Best car an strategy to win the 700Pp Le Man's 8 laps with weather changing race?

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 136 comments
Can you share a picture of it? Can’t see the video anymore!! I’m intrigued by the headlight covers??

Edit: never mind! Just seen the tuning sheets and saw the car there!!
7be3e445c9524ddb2e0a91e35468db86_photo.png

Supra GT500 '97, I bought the power restrictor, racing hard tires and intermediate tires.

I set the output adjustment to 92 and power restrictor to 93, PP ends up at 699.71 with racing hards equipped to start.

I set the fuel to 1 and runs laps 1-3, pit before crossing finish on lap 3, and switch to intermediate tires + fully restore fuel.

I set the fuel map to 4 and run laps 4-7 (the rest of the race). I coast a bit on the final lap, but if you don't then set the fuel map to 5 on lap 7.
Better version

Genesis G70 Gr.4, buy hard racing tires, heavy wet tires, fully customizable racing transmission, and the high RPM turbocharger.

Go to settings and adjust the transmission top speed to 300 km/h. This allows you to beat the fastest AI driver on the straights.

Start with hard racing tires. Set the fuel map to 3 and run laps 1-3 (pit before crossing the finish on lap 3).

In the pit, switch to heavy wet tires, fully restore fuel, and set the fuel map to 6 coming back onto the track.

Run laps 4 through 7 (the rest of the race) and win comfortably by 50+ seconds.

The reason why this is better is because the car sticks to the track during heavy rain and slick track laps. I ran laps just as fast during dry conditions and faster during wet. Also, I was not aware everyone didn't get the Tom's Supra for free. In that event, this version's credit investment is lower and anyone can buy the car from brand central. This is normal difficulty btw.

Alternate method is to do two pit stops. I get done in roughly the same amount of time (between 32-33 min), and win by a similar time margin.

Start with hard racing tires. Set the fuel map to 1 and run laps 1-2 (pit before crossing the finish on lap 2).

In the pit, switch to heavy wet tires, fully restore fuel, and set the fuel map to 3 coming back onto the track.

Run laps 3 through 5 (pit before crossing the finish on lap 5).

In the pit, switch to intermediate, fully restore fuel, and set the fuel map to 1 coming back onto the track.

Run laps 6 through 7 (the rest of the race).

Last edited:
I love this race because it's always slightly different. I'd tried various options, including a 700PP tune of the Gr3 NSX, the Tom's Supra, a 700PP BMW M3 '09 and the Gr4 BMW M4. That last one was close, but someone here suggested the Alfa 155 which got my first win. I ran that for a few days but then settled on a slightly tweaked Toyota 86 Gr4 which is my current weapon of choice. Unless I lose concentration and stuff a corner, I can usually guarantee a win using the following strategy.
The most important thing is that the car must be able to clear 4 laps on a tank. That was what scuppered the M3 - I could only get two laps. I run the first section on Fuel Mix 6. You lose less time doing that than having extra pit stops. RH tyres are also a must. Unless the rain is already biblical by the end of lap 2, DO NOT PIT. The AIs are also still on slicks and they will drive worse than you. I've come round turn 18 to see cars, that had been 15 seconds ahead, gently pirouetting along the straight. The AIs do not like the rain. By the end of lap 3, you have a choice. If the weather has improved again, stay out and pit at the end of lap 4 for fuel only. You can up the fuel mix to 3 or 4 for the last 3 laps and should end up a good 30 seconds clear at the end. If the rain is still bad at the end of lap 3, pit for IMs and fuel. Once the rain finally stops, you can stay out on the IMs by staying off the drying racing line wherever possible. If you can keep them wet, the IMs will last the 4 laps required, as will your fuel if you leave the mix at 6. Again, usually around 30 seconds clear.

I use the Alfa 155 DTM... 542hp, 2200lbs and is 699pp on race hards. Fuel could be better but once on the straight you usually outpace them all. I also use the NSX JGTC (not the new model NSX) and that has good fuel management and tire wear. Just a little slow on acceleration.

