Best car and strategy for Sardegna WTC 800 ?

Honda NSX GT500 RH tires, one stop changing tires and refueling, some tweaking of the fuel map (you can do it whenever you like). You will lap everyone.
Anything special about the settings? I've tried it for a few laps (not a full race) and it seems to lag so far behind the field. The 787B just cuts past everyone...

Anything special about the settings? I've tried it for a few laps (not a full race) and it seems to lag so far behind the field. The 787B just cuts past everyone...
I'm playing on easy, so that might affect it so much; just lapped everyone last night once again with even a couple of mistakes made.

Audi R18 detuned to 800PP. Perfect for grinding Sardenga.

Hard Tires, no Strategy. Simply winning the Race.

Last edited:
@Cheesehead64 There’s no way to adjust the fuel map and a full battery will give you just over 4.5 laps flat out before it cuts to limp home mode so lifting and coasting is the way. A bit of battery management will give you 5 laps nicely.

I think for endurance racing the PP isn't representative of the car's potential.

When you add turbo, you have 800 bhp, yes, but the power comes with extra fuel consumption. What good is 800 bhp if you have to run on FM4 for optimal strategy anyway?

730PP is probably the most balanced target for 800PP endurance events. You can still win, but you have more flexibility in strategy.
Exactly. If you run a 800PP detuned Gr. 1 (or Gr. 2 in less degree) car, focusing firstly in lowering the power, you can run FM1 with less fuel consumption (and less tire wear) than a upgraded Gr. 3 just to set FM5-6, to save fuel.
You put a upgraded turbocharger on a Gr. 3 just to put it in 800pp range with horrendous fuel consumption. Than you set FM6, bringing power levels to lower than original specs. So you are struggling with a 700pp car in reality.

Sardegna is easily done in one stop in FM1 and you don't even need a full tank to finish after the stop, no need for tires too, and even Spa 1 hour race is doable in one stop, with strategy being defined exclusively by weather.

EDIT: Very easy too with the Chaparral, probably easier even, but two stops needed. Which isn't so bad, as you don't loose to much time on Sardegna pit lane as in other tracks.

Last edited:
Exactly. If you run a 800PP detuned Gr. 1 (or Gr. 2 in less degree) car, focusing firstly in lowering the power, you can run FM1 with less fuel consumption (and less tire wear) than a upgraded Gr. 3 just to set FM5-6, to save fuel.
You put a upgraded turbocharger on a Gr. 3 just to put it in 800pp range with horrendous fuel consumption. Than you set FM6, bringing power levels to lower than original specs. So you are struggling with a 700pp car in reality.

Sardegna is easily done in one stop in FM1 and you don't even need a full tank to finish after the stop, no need for tires too, and even Spa 1 hour race is doable in one stop, with strategy being defined exclusively by weather.

EDIT: Very easy too with the Chaparral, probably easier even, but two stops needed. Which isn't so bad, as you don't loose to much time on Sardegna pit lane as in other tracks.
Interesting. I've been rocking the Mazda 787B and Porsche 962 Le Mans endurance cars, which are perfect for this event. FM1, one pit stop. I jumped in the detuned Bugatti Gr. 1 (or 2?) and it just felt like a dog by comparison. Not sure what I did to win in it before, but I did somehow...

My favorite is the Chaparral 2j and I can run it with a 1 stop using fuel maps 4-6. Can do 1-2 on straights if you coast into corners.

It's hare vs turtle all over again.

PP definitely more important for sprint races with no tire wear and fuel consumption. Hybrid system won't die in short races either (unlike in longer races without opportunities to brake).

Portilla stops 3 times and loses, so your main opponent is Beauvois. If you can beat the French guy, race is in the bag.

Last edited:
Used the ‘08 GT500 GT-R at Spa. Didn’t realise when I bought it, it was under PP 800 with RMs. I’ll try it at this race. Was a very frugal car at Spa. Should be the same here.

Another simple strategy: Jaguar GR3, supercharger; fuel map 6. short shifting and coasting for a 1 stopper. Win by 30+ seconds.

Full throttle in the GT-R GT500 ‘18. Keep the RMs on. Pit Lap 9 for fuel and fresh tyres. Won by 41.1 seconds. AI Viper pits twice as usual and overtakes the AMG GT3 towards the end of the race.

I used to do this with the 787B or CLK, but today first time Sardegna after 1.20 the 787B feels strange?, and seems to lack a lot of speed? Oil is good, no revision needed, anyone noticing something to?

I used to do this with the 787B or CLK, but today first time Sardegna after 1.20 the 787B feels strange?, and seems to lack a lot of speed? Oil is good, no revision needed, anyone noticing something to?
Fuel map maybe? What is your strategy?

I just did the race with the 787B after a very long time (months), so now everything feels different for me obviously....starting with the pit strategy.
From what I remember, I didn't need to go to the pits to change tyres and refuel.
The RH were good for the whole race, and that was unrealistic of course.
IIRC fuel map was at 4 for most of the race and then the last 2 laps I put it at 1-2.

Now I need to change the RH two times (one could do it, but to be sure I changed them a second time on lap 13) and refuel a little bit, using the same fuel map strategy.

Indeed, the pit strategy is way different now, tireware is much more present, but I find the difference between the CLK and the 787B huge at the moment, don't know what it is, its less quick then I was before, I'll investigate 😁🤣

Last edited:
For any of the WTC 800 events the 787B at 800pp is basically a cheat car. I did the Watkins Glen event and didn’t need to stop for fuel or tyres (RH).

With a stock Gr.3 R8 I needed to stop for fuel & tyres. Didn’t quite have the pace to win. That car was around 750pp so obviously more pace to come if tuned. But I like to keep my race cars stock if possible.

Could you please share the settings with ballast on the front and power restriction?
I can't get it under 861 pp
Here is my setting.

Attachments

• 2C41C624-E36E-4A30-AFA9-132C1C189CC0.jpeg
    2C41C624-E36E-4A30-AFA9-132C1C189CC0.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 30
I've won this event and can't for the life of me remember how. I just tried a no pit strategy in the Toyota Hybrid but finished in 8th so that wasn't it.

Suggestions?
LM55 VGT (GR.1) best car Ive driven starts at pp950 but even down to 800 it still wins with a margin, love using it for the gt championship too..

Indeed, the pit strategy is way different now, tireware is much more present, but I find the difference between the CLK and the 787B huge at the moment, don't know what it is, its less quick then I was before, I'll investigate 😁🤣
Tried both cars since the update. Definitely more tire wear than before, the fuel mileage is the same as before for my tunes, 12 laps on the Mazda and 8 laps (marginally with a bit of lift and coast) with the Merc. On the Mazda used to keep the same tires on the stop but now they are finished at the middle of the 12th lap, the right front one moment is ok, then, when the graphic comes full red, absolutely no grip, the car couldn't turn left, the last half of the lap was made crippling to the pits. The Merc I already used to change tires on the 8th lap, just to be on the safe side, so no issue here.

When racing, use the left and right key to display the fuel management. The use up key to increase the fuel management.
I don't understand how to increase the fuel management during a race
I see the FUEL MAP, bottom right.

LE : Got it, thank you so much

Last edited:
OK, so I just did this event with the 800pp 787B. One stop for fuel & tyres (no fuel management needed) to win by over 30 seconds. If I was really concentrating I’m sure you could win by almost 1 minute.

The 787B’s fuel efficiency is 2x-3x better than many of the other cars used in this event.

Last edited:
Back