Best car and strategy for Sardegna WTC 800 ?

United States
Milwaukee, WI
I've won this event and can't for the life of me remember how. I just tried a no pit strategy in the Toyota Hybrid but finished in 8th so that wasn't it.

Suggestions?

I've won this event and can't for the life of me remember how. I just tried a no pit strategy in the Toyota Hybrid but finished in 8th so that wasn't it.

Suggestions?
People may use a lot of different cars, but the Viper GTS '02 is my grinding car since the Trial Mountain Cup. It's a monster.

Maxed out to 891 hp, PP 799,97, tuned, RH tires, tcs 1, brake balance -3, full countersteering, steering sensitivity 7, stability control.

Fuel economy at 6 for the entire race, shift at 6.000 rpm.

Pit strategy:
-end of lap 5 don't change tires, just refuel to max
-end of lap 10 change tires and refuel to max.

That's it. That's a very easy win.
Lap times between 1.41 and 1.43.
You're first by lap 4 I think and you win with 2nd place way over 1 minute behind you.

Last edited:
Pitting how many times? Fuel map?
Nearly every Gr. 2 or 1 Car u have to detune to 800pp and they only need 1 pitstop. It’s on u, wich tune u go. U can tune to less hp and save fuel so FuelMap1 all the time, or u tune to Max power and fastest laps and have to use FuelMap 4-6 for the first stint and use fuelmap 1 for the second stint. So many opportunities.
I drive Sardegna since patch 1.11 all the time. Win a race and buy a new car. Win it again and buy the next one, on and on.

Last edited:
With an Gr1 or 2 Car u need no strategy. It’s only about, how fast u will win.
Mazda 787b seems like to be the fastest car atm. I’m a bad driver and need ~24:40 for Sardegna. Lapping the whole field and some twice.
Better Drivers I know only needed 24:20.
can you post mazada 787 setting for sardenga

Any gr.3 car, hard tires, slap a mid rpm turbo on it. Lsd 5/30/50 gearbox on 320kmh 6th gear 10kmh higher. Fuelmap 2, lap every 5 laps 2stoper. And no worrys, guy in the front pit 3 times.

Last edited:
can you post mazada 787 setting for sardenga
This is my actual setup. It’s not easy to drive, but the fastest setup atm.
With FM1 u can drive 6,2 laps, so u should drive one of ur stints with FM 4-6 for the other 9 laps. I do it on first stint and pitstop at end of lap 9.

The payout ist 727k, cause I never passed the 50% Bonus. I don’t know, what must happen to pass the bonus….

Have fun trying it and feel free to improve the setup.

Attachments

• 0C4DD826-721F-4B2D-A825-4ED6D2160BE7.jpeg
    0C4DD826-721F-4B2D-A825-4ED6D2160BE7.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 225
This is my actual setup. It’s not easy to drive, but the fastest setup atm.
With FM1 u can drive 6,2 laps, so u should drive one of ur stints with FM 4-6 for the other 9 laps. I do it on first stint and pitstop at end of lap 9.

The payout ist 727k, cause I never passed the 50% Bonus. I don’t know, what must happen to pass the bonus….

Have fun trying it and feel free to improve the setup.
thanks man appreicate it,

I was under the impression that the WTC 800 events were intended for Gr.3 cars. I mean, when you put a Gr.3 car on Racing Soft tires, add a fully-customizable racing transmission, and then most importantly, a supercharger or mid-range turbo, you're gonna be somewhere between 790 and 800 PP already. I used a free Corvette Gr.3 that I won from the missions for the GT World Championship, which I do believe has a PP limit of 800. With the aforementioned parts, it reached about 793 PP and won the races with relative ease.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the WTC 800 events were intended for Gr.3 cars. I mean, when you put a Gr.3 car on Racing Soft tires, add a fully-customizable racing transmission, and then most importantly, a supercharger or mid-range turbo, you're gonna be somewhere between 790 and 800 PP already. I used a free Corvette Gr.3 that I won from the missions for the GT World Championship, which I do believe has a PP limit of 800. With the aforementioned parts, it reached about 793 PP and won the races with relative ease.
U can win the race in many ways and with many cars, depend on ur skill and the goals u set yourself.
My personally goal is to race sardegna in the fastest possible time (without exploits like tomahawk). Others may prefer own goals.
The only important thing is, u have fun while doing.

I think for endurance racing the PP isn't representative of the car's potential.

When you add turbo, you have 800 bhp, yes, but the power comes with extra fuel consumption. What good is 800 bhp if you have to run on FM4 for optimal strategy anyway?

730PP is probably the most balanced target for 800PP endurance events. You can still win, but you have more flexibility in strategy.

I used the Gr3 911 with a medium turbo assuming the ai would have the same thing but it was op, it seemed like all the AI cars were using default settings.

I did a two stop race on fuel map 2 along with short shifting and lifting before braking zones. I used the same set of hards for the first two stints, then tried out the mediums for the last stint but they were kind of trash.

I see no reason to use anything but the hard tire for these races with high tire wear. Next race I won’t use the turbo either.

Last edited:
Back