Best car and strategy for Sardegna WTC 800 ?

Tried both cars since the update. Definitely more tire wear than before, the fuel mileage is the same as before for my tunes, 12 laps on the Mazda and 8 laps (marginally with a bit of lift and coast) with the Merc. On the Mazda used to keep the same tires on the stop but now they are finished at the middle of the 12th lap, the right front one moment is ok, then, when the graphic comes full red, absolutely no grip, the car couldn't turn left, the last half of the lap was made crippling to the pits. The Merc I already used to change tires on the 8th lap, just to be on the safe side, so no issue here.

I tried it again this morning, with push laps on FM1 The best I could do was 1.39 mids, and that is alot slower then before, the milage is quite high on my 787B, I think I'll try to renew the engine, who knows 😅

Sauber Mercedes by Praiano
1 pit for fuel and tires (Racing Hard) at the end of lap 7
very easy win (about 50 seconds to the secon place, if you want there is time for another pit only for fresh tires, but not necessary)

I’ve been using the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak. It takes 2 pits but it’s so fast that I can still be ahead by at least a minute at the end of the race if I don’t have any bots spin me out 😅 Lap times are usually 1:36 on average.

I tried it again this morning, with push laps on FM1 The best I could do was 1.39 mids, and that is alot slower then before, the milage is quite high on my 787B, I think I'll try to renew the engine, who knows 😅
With the 787B on RH my fastest laps are around early 1.38’s. With some wear I can do 1.39’s consistently.

I think I’ve had the odd lap dip into the 1.37’s. Will try again later.

Last edited:
The AMG CLK will walk it. Can adjust FM to allow 1 stop, but no need, and with the new tyre wear stopping twice is recommended, so stay on FM1 (will still do 6 laps, but tyres pretty worn by then).
This is on NORMAL difficulty - the Viper pits laps 4, 8 and 12. Saw a post where Viper pitted only twice, and assume that's on Hard level?

The AMG CLK will walk it. Can adjust FM to allow 1 stop, but no need, and with the new tyre wear stopping twice is recommended, so stay on FM1 (will still do 6 laps, but tyres pretty worn by then).
This is on NORMAL difficulty - the Viper pits laps 4, 8 and 12. Saw a post where Viper pitted only twice, and assume that's on Hard level?
I only play on Hard difficulty but can confirm the Viper does pit twice.

I only play on Hard difficulty but can confirm the Viper does pit twice.
You need to check a replay. The Viper pits three times no matter what the difficulty level is. It is limited by the amount of fuel it uses.
I have actually seen it pit a fourth time in rare cases.

Just managed to start winning this race before the update(hard difficulty)in the gtr gr2, had a go tonight 13th. Damage and tyres Definitely different now. Plus my gtr had gone up to 806pp, so had to reduce that. Hadn't done the race for a few weeks, that won't of helped either.

You need to check a replay. The Viper pits three times no matter what the difficulty level is. It is limited by the amount of fuel it uses.
I have actually seen it pit a fourth time in rare cases.
Played it again tonight and did realize it pits 3 times - no wonder I’m so far ahead 😅

@Bridge050 : replying here as it may interest other people :

Used the F1500 with @praiano63 settings (god blessed this man) : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13795644

Detuned it with power restriction and ballast on the front to get under 800pp. Used RH tires.
Hi mate just a quick Qs(god bless p man too lol), in ur post you mentioned you used some ballast at the front to help with the pp, what always stumps me is where to put the ballast front,middle or rear if you have any tips it'd be much appreciated. Good racing brother...

Hi mate just a quick Qs(god bless p man too lol), in ur post you mentioned you used some ballast at the front to help with the pp, what always stumps me is where to put the ballast front,middle or rear if you have any tips it'd be much appreciated. Good racing brother...
Front (-50) to lower the PP :)

CLK LM detuned to 800PP is a relatively comfortable win
It is, however it was much easier before the last update. I had to retune my car as it jumped to 804.38. Did height adjustment and got under again. They seriously NERFED this car used to go whole race on RH and barely wear the tires. Now it is a little more loose and feels like it has some body roll.

It is, however it was much easier before the last update. I had to retune my car as it jumped to 804.38. Did height adjustment and got under again. They seriously NERFED this car used to go whole race on RH and barely wear the tires. Now it is a little more loose and feels like it has some body roll.
Interesting. My CLK tune pre 1.20 update was exactly 800.00 and after 1.20 pushed it was down to 794 or 796. I was able to bump HP a bit and run faster laps with it now. Same with my 962C tune. My McLaren longtail and all other Sardegna cars/tunes went the opposite direction though, previously at 799.xx or 800 even they bumped to around 804 or 806 and I had to remove some HP or aero to meet PP limits again. Could run 1 set of RH entire race previously but now need to change them in my pit stop for fuel after lap 8, no big deal for me though.

