Best car an strategy to win the 700Pp Le Man's 8 laps with weather changing race?

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 136 comments
I've done this with Viper Gr4 which is great on fuel can't remember which map. 1 stop and finished the race having to do 7 laps. I pitted once for IM on lap 3 and everyone else came in for second pitstop I think lap 6 and the whole field said 1 lap when I finished the race in 34min 17 seconds. Difficult hard, much easier than Toyoko for me on hard

If you want to have a real blast, try the Bac Mono on this track! So much fun to fly by all the other cars within the first lap, I do it a few times every night to earn fast CR.

One of my favorite random occurrences that happened during one of my races is that I crossed the line just before the final time expired and the rest of the cars were a fair distance behind so it forced almost all of the cars to have to pit due to not having enough fuel to do another lap. Finished 1m+ ahead
Always leave yourself with at least 1 to 1.5 laps of gas because you never know if you'll have to make one additional lap after time expires to finish the race

For me a gr. C car from Legendary detuned.
Maybe the Porsche 962C or the Mazda 787B.
Detuned you don't need to save fuel at all, it's the tires that define your strategy, because of the rain.
You can keep the fuel map on one and do 4 or 5 laps, fuel related, depending on the tune and how much you have to slow down because of the rain. As said, the rain usually appears always at the same moment, by the end of lap 2, but the intensity is variable. Sometimes you can keep going with slicks, sometimes Inters will not be enough for the water on track.
The hard part is to decide to put Inters/Wets on end of lap 2 or not. I suggest putting weather radar on less zoom possible on the MFD and decide by that and not by the current level of water on track.
If the rain is short you don't need to stop for tires and only stop once for fuel when needed and don't even need to top the tank, the RH are good for all race, no need to change.
With rain I had times where putting Inters at end of lap 2 was too soon and others that waiting for lap 3 was a disaster, on first tries, where I relied on visual impressions and the moister meter instead of the radar.
When stopping for Inters or Wets, I use to top for fuel, just in case I don't need to stop again, If I need to put slicks again, specially the wets just melt on drying tarmac, don't need more fuel, just put the tires.

Just be aware that detuning too much power could make the car stall on 3rd gear for top speed, with too much drag for the power output, specially with stock gearbox, as they have extremely long gears to save engines and fuel at the long straights with much more power, specially the 80's group C, when Le Mans didn't even had chicanes. Once I was too radical on the Porsche, because I didn't want to put ballast and the car just stall at 150 mph on 3rd gear.

WRX Gr.B

Easy Win.

Infact it's pretty much a wrap with most 700PP cars.

Done it with the WRX Gr.B, Pennzoil GT-R, Amuse S2000, Pagani Huayri amongst others.

Tired of the grind iv found a new way to spice up my life ..... 800bhp of Americana in the rain .... 200mph on the straight and they sound great 👍

Easy wins but keep you on yours toes , keep a eye on the fuel map naturally
20829427347428016-picsay.jpg
20970062867030061-picsay.jpg
20970465570905729-picsay.jpg
20220511_074842.jpg
20220511_074832.jpg
20220510_221243.jpg
20220510_221231.jpg

Well since I bought the mazda 787b, nissan r92cp and jaguar xjr9, thinking they would pop me the "3 legendary cars" trophy (and they didnt). Now I use them to farm this race.
Mostly easy win with these 3.
Other good options: red bull x2019, red bull x2014 junior, renault megane trophy gr4, audi r18 tdi gr1.
Also tried alfa romeo 155 gr4. Its pretty fast but you will need to pay attention to the fuel.

nsx type r 02, 535cv, 1400kg, all Racing components, 699pp
You can do 3 laps with automatic transmission or 4 with manual transmission. Good grip and 300kmh with fm6

Last edited:
Easiest for me:
Car: Mazda 787B
Tyres: RH / IM / W (as weather dictates)
At start, set your FUEL MAP at 2 and ignore, you will not need fuel for the 7 laps.
Put WEATHER MAP at max distance, 31miles, and glance at it by the end of lap 2, if you see majority of the clouds, change to either W or IM at end of 2 (do not get fuel) and watch the rain gauge on left side when it goes down change back to RH tyres.

Something weird happened to me yesterday.

As usual, Porsche 962C, FM1 and waiting for the rain with weather radar at maximum distance.
The usual Lap 2 showers barely wet the track (not even reached the first mark on the meter), with only some spots on the radar, kept going and no signal of more rain on the radar, stopped on the lap 5 only for fuel and no sign of more rain on the radar
Imagine my surprise with pouring rain and the track wet by the time the pit stop ended and I left the pit lane on my racing hards!

