Best car and strategy for Sardegna WTC 800 ?

Tried 2 new cars today. Lamborghini Aventador 750 was an easy win on hard. Porsche Spyder 918 could have been a win but i just was too stupid and wrecked the car every other lap. Both with 3 stops like Portilla.

Lambo Aventador LP750 - 26:10 - 1:37:504 - 3x - RH
Porsche Spyder 918 - 26:27 - 1:38:868 - 3x - RM

Did 3 runs today. 2 of them in the McLaren F1 BMW 95'.

First one with stock tuning and RH tires trying one stop but it was a bit slow. I wasn't fully there today either. Even with a lot of errors on the latter runs it was much better driving it with RM tires and Praianos Suspension settings on a two stopper, switching to RH for the medium stint. 4 laps RM, 7 laps RH, 4 laps RM as i wasn't convinced to get 5 laps out of the RM on a controller. Porsche Living Legend did much better than i remembered.

McLaren F1 BMW 95' - 2nd place - 26:30 - 1:41,xxx - 1x - RH
McLaren F1 BMW 95' - 26:00 - 1:36:641 - 2x - RM,RH,RM
Porsche Living Legend 917 - 25:38 - 1:35:119 - 2x - RH

Took the Porsche 917 Living Legend to Spa 1h today. Easy win. I am thinking of taking other cars that are competitive at Sardegna to Spa. Like the Ferrari Enzo, the Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren F1 BMW 95' or the Pagani Zonda. As the pitstops take longer at Spa this could be more challenging than i hope.

Oh, and i hope PD turns the tire wear a bit down again. So many cars that wear down the RH tires much faster than the fuel tank. Not very fun for variable strategies, i find.

Last edited:
i think all gr3 cars with stock setup can win it easily...
typically fuel 1 rm tyres, pit in lap 5 & 10, new tyres & full tank...
Most opponents are taking pits every 3 or 4 laps, so they are having 3 stops...
just avoid hitting walls...

mclaren p1 gtr is maybe hardest car on that track i've tested, it eats rh tires faster that other cars are eating rm:s and fuel economy is worse than on typical gr3 cars, so needed to shift early and use throttle gently

Have they upped the fuel economy on some cars, sure tried the living legend at start of game and it was awful for fuel..blitzed sardenga in it last night, usually struggle catching 1st, was in the 1:38 area. Previous bests where 1:39s

Last edited:
i think all gr3 cars with stock setup can win it easily...
typically fuel 1 rm tyres, pit in lap 5 & 10, new tyres & full tank...
Most opponents are taking pits every 3 or 4 laps, so they are having 3 stops...
just avoid hitting walls...

mclaren p1 gtr is maybe hardest car on that track i've tested, it eats rh tires faster that other cars are eating rm:s and fuel economy is worse than on typical gr3 cars, so needed to shift early and use throttle gently
Is this comment about stock Gr.3 cars being competitive on hard difficulty? If not, it's a bit useless. I don't share this feeling. ;-)

And yes, Darren, i also had the feeling the Porsche Living Legend is not competitive on fuel but it is now. :-)

Last edited:
Is this comment about stock Gr.3 cars being competitive on hard difficulty? If not, it's a bit useless. I don't share this feeling. ;-)

And yes, Darren, i also had the feeling the Porsche Living Legend is not competitive on fuel but it is now. :-)
Going to have a look what the isle of mann subaru is like, I remember that being pants for fuel.

Last edited:
So far i've tried and was able to win with the following cars, listed from easiest to drive/win and hardest to control/win with on easy:

McLaren F1 GTR BMW 1997 on FM1
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-LM '98 on FM1
Sauber C9 on FM6
Honda NSX GT5000 '08 on FM1
McLaren F1 GTR '95 on FM1
Dodge Viper GTS tuned to 1995 GTS/R Spec with 680HP on FM6
Corvette C4 with maxed out racing tune on FM6
Ferrari F40 tuned to Le Mans 1995 spec on FM6
Porsche 911 GT1 with just racing hard tires and all other parts except the engine parts besides the racing exhaust. on FM6
Lamborghini Diablo GT tuned to racing spec on FM6, car was surprisingly stable but has poor braking and the turn radius isn't the best.

I attempted the race with a Acura NSX tuned to 1995 Le Mans GT1 spec but the car is too unstable and slippery.
Did Sardegna again with the following cars on Easy mode, listed from easiest to drive to most difficult:

Nissan GTR GT500 '08 on FM6, car did good on Fuel but the medium tires went out pretty quickly, pitted every 7 laps or so but it was pretty much me going on cruise control the whole time as the car is really stable and easy to drive.
Ferrari Enzo tuned to FXX spec on FM6 with max weight reduction, this car is actually a very good performer though the brakes could be slightly better.
Corvette C6 tuned to C6R spec on FM6, very good performing car, it can easily keep up and surpass the Gr.3 cars.
Lamborghini Murcielago tuned to RGT spec with FM6, same as above but the handling and brakes aren't as good as the Corvette and Enzo/FXX.
Ford GT LM Edition on FM1 + Supercharger, had to pit every 5 laps or so.
Ferrari FXXK, I expected this car to drive and handle good but besides having good brakes it's actually pretty disappointing to drive.
Nissan Skyline Silhouette FM4-FM6 with max Turbo, decent handling but the Turbo lag made it exit out corners slower than i'd like it to.
Aston Martin DBR9 FM1, this car is neutral is it doesn't seem to be bad but it's not really good either.
Nissan Skyline R34 GT500, even with the max Turbo this car was pretty slow and the handling isn't anything special, if this was on Hard I don't think this car would be good to use.