I use the 2000s (forget what year.. 08?) EPSON NSX GT500 .. 800pp with hard race tires. I will usually get into first place after 2 or 3 laps (I havent done this race in a while, lately I have been running Spa or Sarthe for grinding credits) and I pit once at lap 8 after running on fuel map 6 for the whole race except for the main straight. Ill switch to fuel map 1 for the straight so I can get some speed but go back to fuel map 6 before the first turn.

I use practically anything that can get between 700 and 800pp that’s reasonable on fuel. I’ve even won with a 688pp once. I take the slow approach. FM 6 on RH. Nice and easy laps around 1:45. Pit at lap 9 if needed or not at all with some cars.

No worries about CRB. Takes me 27.xx sometimes 26.xx.

I've since learned that pitting on lap 10 is an easy way to get spun out by AI as I'm exiting the pit lane (Hard difficulty, RC F GT500).

PD should maybe adjust the AI racing line to  not cut across the pit exit lane going into T1.

Ballast in front helps hold that end down when pulling out of a corner... BUT if the front end breaks loose the skid will be worse. It also makes oversteer more likely, MUCH more likely in the lines of an antique American muscle car. Adding any ballast will increase fuel consumption and will increase tire wear on the corresponding end.
Any LMP or Formula 1 car or similar (like the Ferrari F-XX-K) can win this race, just be aware that Ferraris and Lambos are THIRSTY cars, so you'll need to be able to flat outrun the AI, not rely on pit strategy.

Last edited:
I recently learned that my Zonda is not a streetcar but a racecar without a class. any others like tha pagani that could be use at sardegna in a similar way?

Still on my way to find out if there are non racing cars that i can win in on hard.

Tried the Ferrari FXX today. Could do 5 laps with fuel with FM6 and a little coasting but it shreds the RM tires way too fast. Maybe i find a good tune on RH that is stable and doesnt burn even mor fuel.

Also tried the Ferrari F50. Tires and Fuel ok for 5 laps but i am just way too slow in this unstable beast. Might also look into tunes here.

Tomorrow i want to try the Enzo and the La Ferrari and after that some Lambos. But today just didnt get my hopes up.

Edit: i never look by how far i win in my races. Do you guys know what the average laptime hast to be to win the Sardgna 800 on hard difficulty with 0/1/2/3/4 pitstops? Thank you!

Last edited:
So far i've tried and was able to win with the following cars, listed from easiest to drive/win and hardest to control/win with on easy:

McLaren F1 GTR BMW 1997 on FM1
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-LM '98 on FM1
Sauber C9 on FM6
Honda NSX GT5000 '08 on FM1
McLaren F1 GTR '95 on FM1
Dodge Viper GTS tuned to 1995 GTS/R Spec with 680HP on FM6
Corvette C4 with maxed out racing tune on FM6
Ferrari F40 tuned to Le Mans 1995 spec on FM6
Porsche 911 GT1 with just racing hard tires and all other parts except the engine parts besides the racing exhaust. on FM6
Lamborghini Diablo GT tuned to racing spec on FM6, car was surprisingly stable but has poor braking and the turn radius isn't the best.

I attempted the race with a Acura NSX tuned to 1995 Le Mans GT1 spec but the car is too unstable and slippery.

Last edited:
I aslo found my first non race cars to win this event on hard. Pretty easy in the Ferrari Enzo. Pretty hard in the Pagani Huyara because i had to coast all the time due to AT shifting. Very lucky to win in it at all.

I will document my races there from now on and give you a list at the end of the year. Here are the first ones i have written down:

Car - race time - best lap time - stops - tires
McLaren MP4/4 - 25:44 - 1:37:657 - 2x - RM
CLK LM 98' - 25:31 - 1:37:840 - 1 - RH
Ferrari Enzo - 25:48 - 1:37:497 - 2x - RM
Pagani Huyara - 26:31 - 1:38,466 - 2x - RM

Last edited:
So far i've tried and was able to win with the following cars, listed from easiest to drive/win and hardest to control/win with on easy:

McLaren F1 GTR BMW 1997 on FM1
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-LM '98 on FM1
Sauber C9 on FM6
Honda NSX GT5000 '08 on FM1
McLaren F1 GTR '95 on FM1
Dodge Viper GTS tuned to 1995 GTS/R Spec with 680HP on FM6
Corvette C4 with maxed out racing tune on FM6
Ferrari F40 tuned to Le Mans 1995 spec on FM6
Porsche 911 GT1 with just racing hard tires and all other parts except the engine parts besides the racing exhaust. on FM6
Lamborghini Diablo GT tuned to racing spec on FM6, car was surprisingly stable but has poor braking and the turn radius isn't the best.

I attempted the race with a Acura NSX tuned to 1995 Le Mans GT1 spec but the car is too unstable and slippery.
Did you win with all these cars on hard difficulty?

Did you win with all these cars on hard difficulty?
I do not play the career events on hard only the custom races but I doubt I would win with anything that's under the 1995 Gr.3 McLaren as the non Gr cars are not the easiest to drive on Sardegna.

Last edited:
Back