Something weird happened to me yesterday.

As usual, Porsche 962C, FM1 and waiting for the rain with weather radar at maximum distance.
The usual Lap 2 showers barely wet the track (not even reached the first mark on the meter), with only some spots on the radar, kept going and no signal of more rain on the radar, stopped on the lap 5 only for fuel and no sign of more rain on the radar
Imagine my surprise with pouring rain and the track wet by the time the pit stop ended and I left the pit lane on my racing hards!
Similar thing happened to me, but in the 1h spa francorchamp race

My Game play will give you a very good idea on a strategy to use

Car used was Suzuki Swift Sport Gr4 and these were the settings used.
View attachment 1136310View attachment 1136311
Settings need a tiny bit more work, but its nearly there.
The only real threat is Blazan who also uses a Swift, so he can also match you with fuel economy, Portilla uses a Viper can also be a threat but he tends to pit around end of lap 6.
So if you're behind him dont push as he will most likely pit

That livery is very nice, and chance you remember what it's called?

That livery is very nice, and chance you remember what it's called?
Yeah,
Black paint.

Its all I really did.

Added Multispoke rims(forget which ones)
Edit livery
Paint car body Black
Paint wheels aluminium gold
Added headlight covers

I've used a Bugati Veyron 16.4 '13 detuned slightly after adding required racing tires. Two pit stops; first one at end of lap 2 for rain tires and top off gas, and then end of lap 4 to switch tires again (vary depending on weather, track wetness) and a splash of gas to get you through that final push. Gas management is key with this car, especially in the final stretch when you could possibly end up having to do a 7th lap (majority for me on in this race is 6). I was able to go the last 3 laps with gas stretched out to just under a lap worth of gas for final lap (chose not to pit and lose the lead) and finished with .2 left so it is possible to stretch the gas to get 3 laps.

I just discovered integra type r.
Set to maximum, 655pp, with weight reduction phase 1 and 380cv.
You can do 4 laps with fm5 and goes to 280kmh at the straight. Very fun

Last edited:
My new favorite car here is the Nissan GT500 '16 Gr2 car with downtuning on hard tires and then when it starts raining on rain tires... goes extremely well and safely... very easy victory.

I've done this with Viper Gr4 which is great on fuel can't remember which map. 1 stop and finished the race having to do 7 laps. I pitted once for IM on lap 3 and everyone else came in for second pitstop I think lap 6 and the whole field said 1 lap when I finished the race in 34min 17 seconds. Difficult hard, much easier than Toyoko for me on hard
I’m using the Alpine 220 racing hard tyres very easy wins and and interesting drive instead of using gr4 cars

I’m using Alpine 220 racing hard tyres easy wins and a nice car to drive when tuned right and I get a bit bored with the GR4 cars

Going thru all my cars that I have used and easiest is still the 787B at FM2, watching the weather for change of tyres, no need to worry over fuel.
Detune the 787B enough to use RH Tyres, and have both IM & W tyres available for race. You should have no problem.

Just other night had done 2 races without needing to change tyres, so completed and won without pitting at all...

Last edited:
I often do this race with a group B Rally car. Either the WRX or the GT86. Lower and stiffer suspension, racing hard tires and a turbo. I can do 4 full laps on fuel map 6 and rain is not much of an issue with awd. Easy win with mostly 2-3 minutes before 2nd.

Mazda 787b.
Can do 7 laps on FM1 without stopping (done it once, the rain barely wet the track, just had to be aware to not go for 8 laps, crossed the line 2 seconds after 30 min and a minute and a half ahead of the rest), just have to keep an eye on weather radar to put Inters or Wets if needed. The RH go for the 7 laps as good as new

Supra GT500 '97, I bought the power restrictor, racing hard tires and intermediate tires.

I set the output adjustment to 92 and power restrictor to 93, PP ends up at 699.71 with racing hards equipped to start.

I set the fuel to 1 and runs laps 1-3, pit before crossing finish on lap 3, and switch to intermediate tires + fully restore fuel.

I set the fuel map to 4 and run laps 4-7 (the rest of the race). I coast a bit on the final lap, but if you don't then set the fuel map to 5 on lap 7.

Last edited:
Yeah,
Black paint.

Its all I really did.

Added Multispoke rims(forget which ones)
Edit livery
Paint car body Black
Paint wheels aluminium gold
Added headlight covers
Can you share a picture of it? Can’t see the video anymore!! I’m intrigued by the headlight covers??

Edit: never mind! Just seen the tuning sheets and saw the car there!!

Last edited:
Back