I used the Nissan super silhouette.the rain right at the end of lap 2 which meant it caught out the AI as well absolutely carnage.everyone went into the pits and put on intermediate and from there on it was quite easy really

As the thread title says, doing lemans in 8 laps you need a very fast car with all what " brings" in tyre wear and fuel consumption.
Don't know before 1.31 update what cars can do that but now tyre wear on intermediate tyres changed a lot and they vanish if track gets dry .
8 laps you can do now with the Escudo ( praiano tune) and two pit stops.
Of course that will add more time to finish the race but since with 7 lap stint you wait at the finish straight its certain that you can do 8 lap stints.
Doing 8 laps in 30 minutes ( almost) i think is depends on weather -first -that need mostly dry track and second to be a hell of a driver .
Am not aware of something else ( and am not interesting also ) right now but just happens since i get and run the Escudo after legend car dealer make it available again.
Strategy and FM number ( 6 i guess ) depends on weather and how much rain and at what lap will start .
After 1.31 the aquaplaning effect doesn't exist anymore on intermediates even at torencial rain, you can go flat out in straights with nothing happens.

The Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr1) is amazing!
If you detune it to 700pp and run it on fuel map 6 you can do the race without pitting for fuel. I just did it on easy and then on hard and you can see the results attached. The fist time I got lucky with not enough rain to require wet tires but the second time I ran the full wets from lap 2 till the end.

The best thing about this car is the way it handles and even in the rain I didn’t need any traction control with the wet tires on!

I use the non Gr1 version for the 800PP races and it’s the best car I’ve driven in the game.

Racing Hard tires will do the 7 laps with barely any signs of wear as you can see in the screen shot below where I'm about to cross the finish line. If it rains you can stop for wets and not take any fuel which is what I did the second time.

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpeg
    IMG_2590.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2584.jpeg
    IMG_2584.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr1) is amazing!
If you detune it to 700pp and run it on fuel map 6 you can do the race without pitting for fuel. I just did it on easy and then on hard and you can see the results attached. The fist time I got lucky with not enough rain to require wet tires but the second time I ran the full wets from lap 2 till the end.

The best thing about this car is the way it handles and even in the rain I didn’t need any traction control with the wet tires on!

I use the non Gr1 version for the 800PP races and it’s the best car I’ve driven in the game.

Nice " discover" that one .
I guess LM 55 is very handful and safe from many other cars.
The bad thing is if you need rain tyres , then you can't avoid the pitstop.
Today i run 2 times the 962 from legend dealer just to see how it goes, can run full 4 laps on FM 1 and can handle intermediate tyres quite well on a totally dry track.
Here is after 3 laps on dry where others end up with the rims only .
IMG_20230410_084051379_HDR.jpg

Also is not much difference between right and left side.
Don't know if is able at FM6 to do the race with 7 laps ,just guessing that can do 6 but still is just a guess.
Thanks for sharing your set up,ill try it during the day and see how it goes.

Its good to have " easy" choices especially for new guys or young guys at the game.

EDIT
Definitely LM55 can do a 7 lap race on FM6 ,i try ones but needed to change tyres at lap 4-5 in order to finish.
Second attempt was on FM1 but again needed to change in wets due to torrential rain that was coming at lap 2-3 .
Tyres last for the remaining 4 laps and leave the fuel for 0.8 of a lap witch means on FM 2 can do 5 laps .

Another small tip that someone can use if he forced to change to wet or intermediates soon ,is to ride left or right side of the track at the big straights in order to preserve tyres and last a bit longer.

Last edited:
Aston VGT car can run 3:49 laps if you get it just right. You MUST use manual shifting and shift between 6 and 7k. It will run 3 laps on FM1 or 4 on FM3, 5 on FM6. Usually I pit once for IM if it rains and adjust FM to finish the race. I typically have to sit at the finish line for 1+ minute at the end of lap 7 so I don't have to do an eighth lap. Typically win by about 2 minutes on Hard.

Hi guys!
Please may we have an hint about which is the best car and tyre/pit strategy to win the 8 Laps to Le Man's race for 700pp cars, and earn the 550.000 cr??
Please!!
The best method I've found is using the Italdesign VGT Off-Road Mode with IM tyres Output adjustment set to 71 and Power restricror set to 72. This will keep you just under 700pp but still with 742bhp. Keep the fuel map at 5 to start and towards the end of the race you can crank it up.

This works perfectly if it rains. You don't need to pit at all as you have enough fuel and IM tyres on already. The only issue is if it doesn't rain at all your tyres get shredded and everyone whips past you. The best I've done when it's not rained is 5th but always 1st when it does. It's a bit of a boring race using this car and it slids about a bit.

I've found that the only way I lose the clean race bonus is by overtaking when a yellow flag is displayed. Other than that I've had crashes and penalties and still got the clean race bonus.

Last edited:
Maybe some of us follow this thread to see what pops up as a new method and car in that race....
What I wasn't talking about that users suggesting thats fine I was talking about that user replaying to the OP post that's over a year old and which case I'm sure the OP has moved on or figure it out after over a year.

Back