If the F40 had more stable handling it could easily out perform Gr.2 as during testing in custom races on Hard the F40 when controlled by AI is faster than the 2000s GT500 cars but lags slightly behind the 90s GT1 cars.

Last edited:
Playing on hard, so no odd experiences with road cars, the speed and the initial gap makes you have to win it on strategy.
Seems the easiest path is the Toyota GR10 Hybrid Gr.1, which I don't have currently.
The modern LMP1 cars have to be too much nerfed to get them to 800PP, so absolutely no power when the batteries run dry (the GR10 is a Le Mans Hypercar, the power level is always the same, the hybrid only means you are using less fuel to get there when you have electric power and is about 40+PP lower than the other modern LMP1s).
Apart from that, it's very easy with the old Group C cars, specially the Mazda, which as the best fuel and tire usage of the bunch, it was possible even to do it with the same set of tires before update 1.20, FM1 just stop for a little bit of gas on lap 12.
Also the Gr.2 cars make it very easy, modern GT500 having the more comfortable handling, you can go FM1 and stop once for , the very expensive old GT1 McLaren and Mercedes faster on the straight but less comfortable on the corners, the gas mileage can be a problem.
The old GT500, the Skyline and the Supra, can be doable but a bit harder.
The Gr.3 GT3 are a challenge on hard, mainly because of dealing with all the AI cars, specially if you run a lean FM, they will crash you left and right, when you get rid of them by lap 4 or 5, most of the may be too late to catch up with Portilla and the three stopper Viper, if he doesn't mess up with traffic, as he sometimes laps on the high 1:37s, low 1:38s. Fraga, since the update 1.20 uses the old Supra instead of the '18 model, uses racing softs and pits every three laps for tires but is a pain in the $#§ to go through before that.
Found the Escudo very, very, very sensitive under braking, although very fast, didn't liked it at all.

Used to be able to win with all sorts of cars. I had beat it with every Invitation car and a bunch of other super cars. I cant even beat it with the 330 P4 anymore.

I do win in 1.50.000 faster than I used to in the GT-R GT500 '08. Even though I'm now pitting twice instead of once I'm finishing the race almost 2 mins faster than I used to at 26.11.xxx. Pretty sure that makes this race more lucrative than the 1 hour Spa race, even with clicking thru menus. I used to run Hards for the 1 stop but this thing is so much quicker on Meds now it makes up the pit time and then some.

Hey guys, just to share some info and potentially get some new from you

First, I Know that you can do better with the Escudo, but that's not funny like all. For me it feels like cheating, like Tomahawk in Tokyo

I mostly use @praiano63 tunes as a base (especially the gearbox ratios). I tend to lower the front and remove the ballast in expense of power cause of fuel is a thing on this race.

Looking for recommendations of similar cars to use that do the at aprox same time or better.
I do the same strategy with all cars: Racing Hards with 1 stop at the end of lap 7.
Some of them need fuel management like the CLK and the Mclaren

R92CP24:47
XJR24:50
962C25:04
CLK-LM25:05
NSX GT50025:15
Mclaren F1 GTR25:17
RC F GT50025:25
NSX Concept25:26
NISMO GT50025:37

Ps. I don't have the Sauber C9 and the 787B (yet, waiting for the legendary shop)

Last edited:
I read a lot about "this tune and that tune". I always find the AI just lets you win. I can enter a race -200 PP from limit and the AI miraculsly allows me to take P1 on the last corner or I stomp the competition by 30 seconds on a 5 lapper if I'm at max PP. I'm no super racer, but I win almost every race regardless of PP etc. I'm sure you do too.

Does any tune matter? I say no.

Hey guys, just to share some info and potentially get some new from you

First, I Know that you can do better with the Escudo, but that's not funny like all. For me it feels like cheating, like Tomahawk in Tokyo

I mostly use @praiano63 tunes as a base (especially the gearbox ratios). I tend to lower the front and remove the ballast in expense of power cause of fuel is a thing on this race.

Looking for recommendations of similar cars to use that do the at aprox same time or better.
I do the same strategy with all cars: Racing Hards with 1 stop at the end of lap 7.
Some of them need fuel management like the CLK and the Mclaren

R92CP24:47
XJR24:50
962C25:04
CLK-LM25:05
NSX GT50025:15
Mclaren F1 GTR25:17
RC F GT50025:25
NSX Concept25:26
NISMO GT50025:37

Ps. I don't have the Sauber C9 and the 787B (yet, waiting for the legendary shop)
Try the LM55 VGT(GR1).
950 PP to start
Bring down to 800
Fuel mapping lvl 4
lap 10 refuel
Fuel mapping down lvl 3 to finish race
racing hards all the way till the end No need to change

Back