaparral was gonna do it but that thing can't turn for [expletive].

For the record, the Chaparral 2X has unbelievable grip and handling. You just set your expectation too high because the 2X looks more futuristic than the X1 and so you thought it would be a match. Have you even compared the 2X to other cars in the game? Or just against X1s? The 2X has amazing handling, but it will never match the X1's godlike handling mainly because the 2X doesn't use ground effects unlike the X1. So until GM redesigns the 2X to utilize ground effects, their VGT will never match the X1 in terms of overall performance.

But, Urano means Uranus. Now, it's time for me to squeeze every potential meaning I can from this: (straws will be grasped!)

• As mentioned before, Uranus is mostly Hydrogen. The car may be hydrogen powered.
  • Uranus is a frigid planet 3 billion kilometres away that spins on its side. The car will be cool and otherworldly
  • The car possibly have a planetary transmission?
  • Uranus has 27 moons, 13 rings and it orbits the sun every 84 years.
  • The wind on that planet can get to roughly 900km/h. The car probably isn't that fast, unless they were given the green light to pull the specs from Uranus.
  • Uranus orbits the sun every 84 years. I tried to find a link between 84 and Bertone, but all I can find is that Nuccio died when he was 83, and that his widow Lilli bought 84 of the cars in the Bertone museum collection when it was liquidated in 2011. Where those 84 cars are now I have no idea.
You should really stop pulling things out of Uranus man!

For the record, the Chaparral 2X has unbelievable grip and handling. You just set your expectation too high because the 2X looks more futuristic than the X1 and so you thought it would be a match. Have you even compared the 2X to other cars in the game? Or just against X1s? The 2X has amazing handling, but it will never match the X1's godlike handling mainly because the 2X doesn't use ground effects unlike the X1. So until GM redesigns the 2X to utilize ground effects, their VGT will never match the X1 in terms of overall performance.
You see, I never said it was because it looked more futuristic. That thing really can't turn very well and compared to some other cars in the game, well, with a good tune some other cars seem a lot more viable and easier to use than the 2X. I never said it was a bad car either (I know you didn't either, just in case to clear things up). It's just that it's not as versatile in my opinion as the X1 or some of the LMP or Formula 1 cars in the game.

That intro video it had just built it up to be something that wasn't in a way. :lol:

It would be twistier than the Stelvio mountain pass and the Nurburgring 24h layout at the same time. Let's just say that I would have a hard time keeping my jaw in place if I say any notification regarding a teaser for this...

And in my honest opinion, the 2X can work as a uber-futuristic LMP car. I know it is a tricky car to drive in the limit, I'm not denying that. But is a far cry from the stiff beast which understeered like a soap pre-ninja-fix. Drop the PP by lowering the power, and you could even use it to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans event. As I said many times before, it's a volatile car; drive it right and it's amazing, drive it wrong and it'll be a struggle to get it right. You can't really drive it like a normal (by normal I mean R8s and 908s and such) LMP...

Back